• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

LoDScrew | Officially Cancelled

Mayling

BRoomer
BRoomer
Borrowed for characters.

Well, it wasn't a waste of a day. This 150 char rule would've killed us all if we couldn't see the ruleset.
from what i've seen, the infractions weren't counting until it was shown. people were posting under 150 characters tons before it got revealed and never got infractions.

that's why it was important to put Chaco at l-1 and discuss what we should do/what we had seen at that point, instead of quick hammering. it's also why hammering was scummy

at this point, i sorta understand where gheb is coming from (the joke). although i fail to understand why he didn't link the joke at the beginning and just say "this was a reference". instead it was "but it wasn't me, it was marshy." it was confusing to someone who didn't know the joke... and for the joke to be so important in this discussion, it's odd why he didn't link it sooner, or try to explain it sooner more thoroughly.

Nicholas1024

Smash Lord
from what i've seen, the infractions weren't counting until it was shown. people were posting under 150 characters tons before it got revealed and never got infractions.

that's why it was important to put Chaco at l-1 and discuss what we should do/what we had seen at that point, instead of quick hammering. it's also why hammering was scummy

at this point, i sorta understand where gheb is coming from (the joke). although i fail to understand why he didn't link the joke at the beginning and just say "this was a reference". instead it was "but it wasn't me, it was marshy." it was confusing to someone who didn't know the joke... and for the joke to be so important in this discussion, it's odd why he didn't link it sooner, or try to explain it sooner more thoroughly.
Actually, I believe that rule was only added after N1.

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer

Both I and, I believe, Kevin can confirm that that rule did not exist until after Day 1.

Ronike

Smash Ace
Hey guys, maybe we should talk about something that could actually lead somewhere instead of "You ninja hammered scum!" "Nu-uh! It was a joke!" "Yes you did" "No I didnt!"

Seriously enough of that. Either more votes on Riddle or come up with an actual case. For example, I'm also down for an Omis wagon cause he has done nothing but perpetuate this stupid **** thats going on now. But Ill keep my vote on Riddle, specially since now that the spotlight has turned away from him, he has once again disappeared.

Omis

my friends were skinny
Hey guys, maybe we should talk about something that could actually lead somewhere instead of "You ninja hammered scum!" "Nu-uh! It was a joke!" "Yes you did" "No I didnt!"

Seriously enough of that. Either more votes on Riddle or come up with an actual case. For example, I'm also down for an Omis wagon cause he has done nothing but perpetuate this stupid **** thats going on now. But Ill keep my vote on Riddle, specially since now that the spotlight has turned away from him, he has once again disappeared.
You are shitting me right? You really have to be. You focus on me when Im trying to get out of this hole that we are in but you completely ignore Mayling who seems content on talking about this for the entire game. Does this quote completely not exist anymore?

Guys, for right now at least, I really think we should stop arguing that **** semantics about the game. Gheb might have thought he hammered, he might have thought that he didnt, but there is nothing we can do about it. Nothing can tie back to that, nothing he says will change it, nothing we say changes it. Its null right now. We should focus on more important things like how Mayling is tunneling or how Im coasting.

Nicholas1024

Smash Lord
@Ronike
Okay, just let me respond to this...

Do you think its not possible for it to have been a joke, when you, yes even you, did the exact same joke?
Um, I do post the big red "HAMMAH" letters, but there's a simple code to work with here.

If there's a vote, it is an intentional Hammah.
If there's no vote, its just a joke.

You can do the math, I'm sure.

Omis

my friends were skinny
@Ronike
Okay, just let me respond to this...

Um, I do post the big red "HAMMAH" letters, but there's a simple code to work with here.

If there's a vote, it is an intentional Hammah.
If there's no vote, its just a joke.

You can do the math, I'm sure.
I really hate to have to be talking about this but you are contradicting yourself. In the example I brought up, you placed a vote also. Explain why you are lying to push a lynch on Gheb.

Mayling

BRoomer
BRoomer

I asked why Omis placed a vote on Nick but he refuses to answer

I've asked three other people questions, but they haven't responded yet

I'm more than willing to move away from this

Also, I've asked you to further explain your vote on riddle but yet you completely ignored that question and instead came and belittled what was going on in the thread. if you don't like it, bring something new to the table other than criticism.

Nicholas1024

Smash Lord
I really hate to have to be talking about this but you are contradicting yourself. In the example I brought up, you placed a vote also. Explain why you are lying to push a lynch on Gheb.
*facepalm

Whoops, so I did. :/

Anyway, it was fully obvious that Marshy had hammered, not to mention nobody really had a problem with it. In this example, I'm pretty sure Gheb was ninja'd, and that he thought he was hammering. In addition, it was waaaayyy too early to hammer, we could have gotten plenty more discussion out of D1.

Omis

my friends were skinny
*facepalm

Whoops, so I did. :/

Anyway, it was fully obvious that Marshy had hammered, not to mention nobody really had a problem with it. In this example, I'm pretty sure Gheb was ninja'd, and that he thought he was hammering. In addition, it was waaaayyy too early to hammer, we could have gotten plenty more discussion out of D1.
Your emoticons are a very subtle Appeal to Emotion. I take note of that.

You realize that those two sets of statements are contradictory, right? Im liking how, the minute I brought a question against you, you've been folding like a lawnchair. Working hard to hide something?

Nicholas1024

Smash Lord
Your emoticons are a very subtle Appeal to Emotion. I take note of that.

You realize that those two sets of statements are contradictory, right? Im liking how, the minute I brought a question against you, you've been folding like a lawnchair. Working hard to hide something?
How am I appealing to emotion? I made a mistake, I admitted it.

I suppose I was slightly unclear. The first sentence references Scum Wars, in which Marshy hammered, and then I posted the big red Hammah letters afterwards. The second references this game and Gheb's ninja hammer. Understand now?

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
Hello, everyone. Chaco's computer is broken right now or something, so I will be stepping up in my capacities from co-moderator to moderator. I will be doing regular vote counts every morning starting tomorrow morning, and until further notice, from now on all private actions including night actions should be sent to me. If you are behind on activity, you have until tomorrow morning to post because I'll be doing the counts then!

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
Hello, everyone. Chaco's computer is broken right now or something, so I will be stepping up in my capacities from co-moderator to moderator. I will be doing regular vote counts every morning starting tomorrow morning, and until further notice, from now on all private actions including night actions should be sent to me. If you are behind on activity, you have until tomorrow morning to post because I'll be doing the counts then!
This man knows how to type 150 characters.

Ronike

Smash Ace
This man knows how to type 150 characters.
You obviously don't though.

@Mayling: Quite honestly, its been hard for me to wade through all the **** arguments there have been in this thread recently, so I probably missed your question. Sorry.

I said my reasoning for voting Riddle: Kevin's reasoning. He said everything there needed to be said, so I see/saw no reason to expound and basically say the same things he said. And in Riddle's rebuttal, I was not satisfied, so I keep my vote on him. Plus, now that the conversation has moved away from him, I feel he all of the sudden has gone back to lurking, which is a fairly common mafia strat to avoid making mistakes. I did it in scum wars a bunch.

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
You obviously don't though.

@Mayling: Quite honestly, its been hard for me to wade through all the **** arguments there have been in this thread recently, so I probably missed your question. Sorry.

I said my reasoning for voting Riddle: Kevin's reasoning. He said everything there needed to be said, so I see/saw no reason to expound and basically say the same things he said. And in Riddle's rebuttal, I was not satisfied, so I keep my vote on him. Plus, now that the conversation has moved away from him, I feel he all of the sudden has gone back to lurking, which is a fairly common mafia strat to avoid making mistakes. I did it in scum wars a bunch.
So are we willing to lynch riddle or are people going to continue to ***** foot it.

thank god for our quote.

mentosman8

BRoomer
BRoomer
Ok, so where my mind at is I am currently willing to join the Riddle wagon(although I would like to see the votecount first). I have also made some strong noting of the connection Omis has made between himself and Gheb. Still think Riddle is a better first choice, but Gheb/Omis are definitely a solid place to be looking as well.

Today

ლ(இДஇლ)
Cincinnati, Ohio ; Land of Happiness and Kindness
NNID
Daylightful
@Today, are you enjoying this game? How frequently would you say (without being V/LA as you currently are) do you check up on it?
Welp, I'm back from the tournament now so I can get back to posting. (And what does V/LA mean?)

And apparently Cacti doesn't want to respond to my question.

@the Riddle case, Kevin has made some solid points about him and I don't like how Riddle has suddenly vanished because of the whole Mayling vs. Gheb situation. Although, a lot of people have gone away and stopped posting..

Rockin

Juggies <3
BRoomer
Okay, my internet is on, and my mouse is working propertly again

Time for me to catch up in this game. It'll take me about an hour or so for me to post though and tell my thoughts.

I can tell many things has happen.

Just wondering everyone, when is the deadline for this day?

Cacti

Smash Journeyman

And apparently Cacti doesn't want to respond to my question.
...what question?

............................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................

Today

ლ(இДஇლ)
NNID
Daylightful
...what question?

............................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................
Why haven't you bothered to question why he said the things he has said? Or maybe you just missed him saying that so you never knew. Also, it's nice of you to post only when you were brought up again. What are your opinions on the Riddle case? Or is most people just letting this play out and not say anything?

Today

ლ(இДஇლ)
NNID
Daylightful

Rockin

Juggies <3
BRoomer
First of all, sucks for Marshy to be modkilled. Didn't think I'd see the day for that to happen.

Next I want to reply to several of these quotes

FoS: KevinM for suggesting to quote the rules every page. This could have been a mafia ploy to get people to get infractions for posting in lime/saying the r-word.

moooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooore chars incase quotes don't count, but I'm pretty sure they do.
errr....what?

For all I know, I'm sure Mafia could care less for townies to get infraction points/get modkilled, so that post didn't make much sense at all.

Lol ryker would you prefer accidently lynching me when i'm at L-1 for 'pressure' while i'm offline being all cool op here in europe?

or have the cop waste investigates on me? or the doc waste protects?
Eh you can still lynch me, but it isn't smart to put me on L-1, L-2 is identical in the situation though.

I'd rather not die or have the REAL PRs waste stuff on me...
BTW mayling was that the hammer?
Really don't like how he's using his claimed role out like that >>

I get it now.

Unvote Vote: Riddle

Also, I was thinking about this for a while, that town can use this infraction thing to their advantage - it gets them the ability to get a daykill without ending the day. You could kill yourself if you are very sure that you know who the mafia is, for example, if you are a cop that's on shaky ground in endgame mylo with one mafia, and you know who mafia is, you could kill yourself to prove yourself. Marshy might have done this on purpose too as he seemed set on Riddle being mafia, if he died somehow and flipped town, then it would turn all eyes to Riddle.
..............................................................*facepalm*

I can't tell if this post garantees us that you're either town or what, but you're really not being helpful here. >:

FOS: Cacti

This is just what Marshy wants you to think. As there is still a sibling of his running around, he might still win if that sibling wins. Why would he blatantly say that I'm town? I cannot see any feasible reason then to try to take me down with him.

Thats...kinda anti towny-like post you did there, cacti. You're probably not the sib, but you're hardly town thus far.

I know about the "Hammah" thing, but I'm not buying your explanation. If the point was to mock how marshy forgot his "Hammah!", then why did you include your own vote, and post it in a ninja. I think that you fully intended to hammer. Vote: Gheb
I'm not liking your first post here or quick to vote only cause you really explained little to what you thought of what went on.

I pointed out that Im coasting because I am.
I went back and found the joke.
http://www.smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=9262448&postcount=349
http://www.smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=9263046&postcount=351

Now can you PLEASE stop being a tunneling prick about this entire game and actually look at something important.

vote nick
Omis, stop defending for Gheb. He can answer his own questions.

Now then

I'm more then happy to lynch Riddle not only cause of how he's been responding to such pressure, but how quickly he tried to get recognition for putting a case on Marshy. Whether he was going to get modkilled or not, it makes riddle look scummy. Why be so swift to get recognition instead of it just naturally happening? I don't like it, and Kevin putted up a good case (also, I'm glad he finally told off his reason.

Then there's Gheb and his attempt at lynching Tom. Whether Tom shows up on the vote count or not, I felt this was pretty scummy. Even if we could lynch Tom, it'll just give Maf another free NK. Something I'm sure Gheb would want to avoid.

between the two, I much rather Riddle to die then Gheb (though he can be lynched too). When it comes down to it, Riddle reeks a bit more then Gheb.

Xonar, I'd be fine to lynching? Why? Hasn't really been contributing all D2. All the posts I've seen from him is him talking about his claim and how it's a bad idea to put him on L-1, or explaining further about his role, and so on. I HATE that he claimed this only cause the only way to prove such thing is by putting him close to being lynched. Mayling brought up a good point as to why he wasn't killed yet, but then I also agree to what JF said as well. In either case, his role would not excuse me from voting him. He better shape up or else...

I'm FOSing ryker cause of the small case he put up on Ronike earlier on. I wasn't liking the light nudges he was putting on him.

Cacti remains to be pretty unhelpful IMO.

I'd like to hear more from Mentos to what he feels about the whole thing. So far, I have little to no problem with Mayling, and KevinM and Ronike looks good in my book.

Nick, Omis, Macman, Hando, Today, and Junglefever needs to step it up and tell what do they think thus far.

Omis

my friends were skinny
I also like how you are accusing quite some number of people for not providing material when you yourself barely just made your first, or maybe even second, substantial post.

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
Xonar, I'd be fine to lynching? Why? Hasn't really been contributing all D2. All the posts I've seen from him is him talking about his claim and how it's a bad idea to put him on L-1, or explaining further about his role, and so on. I HATE that he claimed this only cause the only way to prove such thing is by putting him close to being lynched. Mayling brought up a good point as to why he wasn't killed yet, but then I also agree to what JF said as well. In either case, his role would not excuse me from voting him. He better shape up or else...

I'm FOSing ryker cause of the small case he put up on Ronike earlier on. I wasn't liking the light nudges he was putting on him.

Cacti remains to be pretty unhelpful IMO.

I'd like to hear more from Mentos to what he feels about the whole thing. So far, I have little to no problem with Mayling, and KevinM and Ronike looks good in my book.

Nick, Omis, Macman, Hando, Today, and Junglefever needs to step it up and tell what do they think thus far.
The part regarding me. I've said before that it was a dead end. I saw that first post from Ronike and it raised red flags. Turned out to be a red herring though.

Also, Omis, don't eat a modkill.

Now then, when's deadline? I would prefer not to no lynch.

Also, I'm going to be slightly inactive until Friday. I'll be around, just only around 10:00-3:00 off and on.

Today

ლ(இДஇლ)
NNID
Daylightful
Uhm.. I'm pretty sure I've posted what I think before. But I guess you missed it, so I guess I'll have to repeat myself. I'm iffy on Cacti just because his posts aren't helpful at all or don't make any sense. He doesn't post at all. Only posts when I had to say something to him a second time, nonetheless. Never bothered to question Riddle every time Riddle brought him up.

And like I said before about the Riddle case. Kevin made some interesting points, and I don't like how he's gone. But I can't base much off his vanishing since a lot of people have also gone and stopped posting. But, he did only disappear when the focus turned from him and went on Mayling vs. Gheb.

I also had my opinion on Gheb as well. As of right not the whole, "Hammah" thing is just confusing. But he did attempt to lynch Tom saying, "hey something might happen!" trying to seem as town as possible, when before people tried to lynch Tom and nothing happened. So trying again of course won't work.

Overall, I'm more weary over Cacti than Riddle, but still weary over all three. Other peoples opinions and reactions sway me. So I'm waiting on more posts from others, which I hope they come back soon.

#HBC | ZoZo

Shocodoro Blagshidect
Just dislike my role and the character count thing really put me off. Not really that interested in this game anymore, also because of marshy modkill how fun is that? I'd rather FIND scum instead of letting them report themselves.

No you can't confirm it publicly without lynching me except if theres like a governer and he wants to waste a lynchstop on me which would mean the gov should claim with is baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaad.

I does not like.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
This is so frustrating. Are people even reading?

I did NOT try to lynch Tom. Voting =/= trying to get him lynched. Voting Chaco yesterDay revealed the rules. I just wanted to see if voting Tom would have some kind of effect as well. Just because I vote once people conclude that I want him lynched to get another night phase and there have to be scum? That's pseudo-scumhunting in it's purest form.

Riddle dead yet?

:059:

DtJ Hilt

Little Lizard
I don't think Gheb putting a vote on Tom was him trying to get Tom lynched actually. He was probably just wanting to know if the vote itself did something, such as how putting a vote on chaco revealed rules for us. However, it's possible that he could have been hoping a wagon would start if a vote on tom did do something similar to votes on Chaco, hoping that people would keep piling on votes if each one did something, and "accidentally" wasting another day. But there isn't really a way to know what his intentions really were for sure. I'm a little more curious to if someone knew that a vote on chaco would do something (most likely due to information from their role pm), but that's not important.

Also, after reading the original "hammah" joke I'm a little more inclined to believe gheb's story, if only it wasn't for the 1 minute difference between his and marshy's post that makes it seem too much like a ninja :/ However also, it could have been possible that (since both Marshy and Nick put "hammah" in their post in big red letters) that he was instead making a joke as the first person in the sequence and not the second person, and is lying because he's backed in a corner.

Gheb, the thing is that you haven't even really acknowledged that you understand the reasoning of why people are voting for you based on this and calling you out on trying to hammer. In everyone else's minds you could well have tried to hammer only to be ninja'd by marshy. That's a good possibility. Completely brushing that off is what's making you look like scum.

But basically, this is all being based too much on assumptions than it is on facts which is going to get us nowhere other than pointless arguments back and forth that are just going to waste time.

Riddle needs to show up though.

Xonar if you're losing interest in the game you should recommend to be replaced. You haven't shown much of a desire to scum hunt (have you placed a vote on anyone?) and are kind of just taking up space. If you are confirmed townie (or even semi-confirmed townie) you can still help us out instead of just... being there.

But yeah, if things move from a Riddle to a Gheb wagon, I probably won't be putting my vote on it. Not yet at least, unless there's something I find that's more factual to go off of.

Going to bed @_@ Sorry if my post doesn't make sense or something

#HBC | ZoZo

Shocodoro Blagshidect
I'll take interest later on, I just dislike when everyones talking about nothing.

Gheb is looking scummy cuz he wanted to hammer, even though he didnt, there was still the vote itself. Though this can't be proven, so I don't really want to hold it against him.
Riddle is doin jack sht just go with him.

Mayling

BRoomer
BRoomer
I'll take interest later on, I just dislike when everyones talking about nothing.

Gheb is looking scummy cuz he wanted to hammer, even though he didnt, there was still the vote itself. Though this can't be proven, so I don't really want to hold it against him.
Riddle is doin jack sht just go with him.
unvote: vote: Today

Riddle

Smash Lord
sorry for disappearing guys.

I really don't know if gheb's vote was a joke or not but I'm inclined to believe that he actually thought he was hammering. Whats more scummy to me however is the defending of Gheb done by Omis.

Omis very obviously is defending gheb which points to a very possible scum/indy partnership there or just scum buddying. I don't like it at all.

Unvote, vote: Omis

Ronike

Smash Ace
This is so frustrating. Are people even reading?

I did NOT try to lynch Tom. Voting =/= trying to get him lynched. Voting Chaco yesterDay revealed the rules. I just wanted to see if voting Tom would have some kind of effect as well. Just because I vote once people conclude that I want him lynched to get another night phase and there have to be scum? That's pseudo-scumhunting in it's purest form.
Riddle dead yet?

:006:

Ronike

Smash Ace
sorry for disappearing guys.

I really don't know if gheb's vote was a joke or not but I'm inclined to believe that he actually thought he was hammering. Whats more scummy to me however is the defending of Gheb done by Omis.

Omis very obviously is defending gheb which points to a very possible scum/indy partnership there or just scum buddying. I don't like it at all.

Unvote, vote: Omis
seriously, riddle just tried to call omis and gheb an indy team, regardless of the fact that we already HAD an indy team. and once again, once hes back in the spot light, he shows up again.

Handorin

Smash Hero
I'm not entirely sure what to comment on at the moment. So I'm just going to

Vote: Riddle

Because I approve of this wagon. The cases already laid out seem to go with what I was thinking.

If you have anything more specific, ask.

Rockin

Juggies <3
BRoomer
I'm not entirely sure what to comment on at the moment. So I'm just going to

Vote: Riddle

Because I approve of this wagon. The cases already laid out seem to go with what I was thinking.

If you have anything more specific, ask.
What do you think of the case against Gheb?

What do you think of Xonar's claim and how do you think he's been playing?

What do you think of Mayling?

Anyone you feel you're suspicious of thus far?

#HBC | ZoZo

Shocodoro Blagshidect
What do you think of Xonar's claim and how do you think he's been playing?
back at yourself.

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Top Bottom