• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

London 'Out of Con'Trolls' Tournament - 14th January MELEE + BRAWL

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
When we get all the TV's at once and know a precise amount, we will need the community to assist us in bringing some Setups...

Brawl has a history in past events to lack for setups and if you people yourself want a sucessful you need to help us out in this area.
A list will be made closer to the date.

ALSO we need some people with recording equipment for the tournament so if you can bring one please say...we would like atleast 2 (better if we get more obv) recording setups for each game as we want to record the earlier stages of the tournament and cater to people of all abilities and to get their matches recorded and up on youtube to join the smash community :bee:

Bullet Bill

Smash Master
When we get all the TV's at once and know a precise amount, we will need the community to assist us in bringing some Setups...

Brawl has a history in past events to lack for setups and if you people yourself want a sucessful you need to help us out in this area.
A list will be made closer to the date.

ALSO we need some people with recording equipment for the tournament so if you can bring one please say...we would like atleast 2 (better if we get more obv) recording setups for each game as we want to record the earlier stages of the tournament and cater to people of all abilities and to get their matches recorded and up on youtube to join the smash community :bee:
Sounds like you and AD are putting in a good effort to make sure this is a good event which is really good to see. I'll be bringing a melee setup as always. Can't bring a brawl setup cos my wii doesn't work.

Read my PM!

Jolteon

I'm sharpening my knife, kupo.
Aaron: Mike said he wouldn't mind letting Melee use his capture card as long as someone brought a laptop for it.

Also I'm impressed with your ideas/effort. :) I've thought for the longest time that more available recording set-ups would be awesome.

:king:

Bishkin

Smash Apprentice
Yeh I will probably show my face for this lol. Can bring my ezcap if I come

:phone:

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
Sounds like you and AD are putting in a good effort to make sure this is a good event which is really good to see. I'll be bringing a melee setup as always. Can't bring a brawl setup cos my wii doesn't work.

Read my PM!
That would be great :)

But make sure you remind me later to the date when we are making the list because with do everything I might forget :)

And yeah sorry, I read your PM but I read it late and figured you wouldn't be online then anyway because it was like the next day.
Plus i've been semi busy

I'm pretty sure I can go to this now, I'll bring recording aaron (and probs a setup)
Thanks, that would mean a lot :)
I will put you on the first page and im leaving 4 reserved spots for each game as that would be the ideal turnout for recording setups at our tournaments

Aaron: Mike said he wouldn't mind letting Melee use his capture card as long as someone brought a laptop for it.

Also I'm impressed with your ideas/effort. :) I've thought for the longest time that more available recording set-ups would be awesome.

That sounds good :)
Who's Mike again as there is more then 1 Mike lol...but either way thanks

And Thanks :) Me and Alpha Dash are making a really good effort on making this tournament appeal to everyone and making it a successful and fun tournament with a great turnout, you really need to see the venue, it's so good.
We will be recording the venue soon and posting it on SmashUK so people understand.

IMPORTANT QUESTION

HOW important is recording setups for brawl...because I know brawlers have the infinite replay glitch which means they can save a huge chunk of their games, and I don't know how much people have this on their wiis.

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
Yeh I will probably show my face for this lol. Can bring my ezcap if I come

Make sure you bring Fandemz and Joe (I think it is, he was at Brighton) along as well....

ALSOOOO what programs are required to be on a Laptop for Ezcap to work?

If people can bring laptops that would be good as well as they are needed...

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
Ohhhh lol....yeah I find smash names easier obviously

If anyone can lend a laptop for the recording equipment to be setup on it would seriously help the community out and be GREAT as we now have two potential recording setups needing a laptop

You won't have to worry about the safety of your laptop as it will always be out in the open, constantly recording games and will be in the smash community sight.

Jolteon

I have a laptop but I dunno if it's good enough to record, I think I should bring it to dujuan's one day and we can have a test-recording.

Also you need virtualdub for the capture card that charles has (dazzle I think)... or windows movie maker for an ezcap.

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
Yeahhh, a test out will definitely be necessary, don't want anything unexpectedly messing up on the day.

I will speak to Dujuan about it and maybe get Unreal and them lot down...I know Unreal has a laptop as well, I will speak to him about it.

Alpha Dash

Smash Ace
I hope sound does not get corrupted on any of the games.

Finals will be hooked up to a TV with recording equipment, a microphone for commentary and a projector (this is a friggin huge projector btw!) for everyone to view. I hope we get a lot of people watching the finals to show the players support. It would just be nice to have a lot of people watching (and a lot of pressure :D )

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
Yeah, it's not as much hype in grand finals when everyone goes and plays friendlies, but I have a good feeling this one that everyone will be watching it and the place will just be filled with hype

Jolteon

melee lool

Not if I play you before GFs!! :)

nvm you'll **** charles anyway

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
im guessing melee & brawl will be played at the same time?
Yes, 8 TV's will be given to Melee and 8 for brawl....hopefully we actually have more by that time.

melee lool

Not if I play you before GFs!! :)

nvm you'll **** charles anyway

LOL Hopefully I do, really want to win this one since it will be the 6th win for me and plus its my own tournament and in my homeland and infront of my home people lol

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
Good stuff :)

Really wish we could have advertised our event there...did you tell peeps about it, and if you did how did you tell them about it.

Also who won the brawl tournament?

AND also are CloudRain and C.R.Z. the same person

Global Gaming

Smash Journeyman
Good stuff :)

Really wish we could have advertised our event there...did you tell peeps about it, and if you did how did you tell them about it.

Also who won the brawl tournament?

AND also are CloudRain and C.R.Z. the same person
There was no Brawl tournament :(

And I advertised your tournament on the expo website and was informing people of the upcoming tourneys and there whereabouts. Got a couple of peoples numbers that are keen to start going tourneys and are very interested in this. :)

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
There was no Brawl tournament :(

And I advertised your tournament on the expo website and was informing people of the upcoming tourneys and there whereabouts. Got a couple of peoples numbers that are keen to start going tourneys and are very interested in this. :)

Sounds good :)
Hopefully we get a good few people from the Expo coming to it :)

prof you didnt answer me

me + you brawl teams?
I will have to see on the day, im not too sure yet even though it would be funny, because I am running the tournament as well so I just have to see how im feeling on the day

Jolteon

Hype for this. :D Big event, big venue, lots of newcomers, in the superior part of London, crews, multiple recording set-ups, new stages, strict DQ rule. :)

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
Hype for this. :D Big event, big venue, lots of newcomers, in the superior part of London, crews, multiple recording set-ups, new stages, strict DQ rule. :)

All of this, but mostly the yellow part :bee:

But yeah, im happy to see the community is looking forward to this event...cos I can genuinely tell that people are hyped about this tournament which is a great feeling coming from me being one of the TO's for this tournament :)

I can't help but repeat but I really want to show people the venue...it's indoors with carpet and loads of chairs and tables, (2 couches lol) and massive space, it's comfortville

I think we could get top 3 prof if we pick the right team, and you know how to play brawl now lol
LOL Im alright at it...literally the only character I play is Marth, I will think about it on the day, right now I will leave it as a maybe but in the 75% yes...so it's likely lol

He still doesn't know all the character's movesets ahahaha.

This is true, I still get hit by certain moves and say 'What the hell is that'....'Why am I getting sent in that direction'....'Is that a F-Smash or F-Tilt'

BUT then I just use my melee mind and then win...

Jolteon

Charles if you really wanna have a team partner for brawl why don't we team? I can beat aaron trollolol, also it sounds like he is going to be busy with his TO duties.

@Aaron: Wow that all sounds awesome, you're going to have to be strict on people not spilling things though cause carpet+sofas etc. with sticky drinks/hot food is a dangerous combination.

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
Yeahhh we are definitely going to need Bins inside the place...would really appreciate though if people made an effort to keep everything clean.

Also we're gonna buy some labels for everyone to stick on their shirt with their smash name just so everyone knows who everyone is.

And I already know I am going to be VERY strict but fair...Mages DQ Rule all the way, and also I want to follow the schedule as accurately as possible.

Schedule
12:00 - Signups Start
13:00 - Signups End
13:15 - Singles Pools
14:45 - Doubles Bracket
17:00 - 20 Minute Break
17:20 - Singles Bracket
20:00 - Crew Battle Hype

I like the schedule because it leaves 2 hours at the end, and those 2 hours are sure to fill any potential problems which may happen on the day...

The crew battle this tournament is a MUST!!!
I really want to get everyone in the community involved instead of doing there seperate thing and also attract new people to join in and this will do that.
And we all know Crew Battle hype is literally unavoidable

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
ALSO I'm thinking about doing a mini tournament (no entry fee) for the people who don't get out of pools while doubles is going on.

Since doubles usually has slightly less entrants and obviously the entrants get sorta halved because it's two people on one team there will be more TV's to appoint.

Depending on the amount of people who don't get out of pools, like a little 16 Man Bracket.

This is still up for debate though.
Any opinions on this people?

Jolteon

Look up a format called the "Amateur bracket", it's something that several American tournaments have implemented and apparently it works extremely well for keeping newcomers interested.

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
Thank you, im definitely going to check that out, I really want to cater to the new people at this tournament and everyone get in a good amount of games, no matter how good of bad your performance is.

ALSO im currently learning how to fully use T.I.O and with the seeding....am I meant to put

10 Skill by the Top 4 Seeds
Professor Pro
Fuzzyness
Vanity Angel
Retroking < (Just put him for lulz)

High Seeds as Skill 5
Jolteon
J3ly
Unreal
Deathgazer

And then everyonelse as skill 1?

ALSO if you have any idea where that 'Amateur Bracket' is I would appreciate it as I don't really know where to begin looking.

Alpha Dash

Smash Ace
Na long just skill 10 for tops, skill 8 for highs and skill 5 (because 5 is a default) for everyone else, makes life easier.

If theres 8 pools of 6 (for example) and we do top 4 get through that will allow us to have a 32 man bracket. If we are falling behind worst comes to worst we'll do top 3 go through, people who place 1st get a bye creating a 24 man bracket.

Top Bottom