• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

London 'Out of Con'Trolls' Tournament - 14th January MELEE + BRAWL

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
We shouldn't be falling behind for time straight away since that is the 1st event.

And i've given Singles Pools on the schedule 1 Hour and 30 minutes to be done.
And singular pool should never take this long, even in Brawl...and if every pool has a TV it SHOULD be done, and undoubtably will be if Mages DQ Rule is in full effect

And I think what we will do is Free Enter for the Amatuer Bracket and winner wins their entry fee back.
Since I don't want to make people pay again and also it's more about the play time and sense of acheivement rather then money.

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
If people haven't seen on facebook or on the update on 1st page, there has been a new edition added to this tournament called the 'Amatuer Bracket'...which will mean that those people who don't make it out of pools get to enter in a seperate tournament for £1....tournament splitting is between 1st, 2nd and 3rd....but the best but is...

WINNER GETS THEIR PLACEMENT BACK IN THE PRO BRACKET!!!

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
wow i was just looking at the list of players
so much new players :O now
Yessss there are lol.
You should really come to this event with Frostbyte and Chrisboi...you can clearly see by the directions that it's not even that hard to get to lol.

Loool Mage rule seems mean
Yeahh can feel a lot of hype towards this, really looking forward to it
YOU HAVE NO EXCUSE NOT TO COME lol.

And Mages DQ Rule is VERYYY far from harsh if you have been to many events and see what people do.

Too many times people have spent 20 mins playing friendlies or just left the venue for like 15 mins without any notificiation while they are meant to playing tournament games and it lags the bracket, making someone have to wait long for their game because other haven't finished there's (im a victim of this EVERY tournament)...then having to rush at the end, being kicked out or rushed during Grand Finals, or the tournament not even finishing the event

THIS IS NOT HAPPENING AT THIS TOURNAMENT, people just have to pay attention and not be stupid....if you go to the toilet or have some important reasons you need to take 5 mins away, it is your duty to notify one of the T.O's

SugarPhil

Smash Cadet
Yessss there are lol.
You should really come to this event with Frostbyte and Chrisboi...you can clearly see by the directions that it's not even that hard to get to lol.

YOU HAVE NO EXCUSE NOT TO COME lol.

And Mages DQ Rule is VERYYY far from harsh if you have been to many events and see what people do.

Too many times people have spent 20 mins playing friendlies or just left the venue for like 15 mins without any notificiation while they are meant to playing tournament games and it lags the bracket, making someone have to wait long for their game because other haven't finished there's (im a victim of this EVERY tournament)...then having to rush at the end, being kicked out or rushed during Grand Finals, or the tournament not even finishing the event

THIS IS NOT HAPPENING AT THIS TOURNAMENT, people just have to pay attention and not be stupid....if you go to the toilet or have some important reasons you need to take 5 mins away, it is your duty to notify one of the T.O's
Loooool no excuse? Imma say im going thorpe park for the day or something. Don't worry ill turn up. I might be able to come to this months monthly hopefully too.

Ahh can imagine that happening, that's really frustrating
And can all the single pools be played in an hour?

Jolteon

I'm sharpening my knife, kupo.
People take the piss all the time by going to smoke after like EVERY set and going to the shops a lot, and the worst thing is that they don't tell people so we have no idea what's going on. It sounds harsh but it's also very necessary.

:king:

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
Loooool no excuse? Imma say im going thorpe park for the day or something. Don't worry ill turn up. I might be able to come to this months monthly hopefully too.

Ahh can imagine that happening, that's really frustrating
And can all the single pools be played in an hour?
LOL Yeah it would be good if you can come to the Monthly as well, but our Tournament is in your homeland so you most definitely have no excuse lol...

And it can be VERY frustrating at events which im not even hosting, so I know if this rule was not enforced at my own event I will myself be extremely frustrated.
And the Singles Pools is 1 hour and 30 mins...we are hoping to meet this time and we have 2 hours of available error for this tournament, so either way we feel we will be fine.

People take the piss all the time by going to smoke after like EVERY set and going to the shops a lot, and the worst thing is that they don't tell people so we have no idea what's going on. It sounds harsh but it's also very necessary.

This ^

People are free to leave the venue as they wish, but they will be DQ'd if there game is being called and they are not there to play it unless a valid reason is present before leaving.

SolCalibre

One of UK's Best Sonics, apparently.
NNID
Solcalibur64
You know i'm going to be there. Also need to train more for this year.

Global Gaming

Smash Journeyman
Yo Sol, were you the guy from the expo yesterday? This is Willz, you weren't that bad man, keep training and I see you becoming a high level player :)
Best come to this tourney dude :)

And who's going to be TO'ing the Brawl side of this tourney? I can help with everything cuz I know like every player and host tournaments and get **** done pretty quick :)

:phone:

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
We're going to be TO'ing everything, even though we play Melee we still will be giving our full concentration to both games...but your help would obviously be appreciated on the day. :)

Alpha Dash

Smash Ace
Yo Sol, were you the guy from the expo yesterday? This is Willz, you weren't that bad man, keep training and I see you becoming a high level player :)
Best come to this tourney dude :)

And who's going to be TO'ing the Brawl side of this tourney? I can help with everything cuz I know like every player and host tournaments and get **** done pretty quick :)

:phone:
Yes We'll appreciate the help, you and maybe Anaky, experienced TO's.

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
Does anyone know how to in-corporate the TV's in T.I.O.
I put 8 TV's Stations in a 32 Man Bracket, but I don't know where to find the auto assign...unless you have to manually assign matches to a TV

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
There's no Duhhh needed behind that lol.

And there's only 2 people on there I know who aren't on the confirmed list which are 'Eamon' and 'Mitsuki'...
The rest im not too sure because they might be on the list already as I dont know who a lot of the smash people are IRL

Could people help me with some of the names on the facebook list so I know what there Smash Names are.

Jolteon

I'm sharpening my knife, kupo.
I don't know whether posting people's FB on a public forum is the greatest idea lol.

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
Yeah I deleted it LOL

But either way, I cant confirm who everyone is through facebook because I dont know everyone and I dont want to put duplicates

Good shiz AmcD on coming, I was hoping you and Jo3 would, need that doubles competition lol :)

Swiss

Smash Lord
Me and a guy called Snick (don't judge him by his name) will be there.

I only post in Dgames, but I'll be damned if I'll miss out on a chance to pretend I'm good at smash

Swiss

Smash Lord
I'll also offer an open challenge of drinking brawl. 10 stocks each, every time you kill an enemy, take a shot.

You sure you wanna pick up that hammer, kiddo?

Alpha Dash

Smash Ace
If prof teams with fuzzy for brawl I'll need a team partner. My team awareness is very good, hence why we place 1st in melee doubles. So is there anyone who would potentially like to team up (if I dont team with prof in brawl as well)?

Loz8ichimaru

Smash Apprentice
Amateur bracket seems like a great idea, should raise attendance, everyone plays a similar number of matches and introduces low or mid level players to the different levels of competitive play. As opposed to just a few matches in pools where they might lose horribly.

If there was time for it you should consider adding a low tier tournament as a side-event. Would be nice to play as Lucas or Mario for once without someone picking Marth or Donkey f'in Kong. Also would give at least a little interest for players to use more than one character and not just ignore 'low tiers' simply because of their tier placement. Time-wise I'm sure something like this would be difficult to fit in, but think about it - how many people would enter a Low-tier tournament?

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
If prof teams with fuzzy for brawl I'll need a team partner. My team awareness is very good, hence why we place 1st in melee doubles. So is there anyone who would potentially like to team up (if I dont team with prof in brawl as well)?
I dont think I want to play Brawl Doubles anymore, I want to be playing on point for Melee Doubles and I want to win it, you should feel the same way, cos we both know neither of us are gonna win Brawl doubles no matter who you team with.

Plus we need to be TO'ing the tournament, but it's you're choice, for the sake of our Melee Doubles Performance and winning the money reconsider lol.

Amateur bracket seems like a great idea, should raise attendance, everyone plays a similar number of matches and introduces low or mid level players to the different levels of competitive play. As opposed to just a few matches in pools where they might lose horribly.

If there was time for it you should consider adding a low tier tournament as a side-event. Would be nice to play as Lucas or Mario for once without someone picking Marth or Donkey f'in Kong. Also would give at least a little interest for players to use more than one character and not just ignore 'low tiers' simply because of their tier placement. Time-wise I'm sure something like this would be difficult to fit in, but think about it - how many people would enter a Low-tier tournament?
Yep, that's the whole point of the Amateur Bracket :)
Catering to all people

I will think about a Low-Tier Tournament, but generally Low-Tier tournament don't generate that much hype and have that much entrants, but we are definitely doing a crew battle...

If we do one it would have to be after the Crew Battle and if there was enough time, so we will have to see on the day.

Alpha Dash

Smash Ace
If everything runs smoothly then I have no problem with it. ONLY if we can get more TV's. I would appreciate it so much if anyone could get a hold of more TVs, preferably CRT televisions

Luigimitsu

Smash Apprentice
I would definitely enter a mid tier tournament, since I play with quite a few mid tier characters but for low tier I would probably just pick Samus, you want it because two of your mains are low tier lol.

Alpha Dash

Smash Ace
I dont think I want to play Brawl Doubles anymore, I want to be playing on point for Melee Doubles and I want to win it, you should feel the same way, cos we both know neither of us are gonna win Brawl doubles no matter who you team with.

Plus we need to be TO'ing the tournament, but it's you're choice, for the sake of our Melee Doubles Performance and winning the money reconsider lol.
Yes this id true HOWEVER If we place at least 3rd thats more money for us. But I know you have doubts about us placing top 3. By January who knows, we may be a lot better at brawl by then too lol.

Top Bottom