• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Lord HDL’s Link Guide!

Damax

Smash Lord
some already use Link (for adult logically) and Y.Link for Young Link. or yng link, ylink . those who write adult Link and young link fully.. got time too waste... or are studying at university and have a better writing. anyway this was a total off topic post

To Lord HDL: even though it may sounds dumb, maybe you could do vids of regular wavedash, perfect wavedash, shield wavedash and landing wavedash. So people can see the mighty Link making his super long wavedashes...well not realy but whatever. it'll give noob and idea how long you can do this.

moonwalk: what the hell you did that all your life? I always end up turning around or not going as far as you. anyway its useless but I wondered if you had any tips? its only for showoff purpose anyway.

Albeydorf

Smash Rookie
Can I get some help on how to lay link's bombs flat on the ground?
I've seen in the smash videos,so now i'm curious? heh.
I'll apprreciate it!!

Damax

Smash Lord
Press Z while holding a bomb to drop it

to lay it flat you must drop it just before landing look at HDL's triple jump he lay a bomb there. your bomb need to almost touch the ground. if you drop it to fast it'll explode. a BAck SH can help you in doing this, or try using the edge

HDL

I like pork chops.
BRoomer
Damax said:
To Lord HDL: even though it may sounds dumb, maybe you could do vids of regular wavedash, perfect wavedash, shield wavedash and landing wavedash. So people can see the mighty Link making his super long wavedashes...well not realy but whatever. it'll give noob and idea how long you can do this.

moonwalk: what the hell you did that all your life? I always end up turning around or not going as far as you. anyway its useless but I wondered if you had any tips? its only for showoff purpose anyway.
I’ll think about the wavedash videos.

Do a HCB motion for moonwalk.

Smash Lord
It's been updated a lot since i last looked at it. To be honest i don't remember it being this good :laugh:

Maybe i'll have to update mine. ****!!

:p

Aiser

Smash Lord
Okay, is perfect wavedashing just a sprint dash like you mentioned in your guide? because I was always under the impression that a perfect wavedash was just a wavedash done at an almost horizontle angle

Damax

Smash Lord
you'll have to work out hard cause Lord HDL is about 8 miles away now. his >>>>>>>> yours. all thats missing to his is the wavedashes show off. you misses all the vids but has a little more content which isn't worth those nice vids :p keep it up guyz

a perfect wavedash is not a sprint wavedash or whatever you said

a perfect wavedash is a longer wavedash because of the perfect angle, the smash effect and the timing of the jump and the dodge.... correct me if i'm wrong

Aiser

Smash Lord
^ Okay so I have been doing perfect wavedashes I never got the timing of the sprint dash down right. be cool to see a vid of it but meh...>_>

Damax

Smash Lord
are you jealous? I just admire what he did. I'll kiss your if you give me a reason to. anyway this is the LORD HDL guide THREAD so its obvious we talking about that.... i could go in your thread and praise your guide, but I got bored for getting to the end. Thats why Lord HDL >>>> you... anyway If its upset you so much I'll be at the ottawa smash fest and I bet you are too right? so cya there

Smash Lord
Ow i didn't mean it like that chill. I was just looking and it seemed that in every one of your posts that you mentioned him and how good he is. It just looked like you were trying to kiss butt. Also i'm not paying $150 to take a train to Ottawa.

Damax

Smash Lord
you going to trans-canada tournament? I may end up on the east coast team. we'll maybe get time to do friendlies?. he's good, I just admire that he shared his knowledge cause there's a few thing I didn't knew. (mostly from videos) like the Link stuck glitch which is useless but funny

Albeydorf

Smash Rookie
I feel like a dunnsoid'?
Can someone lead me to where,this site has all the list of moves and the names that you call them by!
I haven't been there in awhile , and i can't seem to remember?!
I'll appreciate it!

Damax

Smash Lord
Volasko said:
Damax come to the NNR tourney this Saturday Feb 18th 1pm till 9pm. All the good Eastcoasters are going to be there. If you wanna get on the East Coast Crew for the Tran-Canada Tourney your going to have to prove your worth there.

Link to Tourney:http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=63095
Sry HDL for spammin in ur thread.
What the hell bring you *** to montreal ***, like I've got only this to do you know how ****ing far you live to me? its half a day to get there, so I'm not going twice won't you get this in you'r head I can't even believe you start spamming here about the east coast crew. if you wanna know I don't care if I'm not making in as long as I get your *** kicked ****en arrogant noob, its not cause I can't go to a ****ing toronto tournament that I can't be in the east crew. cause as I know you can't make it to montreal tomorrow for JIH's smash fest. so screw you. And beside our reputation > yours. Kanata guys > yours. This tournament date was awfully choosen too and doesn't match my school schedule, has a lot of work is due for february. this was already spoked about and we're supposed to fight the night before the tourny because you can't even make it to ottawa yourselves.

8000 i'll be wearing a element cap, should be all you need to know. see you there dude

Lord HDL: sorry for this ruckus some people don't get it.

Albeydorf: huh I'll try to find that and send the link in a private msg... I've seen this somewhere.....

Smash Lord
Why are you so angry all the time. It's not like he's trying to insult you. (at least i don't think so)

You need to be calm...

Also let's not post about this crap in HDL's guide anymore, PM each other.

Smashmat

Smash Rookie
Great guide HDL. The videos were a nice touch to. Wish I had ppl to play against where I live. I'm stuck to playing the comp or the missus on team mode with comp. :-(. Unlikely ill get any better as the only way to really is thorough competion.

Albeydorf

Smash Rookie
i'm having a hard time?
trying to come back with link! Using the bomb trick method?
Most of the time i spin attack onto the bomb, but my sword swing usually knock's it around me?
Maybe someone knows?
I'm thinkning that there's alittle trick to it!
Appreciate the help.

Smashmat

Smash Rookie
Albeydorf said:
i'm having a hard time?
trying to come back with link! Using the bomb trick method?
Most of the time i spin attack onto the bomb, but my sword swing usually knock's it around me?
Maybe someone knows?
I'm thinkning that there's alittle trick to it!
Appreciate the help.
DI forward then back

II Drifter II

Smash Rookie
overall i've found the guide very helpful

one problem, i dont understand most of this terminoligy. smash? forward smash?.....could u just say what buttons to press/directions to move your control stick?

i'm a really big noob if you didn't figure out already. I really wanted to start getting into the competitive smash, for the online (the legit online, not warpipe or w/e).

is there like a guide to learning the pro terminology? i dont know how to crouch cancel or CC or w/e....if you could possibly help me out/take the time to I would really appreciate that.

TheBuzzSaw

Young Link Extraordinaire
BRoomer
II Drifter II said:
overall i've found the guide very helpful

one problem, i dont understand most of this terminoligy. smash? forward smash?.....could u just say what buttons to press/directions to move your control stick?

i'm a really big noob if you didn't figure out already. I really wanted to start getting into the competitive smash, for the online (the legit online, not warpipe or w/e).

is there like a guide to learning the pro terminology? i dont know how to crouch cancel or CC or w/e....if you could possibly help me out/take the time to I would really appreciate that.
Having to write out exactly what buttons to push every single time would become cumbersome over time. Read this thread for details on terminology: http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=42749

II Drifter II

Smash Rookie
well yes, i realize that.......i looked in some other guides and they wrote those out and stuff.......but thanks for the link though

Snowman3karrotz

Smash Rookie
YO HDL!!! NICE Tutorial of link. Youve got the best one out of the others. I really Enjoyed the videos. By judging what i seen, youd probably kick my *** in SSB Melee. Hey I have 1 question. on the bomb shower trick explain to me why the boomerang comes in effect. and how to do it. Thanks A LOT!!!!-----
-
-
SNOWmAN!!!

twister425

Smash Cadet
whether he shows off or not, he's good, and you cant deny it. i guess that's why he's considered the best link in the US.

Aiser

Smash Lord
If anything I think HDL and Germ are about equal, however HDL does seem like a better player over all.

twister425

Smash Cadet
you could say that, but you havent seen HDL play well known players and win. Such as KillaOR, Ken, Isai, Azen, Chillindude89, ChuDat.....etc. HDL plays in high levels of play, BUT, he doesn't play against Pro's. i know for a fact that GERM is better.

LHG

Smash Journeyman
Great guide. I've been a Link user for quite sometime and thought I knew a lot. Time to get better than I thought I'd ever be.

HDL

I like pork chops.
BRoomer
twister425 said:
i know for a fact that GERM is better.
I know for a fact that your sig is horrible. The worst even.

And FYI there’s no underscore in “The GERM.” Germ and I win; you lose.

Damax

Smash Lord
don't get so angry just yet HDL he's still a noob and has a lot to understand, he still juge on what he sees rather than what is realy done. he'd probably says aniki suck cause he isn't realy impressive while fighting Ken but still manage to put a good fight, he wouldn't understand that he's fighting on of the best smash player in the world. He also must lack mindgame alot so give him time. he probably didn't even realise that when someone deal a great combo most of the time it could have been avoided by the opponent with a simple DI, (remembers up tilting a falco to death lol). Actualy Germ has just been more show off than you and thats all there is to it nothing more, cause you guys must be pretty 50/50, so lets stop arguing about this alright?

Beside HDL thanks for the tips on AIM, but don't you lick coins. I'll do my best to promote Link in Canada XD lol

Aiser

Smash Lord
In all honesty debating who is better is pretty stupid lol, anyone who's seen both of these guys play know its close match between both of them..>_>

HDL

I like pork chops.
BRoomer
Damax said:
don't get so angry just yet HDL
I didn’t see it as anger. News to me.

He’s just another one of those. They come and go. Nothing to get worked up over. It’s not like their opinions matter or anything. All the funnier when people “know” that their opinions are fact.

twister425

Smash Cadet
lol, so im new to a forum, so that makes me bad at smash right? lol....umm....whether there is an underscore in The Germ or not, i honestly dont think you could beat him....really....i've seen VOD from mlgpro.com, and i've seen him play at MLG tournaments....he's actually good against people that are trying to win and who DI. just because his combo video's are against people on his team, doesnt mean he cant combo people that "try". get your facts straight.....look something up. try and find anywhere from a credible source that says that HDL *****. because i know husband said that GERM is the best link in the US.....but husband is bad right?

Top Bottom