• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Louisville KY s2d tournament a few times a monthly. 08/29/09

DtJ Hilt

Little Lizard
Too bad that none of CC can go. It's probably gonna be super fun. :)
what he's really saying is that it must suck for you all stuck in kentucky while he gets all the good times :D

jk spec haha

It does suck though that you guys arent able to make it though. You havent been able to go anywhere with us in forever lately =(

Harbinger631

Smash Apprentice
I'm back home! Too bad I didn't go to Kahoka, but there was a pretty big catastrophe that happened with a friend and I didn't feel up to going.

Does stuff still go on at S2D, or has the Louisville scene moved elsewhere?

DtJ Hilt

Little Lizard
S2D tournaments are off an on, really. The next one to happen will be on the first weekend of June, so the other two saturdays we're traveling to other tournaments. This saturday we're heading to ohio for a circuit event. If you'd like to tag along, we have the room lol

Harbinger631

Smash Apprentice
I might be able to go Hilt, I say might because I just applied for a job and I don't know when/if I'm going to get it.

However, I would really love just to smash sometime Thursday if you have time. I really need practice against good people, and I remember that you and I were kinda close in ability last time we played. Can I come over to your place sometime for some friendlies?

DtJ Hilt

Little Lizard
No idea what i'll be doing this thursday, to be honest. But having anyone over to my house probably isnt gonna happen =(

I do know that people often meet at oxmoor on thursdays/fridays (friday is more likely for me), and i'd like to get some practice in before the weekend.

Harbinger631

Smash Apprentice
The only problem with Oxmoor is that the TVs there have button lag, and that lag is critical for stuff like buffering chaingrabs, perfect shields, airdodges, etc. I suppose I could bring a small CRT...

Mr. 9

Smash Cadet
people bring component cables so the tv's can run in 480p. The lag is not noticeable with the cables.
With this it should also be noted that the Nintendo brand cables DO NOT (apparently) work on those TVs. Wangston and I have each brought our set of said cables, and no picture would display and nothing could be found to remedy the situation. Therefore, if you have either Gamestop brand or another not-Nintendo brand set of component cables, then bring those.

It should also be noted that I have achieved over 10 billion points in Pokemon Pinball 2...'cause I say it should be. :chuckle:

wangston

Smash Lord
With this it should also be noted that the Nintendo brand cables DO NOT (apparently) work on those TVs. Wangston and I have each brought our set of said cables, and no picture would display and nothing could be found to remedy the situation. Therefore, if you have either Gamestop brand or another not-Nintendo brand set of component cables, then bring those.
Actually my cables worked the first time I brought them and used them on the right tv. I think there is something wrong with the middle tv. So next time we can try my cables on one of the other two tvs and see if they work on them.

Mr. 9

Smash Cadet
That's true. I can't remember if hilt hooked my cables up to one of the other two or not, but I know the middle TV gave us no picture.

Edit for travel stuffs: Hilt, if calic and I are the only one's in his car, paying for gas will be troublesome, so do you think there's any way we could divide the group between the two vehicles?

DtJ Hilt

Little Lizard
Edit for travel stuffs: Hilt, if calic and I are the only one's in his car, paying for gas will be troublesome, so do you think there's any way we could divide the group between the two vehicles?
Already thought that out. It shouldnt be a problem.

Mr. 9

Smash Cadet
Ok, cool. calic and I hung out a little today (he just randomly dropped by lol), and I double (or triple I suppose) checked with him about driving Saturday, and he said it was still ok. And cwby is for sure going, you can trust me on that lol.

CR4SH

Smash Lord
ok I just did a little math on who what where gas money. If the following number of people ride in my car, I'll be asking for the other number of money for gas (so I don't eat a big gas bill alone like I have at times in the past)

6(full)-$10
5-$12
4-$14
3-WTF?

DtJ Hilt

Little Lizard
Yeah i counted out who all we're taking, and it's looking like we have... nine... >.>

reasonable splits would probably either be 5:4 or 6:3 (drivers included). It'd be best so we can split it so that everyone in every car is paying the exact same amount. It'll be about $40 for calic, remembering the conversation we had. It's not as important that everyone pays the driver they're riding with, but moreso that the driver gets paid. Thus, say calic needs one more person worth of gas money, but nobody wants to ride with him (lol) you could just pay him and still ride in the mothership (granted there's room and crash has recieved his share of the gas money. So we'll probably just split it up when we first meet up at oxmoor to save everyone the trouble, before split up fro car groups.

If we did payment as 5:4 everyone could pay $14 or $15 to crash and calic and everything would work out.

Basically what i'm saying is: FIND MORE PEOPLE TO GO SO YOU DONT HAVE TO PAY AS MUCH
>.>

neji32

Smash Lord
what he's really saying is that it must suck for you all stuck in kentucky while he gets all the good times :D

jk spec haha

It does suck though that you guys arent able to make it though. You havent been able to go anywhere with us in forever lately =(
yea i know. thats why im hoping wangston has that tourny next sat

clowsui

Smash Legend
n1ggas just don't know how hard **** talking inc is going to **** at the competition

/imagines getting destroyed in the bracket

...yeah, we're gonna **** =)

Top Bottom