• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Louisville KY s2d tournament a few times a monthly. 08/29/09

Mr. 9

Smash Cadet
Say WHAAAAAAT!? Mr. 9's actually POSTING!? Yes, indeed I am. Because A. I've grown bored of silently looking at the boards while being somewhat present. and B. Because I have an announcement concerning Athens this weekend and other things to get out of the way.

First of all, fun tournament today at S2D. Happy that my placement (5th) can actually show some improvement on my part unlike my performance last week (13th). :) Good games to all I played. Except you Joey.

*looks at main, sighs, moving on* haha, j/k, good games to you too Joey.

Anyway, my announcement concerning Athens is *cue trumpet fanfare* I may have gotten The Arcana a second car. Strangely enough, this car would be calic's >.>. On the way home he asked me about whether or not I was going to Athens, and I of course told him that I'd like to, but someone (hilt) gave away my seat in The Mothership (no hard feelings or anything about that btw). calic said he'd be willing to drive (follow Cr4sh) to Athens so long as he didn't end up paying for more than $10 of gas since that's how much he would pay Cr4sh for gas money, and he'd be giving up his seat that he was already guaranteed in The Mothership to drive me (and whoever else) there.

So yeah, that frees up one seat in The Mothership, and calic's car can fit four people other than calic of course. I'll double check with calic sometime Sunday as to whether or not he's sure he can/wants to do this, and in the meantime go ahead and call your seats that aren't shotgun (<-reserved for this cool guy :D) so we can already have that sorted out if he can drive us (which in retrospect limits the other three people to the backseat anyway, so I guess just call left, middle, or back lol).

Another less likely occurrence is that I may also be able to get us a THIRD car (should we need it), but I'll have to look into that myself and post more on that later because I really don't know anything certain about that right now. Anyway, it's 2:00 a.m., and I'm tired, so goodbye. :) (<- needs sunglasses...)

jbeeber95

Smash Apprentice
Good games 9 :D. Also, good luck to the traveling group on the 23rd =D. Drive safely :D.

Good games Cr4sh as well :D. Hope you get that diddy v meta matchup down :D.

Good games to everyone else i played too :p

Xisin

Smash Ace
NNID
Xisin14
keep in mind last time even with kel os, dr x and sliq we took you down to your very last stock haha

Xisin

Smash Ace
NNID
Xisin14
3 post within a few minutes :) good enough response for me.

Cinci goes down this coming weekend, look for it.
and as far as i recall louisville hasnt beaten cinci yet.

DtJ Hilt

Little Lizard
9, that's awesome! Cant believe i didnt think about asking calic to drive >.>

Also, congrats on your 5th place :D I'll be expecting more good things from your DDD/GW.
But for the record, your seat wasnt given up :x You didnt technically have the seat to begin with lol...

but yeah, if calic is able to drive, I may end up seeing if a few others want to go. Tell calic that he'll be able to charge gas money from some of the people going with him lol.

The sooner you can get confirmation on whether or not he can be a driver, the better.

clowsui

Smash Legend
HILT!!!

I DEMAND that we play more than just some 2-3 garbage friendlies on PICTOCHAT.

I will money match you if I have $$$...count on it

DtJ Hilt

Little Lizard
Sounds good clowsui :D
I'll make sure we get enough friendlies in saturday.
Also, a mm would work as well ;D I'd like to play you when you're serious, to see how much better you've gotten.

Okay Louisville, planning time:

Tournament starts at 12:00, and registration starts at 10:30, so getting there at about 11:00 would give us plenty of time to get there (considering we may get lost/get there early). It's a four hour drive, so we're leaving early again. 7:00. So be there around 6:30 - 6:45 if possible.

As for the 30th, and what we'll do then, we have two options. And one's looking a lot more appealing, distance-wise. The less likely one for us to do is going to S.L.O.T.H. in Indiana (3 hour drive). The main reason I would choose this over a separate tournament at Wangston's is only becuase of the people there (count, xero, etc).

Wangston, if you're wanting to hold a tournament at your house, that would work out. But dont think attendance is going to decrease too much. I may be able to talk OS/God Kais into showing up, since the other tournaments that weekend are three and four hours away from them. You would definitely have enough time for pools in a six hour time frame, but dont expect to be able to fit in doubles >.>

clowsui

Smash Legend
Overswarm will drive any amount of hours so long as there's a proportionate amount of money -___-

Hilt if you record it I will play you for sure in an MM, if not then I won't "for sure" (i.e. depends on my $$$)

jbeeber95

Smash Apprentice
Do it hilt, i wanna see how he does aginst you =D plus i can laugh at how much of a scrub he is :D (haha jk, but i need to see how good he does aginst you hilt x.X to see if i should be scared or not :p)

clowsui

Smash Legend
Hilt will tell you I'm not that bad of a player, I just start getting predictable and get annoyed at myself really quickly so I play worse as a result...I think I'll lose 2-1 to Hilt because of this but I also think I'm going to play pretty well on that day so who knows...I haven't played Hilt for real in ages

DtJ Hilt

Little Lizard
Yeah, as long as rowan brings his recording equipment, i'll be making sure to record as much as possible of the matches our crew has.

Doctor X

Smash Lord
I just start getting predictable and get annoyed at myself really quickly so I play worse as a result...
I know how that is. >.<

Seriously though the last time I played you, you had improved a lot. You took a match off me in that round robin, didn't you?

That was months ago, though. I'm sure you'd probably beat me now.

Edit: Marth is dumb. :p

Exceladon City

Smash Hero
You don't get CG'ed by him. Stupid fall speed...

EDIT: I got 7th in the tournament! WOOT I'm on the come up. Even though I got 2 byes I still managed to beat my other competition with the exception of Mr. 9. I got gayed by Rainbow Cruise. Ironic isn't it?

Mr. 9

Smash Cadet
I got gayed by Rainbow Cruise. Ironic isn't it?
I'm pretty sure the skies and platforms/carpets of Rainbow Cruise are located riiiiiight above San Francisco. Which granted doesn't really explain why you explode when you die off the bottom. I'm gonna have to skydive over San Francisco one day and see if I explode when I hit the ground. Wait, Hilt's the researcher, let him do that. :cool: (<-found the sunglasses ;D)

@ Oreo: We both need to keep up the good stuff man. We'll both get there eventually, even if it takes us the span of the game's life (which was the case with me in Melee >_>). Also, please read my post on the previous page about a possible second car if you haven't already, get money (to quote Pie), and call a seat. :D

Edit: I can now CONFIRM that calic WILL drive Saturday behind Cr4sh. So call yo
seats that still aren't shotgun. (;D)

Edit edit: Calic's charging $10 for gas money.

wangston

Smash Lord
Bad news bears guys. I can't go to ohio this week. The other usher at work already requested off the whole week so there is no way I'm getting off.

As far as me hosting a tournament it's fine if cincy comes down and xisin and beep. I just want a another place to have another tournament when s2d isn't hosting one and also make it a $10 fee so there is more prize money and it will be taken more seriously. Also because I not getting off this week I'm sure I could get off that week so we could have the whole day for smash.

That is fine if people have other plans to go to other tournament I'm just offering my place because it's closer and I would really like to play with Cincy and other more often. Just give me feed back and let me know what you guys would like to do, this includes all of ky and cincy because I would like all the serious players with serious skills to go.

DtJ Hilt

Little Lizard
=(
that sucks wangston. You'll have to make sure you can go to the circuit championship when it rolls around.

We'll only be using one vehicle as of now. That also mean that open seats no longer exist.

Crash - Drivin
Hilt - Shotgun
Tactical - Bucket
Calic - Cobeep
Mr. 9 - Back Right
Rowan - back sumthin
Pie - other back sumthin

Count

Smash Champion
I'm sad if you guys aren't going to sloth :(.

@wangston..if you do hold tourneys like that, that also have doubles, I will likely go because the only reason I don't go to SD2 consistently is that it is 6 hours of driving for 5 hours of play and even if I were to get first (definitely not saying i would in any way) the money from that would hardly cover any of the costs...and all that just for a small local tourney. As much as I <3 Louisville

wangston

Smash Lord
I don't have to host a tourney the 30th it's all good. I'm just saying I could host a tournament on an available week when there is no s2d tournament.

DtJ Hilt

Little Lizard
I'm not sure how much crash is going to be willing to drive all the way up to terre haute anyways @_@

I hope he will, becuase i'd wanna get the chance to hang out with what few indiana people i know :x

Mr. 9

Smash Cadet
We'll only be using one vehicle as of now. That also mean that open seats no longer exist.
Uh...yeeeeeeah, we may not be quite done with this traveling business yet (a process which I believe with this post now reaches "rigamarole" status).

I completely forgot about my amigo from IUS (cwby) that wanted to go (hilt, you are now forgiven/understood for forgetting about me lol). As you said though, as it stands now, The Mothership is full, and to take someone else, we would need calic to drive.

Here's-a my proposal:

I'll give up my Mothership seat to cwby (since A. He's wanted to travel in The Mothership for a while now and B. The alternative is him riding with calic. Alone. For THREE HOURS.), and I'll ride with calic (Alone. For THREE HOURS.).

So yeah, so long as that's cool with all parties involved, this once again opens up the three seats in calic's car and one more in The Mothership. Sorry to cause even more confusion, but I really want cwby to go since I see potential in him and I really think he could greatly improve by competing at Athens in The Olympics Competition.

DtJ Hilt

Little Lizard
yeah, that way oreo is still able to go if he's able to get money. Sounds good to me. Maybe we can even be able to get (a lot) more people to go as well, so we dont end up paying like $15 gas to crash @_@

Things will probably end up shifting back and forth until it gets closer to the traveling date. We'll see how it turns out.

neji32

Smash Lord
yeah, that way oreo is still able to go if he's able to get money. Sounds good to me. Maybe we can even be able to get (a lot) more people to go as well, so we dont end up paying like $15 gas to crash @_@

Things will probably end up shifting back and forth until it gets closer to the traveling date. We'll see how it turns out.
This tourny is this saturday?

Mr. 9

Smash Cadet
This tourny is this saturday?
lol, omg Spec, this -> http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=231335

That should be EEEEEEEVERYTHING you need to know about the tournament (and yes, it's this Saturday). If you'd like to/are able to go, calic will likely be driving behind Cr4sh, so that leaves us with four seats still open (one in The Mothership, three in calic's).

Also for your future reference, there is no S2D tourney for two weeks, and the next MWC after this one is, I presume, in about a month after this one. On the 30th, there are several tournaments going on around the area (as stated a couple of pages back) such as S.L.O.T.H. in Terre Haute, IN, a Test Your Might, and a Clash of Brokenness. I believe that's all of them that AvaricePanda mentioned a couple of pages back. Oh, and Wangston might be holding one on the 30th as well.

That should basically summarize the last couple of pages of discussion for Spec and anyone else who's not up to date. While I don't mind doing this for you Spec, I can't help but think that there's something you could look at to get this information (there're subtle hints scattered throughout this post ;D). lol, for real though, I don't mind you asking, but usually what we discuss regarding our plans can be found two, MAYBE three pages back. Maybe check for yourself before asking. Hopefully you can go Saturday. <3 Spec (no homo).

DtJ Hilt

Little Lizard
Thank you, 9 :D

Spec, if you're able to go this saturday, that'd be great. We have plenty of room for you, and the rest of CC if they're wanting to go as well. You just have to let us know.

neji32

Smash Lord
lol, omg Spec, this -> http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=231335

That should be EEEEEEEVERYTHING you need to know about the tournament (and yes, it's this Saturday). If you'd like to/are able to go, calic will likely be driving behind Cr4sh, so that leaves us with four seats still open (one in The Mothership, three in calic's).

Also for your future reference, there is no S2D tourney for two weeks, and the next MWC after this one is, I presume, in about a month after this one. On the 30th, there are several tournaments going on around the area (as stated a couple of pages back) such as S.L.O.T.H. in Terre Haute, IN, a Test Your Might, and a Clash of Brokenness. I believe that's all of them that AvaricePanda mentioned a couple of pages back. Oh, and Wangston might be holding one on the 30th as well.

That should basically summarize the last couple of pages of discussion for Spec and anyone else who's not up to date. While I don't mind doing this for you Spec, I can't help but think that there's something you could look at to get this information (there're subtle hints scattered throughout this post ;D). lol, for real though, I don't mind you asking, but usually what we discuss regarding our plans can be found two, MAYBE three pages back. Maybe check for yourself before asking. Hopefully you can go Saturday. <3 Spec (no homo).
TY VM 9
But its hard navigating through swf when every page takes about 7 min to load and i only get about 20 min on the computer.
Thank you, 9 :D

Spec, if you're able to go this saturday, that'd be great. We have plenty of room for you, and the rest of CC if they're wanting to go as well. You just have to let us know.
CJ....think he has sat school...who knows....Lite.....He will be grounded from tournies for a while....as for me.....I will be busy(i think) and im broke =/

Y.b.M.

Smash Master
I'm sorry i had to put you all on Punishment...But that's what ya'll get for not doing ya'll homework...Next time Listen Boy!

Top Bottom