• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Louisville KY s2d tournament a few times a monthly. 08/29/09

Overswarm

is laughing at you
I might go to this with my girlfriend. I want to sit down and give you some training Hilt, I really liked your Dedede but your Olimar has stagnated!

Count

Smash Champion
Hilt turn tap jump off and angle your shield up vs meta knight.

You're too good to be beaten by the b button, it really pains me to see you lose solely to tornado :(.

Count

Smash Champion
Works for me but diddy's shield is amazing! I just noticed that Hilt doesn't really angle his shield up, you have to admit that angling it up would at least help :p

Dooms

KY/KP Joey
NNID
Doomsyplusle
3DS FC
2921-9568-4629
dear god. there goes my free money :'(. Yay good mk may go to s2d. sounds exciting.

@Count: if that was talking about me: I dont use ONLY tornado, i use downsmash too. your so silly <3.
If that was not talking about me: lol at tornado only metaknight.

@Overswarm: The turnout usually depends on the amount of scrubs that show up to give their money away. Adding Level 9 snake, you, god kais, rowan, hilt, and the usuals (i dont think anyone has canceled yet), there would be about... id say 15-20, mabey more. i would go on and say around 20, but last s2d, only one scrub showed up. the rest were people that have been there more then once/twice.

Dooms

KY/KP Joey
NNID
Doomsyplusle
3DS FC
2921-9568-4629
Lol get ***** hilt. I'm sorry, since olimar has a bad matchup aginst mk, but please stop losing to metaknight :'(

DtJ Hilt

Little Lizard
I wasn't talking about you at all. Hilt got tornadoed all over last weekend at OUGA
by whom, kel? zoze? No idea what you're talking about O_o

When I shield an entire tornado, and the MK pulls away as far as possible, what do I have to punish him with? Oli and his attacks are way to slow to get to mk before he can dtilt me away. Also, I played two meta knights saturday, Kel and Zozefup. Kel usually beats normally (and yes, he tornados a lot, haha), and I went 1-1 against zozefup in money matches. Oh, and Z in the crew battle but that probably doesn't count.

I might go to this with my girlfriend. I want to sit down and give you some training Hilt, I really liked your Dedede but your Olimar has stagnated!

<3
That would definitely be amazing.
But please please come the next saturday instead ^^;
I'm going to be on an extremely short time schedule this weekend and won't be able to stay late at all, and the tournament may be somewhat rushed. The next weekend I'll have as long as I want, and I may be able to get josh to up the entry fee to $10 to make the tournament worth your while, haha.

Xisin

Smash Ace
NNID
Xisin14
I'll see if i can convince eric. Also Os, tilting your shiled up against mk helps a little but it can still poke, nontheless it helps, also count you dont need to turn tap jump off you just need to have the ability to lightly press up in a pressured situation, it comes with playing with tap jump on and tilting shields for a while now, and i have it since i play marth.

Hilt you need to react quickly to mks nado, best bet imo? pivot grab him out of it. also freaking pummel out of your grabs i've been watching you and you did it more than once, you lost atleast 2 kos due to not pummeling! Z being the best example where you tossed him at 120 something he lived but just barely but you didnt bother to pummel him.

Count

Smash Champion
Hilt I wasn't saying you don't know what you're doing against mk or anything like that (sorry if it looked like that)..I was mainly just expressing my displeasure about the fact that your olimar is amazing but its extremely difficult to beat MK with oli.

wangston

Smash Lord
People from cincy, morehead, and louisville would you guys be up for a smashfest friday night at my place? Tourney's are fun and all but smashfests are were the real magic happens, so much more time to just play and relax.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
Hilt, I don't think there's a tournament next weekend either, so I could go to this twice. :D

DtJ Hilt

Little Lizard
If you really wanna come down here for like $30 by all means do so :laugh:

It'd be cool to have you though. Sucks I won't be able to stay too late this weekend though :/
I'll be there early though, like 11:00

Overswarm

is laughing at you
I might try to convince my lil bro to go. It'd give him some more tournament experience, gas would be cheap, that kinda thing. The money would just be to cover my trip.

You forget, I originally came down to these things to try to see which of you guys would be good so I could watch you guys and get you more involved in outside tournaments. ;)

Exceladon City

Smash Hero
I might try to convince my lil bro to go. It'd give him some more tournament experience, gas would be cheap, that kinda thing. The money would just be to cover my trip.

You forget, I originally came down to these things to try to see which of you guys would be good so I could watch you guys and get you more involved in outside tournaments. ;)
Yo OS, while you're giving Hilt some training throw some my way. I know you'll facepalm yourself considering I'm maining Sonic but I'm sure some OS Logic is always good no matter what character I play. BTW I secondary Dedede now so maybe I'm taking a step in the right direction. No I will not main a better character...

Dooms

KY/KP Joey
NNID
Doomsyplusle
3DS FC
2921-9568-4629
omg OS train me too O: lol. Hilt, do you need someone to run it if it goes too late? i can take my labtop and copy the bracket and stuff.

Dooms

KY/KP Joey
NNID
Doomsyplusle
3DS FC
2921-9568-4629
Ok guys, I got hilt to let me put textures on a TV in the tournament. Each person can as many textures as they want, UNLESS SOMEONE ELSE USES (as in uses almost all the time) THAT COLOR. For example, Jkip gets first dibs on regular sonic. Tell me the following things and ill make sure your texture is in.

The website the texture is on
The name of the texture
What color of your character do you want replaced.

Here is a list of taken colors of characters:

Metaknight:
Pink - Zeni (Max)

Pokemon Trainer:
White - Zeni (Zombie Trainer)

Jigglypuff:
Regular - Zeni (Pretty Bomber)

Sonic:
Green- Excel (Green)
Red- Excel (Red)

Fox:
Excel *COLOR NOT SPECIFIED, if not by friday, will be on a random color* (Tails)

Olimar:
Red- Hilt (Yellow Boots)
Green- Hilt (Tingle)

King Dedede:
Reg- Hilt (Black and Red)
Red- Hilt (Fire)
Blue- Hilt (Kamek)
Brown- Hilt (Tux)

Luigi:
Red- Cr4sh (Mario)
Blue- Cr4sh (Smash Fortress Blue Soilder)

Falco:
Blue- Wangston(His Falco lol)

I will edit this as more people say what textures they want.

wangston

Smash Lord
Falco:
Blue - wangston(wangston falco lol idk what to call it)

http://www.zshare.net/download/617726106e61c41a

josh got kind of pissy last time we had hacks on. Just make sure you don't have any bad textures and that all things that need a pac file get it. I had bad wario ones and it froze the wii. Josh wasn't to happy about it even though it doesn't damage the wii.

Mister Eric

Twitch.tv/MisterbeepEric Twitter: @MisterbeepEric
NNID
MisterEric
3DS FC
1075-1236-8207
Beep it up and go.
Decide within a few hrs and get back to me... im see-sawing myself on going...

Dooms

KY/KP Joey
NNID
Doomsyplusle
3DS FC
2921-9568-4629
Tell cincy to come on the 22nd. I think me or hilt can get the 22nd bumped up to 10$. Would be pretteh big. :)

clowsui

Smash Legend
please don't get them to come on the 22nd...i wanna smash with them on that weekend and everybody's going to be dead tired on sunday and unwilling to brawl @ ss' : /

DtJ Hilt

Little Lizard
remember 20% of the pot gets taken out by the store owner >.>

Twenty person tournaments usually only give like 30 to first.

Cincy/Morehead should definitely come on the 22nd though. I'll talk to josh about upping the entry fee, he shouldn't have a problem.

Top Bottom