• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Lucario is PAW-SOME! MWC East Event #1, 3/7/09

QUIVO

Smash Master
Squandered in singles, and did surprisingly well in doubles.

Good **** everyone! Hopefully I can make it to more circuit events. Everyone was cool and good!!

KishPrime

King of the Ship of Fools
BRoomer
KishPrime/KishSquared - Nice to see both of you show up. I was expecting Tim but Jeff, you were totally unexpected. GG's with Bowser, we need to play online more often. Tim... PLAY BRAWL!!
lawl no. I have made my decision.

Thanks to all for letting me squat. It is unbelievable how much I enjoyed the day, I honestly didn't even think I missed Melee that much. I actually came in wanting to play at least some Brawl, but as soon as I started on Melee I couldn't do it.

Shrug. Now it's Street Fighter for me, and a little Melee in the back pocket when I can.

I don't know when the next time will be for me at a tournament. I'm pretty much finished. Winona Lake's not too bad of a drive, if it happens again.

Thanks again for running everything!

Blood_Hawk

Smash Lord
Thanks all for coming, was a blast. I'd like to thank everyone for clearing out of the cabins before noon. I went in there at 11:00 and everything was gone, amazing. Was great playing you all. Hope you come down when I have my last one there. I dunno what happened to me this tourney, but it won't happen again. On the bright side, I have sexy eyes.

~Without further ado- Shoutouts.~

Ally- Congrats on 1st. Was nice to meet you and play ya. I wanted to get some friendlies with you, but TO/play matches johns. I'll settle for that MM for now. You are very entertaining to watch. I hope you go to Genesis so I get the chance to play you again. Was a pleasure having you.

No!- I do have a sexy voice when I get on the mic. XD Was cool talking with ya. I'm positive I'll see you around. I know you do art too, if you are part of an art site anywhere, we should friend each other.

Lain- Asian Sensation. Dayam dude. I really gotta step my game up if I ever plan on competing with you again. Next time should be different. Congrats on 2nd. You've gotten so good so fast.

AlphaZealot- I was really rooting for you this tourney. Wanted to see a Diddy place up there. You have improved drastically too it seems. Great job this tourney.

Needle of Juntah- Joel, your matches with OS were insane. 9 on AZ was also just crazy. I'm sure I'll see you around in the future, hit me up for teams one of these times.

Overswarm- We finally got to play. GGs this time, next tourney I'd like to play you more if you wouldn't mind. It was unfortunate we had to meet so early, and the fact one of us was going to be out of the tournament was even worse. I hope that never happens again.... :(

Kel- You came out of nowhere this tourney. Way to place 5th on your last tourney in the US. 5 is definately Kel's number. I was very happy to see you one last time, Good luck in Japan.

Bowyer- Gotta get those suicides in check man, if you do that I see you placing better. Good seeing you again.

Omniswell- Omni, glad to see you were sticking with the Wolf. Rep wolf till Brawl is no more. I'll have to play you next time.

SamuraiPanda- Good job my friend, you did a hell of a lot better than I did. BTW, I totally miss BloodPanda.... :( See ya in Chicago.

Rofa- Interview was too good. Always glad to see you around. Keep coming to these. Talking with you in a pretty awesome experience.

Toph- GGs taking me into losers bro. I underestimated you and just kept running into stupid things. Joel never ever kills me with u-smashes, I swear...... You deserved the win. Next time though, I won't take you lightly at all.

Y.b.M.- Pretty **** good Kirby. This is the first time I think I've ever played you. Definitely live up to what people say though. I'm sure I'll see you around.

ook- Friendlies was too good. Amazing job in crews too. You are such an amazing DK. Hope to see you at other events. Ook is hype!!!!!!

Kirk- GGs in teams and awesome job in crews. Clutch matches all the way. Kirk is too good. I'll definately get more friendlies with you too. You are amazingly fun to play in friendlies.

Quivo- You have improved a heck of a lot since last time. TL is looking nice. GGs in the money match. I hope to play you more.

Infern Angelis/Smash64- Always great seeing you guys, come to more! 64 was too fun. Too bad it was kinda short lived. I'll bring a 64 to the next circuit event.

Dope- Was great seeing you. I'm sure I'll see you at either Melee and or Brawl events. Whichever. Amazing friendlies and good clux in teams.

Nope- Wow, seems I wasn't the only one who placed well below what I should have. Was a good money match too. I'm positive I'll see you at the next one. I'll have to get some friendlies with you.

Epic- Always great seeing ya. Your MK has gotten tons better. Keep playing and improving, not much else you can do. Hope to see you at more events.

Champ- Your Falco was pretty good all things said. Japes was too close. GGs.

MachinegunNorm- Wow, what happened to you? :(

Joshu- No more D3? Good stuff in teams. Hope you don't give up on singles.....

ShadowBot/Fonz- Lucario dittos, lolz. I was glad I play you guys in em, but I hate them so much. GGs. Wacky dog monster FTW.

Oreo (Excel)- GGs dude. Nice Fox. You are such a nice upbeat dude, don't change. Hope to see you at other events.

Trevor- Glad to see you came out. Always cool hanging out with you. I haven't seen you lately since you have been so busy.

Special Shoutouts

Blood Hawk- WTF happened to you this tourney? You let yourself get bracket screwed. No more alright? It was about time I guess. You have to step your game up.

Asdioh- Good stuff dude. You went two and out too though. I feel for ya. We should have never been in that position. Hey though, we'll just have to carpool to Chicago and show em what we're made of. Keep me posted and we'll make plans early.

Vayseth- <333333333 Alex is the man! Thanks for the Itachi. We have to hang out as much as we can before you go to Japan. I'll take a trip up there sometime and come to a Michigan gig one weekend. It's always the peak of my tourney talking to you. We'll definately have to play next event. I look forward to seeing you again.

TheBlueBlade- Another successfully run tournament. I'll be sure to enlist your help next time we have one. GGs when we played. I'll find some time to come play some smash with you.

People who screwed up the kitchen- You guys suck soooo much. I don't mind you guys who used the fridge but come on. Next time people are just going to have to stay totally out of it.

Everyone who helped clean up - Thank you so much. Wouldn't have gotten out of there at the time we did without the help setting stuff up.

People who watched everyone clean up- Thanks....... -______-

Jeff/Tim- Awesomely awesome seeing you guys again. I'll see Tim around I'm sure. Was too good hanging out with you guys and I appreciate you stopping by. I should be hosting another one in the future.

Exceladon City

Smash Hero
lawl no. I have made my decision.

Thanks to all for letting me squat. It is unbelievable how much I enjoyed the day, I honestly didn't even think I missed Melee that much. I actually came in wanting to play at least some Brawl, but as soon as I started on Melee I couldn't do it.

Shrug. Now it's Street Fighter for me, and a little Melee in the back pocket when I can.

I don't know when the next time will be for me at a tournament. I'm pretty much finished. Winona Lake's not too bad of a drive, if it happens again.

Thanks again for running everything!

Yo Prime, I'll MM you in SF if it's on the PS3. Xbox controller johns.

Sanu

Smash Champion
This tournament was run by furries for furries.

CrazyFoxBrawler

Smash Cadet
BH, I totally agree about the kitchens and the people watching. That really is an extra special shoutout. Great tournament!

DtJ XeroXen

The biggest fraud
NNID
XeroXen
T7 - Omniswell - Good ICs in pools, but did you really have to counterpick D3? :)

T9 - Renegade - O_O??? You must own so much, because you fight for your friends.

T13 - Toph - Good G&W, I coulda taken you... had I not failed.

T17 - Hilt - PIKMINPWN!!! I liked your Olimar, thanks for giving Mellow some pointers, you're making the world less scrubby, one day at a time.

T17 - Mr. E - You would've won if the tourney was on Friday, you were two stocking everybody.

T17 - Infern Angelis - Good MM, thanks for relieving me of my dollar. (Jab-jab-jab-jab)

T17 - Smash64 - OHGAWD NADES! Nice games in pools.

T25 - Asdioh - WHERE WUZ UR KIRBEH? Seriously, never got to play it.

T33 - Mellow - You suck.

T33 - Cr4sh - SHORYUKEN!? I'm totally buying a Mario hat, bdw. (Maybe a mustache, too)

T33 - XeroXen - You were the worst player there, get over yourself and pick a high tier!!!

T33 - Ducky - SOB, you at all my food!

T33 - MachinegunNorm - Good MM, thanks for jacking my dollah.

T41 - Vayseth - I was tempted to buy your Goomba... but I forgot to actually buy it.

T41 - Oreo (Excel) - C-C-C-C-COMBO GIMPER!

T41 - Fonz - Why didn't you use Ganonpwn in your pools match with me?

49 - Trevor - Weren't you that pika?

------------------------------------------------------------

Wait... WAIT. How did Mellow get T33, he didn't even win a set. Or a match!!! He won absolutely nothing!?!?!?

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
guys since I'm super busy during the week the videos won't be up until maybe saturday morning. I'll try for better though.

just PM me a few songs (from youtube)that are about 5-7 min long and I'll try to add that to a video(unless you guys want vids with no sound, I can have them up about thursday). we need a lot of 7min thanks to ally and lain
Just upload them without sound, and use Youtube's (crappy) audioswap if you really care that much XD

What program do you use to cut videos and add songs to them?

Agreed. I don't care about sound, in fact, music is iffy for youtube because they have some program that prescreens everything now for copyright infringement. I'd hate for you to go through all that work and then have the file delisted because of stupid stuff like that.
This too X_X

I'm offended that I'm not getting any shoutouts.
Jigglypuff

Anther: way to not show up you jerk

MM next time I see you, I'm winning. >:E

AlphaZealot

Former Smashboards Owner
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
Results 1 - 10 of about 347,000 for ssbm sucks. (0.23 seconds)
Results 1 - 10 of about 297,000 for ssbb sucks. (0.16 seconds)

347,000 > 297,000?

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
Apparently Google Fight is removing any entries that show up as a result in both searches.

Teebs

Smash Champion
NNID
Teebs-kun
Oh, one shoutout I missed:

Y.b.M. / Overswarm* - You guys snore like an angry grizzly bear. I was forced to sleep in the back of my car for the rest of the night. Thank you.

* corrected

Y.b.M.

Smash Master
Oh, one shoutout I missed:

Y.b.M. / Overswarm* - You guys snore like an angry grizzly bear. I was forced to sleep in the back of my car for the rest of the night. Thank you.

* corrected
Hahaha I'm so so Sorry man...I didn't realized I snored Like that since I slept on and Off...I was Wondering where you went to. Oh and Btw I forgot to give a shout out to you........So, thanks for running the Tournament and organizing it and things of that Nature...And anyone else I forgot to mention...You all did a good Job...

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
quick question guys, was the set of Grandfinals 3-1 and then 3-2 or vice versa because I have 8 named games and 1 unnamed so I don't know where it goes. it might even be from winners...

baically, did lain ever play on smashville in GFs? I'm missing one he won

fonzi21

Smash Ace
Shoutouts:

Ally: Awesome win, thanks for the MM. Your Snake is a monster.

AZ: Good stuff on third place.

Quivo: your still awesome =D

Xero:

T41 - Fonz - Why didn't you use Ganonpwn in your pools match with me?

dunno, I think I was afraid of the cape =(((((

Lain: Awesome job man, amazing IC's and thanks for the MM.

Omni: Nice wolf. I wanted to play some ditto's with you, but I never got the chance. Nice IC's btw I enjoyed fighting them.

Renegade: You kicked my *** lol.

Smash64: Good roll back on me, I thought I had you after that Fair to Dair combo.

Infern: You guys won't be so lucky in doubles next time!

Cr4ash: Don't give up on Luigi. We will do better next tourney!

Rowan: awesome peach thanks for the MM

Bloodhawk: Your Lucario inspires me. Awesome MM was close fight. Not sure what happened on Frigate, but that pillar was weird LOL.

Ripple: Thanks for the MM, and from now on I'm banning DK's mansion on you!

OOK: Nice DK man, I almost had you with Wolf, but that reverse Super punch is to freakin good.

Rest of Louisville: Its always fun to hang with you guys.

Kel: Good luck in Japan.

Toph: I will find a way to beat G&W with Ganon.

Anyone I missed sorry.

Awesome tournament I had a lot of fun hopefully I will do better next time.

Kel

Smash Master
I have the Ally vs OS 5$ MM up on my youtube. I'll have my other matches up soon. I'd make a video thread but I figured Ripple would do that. I'll post my links when that's made.

youtube.com/papayasown for this tournament and back

youtube.com/kelinjapan for any vids I take in Japan, including smash vids (when I meet people/ find tournaments)

Overswarm

is laughing at you
I wish we got the good MM at the end of me vs. Ally, I really had to switch stuff up against him... I want him to come back! He's toooooo good!

Kel

Smash Master
^yeah, it's pretty much best to roll toward the grenade instead of Snake's drop kicks.

He's inspired me to play Snake a bit. I'll try his tricks out in Japan haha. Those poor, poor Mks won't know what's happening...

Overswarm

is laughing at you
I dunno... my first matches against Ally are on Kel's youtube, but by the end I was doing decent against him. Ally is a really high level player, one of the "special" ones that "get it", but I think there were a lot of people in the MW that were able to do well against him with how little we had been exposed to his style.

Snake still seems meh to me, just Ally is good

Exceladon City

Smash Hero
I learned that all Snakes will tech-chase the **** out of you. Dthrow > Tech Chase (Rinse and Repeat). But I'm glad I got to face so many Snake players...except Ally. I'll get roflstomped by him next time I see him.

AlphaZealot

Former Smashboards Owner
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
I didn't get tech chased much. Its just that almost every one of Diddy's moves is out prioritized by Snakes **** tilts/jabs, so sometimes he read me like a book and got me over and over with that stuff.

Top Bottom