• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Lucario is Paw-some! - MWC: East Event #1- March 6-7th, Winona Lake, IN

Status
Not open for further replies.

HiddenBowser

Smash Master
lol, I guess I did... but that was when everyone in MI was boycotting... I'm not exactly boycotting it anymore... and I haven't been since everyone got scared and bailed... and I'm definitely not boycotting it because I hate OS... but I'm not saying that I'm going... cause I'm not...

DtJ Hilt

Little Lizard
so you're not 'boycotting' because it wont matter anymore seeing as anther, panda, lain, and... everyone else from michigan besides you will be there and nobody would really care?

AlphaZealot

Former Smashboards Owner
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
hmm...Kirk, you tempt me. I have much to consider. Like should I team with someone I can team with at every event? Will you be going to every event?

On the plus side I give a **** ton of damage and you can kill at like 90%.

On the negative side Ike's trip animation is hella long and could be a large detriment...unless we mesh well.

Kirk

Smash Champion
*looks at list of events*

Hmmm...Ohio is definitely the furthest trip for me, but its not far enough for me to not consider it...I'd definitely love to go to all of the circuit events, the only thing that would hold me back is if there is another circuit event on the same weekend(i.e. Dark Kakashi's circuit in Chicago) and if I can arrange travel and housing stuff for each weekend. Work is never an issue...I just have to make the drive and hopefully get housing for the longer trips.

Compatibility wise, it's a shame we've only been to the same tournament once...and we only really played each other in doubles. It'd be nice to play more and see how well we can do together.

His tripping animation is on the long side, but it's not terrible in the grand scheme of things. I hope you wouldn't be throwing those nanerz at me intentionally! xD It also makes the infamous tripping into Fsmash much more enjoyable. :p

Oh, and Ike can do this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GafEOWOxUw4 ...it's just silly. :laugh:

If you're up for it, I'm up for it.

Kirk

Smash Champion
kirk get ren to come and you guys can **** in dubs
Hehe...I tried last time for the MWCC. Things just didn't work out. I probably wouldn't need to convince him anymore, since he's probably already interested in going. I think there's some family stuff in the way of him going.

DrakeRowan

Just call me "Rowan"
3DS FC
3668-9905-1901
I might end up doing teams this time (I was bored out of my wits since I decided not to at MWC =(.) IF I do I'll be needing a good killing partner.

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
$$$

10you'llgetnosympathyfromme's
???

s

I need a teammate. Preferably something that can KO or MK.
Kirby can KO!

And he's similar to MK!
Ike needs a teammate, too. :)
Kirby makes a great teammate for Ike!
IF I do I'll be needing a good killing partner.
Kirby can kill, too, for a price.

I'll let you guys fight over me.

If any of you question my skill as a teammate, I'll gladly moneymatch you, or do doubles friendlies for practice or something.

I won't moneymatch AZ though.

omfg.

AlphaZealot

Former Smashboards Owner
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
I did teams friendlies with Azen/M2K/Neo back in December. One of like 4 matches in an hour that Azen and I won was Diddy/Ike against Neo's Marth/M2K's MK. (we also won like double Diddy, and I think Lucario Diddy and one other but Azen plays to many characters to remember).

Kirk, let me think about it for a few more days, right now I'm leaning yes but I'm a bit worried. Me/Quivo aren't really gonna team much more because Diddy/Toon Link has to many weaknesses as a team and I am worried it may be the same for Diddy/Ike.

Kirk

Smash Champion
I did teams friendlies with Azen/M2K/Neo back in December. One of like 4 matches in an hour that Azen and I won was Diddy/Ike against Neo's Marth/M2K's MK. (we also won like double Diddy, and I think Lucario Diddy and one other but Azen plays to many characters to remember).

Kirk, let me think about it for a few more days, right now I'm leaning yes but I'm a bit worried. Me/Quivo aren't really gonna team much more because Diddy/Toon Link has to many weaknesses as a team and I am worried it may be the same for Diddy/Ike.
Sure thing. Also, if it helps, I play other characters besides Ike(Snake, starting to learn Kirby, etc.). Though I'm most experienced with Ike, naturally.

As for whether things will work out, there really is only one way to find out if we/our characters work well together. :)

EDIT:

Also, Blood Hawk, you can confirm my attendance and put me down for a full setup(Brawl, Wii, and TV). No word yet if any other Chicagoians(lol?) will be coming. I'll see if I can find out...

Asdioh

Not Asidoh

sigh.

How about you, Rowan? Kirby/Peach sounds good to me.

ithrowthings

Smash Lord
NNID
ithrowthings
AlphaZealot, we should try some friendlies doubles if I go. I wanna see how Diddy/Sonic do on a team due to my ability to just go right over the banana peels. I've noticed I've teamed well at other tournies with characters that have a couple quick finishers.

DrakeRowan

Just call me "Rowan"
3DS FC
3668-9905-1901

sigh.

How about you, Rowan? Kirby/Peach sounds good to me.
Maybe. Kirbys Fsmash is generally his best kill move. There's not really anything else as reliable (*sides bair but that move gets stale fast.) Ill think about it.

Raid

Smash Cadet
I might go, depends on if I can get a ride with Kirk... (wink, wink) or if I somehow come across some money of my own.

Kirk

Smash Champion
(wink, wink)
(nudge, nudge)

There was gonna be a carpool anyway methinks. We just have to figure out who wants to go and such. So far its...

Me.

>.>

I'm guessing you're in for it too. :)

Looks like we need to get a Chicago car going...which I'll be driving...as always. >.<

Room for 3 more! And if more want to go, I'm sure someone else has a car...

So yeah, AIM/PM me(the people in the Chicago area who have some interest in attending) so we can talk and get plans straight.

MachinegunNorm

Smash Lord
(nudge, nudge)

There was gonna be a carpool anyway methinks. We just have to figure out who wants to go and such. So far its...

Me.

>.>

I'm guessing you're in for it too. :)

Looks like we need to get a Chicago car going...which I'll be driving...as always. >.<

Room for 3 more! And if more want to go, I'm sure someone else has a car...

So yeah, AIM/PM me(the people in the Chicago area who have some interest in attending) so we can talk and get plans straight.
i'll be here, even if its just on Saturday.
um kirk i said this on the second page. I already know i'm going even if i have to drive myself. Plus i think scythe would go if raid is going.

Kirk

Smash Champion
I figured as much, Norm. Just wanted to be sure.

Raid and Scythe I'm pretty sure are coming, in addition to you. So we have 4 peoples already.

Yaaaayyyy.

Kel

Smash Master
Yeah, I'll be leaving after the tournament. It just sucks for anyone that wants to team with me because this will be the only event I attend. I'm gonna take first and stay in the top 10 DSF style!

ook

Smash Lord
Kiiiirk, I'm coming too :lick:

Hopefully I'll be able to get the car for it so I can drive (I actually like driving :/) so if there's enough people for 2 cars it'd work out. but maybe not, so I'll let you know or something lol

also Kel... do you still need a teammate?
(wanna team?)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom