• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

M.A.S. July Edition 7-3-10 Winthrop Harbor IL -- Results

Akashi

Smash Lord
1. Arty - Last Don't Blink I got Lain 2nd round winner's. I don't complain about my seeding (unless it's absolute bullsh*t like Meneil 2nd round or you 1st round or something) because I honestly don't feel I'm that great. If I gotta play someone amazing early on, then I'll try my hardest. Also gg's in Random Teams XD and I hope you enjoyed my SOUR DOTS.
2. Hunger - Ilu <3 and thanks for the compliments. Good sh*t on getting 2nd and thanks for not forfeiting to Marshall - I wanted my bracket to be played out legit.
3. Sago - It's not Meneil and I are that's too nice, it's you ;).
4. Marshall - Gg's! Wish I would have brought it to the 3rd round, but I just couldn't keep up. I'll work on switching from defensive/aggressive so I don't get trapped. Also thank you for the advice, you're really nice to me :]
5. Ook - Oooooooooooooooooooooook <3 grats on 5th!
5. Akashi - Yay I got 5th lol
7. Nappy - Don't discourage yourself :\. I'm sorry you SD'd the 1st round, tbh I think you were off when you were playing me... way off. I hope we have a legit rematch in the future
7. MN Moe - Gg's in Why tier and Singles. I need to adapt as good as you in the future.
9. Grimace - Great job making your way through loser's! F*ck Kenni, you got him next time
9. DLA - We talked about your placing already, but you're ma dude<3
9. D.Disciple - You're an awesome guy, and I hope you come to IL more often! Definitely one of the chillest (no icy pun intended) guys at the tourney :p.
9. Kennispam - I understand that you got angry, but I brought that sh*t back legit on Brin until you SD'd. Don't get mad, and don't underestimate me.
13. YoshQ - Hey you :D
13. Oro - Lol I'm glad you made it in time for Melee. Gg's in vbrawl though!
13. Meneil - I love you hun<3. You did amazing against Grimace, he was SO scared
13. Ewok - You did well against Ook! Better luck next time :\
17. Breezy - i have an infinite amount of respect for you and your ganon. I'm glad I saw you again
17. Chirp - Gg's in singles! Sorry my taunt isn't as cool as yours though lol
17. Zwarm - Keep playing d3, you're getting there
17. RedRyu - You did well against Mene :]
25. SpongeJordan - I LOVE YOU SPONGE!

edit: Webster - Thanks for the amazing tourney! You're ma dude<3

Also, is there an AiB page for this tourney? I need to register for it

double edit: Found the thread

Arty

Smash Lord
Btw here's how my mid tier match with Kennispam went.
Game 3 on RC. I'm at like 140, he's at like 40. He jumps on to the highest platform and starts transforming to Zelda. I jump up, wait, and then up-B him. :laugh:

grimacetpp

Smash Apprentice
1. Arty -God that sucked we didn't get to play
2. Hunger -atta boy toiga
3. Sago - atta boy toiga
4. Marshall - atta boi toiga
5. Ook - "Dk's just the best character" i love you
5. Akashi - good stuff dude good seeing you
7. Nappy - MN should come to the next DB, also good stuff
7. MN Moe -**** falco
9. Grimace -bleh
9. DLA - I've been watching your mk and it seems to just get better and better
9. D.Disciple - sorry i didn't recognize you, also it was fun playing you in teams
9. Kennispam -Hey sorry I got mad, you won regardless, but I got overconfident it won't happen next time lol
13. YoshQ - good seeing you
13. Oro - I didn't talk to you at all, I'm gunna say that's your fault
13. Meneil - Akashi's right I was scared you're good and I hate ike
13. Ewok - ook's first stock, that's all I have to say
17. Breezy -obviously the chillest of the icy boys
17. Chirp - why tier match was fun
17. Zwarm - brawl hyphen was fun
17. RedRyu - fun teams matches
25. SpongeJordan - ... so you're the one that didn't get any byes lol.

Oro?!

Smash Hero
Grimace!!!! I only saw you one time, you gave me the death stare while I was playing Melee friendlies. lmao.

To all who don't know yet, on my way home, some ***** decides to hit, and total my car. Not sure how I'm gonna be going to future events. Hit me up if you can bum me rides. >_>

KenniSpam!

Smash Master
Btw here's how my mid tier match with Kennispam went.
Game 3 on RC. I'm at like 140, he's at like 40. He jumps on to the highest platform and starts transforming to Zelda. I jump up, wait, and then up-B him. :laugh:

9. Kennispam -Hey sorry I got mad, you won regardless, but I got overconfident it won't happen next time lol
your snake is too fun to play... which is unfortunately your weakness. if you want to win, just camp/spam like akashi does

Akashi

Smash Lord
Lol >< wtf I don't play gay, I just play defensively D:. I mean my character can't be like MK and time you guys out ;-;

edit: I'm so sorry Oro... are you hurt at all? :\

double edit: I don't spam Kenni, get the f*ck out of here. Stop trying to pivot grab me every time you approach and maybe you won't get hit by 1000000000000 ftilts.

Dajayman

Banned via Administration
Defense/campy is a boring and gay tactic. I personally dont mind it though.

Look at it this way. Would you rather watch a campy character or Ook's DK? Obvious answer is obvious.

DLA

"Their anguish was my nourishment."
NNID
DLAhhh
Grimace!!!! I only saw you one time, you gave me the death stare while I was playing Melee friendlies. lmao.

To all who don't know yet, on my way home, some ***** decides to hit, and total my car. Not sure how I'm gonna be going to future events. Hit me up if you can bum me rides. >_>
Oh **** Bzoo I hope you're alright... WTF is with everyone getting their cars ****ed up? Someone wrecked WI's car on the way back from the Showdown too, and now MN's car stopped working too. Brutal ****

Anyways, shoutouts later

KenniSpam!

Smash Master
Lol >< wtf I don't play gay, I just play defensively D:. I mean my character can't be like MK and time you guys out ;-;

edit: I'm so sorry Oro... are you hurt at all? :\

double edit: I don't spam Kenni, get the f*ck out of here. Stop trying to pivot grab me every time you approach and maybe you won't get hit by 1000000000000 ftilts.
You dont talk **** about my pivot grabs.

Sago

Smash Lord
Shoutouts

1. Arty- seeing as how I love **** talking you just gonna say your lucky I forfeit!
2. Hunger- 3-0 me huh? Pretty sure I beat you last we played on tourney?!?!?
3. Sago- nice job finaly beating moe again!
4. Marshall- good games, stupid suicide and silly stage switch. I can't steal money from you that's already mine :3
5.ook- fun games as always bud. Sorry you were so tired
5. Akashi- awsome seeing you bud the candy was delightful, where do you buy your shoes?
7. Nappy- your win against me was some slots bs. Good games though you realy know how to keep an mk at a safe distance
7. MN Moe- good games man, watch out for those wi mk's. I was suprised you spiked your controller
9. Grimace- so glad we didn't play :p great seeing you. You said I should ask off the 30th of July?
9. DLA- fun doing ransoms with you, buy yorself something nice :p
9. D.Disciple- great Luca, fun matchs and cool getting to see you again
9. Kennispam- I didn't watch any of your matchs but I guess you got good?
13. YoshQ- booty chin, thanks for the rip tips bud. Lemme know about that tourney
13. Oro lolwut you play brawl?
13. Meneil- sick nasty charizard! Good seeing you as always. You and ook are the first il players I knew.
13. Ewok- your the fcking king of planking. No wonder you kicked lains ***
17. Breezy- nice lookin ****! Good seeing you pal, leme know about those sleepovers
17. Chirp- wifi champ! Good stuff with falcon?!?
17. Zwarm- nice beard :3
17. RedRyu- nice Luca, you Might want to work on approaching mixups
25. SpongeJordan- who are you? Nice purple shirt dogg

Akashi

Smash Lord
Defense/campy is a boring and gay tactic. I personally dont mind it though.

Look at it this way. Would you rather watch a campy character or Ook's DK? Obvious answer is obvious.
It depends on the match. I think a defensive/trappy Snake is super entertaining to watch when they know what they're doing, and I also love watching aggressive players who aren't stupid (Ook, San, etc). Calling my playstyle "gay" is offensive to me because you're demeaning my hard work. Gay, imo, are tactics like planking, scrooging, stalling, etc that brings the match to a stalemate.

Kennispam said:
You dont talk **** about my pivot grabs.
I just did. If the majority of your approaches are predictable, then you'll get punished. Shiek's pivot is awesome but any attack that's used constantly = punishable. If you eat a lot of my ftilts, that's your fault... not mine.

Sago said:
5. Akashi- awsome seeing you bud the candy was delightful, where do you buy your shoes?
These are the shoes I have http://www.toms.com/mens/olive-canvas-classics-shoes#pageTop . The fact that they give a pair of shoes to someone in need everytime you buy one is what sold me.

Anyways, I feel like I'm defending myself a lot lately with how I play my Snake. It's really discouraging, but I guess I'm a target now, and that's a little depressing. I just want to play the game and have fun .-.

DLA

"Their anguish was my nourishment."
NNID
DLAhhh
Anyways, I feel like I'm defending myself a lot lately with how I play my Snake. It's really discouraging, but I guess I'm a target now, and that's a little depressing. I just want to play the game and have fun .-.
Just because you have a playstyle that most people consider "gay" doesn't mean you have to defend yourself for it.

Now, if someone says "Akashi shouldn't play so gay because it's rude and inconsiderate to everyone else," then it's easy to defend yourself. This person is wrong obviously, because it's a tournament match and you should play your character to its fullest. Snake just happens to be a really defensive, campy character with a lot of tactics and moves that most people consider gay.

I mean, I'll freely call your snake gay, because that's how he's supposed to be played lol. Most players understand this and will (or at least, should) never ask or expect you to play less gay in a tournament set. So really there's no need to defend yourself, especially since there are tactics that are much more gay, such as planking/scrooging etc.

edit: I hate using "gay" so much in a derogatory context lol :( we should change it to "ghey"

double edit: I know I told you this story but I bet a lot of other people would like to hear it lol... I was talking to Kirk and he told me that the Brawl devs originally intended Snake to be about 20% larger in size... but they shrunk him last minute but decided to keep his hitboxes on all of his moves exactly the same. Which is why his hitboxes are so ****ing obscenely huge ><

Dajayman

Banned via Administration
Camping and playing defensive is legit. I have no problem with it. I'm just saying most people would rather watch Ook be Ook instead of a player who is smartly defensive.

Haters gonna hate on you Tano. All you need to care about is if I love you or not, which I do. <3

Meneil

Smash Apprentice
I'll post shout outs tonight or tomorrow =)
But uhhh why is there an MK sign next to my name? :< Admittedly I've pulled him out in dubs a few times, but I didn't use him for a single match in singles.

The Good Doctor

Smash Champion
I'll post shout outs tonight or tomorrow =)
But uhhh why is there an MK sign next to my name? :< Admittedly I've pulled him out in dubs a few times, but I didn't use him for a single match in singles.
This girl needs to teach me some Ike...
Sadly to say, I actually enjoyed playing Brawl.....
Ihatemyselfnow

KenniSpam!

Smash Master
double edit: I know I told you this story but I bet a lot of other people would like to hear it lol... I was talking to Kirk and he told me that the Brawl devs originally intended Snake to be about 20% larger in size... but they shrunk him last minute but decided to keep his hitboxes on all of his moves exactly the same. Which is why his hitboxes are so ****ing obscenely huge ><
lollllllllllllllllllllllllll

napZzz

Smash Hero
Akashi is my favorite IL dude snake sucks dont be a **** to him >=[ kenni jus mad cuz akashi gave him that ****. Besides yoshQ and kennispam, all the wisconsin players are legit. Especially what i've dubbed the "hunger crew". You know who you are

Jus a few shoutouts to give here

akashi-Sorry I sort of ****ed up...idk what happened. You're still my favorite snake main <3
webster-bes tourney host still!!!
Arty- I was too ****ty to even reach you lol I didn't beat ook -_-
Ook- **** donkey kongs down B
yoshQ-I'm not gonna travel with you again for a long long time
DLA-Legit mk i was suprised, and ganon is gay

TREE TRUNK- EVEN THOUGH YOU ARENT GONNA READ THIS YOU HAVE TO BE THE MOST ANNOYING PERSON I HAVE EVER MET. YOU MADE THE NIGHT OUR CAR BROKE AND THE FOLLOWING RIDE HOME TO YOSHQ'S HORRIBLY UNENJOYABLE. YOU ACT LIKE A 12 YR OLD HYPED UP ON SUGAR WITH ADD THAT HAS NO ****ING OFF SWITCH. AT SEVERAL POINTS IN TIME I WANTED TO TURN AROUND AND CUSS YOU OUT/VIOLENTLY ATTACK YOU. YOU'RE A RUDE INCONSIDERATE PERSON AND I HOPE I NEVER SEE YOU AGAIN. EAT A SACK OF ***** AND DIE

Cosmo!

nerf zelda's dsmash
wobbling is when you grab somebody in melee with ICs and have nana with you, and you hit them with alternating grab attack -> nana ftilt -> grab attack -> nana ftilt etc.

if performed correctly it is inescapable

also no johns, and I agree with webster, read that article.

stop knockin on kids playstyles :)

Top Bottom