• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

M.A.S. July Edition 7-3-10 Winthrop Harbor IL -- Results

yoshq

Smash Master
Webster - it was a little hot, not that it changed anything. but also, I LOVE YOUR TOURNAMENT CHOICE! that was the most fun tournament as far as type of tournaments ever. please run random doubles again, or why tier... both were incredibly fun. even teaming with kennispam was still fun :)
also my friend left his backpack in the venue, please mail it and text me if you need shipping $$ and/or an address.

kennispam - you're more mature now or something, so i'm not pissed at you anymore. rematch in that mm, and good job 3 stocking me. also thanks for staying with sponge to help our car. also you beat a ganon. i'm uploading it in a few minutes hehe

spongejordan - thank you so much for staying with us for so long. i owe you one (although i already owed you one for driving so far to columbus). btw my earbuds are on your chair or around it somewhere, just set them aside somewhere and i'll get them next time :)

fatboy - you owe me $1 but we will just continue it some other time :) good job beating hungersago

chirp - you are ******** for not coming to this tourney sooner, since it started in december of last year and has gone every month since then. glad you are finally here though, very glad. keep beasting with falcon and wolf and falcon and falcon.

moe - nice wolf and fun games.

ook - i will rematch you in mms until i beat you although i can't brag about it now because i didn't win the 1st time i tried, haha. you're ****ing good on picto, i'll practice it and get back to u in a sec.

grimace - wat a beast. keep working on that luigi if you want lol.

akashi - lol yes you do spam. it's what you're supposed to do, no insult intended.

sago - k, booty chin

dla - nice mk, i underestimated it in that i can usually beat scrubby mks with luigi. but i got *****.

nappy - don't worry i'll relay the message to tree trunk, and i don't disagree.

nappy+moe+half of breezy - YOU GUYS ARE SO ****ING LAZY AND COCKY IN SPITE OF IT. never simply go lay down on the parking lot when someone else's car is not starting, ESPECIALLY WHEN IT'S THE ONE YOU HAVE TO TRAVEL IN. if you were in sponge's car hypothetically, i know you would have tried your ****est to convince him to just leave and let whoever was hypothetically in my car just sit there. i want to note that even though breezy was ****ing around the whole time too, i know he is nice at heart and will help a friend in need when necessary. but moe i haven't seen 1 sign of kindness or caring for another human being ever in the whole time i've known him. nappy i have seen many, just not on this trip. had to get that off my chest. edit: most of this is directed at moe, and i regret this now.

to everyone else, there will be an ecss2, hopefully in july if we can do it.

napZzz

Smash Hero
acts of kindness eh. Like last minute bringing your friends on this trip and making me sit on the floor of your car. Then trying to say you wouldn't give me the food money you promised me because I didn't team with you for random teams. I had to offer you interest in the future just to be able to get it.

I dont know what you would've wanted us to do when there were already 3 of you doing something. I went into the venue to see if anyone could help out and see what to do and when I came back out and said what I had you just ignored me.

I Honestly dont know what you could've had me do. Hit the starter? steer it when i have no experience with a car when others do? Push when 4 were already in the back? aside from driving us which wasn't an act of kindness, more like getting people to give you lots of gas money and have people to go with so you 'd be able to for a tournament (which doesn't seem like one to me) I doubt you've treated us any better.

Dont bother responding because I'm not gonna argue, I'm not childish and immature like you and your friends getting upset at ******** ****, like telling moe your friend wanted to fight him because he was cocky, and that apparently he made a big deal out of it by laughing and calling you stupid for it.

Also, what you call cocky is just us joking and trying to hype and keep the spirit up. Think before you speak and act, you were the reason this whole trip was ****ed starting with bringing your friends which made it so we had to use your car and everything went downhill. I'd have rather turned back then if I had known what ****ty condition it was in, you practically asked to let us all be ****ed over then. Grow the **** up

napZzz

Smash Hero
Man MN says they are Icy, but they can't keep it cool like Chillinois.
lol i shouldn't have posted something like that in a public thread anyways. I'm dumb

Doesn't change from the fact that this tourney was legit :D

Triple R

Smash Lord
I am disappoint MN......

I'm sure everyone was tired and stressed when Yoshq's car broke down. I don't think it should be too much to get worked up about. Just be thankful that Yoshq keeps giving us rides to tournies now and then. You can't tell me you didn't think his car wouldn't break down eventually. Last time I rode in it I was wondering if we'd make it lol. Be thankful everyone made it home before the 4th was over :p .

Too be honest, MN is cocky lol. You say it's just a way to keep your spirits up and joke. What I think is really happening is you use the vehicle of cockiness to joke and keep your spirits up. I don't know how anyone can deny the general MN cockiness lol.

Just glad everyone made it home fine. Smash seems to be killing all the cars. WE MUST RETALIATE!!!!! lol

Devildigimon

Smash Lord
I'm really sad to hear YoshQ, Oro, and Sponge Jordan all had car issues. Hopefully this doesn't discourage you to return to a future tournament I host.

Had I would've known the seriousness of the issue YoshQ & company, I would have let you guys stayed at the venue over night...or something. It sucks you folks had to purchase a hotel.

Glad you all made it home safely.

yoshq

Smash Master
Yeah it was lame that it happened, the only thing that was annoying me was pretty much people ignoring each other. It was getting on my nerves.
exactly

It got an STD from yoshq's car.

Edit. Lol yoshq i forgot to discuss our AWESOME luck in random teams. /sarcasm :samus2:/:samus2:, :bowser2:/:bowser2:, :link2:/:ganondorf:, :jigglypuff:/:jigglypuff:, :sonic:/anything

Thanks for teaming with me anyways lol, jigglypuff dabess
hey we did actually win link/ganon... i just need to work on my bowser, jigglypuff, and yoshi. and a few others. can't wait til next random doubles.

oh yeah so anyway the full story with my car is that it had been having trouble before this starting, and we had to jump it in the morning to get there, while hitting the starter with a hammer. that night, it didn't start, and we tried for 6 hours with the help of the bar people, my dad, spongejordan, D, etc. didn't work, got a hotel, got picked up along with car in the morning at 12.

D. Disciple

Smash Master
That's a good thing here's hoping.

Anyway time for my shout outs.

Brawl

1. Arty - Good seeing you again man, I gotta keep that last stock though man. Can't let you just usmash me with falco whenever you want to. I'll try to show up to more tournies in the future.

2. Hunger - **** it's been awhile, that **** bike man. I'll keep in mind about not rolling though, I need to break that habit. I'll try to make it to Don't Blink.

3. Sago - Good seeing you, really good Falco man thought I had the 2nd match, and thought I was gonna survive that bair. Ugh next time, next time.
4. Marshall - I'm gonna cargo throw you the next time I see you. Don't be scared when I lift you up.
5. Ook - Good DK man! Why do you live for so long? Was fun playing you in friendlies even though I think you could've survived most of my hits though after what I see you do in tourney matches.
5. Akashi - You're too cool dude, I think you're more chill than I am. Hope to see you again in the future, and not like another year.
7. Nappy - hai
7. MN Moe - hai
9. Grimace - I see you staring and trying to figure out who I was lol. Was good seeing you again man.
9. DLA - Really didn't get to play
9. D.Disciple - Stop rolling and get that Civic already!
9. Kennispam - I'll get my revenge in why tiers next time. NEXT TIME! Once again thanks for staying with us and trying to help get the car started and giving me jordan's number when Nappy forgot his backpack.
13. YoshQ - Yo
13. Oro - GGs in Melee man
13. Meneil - Was fun playing against you, you're Ike is legit I wont get gimped next time in why tiers though when I have the lead with Jiggs. =3
13. Ewok - What up!
17. Breezy - Ganondorf
17. Chirp - Heeeeeeeeeeeeeyyyyyyyy!
17. Zwarm - Sorry that I had to camp you super hard, and I got really really lucky on Delfino, the smash gods wanted me to live.
17. RedRyu - Good seeing you and playing you in random friendlies. Was really fun.
25. SpongeJordan - Thanks for housing us, helping us out with the car. Sorry we kept calling you and texting you when I knew you were at a wedding, I wanted Yoshq to hit you up before that but that never happened.

Melee peeps

Zeus - Always good seeing you, thanks for checking up on us and ****. I'll definitely have to hit up IL when I get the time.

Kels - Was cool talking with you and playing too. Don't worry I'll get my pika in that top class and show you why he's suppose to be mid tier.

Cosmo - been forever since I've seen you, **** that Zelda is fast as hell man. You make me want to play all the **** low tiers and find out all the cool **** I can do with them and space with them and just embarrass people with them. I'll try to get aaron, chexr, flux and the other melee peeps to come down to some tournies in the future.

rat - Good samus man, literally had me down on lock.

Anyone else that I forgot - HIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII!!!!!!

Sago

Smash Lord
Dont bother responding because I have to have the last word, I'm childish and immature like you and your friends getting upset at ******** ****

you were the reason this whole trip was ****ed starting with bringing your friends which made it so we had to use your car and everything went downhill. I'd have rather turned back then if I had known what ****ty condition it was in, you practically asked to let us all be ****ed over then. Grow the **** up
fixed

you guy are dissapointing me.
1. Yoshq couldent have known that his car would break
2. It's sorta lame he randomly invited his friends, but couldent you have just stayed in disciples car?
3.mn is real cocky, but so is wi, hunger said he'd 3-0 me : I

I hope we can all just relax alittle. It was an upsetting turn of events but I really love all of you and want us all to just be friends.

D. Disciple

Smash Master
fixed

you guy are dissapointing me.
1. Yoshq couldent have known that his car would break
2. It's sorta lame he randomly invited his friends, but couldent you have just stayed in disciples car?
3.mn is real cocky, but so is wi, hunger said he'd 3-0 me : I

I hope we can all just relax alittle. It was an upsetting turn of events but I really love all of you and want us all to just be friends.
It'll settle down, what's done is done. No need to ***** and moan, everyone is home safe and sound and things that have been forgotten are getting returned. Can't let MN disappoint people.

Scythe

Smash Master
Hell,i got a shoutout and i wasn't even there. although that is why i got the shoutout >_>

Rat

Smash Lord
Shout-outs

Kelly: I'm going to beat your shiek.
Cosmo: You are one of my favorite people to play and to talk smash about.
BigDrew: Yeah I think I do perform better when you're around <3. It was good to see you again.
Dart!: It was cool playing you. It seemed like you were a little pissed. We'll get a rematch in. Also I really like your style.
D.Disciple: You are a cool guy, and I like the pika. You need to come down to IL somemore. GGs.
Arty: You are a cool guy. <3 samus brothers.
Vro: Back from China baby!
Webster: Cool TO and all around good guy. I really like that you bring various Fighting game communities together. <3
Zeus: You gotta keep those spirits up. You are ****. (especially for playing other fighting games.) Also Damien destroyed you IRL. GGs sir.
Damien: I always like hanging out and talking about stuff with you. GGs sir. Pancakes tourney was a lot of fun too.
Quaz: You're a cool dude, but you need to enter the tournament! <3
Brawl dudes who played Melee: You guys are the ****! The competition is really rough, but I honestly appreciate when you guys play. <3
Everyone else: GGs!

Oro?!

Smash Hero
D Disciple, you were 2 cool, hope you come back down and play me in whatever. Judging by the scheme of things for that day, that was a real ****ing awful day. One of the worst I've ever had.;)

SpongeJordan

Smash Lord
Alright folks, I'll be going through all my replays, then I'll make a list of what they all are, and you just say which ones you want uploaded. Anything else will be stored in folders in my computer for awhile, in case you want those sometime later too.

BTW, car's mildly fixed. Had a Transmission fluid leak, so I got it home via throwing a ton of trans fluid and just powerhousing my way home. Neighbor is gonna look into it tomorrow. Nappy, I'll get you your backpack mailed out tomorrow, since today is a holiday. Sorry about the terrible timing =[ Don't you dare go epileptic on me, now.

Disciple - Don't worry about it. Its an emergency, I wouldn't expect anything less.

D. Disciple

Smash Master
D Disciple, you were 2 cool, hope you come back down and play me in whatever. Judging by the scheme of things for that day, that was a real ****ing awful day. One of the worst I've ever had.;)
yeah you guys were cool to hang with. i might try to go to don't blink either this month or next month. all depends on my bid.

Devildigimon

Smash Lord
So any suggestions for the next tournament date in August?

Special shout out to myself, for playing vBrawl. God I suck at vBrawl.

NEEDS MOAR BRAWL+!!!

...and MINUS (for u guys <3).

:bee:

EDIT:

Also in August we're going to do a lil unique Cash Bonus for vBrawl Singles and Melee Singles.

And that is...

"PIMP DAT EPIC CHARACTER CHALLENGE"

At the begining of the tournament a random "DAT EPIC CHARACTER" will be selected for vBrawl and Melee singles. All you have to do is pick and STICK with JUST that character the WHOLE TOURNAMENT (you can not change what so ever). And if you get top 3 with that character you get an extra $50 to whatever you win.

IF YOU WIN THE TOURNAMENT...

IT GETS DOUBLED!!! An extra $100!!!

Hope to see you guys next month. :bee:

yoshq

Smash Master

At the begining of the tournament a random "DAT EPIC CHARACTER" will be selected for vBrawl and Melee singles. All you have to do is pick and STICK with JUST that character the WHOLE TOURNAMENT (you can not change what so ever). And if you get top 3 with that character you get an extra $50 to whatever you win.

this pimp dat epic character challenge is a good idea, along with i would suggest doing random doubles again, and why tiers, low tiers, or b-

illboyzeus

Smash Ace
guess I'll do some shouts

Kelly: Mad props for housing me for a couple days and the massive amount of practice. My bad for not entering melee, but that new blazblue was too ****ing hot son.

Rat: Kudos for the ride and your cool people man. I really felt like a **** at times we were playing just lasering you, but it was really a test of will in the end. Need to figure out samuses

Dart: ggs in the beginning of the day, that marth is legit.

Cosmo/Quaz:sup

Damien: You are way too old to be attending these things.

Disciple: Always a good time my ***, random brawl teams was like the funnest **** ever. full charged snake fsmashes...wtf lmao. I'm surprised you didn't come and get that *** beat in blazblue. Next time you come to the Chi we gotta kick it longer than that.

KenniSpam!

Smash Master

Special shout out to myself, for playing vBrawl. God I suck at vBrawl.

NEEDS MOAR BRAWL+!!!

...and MINUS (for u guys <3).

:bee:

EDIT:

Also in August we're going to do a lil unique Cash Bonus for vBrawl Singles and Melee Singles.

And that is...

Meh idea is meh... Inb4 jigglypuff/bowser gets chosen

MurdaMoe

Smash Ace
worst i have playedd ever :/

good job to sago and fatboy tho, you guys def stepped it up. i was way too over confident against both of you and yall *****. good ****, ill be back tho.

web- <3

akashi - good mid tier games. i got lucky haha

arty - i suck so i didnt get to you in singles. good mid tier games tho.

hunger - **** your rib tips *****

sago-beast

fatboy-beast.

grimace-ive played falco longer than mk :/

ook-fun 1 game friendly. too good. you should pick up another char to fight falco :/

kels-keep playing brawl! and you are so good in melee. fun playing you madu.

me and nappy played really bad, but we will be back. :)

and to yoshQ - nappy pretty much summed up how i felt.

Top Bottom