• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[M/BAA2] Melee/Brawl 2 Jan 11th Ann Arbor, MI

SCOTU

Smash Hero
It's about an hour or so from Ohio, If i'm remembering correctly. My dad used to commute to Ohio through Ann Arbor, so I know it's no more than an hour and a half.

edit: if you were only coming for melee, you'd only have to show up before 4, anyways, so it'd give you a chance to leave not early morning or any BS like that.

SCOTU

Smash Hero
You are going to drive "all the way up there" for singles because you know its worth it. Also, no doubles so that singles can finish at a reasonable hour for ppl to get home at.

Kirk

Smash Champion
Which would be one of the issues for me...don't want to be driving home late at night for 4-5 hours...especially when I have a tournament the day before and work the next day... xD

Ima see if I can coerce some other people to join me for this...

SCOTU

Smash Hero
why do people from Michigan call me ryanex. lol?
because MI is silly like that.

If I somehow manage to make it to this I'm taking last place.
you'd have to try (or lack thereof lol) to get last.

just ditch brawl singles for melee doubles.....
Quite a few ppl would be upset about that, conversly ppl would be upset if i dropped melee singles for brawl doubles, and anyone with a long drive would be upset if i added another event. That's why I can't do doubles. Maybe in the future I'll split the melee days away from the brawl days, but then they'd each by monthlies, and everyone who plays both games would be upset.

Which would be one of the issues for me...don't want to be driving home late at night for 4-5 hours...especially when I have a tournament the day before and work the next day... xD

Ima see if I can coerce some other people to join me for this...
Good luck on getting more ppl. The more the Mer.... AWESOMER

The Sauce Boss

Smash Ace
Maybe I can make it for brawl? I was going to not come because of sunday too late johns, but wow if you actually start it at noon that should be fine.... You will ACTUALLY start it on time right?

I would also love to try my hand at melee although I will have to see how the time looks ( these things tend to not start when the forums say so =/). I really suck but whatever you gotta learn sometime right?

o and maybe i can see if i can bring jkbuk and jcav if they wanna come

dingding

Smash Ace
u shud tell the ppl at the place that there are buncha ppl coming to this and make it saturday =P

just a suggestion =)

SCOTU

Smash Hero
Solon's already got the place booked on satruday for a multi-fighting game tourney that's also expecting out of staters iirc. I'll see what i can do about future dates since this is huge though.

SamuraiPanda

Smash Hero
Two days of tournaments at Digi-ops in a row. I'm lookin' forward to melting faces in SF2HDR, TvC, Battle Fantasia, and Brawl.

Although, I'll probably place low in all of them since I don't have a main in any of the games ('cept Fei Long in SF2HDR... which is why I'm going to place low in that one).

SamuraiPanda

Smash Hero
TvC, Battle Fantasia, SF2HDR, CvS2, GG: AC, and maybe IaMP. All on the same day. And all of those are traditional 2D fighters. Hype that **** up.

EDIT: I forgot a few >_>

SCOTU

Smash Hero
If anyone has a (non-laggy) TV, a wii, and melee/brawl, we'll probably end up using it, and you can get your venue fee waived.

Shaeden

Smash Journeyman
you'd have to try (or lack thereof lol) to get last.
I'm willing to bet every state's top 15-20 players would beat me in melee and brawl and any other game. I just get lucky a lot and I play really stupid and it throws people off.

Zjiin

Smash Master
Unfortunately, I believe Tink and BigC are going to another tourney the day before this and probably won't end up going here. (esp without dubs) Since they were my rides, maybe next time.

Cactuarz

Smash Ace
I should be coming, and I can bring a gamecube/melee and recording equipment.

On a side note, I should be getting a ride from junglefever, so basically if he goes i should be going too

Acro

Smash Ace
I plan on coming to this and bringing people.. also $5 MELEE money matches... I suck at brawl and most likely suck at melee compared to all you now... but want money matches with anyone who'll give em to me :)

Kail

Smash Lord
Hmm, Interesting. Very possible I will be going to this.
Most of had hopes of us showing up if you put us on the tentative list. Miss us or somthin?

Luladin

Smash Apprentice
No doubles is quite upsetting. Although I'm sure i can beat Shae for last place.

Top Bottom