• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

M!Xcoatl Presents: A Naples Brawl Tourney... "Bound By Smash" Dec. 21st

Jssn

Smash Journeyman
Miami should deff come up, its a 1hour and 30 min drive...

And is sheikSSBM the same person that plays mellee????? isnt he like pro mellee

-!-

Smash Lord
I'll have to consult some folks in miami if they want to go
8-Bit, it'll be cool if you and some friends come to this... when you do get the word from them just let me know to put down the names of those who will be attending this... also if you do come to this, I'm assuming you'll be bringing your stuff to record the matches... that would make two set ups for that ^.^

is sheikSSBM the same person that plays mellee????? isnt he like pro mellee
Yea its the guy that's a pro in melee, back then he was like No. 5 or 6 on the PR... though hes pretty rusty for melee, I'm trying to convince him to get back on his game for Seibriks Tourney on Jan. 10th... you play melee too I assume o.O

shiekssbm

Smash Ace
Miami should deff come up, its a 1hour and 30 min drive...

And is sheikSSBM the same person that plays mellee????? isnt he like pro mellee
Hey Jssn I don't remember you too much from melee for some reason O_o. What tournament did we play at??

Dam Eddie your thinking about coming?? That's cool man, bring all your FIU buddies here if you can.

Also, I'm trying to invite some N00bies from my college to come here so we can raise the pot even more!

Jssn

Smash Journeyman
Haha we didnt, i prolly got eliminated before winners or losers brackets, i just remember watching you play somewhere. i think u were playing at a tourney in orlando or i dunno man, too long ago. But your name seemed really familiar.

=)

BUt good **** you playing brawl...
You should deff come by.

-!-

Smash Lord
Yea, its being a long time though, im not at my A game, but hope he goes, ill bring my copy of mellee... =)

Check this Wombo Combo on the meantime, its sick...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pD_imYhNoQ4
dude that was really good, I suck at melee >.< but I had an Alright Kirby... SheikSSBM always beat the **** out of me >.> good thing is that I never was on his bad side playing friendlies, free for all with friends.. I always got Second or 1st Thanks to him saving my *** when I was in trouble lol in the end it was me and him and I'll go for a Kirbyside lol I was lucky when I pulled it off... I think he always let me o.O damm I suck at melee :(

btw this a link to a couple of his matches he had against DaShizWiz (No. one in the PR back then or still dunno)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rxhlt_InzBo

-!-

Smash Lord
Hey guys, I was thinking of adding some more Stages to the Counter List just in case some are not satisfied with the ones already in the List... here's the ones that I think could work and are not as bad as Rainbow cruise or Mario Circuit... here's the stages:

1. PictoChat
2. Yoshi's Island (Pipes)
3. Green Greens
4. Distant Planet (I don't really like this taking you could loose a stock thanks to the big bug thingy on the right side of the stage but this could be for 2v2 only???)

out of those 4, I think the best choice/choices could be Yoshis and Green Greens... also I'm thinking about if I should keep Pokemon Stadium II or bann it so please give me your opinion about it... I wanna hear what you all say, this doesn't mean a stage out of those has to be picked I just wanna hear what everyone has to say about them and if one or more should be put in the counter pick list... also I'll be needing more then one vote on any stage in order to be put in the list...

btw those 4 stages are SBR Certified

DewDaDash

Smash Lord
*Rule set copy and pasted from CH4.5*
Rules
-- Best 2/3 (Finals 3/5)
-- 3 stock
-- 7:00 Time Limit
-- Ties broken by lives, then percentage.
-- Double Elimination
-- First Stage is either agreed upon or random (Neutrals) after the initial selection of characters.
-- Stage Strike: Each person strikes one stage for the entire set. This stage must be selected at the beginning of the match, after initial characters have been chosen.
-- Dave's Stupid Rule: No stage may be picked twice if the choosing player has already won on that stage.
-- Advanced Slob Picks: Loser may choose the next stage or elect to go random, then winner may choose to change characters, then loser may change characters.
-- Double Blind Character pick may be called at the beginning of every set.
-- Team Attack ON
-- Life Stealing allowed
-- Items OFF
-- Final Smashes OFF
-- 4 Neutrals: Battlefield, Final Destination, Smashville, Yoshi's Story
--13 Counterpick stages: Battleship Halberd, Brinstar, Castle Siege, Delfino Plaza, Electroplankton (teams only), Frigate Orpheon, Jungle Japes, Luigi's Mansion (teams only), Lylat Cruise, Norfair, Pokemon Stadium 1, Pokemon Stadium 2, Rainbow Cruise
-- NO Refunds
-- Any other calls/disputes will be settled by me

So I copied and pasted this from the Critical Hit 4.5 thread, A standard tourney for high level play. What I'm wondering is if this tourney will have stage strike, Dave's rule,Advanced slob pick,double blind character pick, etc. While Lylat Cruise is usually a counter pick and Yoshi's Story is always a neutral, based on your stand johnny, your not sure whether to keep lylat as neutral or not. If you want to keep it as neutral then will the people that dislike the stage as neutral be able to use their stage strike against it? If you want to keep the stage as neutral then having stage strike should solve the problem of people not liking it, if they dont like it; ban it with ur strike. But it's up you man ur call :p

-!-

Smash Lord
*Rule set copy and pasted from CH4.5*
Rules
-- Best 2/3 (Finals 3/5)
-- 3 stock
-- 7:00 Time Limit
-- Ties broken by lives, then percentage.
-- Double Elimination
-- First Stage is either agreed upon or random (Neutrals) after the initial selection of characters.
-- Stage Strike: Each person strikes one stage for the entire set. This stage must be selected at the beginning of the match, after initial characters have been chosen.
-- Dave's Stupid Rule: No stage may be picked twice if the choosing player has already won on that stage.
-- Advanced Slob Picks: Loser may choose the next stage or elect to go random, then winner may choose to change characters, then loser may change characters.
-- Double Blind Character pick may be called at the beginning of every set.
-- Team Attack ON
-- Life Stealing allowed
-- Items OFF
-- Final Smashes OFF
-- 4 Neutrals: Battlefield, Final Destination, Smashville, Yoshi's Story
--13 Counterpick stages: Battleship Halberd, Brinstar, Castle Siege, Delfino Plaza, Electroplankton (teams only), Frigate Orpheon, Jungle Japes, Luigi's Mansion (teams only), Lylat Cruise, Norfair, Pokemon Stadium 1, Pokemon Stadium 2, Rainbow Cruise
-- NO Refunds
-- Any other calls/disputes will be settled by me

So I copied and pasted this from the Critical Hit 4.5 thread, A standard tourney for high level play. What I'm wondering is if this tourney will have stage strike, Dave's rule,Advanced slob pick,double blind character pick, etc. While Lylat Cruise is usually a counter pick and Yoshi's Story is always a neutral, based on your stand johnny, your not sure whether to keep lylat as neutral or not. If you want to keep it as neutral then will the people that dislike the stage as neutral be able to use their stage strike against it? If you want to keep the stage as neutral then having stage strike should solve the problem of people not liking it, if they dont like it; ban it with ur strike. But it's up you man ur call :p
If you read the rules then you'll noticed everything is pretty much as above, with the exception of some stages...

Yes, it has Daves rule... if one player calls Double blind then it will be done, i should just put that as a rule considering everyone is gonna try to counter pick the character at the first match so that will be the rule... and yea each player is allowed to bann any stage in the counter stage list ONLY at the beginning of the match, or i could have it after choosing characters in the first match... Advanced Slob, I figured the looser would have to counter opponent's character first, then counter with the stage but if anyone thinks I should have it set to looser picks counter stage first, then counter picks character then I'll change it... about Lylat I announced that all the Neutrals will stay as is (all 5) but if a lot of people demand lylat to be romove, then i wont have much choice to just move it as a counter but ill move Yoshis as a counter as well... like i said before they're pretty much the same thing, one is the edges that tilt and one has those ghost platforms thingys so if one is moved then for the same reason I'll move Yoshis even though most of the time Yoshis stays as a Neutral, and Lylat is usually as a counter... but 5 stages should be good for starters and besides all the stages aren't really too neutral as i said before, so one stage shouldn't matter anyways... so Lylat stays

AtTheDrive-In92

Smash Apprentice
please no pictochat, i'm not much for yi (melee) due to the walk of edges, chain grabs can kill automatically and metaknight's down smash can ko at like 35 there :/

dont' mind the others though! although distant planet should be strictly 2v2 imo

-!-

Smash Lord
Its his anniversary w/ his gf so I really don't think he can change that.
You gotta be kidding me, not this again >.< some one else is not attending this because of the same reason... but it can't be help though hehehe it's cool ^.^

Fuego Fox

Smash Journeyman
Thugg

YOu know that vamp and gato are going to PWNNNN this **** lol whats good emo^wolf and m!x

Emo^Wolf

Smash Journeyman
YOu know that vamp and gato are going to PWNNNN this **** lol whats good emo^wolf and m!x
yooooo Vampiroooo! looks like you foundd the threaddd!Q!! i guess this meansss your going to showww uuo mann!! thatss goood! you guys gota practice in your teamwsss to get use to the team attack on. you ggotaaa go practice man quiCK!

but naww man RevaGGGG is Foinggg too RipppP! this whole tourneyy!
were taking it all!

AtTheDrive-In92

Smash Apprentice
yooooo Vampiroooo! looks like you foundd the threaddd!Q!! i guess this meansss your going to showww uuo mann!! thatss goood! you guys gota practice in your teamwsss to get use to the team attack on. you ggotaaa go practice man quiCK!

but naww man RevaGGGG is Foinggg too RipppP! this whole tourneyy!
were taking it all!
Team Reem > ReVaG > El Vampiro & Friends

CRASHiC

Smash Hero
Just to make sure, you guys don't have a rule against me listening to an iPod because I HAVE to be listening to Three 6 mafia while I play as Dededee and El-P when I play as didy. I don't know, the D's are gangster so it helps.

-!-

Smash Lord
Just to make sure, you guys don't have a rule against me listening to an iPod because I HAVE to be listening to Three 6 mafia while I play as Dededee and El-P when I play as didy. I don't know, the D's are gangster so it helps.
lol Yea man it's cool you can listen to your iPod, no rule against that ^.^ I should try it myself, maybe it would pump me up with a bad *** song o.O

lylat as counterpick? i'll be there. i just need to find a ride.
I belive Lylat should stay as a Neutral, I keep saying this so I sound like a broken Record but if I move Lylat then Yoshi will go as a counter too... anyways right now Neutrals stay as it is... and you better show up man o.O this is gonna be really good, and I got a surprised >.> anyways you're the only good MK that I know so you have to "COME" back when you're not broken lol

Come man ^.^ and if you can get in contact with any smasher like Phil, Chrono etc... to come that'll be sweet... maybe even heroe mystic and scent, i tryed but he never responded with anything -.-

-!-

Smash Lord
NO WAII
CPU is coming
SEEEEPEEEYOUUUU
Tell us, how was Evo 08 with Ken?
I just played Brawl with CPU! today, I don't think it's the same person you're thinking... unless you mean Melee since you said Ken??? I think he said he was good in Melee... but I don't know much of "SeeeePeeeeYouuuu" never heard of him till my brother told me to write him down...

AtTheDrive-In92

Smash Apprentice
I just played Brawl with CPU! today, I don't think it's the same person you're thinking... unless you mean Melee since you said Ken??? I think he said he was good in Melee... but I don't know much of "SeeeePeeeeYouuuu" never heard of him till my brother told me to write him down...
I played with CPUs today xD

-!-

Smash Lord
lol damm Volta o.O

so you're telling me that I've been beating "THE" Mew2King till the previous time o.O that's Awsome lmao

ohh btw thanks to you I got that Program already, thanks ^.^

Jssn

Smash Journeyman
i am coming for this for sure now!!

I know i confirmed that i was coming, but two nights ago i found out that i was schedule to work saturday and if that was the case i was probably gona get to naples at 7 am on sunday and sleep for only 2 hours and then play... which was gona suck, but i got my shift picked up!!!!

=)

-!-

Smash Lord
i am coming for this for sure now!!

I know i confirmed that i was coming, but two nights ago i found out that i was schedule to work saturday and if that was the case i was probably gona get to naples at 7 am on sunday and sleep for only 2 hours and then play... which was gona suck, but i got my shift picked up!!!!

=)
lol that's good to hear man, it wouldn't be too fun playing half dead >.< been there and ain't pretty hehehe

CRASHiC

Smash Hero
lol damm Volta o.O

so you're telling me that I've been beating "THE" Mew2King till the previous time o.O that's Awsome lmao

ohh btw thanks to you I got that Program already, thanks ^.^
Are there any without items. Because all of the ground he gained he got from items, including two kills.

-!-

Smash Lord
Crap, I always forget to post this but just in case any of you are wondering... my brother will be selling burgers, chips soda as a combo or separate, bottle of waters will be selling... i think he said hot dogs as well, maybe Rice... I'll give you guys the details when I get them... just in case, who would buy some Mexican food >.> and what???

ihatemybrother

Smash Journeyman
This sounds great (sure is better than my overpriced hotpockets lol)
Maybe Mexican food, but you wouldn't want any bathroom johns lol jk.

Oh, and did you get in touch with Iceclimberspwn? She hasn't posted on this thread, lol hope she doesn't go to Tek Lounge and get disappointed that theres no tourney there.

Top Bottom