• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Event - MLG Anaheim 2014 M2K and ADHD banned from MLG Dallas

Status
Not open for further replies.

BluePeachy100

Smash Champion
That's a very good point, Ran. To be completely honest, you're right. Even if they do win the money, despite the fact that it's their money, they should keep a lid on who they give it to. Unless of course it's not someone else from the smash community, especially a top player. It was a mistake, even if it is just a rumor, at least now EVERYONE knows not to do this, so that the entire Smash community doesn't get branded as schemers.

ksizl4life

Smash Hero
Sooooo...

Where is MLG's evidence for banning M2K and ADHD anyway? You should probably show it to those 2 soon before things get ugly. They aren't ******** and would take legal action.

Jack Kieser

Smash Champion
Hylian didn't actually post any proof, for the record. Technically, hearing it second-hand from him is still hearsay.

BluePeachy100

Smash Champion
I hope this doesn't go to court. It doesn't only affect them, but the entire community in a way.

However, with no legal proof of this hideous accusation, if m2k and ADHD won, it would hurt the credibility of MLG as a whole. Then again, what else would be new?

BSP

Smash Legend
You know them both, outside of smash

As do i

He doesn't, and MOST other people don't

If you don't know the person at all its just common knowledge to call them by their gamertag

My rule is

If they don't know your real name, why call them by their real name.

hmm DANIEL!!!!!!!!

just an imo tho.
I agree. It's kinda weird using first names unless you've met face to face imo.

And I agree with Kieser

-Ran

Smash Master
Actually, as an organization MLG can go forward with just an accusation to bar them from entering the tournament. Just the potential of the sullying of their name by association is enough for them to prevent the two from entering. In the business world, you're guilty until proven innocent.

Allied

Smash Master
Actually, as an organization MLG can go forward with just an accusation to bar them from entering the tournament. Just the potential of the sullying of their name by association is enough for them to prevent the two from entering. In the business world, you're guilty until proven innocent.
i didn't know that, this is like true fact? good read.

BluePeachy100

Smash Champion
But can they deny them their pay from a tournament that's past? How can they hope to even prove that if they haven't received their money? There's no way such a ridiculous paper thin excuse can hold up in court.

MLG: "oh, well we THOUGHT they were gonna split, so we didn't give them any money"

-.-

Trillion

Smash Ace
Everything he has said on the entire topic.

Dude, you are having crazy knee jerk reactions to this and you need to chill out.

It's a controversial topic. MLG shouldn't be mad that people are jumping to conclusions and they haven't said that they are. Very little information is available and little of it can be said to be reliable. People are going to jump to conclusions about which side is wrong and they are going to want to voice their opinions about it which is the very nature of a public forum; to discuss opinions and information.

Screaming that MLG is going to hate us is ridiculous and you seriously need to step back and calm down. Being passionate about the game is one thing, but you are seriously going overboard here.

MetalPat

Smash Ace
i didn't know that, this is like true fact? good read.
I don't really know what business world he comes from, but the law side of any world is innocent until proven guilty. this is why many Attorneys will not take someone till court UNTIL they have some form of evidence that could stipulate said person being guilty.

should they not be able to prove that person is guilty, then the charges are dropped and they cannot be accused and/or taken back to court for that same alleged crime.

-Ran

Smash Master
1,000 is missing from the safe at your work. You're the suspect. You're most likely going to lose your job, even if you didn't do it. The same can be said for most things due to the litigation that it would take for you to overcome the judgment of the business to even be a viable pursuit. Sure, you could attempt to sue the company for wrongful termination, but the time that it would take getting a lawyer, and attempting to gather the resources to combat the legal department of the company would always make you lose more money, and time than it would take to get anything out of the company. Even if you'd win, you'd still be out of a job.

This is true with most things in the businessworld. MLG is completely protected for denying M2k and ADHD from entering Dallas, and removing them from the points race.

Baro

Smash Journeyman
I come back to the smash community and this happens?

Wow, you guys are kinda lame.

If you read the rules, they can bar anyone they want from competing.

Get over it.

Jack Kieser

Smash Champion
Dude, you are having crazy knee jerk reactions to this and you need to chill out.

It's a controversial topic. MLG shouldn't be mad that people are jumping to conclusions and they haven't said that they are. Very little information is available and little of it can be said to be reliable. People are going to jump to conclusions about which side is wrong and they are going to want to voice their opinions about it which is the very nature of a public forum; to discuss opinions and information.

Screaming that MLG is going to hate us is ridiculous and you seriously need to step back and calm down. Being passionate about the game is one thing, but you are seriously going overboard here.
If that's how you feel, then you obviously have no respect for M2K or ADHD as players or as people, because regardless of what MLG decides to do, nobody deserves to have this kind of slanderous discussion happen about them. I've met M2K once (for about 30 seconds) and never have met ADHD, but I will totally defend the two of them as fellow Brawlers and SWF community members until this whole debacle is settled one way or the other.

I don't care if they cheated or not. No one deserves to have their reps bashed like this or to have potentially slanderous things posted about them just because you feel like posting an uninformed opinion on an internet forum. You may think I'm over-reacting, but this is wrong. Flat out wrong. And I'm going to defend the two of them as fellow human beings first and foremost.

****it, it's the 21st century, people. Grow up and show some restraint, maturity, and empathy.

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
Where is MLG's evidence for banning M2K and ADHD anyway? You should probably show it to those 2 soon before things get ugly. They aren't ******** and would take legal action.
Over what? As JV said, they're getting paid, and they're well within their rights to bar whoever they want from entering.

Then innocent until proven guilty.
Just because you haven't seen the evidence doesn't mean it exists. It makes sense as well to keep it private: We don't want people to be able to look at what it was and then use that knowledge to dodge it when they decide to rig brackets.

But can they deny them their pay from a tournament that's past? How can they hope to even prove that if they haven't received their money? There's no way such a ridiculous paper thin excuse can hold up in court.

MLG: "oh, well we THOUGHT they were gonna split, so we didn't give them any money"

-.-
Seriously, what the hell is with everyone and suing? God.

Also are people blind? JV said they're getting their money.

Grey Belnades

The Imperial Aztec
NNID
OldManGrey
3DS FC
0748-2157-4277

Get over it.
I agree. While what they are doing may seem unjust to a number of people, technically it IS their circuit, they CAN do what they want.

MKOwnage

Smash Journeyman

Get over it.
If only they had a good reason. No evidence looks bad on their part.

Tomacawk

Smash Master
At this point, I have stopped trying to inform anyone. I have stopped posting on the topic altogether. However, this is pretty big news, posted publicly by MLG themselves. If AlphaZealot or other MLG Staff wants to lock the discussion, that is their prerogative, but the community DOES have the right to express themselves on a public forum. I'm not going to unfairly censor people.
I love this reply. I agree so whole-heartedly with you. I've made fun of a lot of mods/admins (especially when I used to briefly post on halo2forum) because I consider them uptight nerds and largely delusional about their own importance and power. I feel this leads to over-censorship, which is unacceptable to me--civil right's my man.

It's not unfair censorship. It's called "not ******* over two people by letting 100 misinformed morons post whatever slanderous material they want as if its true." Yes, this is a discussion forum, but this is not a "let's slander two of our players by spreading rumors and lies" forum. By letting people "discuss" this, all that will happen is that:

A ) people are going to make M2K / ADHD seem more like rulebreakers
B ) hundreds of people are going to get the wrong story before they get the right one (as MLG hasn't even posted the full details of the charges yet)
C ) people are going to push either MLG to take legal action against M2k / ADHD, or people are going to push M2K / ADHD to take legal action against MLG
D ) both of the player's reputations are going to be ruined, perhaps permanently
E ) MLG is going to see exactly what kind of community posts about this kind of stuff, and drop us even faster

Please, please explain to me how having a bunch of people with no proven, definitive, verifiable information post about a topic as important, sensitive, and far-reaching like this is a good thing? Yes, people should have the privilege to discuss things (because using SWF is not a right), but not at the expense of potentially doing irreparable harm to the entire community.
As to the underlined content--I believe this is an ethical decision to lock this thread or not (I'm with you that it could be made wrongly and therefore could get upset if I think it's being made wrong [that is, I think that you think it's an ethical decision too]). I am a non-consequentialist; I create the morality of the decision through the morality of it's antecedent, not its result.
All else I have to add is that mew2king always seems to find drama

Messatsu!

Smash Journeyman
In all the MLGs I have attended I have seen Halo players break the rules of switching players mid-tournament. I have even seen MLG bend the rules themselves last year while allowing Karma's team [he was ejected from the venue for being caught with marijuana in his hotel room among others] replace him with another team mate after the tournament had begun.

Its unfortunate that M2K and ADHD are being penalized for something that seems like 'telephone' as ADHD put it. Hopefully the ban can be lifted since this all seems circumstantial at this point.

[i didn't read hardly any posts in this thread, i just had to get this off my mind]

Gnes

Smash Master
1,000 is missing from the safe at your work. You're the suspect. You're most likely going to lose your job, even if you didn't do it. The same can be said for most things due to the litigation that it would take for you to overcome the judgment of the business to even be a viable pursuit. Sure, you could attempt to sue the company for wrongful termination, but the time that it would take getting a lawyer, and attempting to gather the resources to combat the legal department of the company would always make you lose more money, and time than it would take to get anything out of the company. Even if you'd win, you'd still be out of a job.

This is true with most things in the businessworld. MLG is completely protected for denying M2k and ADHD from entering Dallas, and removing them from the points race.
This. Sorry, corporation rules work differently than Judge Judy common trials.

@ksizzle, pursuing legal action could be horrible considering that mlg is a corporation, a well renowned one at that. Jason and wyatt would literally be putting in thousands of dollars to stand a chance in court(lawyer(s)) not to mention other costs.

-Ran

Smash Master
And to go along with Gnes's response to my post, you have to remember that there is clear precedent for the actions that M2K has done in regards to premeditated splitting. Most notably, what occurred last weekend. Due to the public nature of what should be under the table, a court could easily bring in the admission of splits in other events to reduce any testimony that would be brought up by either parties.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
****it, it's the 21st century, people. Grow up and show some restraint, maturity, and empathy.
The best part is that a lack of restraint is how this all began.
If M2K and ADHD just kept their mouths shut, this wouldn't have happened.

tichris93

Smash Rookie
it is ridiculously unlikely that this rises to a legal issue as the costs to lawyers will probably be way more than whatever any of them could recover
plus if it does they would definitely settle as m2k and adhd have no chance whatsoever

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
It was bound to happen sooner or later. Trolls are like reporters. Write/Find anything delicious change it up a bit and throw it in the newspaper.
In this case the victims admitted to doing so. Judging from Xyro's post on ADHD's thread "perhaps it's too late" from PM's I believe.

Kole

Smash Lord

>he thinks MLG is refusing to pay ADHD or M2k
>He calls players he doesn't know by their first name

Why is it that in half your posts, you seem to think that you're on 4chan?

It makes you look like kind of an idiot (IMO) everytime I see:

>mfw
laughing girls.gif
>etc. etc. etc. etc.

Kole

Smash Lord
Why do you have to be that guy who makes a big deal out of nothing?
making a short post on the internet pointing out something that irritates me =/= being that guy who makes a big deal out of everything

MacNCheese.

Smash Ace
IF MLG does drop SSB for good. We would have to rely on the top, most mature group of SWF members. We might have to rely on people contributing to the boards to raise money. I hope this doesn't become TOO serious :/
noob post

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom