• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Event - MLG Anaheim 2014 M2K and ADHD banned from MLG Dallas

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
Why would MLG drop the game? Outside of this isolated incident the MLG's have been pretty successful. If anything I could imagine more people being interested now that M2K isn't going to be winnin them all.

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
And knock off the talk about images. Take it to VMs/PMs.

Angel.M <3 C:

Smash Champion
IF MLG does drop SSB for good. We would have to rely on the top, most mature group of SWF members. We might have to rely on people contributing to the boards to raise money. I hope this doesn't become TOO serious :/
noob post
wtf.

IF mlg drops brawl we'd just continue being the community we were before mlg came.

mlg is amazing for us but its not like without it we die.

TP

Smash Master
Why would MLG drop the game? Outside of this isolated incident the MLG's have been pretty successful. If anything I could imagine more people being interested now that M2K isn't going to be winnin them all.
Have you looked at any of MLG's coverage of Brawl? They decided early on to make the entire thing about M2K. Every article is about him and about what other players can do against him. They made him out to be the final boss. This also greatly reduces the legitimacy of calling the winner of Dallas the "National Champion." Knowing that the best player isn't coming is NOT good for hype.

Poltergust

Smash Master
NNID
Poltergust
3DS FC
3609-1547-9922
This... is really unfortunate. Not only for M2K and ADHD, but the community as a whole.

The top players are the representatives of the community. This is because anyone outside that community would only care about the top players. If the top players are caught up in a controversy like this, what does that tell other people about the community? That we are full of liars and cheaters?

I know that's not true and you know that not's true, but others don't. Even if M2K and ADHD are shown to be innocent it still will hurt us.

To be honest, I don't care whether or not M2K and ADHD are guilty of doing this or not. The fact that this was brought up really puts a detriment to the Smash community as a whole. Even though I really hope that MLG will allow Brawl into the 2011 Circuit, I wouldn't blame them if they don't. Having an incident like this puts the Smash community in a bad light, and I doubt that MLG will be willing to allow us back in to redeem ourselves and show that an incident like this happens very rarely.

Although, what happened in Las Vegas last week certainly doesn't help our case.

That said, there is one thing that I want to know. How was this incident brought to light? Who brought up this issue and presented such hard evidence that MLG banned two of the top Smash players? Or did M2K and ADHD incriminate themselves in some way?

This is not a witch-hunt for the one who started this. All I want to know is how they were able to convince MLG to take such decisive action. We have heard M2K's and ADHD's sides of the story; I believe we should also hear about why this started in the first place.

AlMoStLeGeNdArY

Smash Hero
NNID
almostlegendary
3DS FC
1349-7081-6691
Why do people only think splits happen in brawl ?

Why is splitting even a big deal ?

Can they prove the difference between splitting and collusion ?

Finally, I blame cheese he has to some how some way be at fault.

Also would like to say good like to MLG for trying to cap at Dallas and banning to very popular players. I've said it once I'll say it again MLG doesn't care about the smash community so why should we care about them ?

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
Have you looked at any of MLG's coverage of Brawl? They decided early on to make the entire thing about M2K. Every article is about him and about what other players can do against him. They made him out to be the final boss. This also greatly reduces the legitimacy of calling the winner of Dallas the "National Champion." Knowing that the best player isn't coming is NOT good for hype.
So what, he should be immune to rules?

MLG isn't going to drop brawl because one person got himself banned.

MacNCheese.

Smash Ace

Also would like to say good like to MLG for trying to cap at Dallas and banning to very popular players. I've said it once I'll say it again MLG doesn't care about the smash community so why should we care about them ?
Would we be like we are today then?
MLG doesn't get that SSB make lotsa money :skull::skull:

Allied

Smash Master
"wWw Allied goes Clubbing wrote at 4:17 PM on Oct 27, 2010 :
>Hes making assumptions without knowing anything

Laughinggirls.gif
"
1. you are mad

2. Why are you following me on 2 websites?

3. who cares? get over it kid.

Angel.M <3 C:

Smash Champion
just shut up. omg the first part of your post was legit but this just killed everything.

>he thinks MLG is refusing to pay ADHD or M2k
>He calls players he doesn't know by their first name

Is a ban really necessary? Just make them lose there season circuit point and have them start off in the open bracket.
So, let's talk about some ****.

1. MLG wasn't gonna bring Brawl back either way. They're finding things to stack on us to make sure they don't have to deal with Harry Potter and the Game That Can't be Streamed. The Doritos fiasco? Like: HEY YOU, WITH THE **** WE WE'RE GIVING OUT FOR FREE. YEAH YOU! YOU'RE DEAD!

YOU HEAR ME!? DEAD!!

2. **** smashboards. If we really wanted to support, maybe the ******s who are adminning on this awful site FOR FREE could strike. ****, speak the **** up. That, or stop using the word community. You're mostly all scum bags, so I don't know why I'm even wasting time. Oh, and Mic, maybe shut the **** up about people not reading 3 pages back? God****, if I were to go and find every post you made out of context? Or ****, every post that irritated someone? I don't know who wouldn't wanna drop you off a cliff. Go take a hike.

Into traffic.

3. GO ALLY!

4. I love the amount of randoms who have never even seen a venue talking about their opinions on tournaments. The closest thing to scene you have are the ****ty articles AlphaZealot writes on how to get better, faster. By the way, go check those out if you want to stagnate, and eventually kill yourself. Nah, just kidding. I never got through them. XD

5. Thanks to the lack of details, sites like kotaku, SRK, and iplaywinner have written uninformed articles making these two players out to seem like monsters. ADHD kind of is a little gremlin, but aesthetics aside, he's not a devious bone in his body. M2K is too afraid to drive, and has done more for MLG Brawl than anyone. Granted, he has an agenda about it, but the kid does work.

6. Ether wonders if maybe this is a ploy to hype us all up. ****, I'm hyped. Are you hyped? DON'T YOU LIE TO ME.

7. Doritos suck. Hot Pockets Suck. Dr. Pepper sucks. (well, the non diet.) WTF IS THIS ****? Can't we get sponsors from like Goya or Dole or some ****? NAH SON, NO HEALTHY ****, YOU GONNA LOOK PEOPLE THINK LIKE YOU LOOK.

ITP: MLG is gay. Shoutouts to 'grassroots' tournies they're gonna wind up throwing at us again.

The only people who are supporting MLG in this are meat riders, trying to make a name for themselves. You're all free garbage, and should actually support your community instead of this failed *** agenda you think you have.

COME GET ME, SONS

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend

According to their contract, splitting IS collusion.

mew2king is scum.

--------^
Vote: M2K

Seriously though, knock off the personal attacks.

AlMoStLeGeNdArY

Smash Hero
NNID
almostlegendary
3DS FC
1349-7081-6691
According to their contract, splitting IS collusion.
Ah I see if they said that then that makes sense however, can they prove the split happened? Or did a ref here talks about a split during the tourney ? If not I don't see how they can even bring it up.

I don't really know what happened / how it went down however if the criteria I've stated has happened IE a ref hearing them talk about splitting then the ban is justified.

Shout outs to the noob *** mod who only gave me 2 points. Get a life, sons

With a name like that I'd perma ban you.

CpE_Wahoo

Smash Rookie
Ah I see if they said that then that makes sense however, can they prove the split happened? Or did a ref here talks about a split during the tourney ? If not I don't see how they can even bring it up.

I don't really know what happened / how it went down however if the criteria I've stated has happened IE a ref hearing them talk about splitting then the ban is justified.
JV made a big ol' post a little bit ago in one of the other threads explaining how they came to the decision.

http://www.smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=11495754&postcount=838

ksizl4life

Smash Hero
So, let's talk about some ****.

1. MLG wasn't gonna bring Brawl back either way. They're finding things to stack on us to make sure they don't have to deal with Harry Potter and the Game That Can't be Streamed. The Doritos fiasco? Like: HEY YOU, WITH THE **** WE WE'RE GIVING OUT FOR FREE. YEAH YOU! YOU'RE DEAD!

YOU HEAR ME!? DEAD!!

2. **** smashboards. If we really wanted to support, maybe the ******s who are adminning on this awful site FOR FREE could strike. ****, speak the **** up. That, or stop using the word community. You're mostly all scum bags, so I don't know why I'm even wasting time. Oh, and Mic, maybe shut the **** up about people not reading 3 pages back? God****, if I were to go and find every post you made out of context? Or ****, every post that irritated someone? I don't know who wouldn't wanna drop you off a cliff. Go take a hike.

Into traffic.

3. GO ALLY!

4. I love the amount of randoms who have never even seen a venue talking about their opinions on tournaments. The closest thing to scene you have are the ****ty articles AlphaZealot writes on how to get better, faster. By the way, go check those out if you want to stagnate, and eventually kill yourself. Nah, just kidding. I never got through them. XD

5. Thanks to the lack of details, sites like kotaku, SRK, and iplaywinner have written uninformed articles making these two players out to seem like monsters. ADHD kind of is a little gremlin, but aesthetics aside, he's not a devious bone in his body. M2K is too afraid to drive, and has done more for MLG Brawl than anyone. Granted, he has an agenda about it, but the kid does work.

6. Ether wonders if maybe this is a ploy to hype us all up. ****, I'm hyped. Are you hyped? DON'T YOU LIE TO ME.

7. Doritos suck. Hot Pockets Suck. Dr. Pepper sucks. (well, the non diet.) WTF IS THIS ****? Can't we get sponsors from like Goya or Dole or some ****? NAH SON, NO HEALTHY ****, YOU GONNA LOOK PEOPLE THINK LIKE YOU LOOK.

ITP: MLG is gay. Shoutouts to 'grassroots' tournies they're gonna wind up throwing at us again.

The only people who are supporting MLG in this are meat riders, trying to make a name for themselves. You're all free garbage, and should actually support your community instead of this failed *** agenda you think you have.

COME GET ME, SONS
LMAO

You are a God

btw the way, since MLG is taking people's word for it with chat logs that are obviously not easily doctored, I thought I'd share this:

cheese (9:42:43): I cheated will, and probably should be banned. but MLG is ********, and they'll never find out!
dmbrandon (9:43:51): cheese, I heard you are on chatroulette, picking up dudes like non stop?
cheese (9:44:15): you already know? Sorry, I won't say it again.

btw, who the **** are all these randoms?

This is Smash's 9/11 -- Anti, Silent Beast, Twilight Prince, Illmatic., Twinkie, BengalsRZ, MetalPat, ChKn, FPDav, KrazyGlue, Albert., _Yes!_, Mike G, DewDaDash, zhao_guang, PwnerBren7, AlMoStLeGeNdArY, ~Firefly~, DallasPhat, Blacknight99923, B0NK, Composer: Other C, bowser king, meepxzero, Skai, theunabletable, Raziek, slavingnewnoun, KAB1, Heavy Metal KiLLeR, Hyro, Jack Kieser, MetalMusicMan, dsafness, An Alien, vVv Choice, YangFuShang

The stadium is THAT WAY ->

AlMoStLeGeNdArY

Smash Hero
NNID
almostlegendary
3DS FC
1349-7081-6691
Ah I didn't even know they signed a contract. I guess I shouldn't have commented with out getting the whole story. Still don't think they should get banned should forfeit they money to whoever placed below them and divide among them. That's a lot worse IMO.
THIS SAYS NEW JERSEY, BUT I HAVE NO IDEA WHO THE **** YOU ARE.

this means: QUIET. You're not a tourney player, and you don't know the stresses of high level play or the money involved. You're garbage.

And not figurative garbage. Like, compost, that I choose to throw away instead of recycling into the Earth.

Albert.

Smash Master
I AM CRYING WITH LAUGHTER @ DarkStar, the most annoying, spammy, random *** person on the marth boards saying **** about

uh

whoever uses that flower avatar ;)

CR4SH

Smash Lord
When thousands of dollars are on the line, and owed to the parties involved; refusing to pay due to non-admissable evidence is illegal.
You're ********. They signed a contract. EULA counts as a contract legally. They breeched that contract. They probably wouldn't even have had to, as most ELUAs have a "we can terminate this contract at any time for any reason" clause.

Also, shouldn't anti be getting banned for having an alternate account? Can we please drop the double standard?

_Yes!_

Smash Hero
You're ********. They signed a contract. EULA counts as a contract legally. They breeched that contract. They probably wouldn't even have had to, as most ELUAs have a "we can terminate this contract at any time for any reason" clause.

Also, shouldn't anti be getting banned for having an alternate account? Can we please drop the double standard?
caps

YEAH BAN ANTI THAT ****ER!

lol

Angel.M <3 C:

Smash Champion

dumb.

that's not anti. His name is a quote from anti.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom