• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mafia Barhouse Sleepover: "Hey Town, drinks are on me!"

Overswarm

is laughing at you
vote: Tom

I mean obviously, he changed his avatar to satan for this game.

Ronike

Smash Ace
Wait, what? There are two rogues in this game? Rockin, I thought you said you had this game reviewed

#HBC | FrozeηFlame

BRoomer
BRoomer
I just realized that Rockin is about to pull the most ballin' **** ever and actually is having Eor come back for an appearance in this epic ****. He's gonna be the only non-rogue and its gonna be Eor v. all.

Rockin you're amazing but I can't let Eor win.

Pre-emptive vote: Eorlingas

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
Oh, hello there Tom!
I'm glad to see you playing.
You better be town.

:bee:
:bee: im town

I would be completely ok with lynching Chibo D1.

Who's with me!

Vote Chibo
im also completely okay with this unvote vote: chibo

Hey there, KevinM;
Are you mafia again?
Cause you're on a streak...

:teeth:
:gamble gamble: though its truu

still waiting for CELLO MARL to inject into this game
OH WAIT HES NOT PLAYING **** LOL :lick:

i dunno about you guys but im not a rogue

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
until he proves me wrong, kev is my rock

but also i figure we need to start somewhere, and i didnt find your joke funny.

also nobody responded to my discussion question although it was addressed literally to everyone.... who is gonna step up?

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
1. ChiboSempai - why are you afraid of a kevin tom buddy system, in your knowledge and experience what games has it succeeded for town and in what games has it failed for town
2. Overswarm - all i know about you is that you are an analytical person... have you played enough mafia to recognize a discrepancy in your play as town and as scum? what do you do as town and what do you do differently (outwardly) as scum? would you consider anyone your bane, and anyone your ally?
3. Menounderwater - MENO buddy whats up... dont sit on the sidelines! im going to be asking myself, "what has MENO added to discussion?"
4. mentosman8 - hey be strong not weak be strong
5. Nix2100 - make sure to be a presence in this game, dont sit on the sidelines! im going to be asking myself, "what has nix added to discussion?"
6. Virgilijus - can you give me an example in literature of the way you are speaking this game? just so i can recognize the pattern... i think it will make me more comfortable. i can always google it. also if kevinm is my right hand i expect you to be my left mr. always-seems-town-to-me! so lets do a star fox mafia without the whole turn-on-each-other-at-the-end
7. Tom - sup duder
8. frozenflame751 - do good things this game! actually just do ur ****
9. SummonerAU - hey summoner! help us get out of the rvs
10. Gheb_01 - has anything caught your eye so far (no is an acceptable answer)
11. Steel - cutie :3 tell me you are town
12. Ronike - do ur **** too like frozen
13. Omis - hey omis! ! ! remember to evaluate what you think is scummy :)
14. KevinM - hey guy

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
Sorry mad ninja there, I had the tab open for a bit

One thing that worries me is if one of you is scum and the other is town. It gives the scum a great cover. Also not to mention, what if we find out the scum person, that puts the townie under suspicion automatically, which is not good.

deepseadiva

Bodybuilding Magical Girl
3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
I play the game with "guilty till proven innocent".

Also, expect an awesome new chart once I get my supplies ready. :D

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
Do you use the same thought for everyone? Innocent until proven guilty?
not in the same context as kevin (see: batmafia... maybe a LoD game around that same time?)

everyone starts out neutral, a few people i rely on as town basically because in the past ive always found them to make great sense and be very helpful as town (kevinm, virg) so they start in the good, and a few people get brownie townie points (frozen, ronike, mentos) because i expect/want to be able to rely on them to help win the game

most everyone is neutral and proves to me they are town/scum

Sorry mad ninja there, I had the tab open for a bit

One thing that worries me is if one of you is scum and the other is town. It gives the scum a great cover. Also not to mention, what if we find out the scum person, that puts the townie under suspicion automatically, which is not good.
ya no worries about the ninja, just thought i should still answer

the odds are that both of us are town. i know im town so the odds are that kevin is also town. kevin is a great player with a naturally wonderful scumdar. he's rarely wrong and he is consistently impressive. if he is town (odds are that he is), he could help me a lot. make me even better. if he is scum, things will bother me about his play and make me second guess myself, but odds are that someone else will note it and then i can deal with it then.

if kevin is scum and he gets lynched (hey we lynched scum!) then you can evaluate my behavior in the same way you evaluate everyone elses. when scum get lynched you evaluate their behavior/relationships/connections with everyone. so it wouldn't matter!

do you think thats a good idea, guilty until proven innocent? why do you play that way?

also, i think charts are nice but if it gets in the way of regular contributions from you in discussion then you will find yourself in the hot seat!!!

Virgilijus

Nonnulli Laskowski praestant
BRoomer

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
overswarm: how would you evaluate someone who nameclaimed a male character?

Steel

Where's my Jameson?
BRoomer
until he proves me wrong, kev is my rock

but also i figure we need to start somewhere, and i didnt find your joke funny.

also nobody responded to my discussion question although it was addressed literally to everyone.... who is gonna step up?
If it was about 14 players being a weird number for a mafia game then I guess so, only because I've never played a game with 14 players. Why did you say "strong town :3" ? I didn't quite get that

11. Steel - cutie :3 tell me you are town
I am town :3

Please don't waste everyone's time with that chart again.

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
a game of 10 v 1 v 3 is a strong town, considering many sk games are 8 v 1 v 3 or 9 v 1 v 3

14 is an odd number when it comes to mafia!!

#HBC | FrozeηFlame

BRoomer
BRoomer
Pretty sure Tom said "strong town" to indicate that based on his predicted build for the game 10 v 3 v 1, 10 townies is a "strong" numerical town build.

To comment on the "how do you approach the game" discussion, I'm the same as Meno it seems. I'm pretty paranoid when I play mafia and I'm always afraid of being duped so yeah, Guilty until proven Innocent in my book, and it isn't easy to be "cleared" in my book.

Of course circumstance changes everything in the game of mafia. There are very few "ideologies" that I hold hard and fast to.

@ Meno: I totally endorse the chart. It's so balla. Haters gon' hate after all man.

deepseadiva

Bodybuilding Magical Girl
3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
do you think thats a good idea, guilty until proven innocent? why do you play that way?
If I perceive everyone as the potential enemy, I'm analyzing everything they say in terms of them being mafia. I take everything seriously and bluntly - where as if I considered everyone innocent, I'm scared I might start "trusting" people. Letting statements go, or reading them in a more lenient tone.

also, i think charts are nice but if it gets in the way of regular contributions from you in discussion then you will find yourself in the hot seat!!!
It's gonna be so great. It's gonna have all the names pinned up and I'm gonna be cataloging every single connective post.

"Chibo supported Tom"

"Steel opposed Ronike x 2"

Over time, it's gonna be interesting seeing the web of connections and how they worked out. But I'll only post it once, since last time some people didn't understand its magnificence. :mad:

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
Pretty sure Tom said "strong town" to indicate that based on his predicted build for the game 10 v 3 v 1, 10 townies is a "strong" numerical town build.
yes

To comment on the "how do you approach the game" discussion, I'm the same as Meno it seems. I'm pretty paranoid when I play mafia and I'm always afraid of being duped so yeah, Guilty until proven Innocent in my book, and it isn't easy to be "cleared" in my book.

Of course circumstance changes everything in the game of mafia. There are very few "ideologies" that I hold hard and fast to.
If I perceive everyone as the potential enemy, I'm analyzing everything they say in terms of them being mafia. I take everything seriously and bluntly - where as if I considered everyone innocent, I'm scared I might start "trusting" people. Letting statements go, or reading them in a more lenient tone.
it feels bad when youre duped, but there are more townies surrounding you than there are mafia!

also, remember to evaluate what is actually scummy when "letting statements go, or reading them in a more lenient tone," because scum slip but townies get taken out of context (and are sometimes just wrong, too)

i guess i just dont agree with "guilty until innocent", but if frozen does it then i guess it works?

It's gonna be so great. It's gonna have all the names pinned up and I'm gonna be cataloging every single connective post.

"Chibo supported Tom"

"Steel opposed Ronike x 2"

Over time, it's gonna be interesting seeing the web of connections and how they worked out. But I'll only post it once, since last time some people didn't understand its magnificence. :mad:
@ Meno: I totally endorse the chart. It's so balla. Haters gon' hate after all man.
can someone link me to this previous chart or tell me what game it was in

also, meno, what connections have you perceived so far? it would be easier if you just *point them out over time as they happen* because that would probably be much better for discussion.

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
for example, "chibo supported tom," etc. etc., but what has actually happened in this game so far? any connections? (and yes i expect you to answer this meno!)

Steel

Where's my Jameson?
BRoomer
Tom i'm pretty sure it was in the first sleepover mafia. Me and marshy were scum and just left meno alive until we felt it was a good time to lynch him, which wasn't hard to do it at all since he basically just posted his chart (completely useless) and that was it. that's why i don't want him to do it again unless he's going to you know, provide more workable input.

SummonerAU

Smash Lord
Why do you think it's 10 v 1 v 3? Is there a possibility for two groups of 2 mafia factions?

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
Why do you think it's 10 v 1 v 3? Is there a possibility for two groups of 2 mafia factions?

i assume there is an indy and 9 v 1 v 2 v 2 is ****ty design :dizzy: there'd be no real difference between indy and mafia

maybe if i didnt assume an indy, but i am because there was one in the first sleepover, and there was one in the second sleepover

Nix2100

Smash Rookie

I think there's more of a possibility of there being multiple Indy's. As far as I am aware there can't be more then 1 mafia faction. Regardless though, there isn't much point in thinking about it now as it doesn't really do us any good at the moment.

@Tom - I shall do my best to be a active participant in any and all conversations Mr. Tom sir! =P Can't post at work though =S Firewall has smashboards blocked.
..blasphemy I know.

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
wheres the indy? i already said i expect a serial killer just from the previous two setups

unless the 2 are indy... but then they would have to be some sort of SIBLINGS and ive never seen that before in any games ever..... =/ ok i see

9 v 3 v 2 (no kill) would be a good setup

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
tom u had 2 indie siblings in one of ur own games...

why r ppl even speculizing about the setup? what good does it do us when discussion could be spent better other ways...

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
note the sarcasm, i invented indy siblings the way theyre seen on swf (and re-invented it but that's for another day)

its just a method to get out of the rvs, i expect you to know that by now how long have you been playing

i also already asked people things and im waiting for responses

what are you doing? if you know a better way why don't you point us in that direction instead of just complaining, but personally i know that setup discussion is a good way to get everyone talking.

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
note the sarcasm, i invented indy siblings the way theyre seen on swf (and re-invented it but that's for another day)

its just a method to get out of the rvs, i expect you to know that by now how long have you been playing

i also already asked people things and im waiting for responses

what are you doing? if you know a better way why don't you point us in that direction instead of just complaining, but personally i know that setup discussion is a good way to get everyone talking.

is speculizing a word? speculizing isn't even a word chibo its speculating

THIS IS THE FIRST TIME IVE EVER SEEN A QUICK EDIT BECOME ITS OWN POST

WHAT IS WRONG WITH SWF

Top Bottom