• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mafia Royal Sleepover - The Party has been Crashed! Mafia Wins!

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Because ignoring him is easier and won't mislead us so easily? If we ignore him and he still does not shape up I'm OK with lynching him at the end of the day.

:059:

#HBC | Dark Horse

Mach-Hommy x Murakami
If we ignore him, we lose one player.

If we pressure him, we might be able to get that person back

X1-12

Smash Champion
Lol.

Gheb, I had a suspicion at zen for a while now, just wanted to make sure I wasnt accidentally quickhammering. If I had been keeping track of the votes, my vote would have happened back on my post right after zen's "watch me ignore you guys" post
Chibo, I'm cautious when it's comes to this.

@Gheb

1. Pressure for him so he can shape up.

2. If he doesnt, get him lynched
Yo.

#HBC | Dark Horse

Mach-Hommy x Murakami
X1, I've been cautious about hammering before, such as I discworld.

I personally don't want to see another TV all-stars mafia

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
i dont see how being cautious is needed so early into the game with this many players

if you were wary of a hammer, then you are massively skimming and or not paying attention not having some sort of ballpark idea how many votes the most suspicous person has on them
and in this case, no where near lynch

not that this is a bad thing, nor do i think skimming is a scum tell, it's just poor town play

Gova

I'm goin' for it!
NNID
Takicodos
@FF, like I said earlier, I haven't played with a lot of you so I wanted to know how most of you think by seeing whether or not you all think most things in-game can be used to find scum. I think most things in-game can be used to find scum barring stuff like confirmation posts when, or if there is a confirmation phase.

@X1, whats the difference between cautiousScum and cautiousTown? And why do you think DH is cautiousScum over cautiousTown? It's not like every single person can play recklessly imo.

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
Ok, no.

You're misunderstanding the concept of townie recklessness (the useful one anyway, I'll deal with the other one later). The variation of townie recklessness that is a consistent scumtell is survival emphasis (against lynching specifically), and this manifests as a person being overly concerned with appearing pro-town because that is the way to achieve mafia's wincon, appearing pro-town. Town's wincon on the other hand, is to kill scum so appearing pro-town isn't the primary concern, catching scum is. So it's recklessness in terms of how you appear to town, not things like reckless quickhammering.

Whether or lot general recklessness (pushing a massclaim, reckless quickhammering, etc) is a scumtell is entirely dependent on the metagame. That said we should ENCOURAGE townies to be cautious in general cause things like idiotic quickhammering costs town games (if you want an easy example, look at BIM mafia, both of them) because it means that scum can get away with objectively anti-town actions like depriving town of information and claims from a lynched player. In fact most reckless actions that are not reckless in terms of how others perceive you fall into objectively anti-town so the metagame should do everything in it's power to discourage them.

Which reminds me, recklessness is a perfect example of what I was saying in a place that doesn't exist.

mentosman8

BRoomer
BRoomer
Just popping in to say, I've been really distracted today with something non-existant, so I probably won't read up from the post I made earlier till now till after work tomorrow. Then it'll be high time to get the ball rolling over here!

#HBC | FrozeηFlame

BRoomer
BRoomer
FF, why do you feel the need to regress back to RVS

The reason I asked you and OS that question is because I've played a handful of games with you in the past but haven't recently and was curious if you were still active a lot, used to the newer players in dgames n stuff
How exactly was my post a regression back to RVS. I'd love to hear an explanation.

Careful, Flame.
About what? Got a problem?

Unvote, Vote: Zen
Lol.

Gheb, I had a suspicion at zen for a while now, just wanted to make sure I wasnt accidentally quickhammering. If I had been keeping track of the votes, my vote would have happened back on my post right after zen's "watch me ignore you guys" post
Oh hey there kneejerk how's it goin?

No but really how was that vote a test to make sure you weren't quick hammering? In fact, how is voting someone a way to check to see if you aren't quick hammering? Wouldn't voting someone uh, be a quick hammer and as such, cause the action that you were supposedly trying to test so that you wouldn't do it? I'm so ****in lost.

Also, your justification is mad defensive. "I've had a suspicion at Zen for awhile now" is just like a really shallow, fake line of reasoning that just screams "uhhh here's some justification for my ******** vote".

X1, if you want me to die because I'm voting zen, then why not target chibo and OS, who are also voting zen.

Why have you yet to have given a reason as to why I should die?

Gheb, why do you not think that, with enough pressure, we could get zen to actually play to his wincon? Why do you not consider the possibility that zen could be WIOMING scum?

Kuz, when are you going to say something worthwhile?
Dear lord...

"If you have a problem with me voting X, why don't you have a problem with A,B, and C who are all also voting X?"

facepalm.jpg

Dude it's obviously because of your terrible or lack of reasoning. Or the timing of your vote. Or a billion of other reasons some one might find your vote to be suspicious. It's not necessarily who you're voting that's suspicious, but WHY you are voting the person.

And what in the world makes you think that Gheb didn't at all consider that Zen could be WIFOMing? What did he say that suggests he did not consider that possibility?

Vote: Dark Horse

@ Mentos: I still expect an answer to my question I posed at you btw

#HBC | FrozeηFlame

BRoomer
BRoomer
Unvote: Mentosman
Vote: Dark Horse

Not sure if we still need to do unvoting since the rules still say we do but I thought Rockin said he decided he didn't care in the pre-game discussion.

@ Mod: Are the voting a lynching rules accurate? If not can you please change them to reflect what your actual Unvoting policy is? Thanks. =D

th3kuzinator

Smash Master
*pout*

why does frozen play so weird this game??

he did not even bother to comment on my lack of content/posting restriction or focus on anyone else but Dark Pony's strange vote. From town games I have seen him in, he will vote someone but still take a step back and consider all his options and point out anything questionable that has happened.
Just seems to me like he re-iterates a previously used shoddy-ish case without considering the alternatives. *stare*

Unvote
Vote FF

th3kuzinator

Smash Master
teehee, you're funny *giggle*

I did not say there was no reasoning, just that he usually points out other areas of interest and makes sure he gets those across with his main pick.

Don't twist my words!!

Overswarm

is laughing at you
vote th3kuzinator

I didn't really like your FrozenFlame post. You basically voted for him because... he chose someone to vote for? Maybe your meta is accurate, maybe it isn't. That's neither here nor there.

What I'm more concerned about is your embellishment on your posting restriction.

Why are you playing up your restriction?

What happens if you break your restriction, which I am not really sure that you have?

th3kuzinator

Smash Master
You answered that question yourself, its based on meta. *pout*

Cuz I find it strange that FF has not mentioned me at all despite my far from productive play towards the beginning of the Day.

No idea. I am not expecting you to trust me, I am just not willing to break it.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
Answer me, Kuz.

No one ask Kuz any questions or mention anything about him or our posts until he answers me.

th3kuzinator

Smash Master
why are you assuming you know what my posting restriction consists of? *pout*

and I am not, I am following the guidelines relayed to me through PM. I dont know if I am allowed to let you know about them, but why risk it now?

why are you assuming I am embellishing it?

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
You more or less said you couldn't speak about any posting restriction you might have

but in your last post you pretty much said you have one and are following it

I don't care about posting restrictions like OS really is, but what I do care about is inconsistency and lying

Overswarm

is laughing at you
why are you assuming you know what my posting restriction consists of? *pout*

and I am not, I am following the guidelines relayed to me through PM. I dont know if I am allowed to let you know about them, but why risk it now?

why are you assuming I am embellishing it?
You're adding pouts and giggles to your posts embedded in asterisks. I didn't think that was part of your restriction, is it?

th3kuzinator

Smash Master
Chibo, I was just being cute with OS before. There is not place where it says I can't mention it, neither is a place that says I can't reveal what my restriction consists of.

At the end it just says I will be punished (the word punished is in italics) if I break it. *giggle*

Overswarm

is laughing at you
You just posted and avoided the question. Again.

ARE YOU EMBELLISHING YOUR POSTING RESTRICTION.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
Cool.

Kuz is the lynch for today. He's lying.

He has consistently added something in asterisks to each of his posts, yet claims not to embellish on it.

He has posted in italics.

One would assume that his posting restriction is as such: post in italics, added pout or giggle (or some other girly verb) in asterisks.

His punishment isn't clear to him, he claims.

However:

http://www.smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=12044580&postcount=49

He hasn't claimed to have broken it or to have shown any noticeable punishment, yet there he posted nothing in italics.

Easy lynch. He's either lying town or scum. If he's lying town, we can't tell. If he's scum, we're off to a good start.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
Zen is also a possible lynch candidate for tomorrow, but toDay it is Kuz.

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
OS you don't even know what his restriction is, the asteriks part or the italics

Even still, nothing he has done so far is deserving of a lynch, especially over Zen's awful awful play

Stop harping so much on the posting restriction, it's getting us no where
And haven't you been town in a game before and faked a posting restriction? The time where you wrote like a sea captain? Doesn't help your case at all OS

Overswarm

is laughing at you
OS you don't even know what his restriction is, the asteriks part or the italics

Even still, nothing he has done so far is deserving of a lynch, especially over Zen's awful awful play

Stop harping so much on the posting restriction, it's getting us no where
And haven't you been town in a game before and faked a posting restriction? The time where you wrote like a sea captain? Doesn't help your case at all OS
You're now right below Zen.

I didn't fake a posting restriction. I said at the beginning of the game that I would post like that just for the hell of it and let people assume I had a posting restriction.

Kuz actively toyed with other's questions of it and has lied and omitted information deliberately.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Overswarm, please stop posting. Your last couple of posts are a complete eyesore and nothing but a caricature of scumhunting.

:059:

Top Bottom