• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mafia Royal Sleepover - The Party has been Crashed! Mafia Wins!

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
FF, why do you feel the need to regress back to RVS

The reason I asked you and OS that question is because I've played a handful of games with you in the past but haven't recently and was curious if you were still active a lot, used to the newer players in dgames n stuff

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
It seems that recently people have come to think that assuming an erratic, guru-like play style is pro-town because it confuses people and "demasks" more genuine emotions. X1 did it in Youtube Memes but I don't think it's effective...it worked this one time because Kuz was a new player then but now it's just annoying and won't help anyone. Actually, it takes really little commitment and is completely impossible to work with later in the game so I'm going to treat Zen's play as null - there's no commitment in his game but no gain either.
It doesn't make sense for town to play.

But it sure as hell doesn't make sense for scum to play either.

People should ignore it. I mean I do understand Tom when he complains about Zen speaking for him. Tom has always been his own character so it doesn't surprise me. I still feel the need to stay that making something useless the center of our talk will not yield useful results either.
If you keep on feeding him with responses you will give him the feeling that he's successful. If you want to stop that, stop giving responses. It will amount the same in the end.

To be honest, I don't think I've actually gained a legit read out of these interactions. I have some vague reads but they are coming from somewhere else and I hope all this talk abound Zen will not subdue other avenues of discussion.

:059:

Overswarm

is laughing at you
wtf @ Zen. Dude why can't you just play your normal super aggro townie self? Faking a posting restriction and crumbling and stopping after OS questions you once? Then you go ahead and start buddying him by calling his "Jester play" a town tell? wtfamireading.jpg
Careful, Flame.

Rockin

Juggies <3
BRoomer
Mafia Royal Sleepover list

Kuz (2) - Gova, Dark Horse

Chibo (1) - Tom

Tom (1) - J

Dark Horse (1) - Kuz

Zen (2) - Chibo, OS

Mentosman (1) - Frozenflame

Not Voting - X1-12, Gheb, J, Zen, Adumb

Deadline is in Thursday, Feb 3rd, 2011. It takes 7/13 votes to lynch.

#HBC | Dark Horse

Mach-Hommy x Murakami
Lol.

Gheb, I had a suspicion at zen for a while now, just wanted to make sure I wasnt accidentally quickhammering. If I had been keeping track of the votes, my vote would have happened back on my post right after zen's "watch me ignore you guys" post

#HBC | Dark Horse

Mach-Hommy x Murakami
Chibo, I'm cautious when it's comes to this.

@Gheb

1. Pressure for him so he can shape up.

2. If he doesnt, get him lynched

#HBC | Dark Horse

Mach-Hommy x Murakami
In genera, I read villans maf just to look at the roles used. Sometimes I just find random games in the archives to look at the role pms. I have no idea why I keep viewing them.

Though I haven't looked there in a while...

Overswarm

is laughing at you
kuz, state if you have a posting restriction.

Or don't write in italics.

Or, since it is possible you can't state if you have a posting restriction, capitalize exactly 3 letters and no more in your next post.

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
More when I get back but...

"Since most of us will agree on me being the play (by us I mean town hall, I will ignore any cases made on me and instread use the rest of the day to scumhunt. Once it's agreed that we take this course of action, those who are voting me should be considered scum for laying their vote on the already decided lynch and wasting our time to actually catch scum. The final 2 irl days or when there is no more to get from the day, we will then bring back whatever votes necessary to lynch. A day before this I will begin to defend against any reasons as to avoid a messy last minute lynch. For now we shall use the day to catch scum. I'm not going to waste our time against ignorance who believe that my actions actually pinpoint me as scum when in actuallity it is a null tell as I start every game with such harshness. (Well actually I've yet to do so as scum, but from the perspective of the ignorant, it can be considered null.)

Those who will be in favor of lynching me:

Tom
DH
OS
Adum
Chibo
Mentos
FF (Maybe. Depends on his alignment)

X1 could be swayed. Kuz will only do so as town. If he is scum he will not. Town Kuz goes either way. J depends on alignment. Gheb wont. Gova ont unless feeling the need to prove something.

So again if it's decided on this plan I will ignore the cases made on my townie actions and use the day for catching scum and at the end of the day we will lynch me. I do this because I have having to defend myself as town over something so blatant and in which I simply disagree over in terms of what's of worth. Scum will just keep bringing up the same point over and over and town will follow. It's bothersome and a waste of time. However if I'm wrong and most (those who haven't posted do not agree with this plan, then I will disregard and play the day as normal, and having time wasted on me.

All in favor of the plan say cake"
I think you're ignoring the actual issues, namely that you were calling for a massclaim so early.

Rather then surrendering, why don't you, you know defend against the scum case? Going aggro suggests you're pro-town GENERALLY. Tom is not the kind of player that getting a mislynch on is easy even though your case is just as vacuous as in the place that doesn't exist.

Giving up like this, I'm not sure what that entails.

Question though, why'd you plop me into the "will be in favor of lynching you" pile?

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
It seems that recently people have come to think that assuming an erratic, guru-like play style is pro-town because it confuses people and "demasks" more genuine emotions. X1 did it in Youtube Memes but I don't think it's effective...it worked this one time because Kuz was a new player then but now it's just annoying and won't help anyone. Actually, it takes really little commitment and is completely impossible to work with later in the game so I'm going to treat Zen's play as null - there's no commitment in his game but no gain either.
It doesn't make sense for town to play.

But it sure as hell doesn't make sense for scum to play either.

People should ignore it. I mean I do understand Tom when he complains about Zen speaking for him. Tom has always been his own character so it doesn't surprise me. I still feel the need to stay that making something useless the center of our talk will not yield useful results either.
If you keep on feeding him with responses you will give him the feeling that he's successful. If you want to stop that, stop giving responses. It will amount the same in the end.

To be honest, I don't think I've actually gained a legit read out of these interactions. I have some vague reads but they are coming from somewhere else and I hope all this talk abound Zen will not subdue other avenues of discussion.

Hi guys.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
Cool, we have a posting restriction.

Zen started to have a posting restriction, then didn't. No warning for breaking it, no note on the votecount, etc.

It's possible some people haev abilities that can only be used if they don't break their posting restrictions, or maybe Zen didn't have a posting restriction, or maybe Zen was scum and was given special information like "posting restrictions exist in this game". Regardless, keep a note of any sort of irregularity.

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
Technically we don't specifically have a posting restriction in play. He could still be lying. Not that I'm not willing to believe him, because I am, but there is still a level of trust involved. It's no different that deciding whether or not to trust someone's claim. We don't know if he/she is lying till a flip and in this situation, we don't know until we see a penalty or not when breaking said restriction. I don't want him to purposely break the italics restriction, just saying.

I want to start branching off of this Zen case a little bit, but it's still a good basis for other discussion. Since I'm willing to bet that the majority of people are against his play so far, I will instead ask, is anyone here willing to defend Zen for such play, or think it is a town/null tell?

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
And who was that aimed at/what was the purpose of that Gheb?
It was aimed at everybody because everybody is talking about the same thing ... and the purpose is to make people realize that we probably won't achieve anything helpful the way we're playing right now. I mean, I explain how it's pointless to keep talking about it and that it's best to treat it as null.

Then DH chimes in and slaps a vote on him and adum quotes Zen making him the talk again. As if I never made that post or didn't have a point - am I invisible or what?

#HBC | Dark Horse

Mach-Hommy x Murakami
X1, if you want me to die because I'm voting zen, then why not target chibo and OS, who are also voting zen.

Why have you yet to have given a reason as to why I should die?

Gheb, why do you not think that, with enough pressure, we could get zen to actually play to his wincon? Why do you not consider the possibility that zen could be WIOMING scum?

Kuz, when are you going to say something worthwhile?

X1-12

Smash Champion
X1, if you want me to die because I'm voting zen, then why not target chibo and OS, who are also voting zen.

Why have you yet to have given a reason as to why I should die?

Gheb, why do you not think that, with enough pressure, we could get zen to actually play to his wincon? Why do you not consider the possibility that zen could be WIOMING scum?

Kuz, when are you going to say something worthwhile?
#143.

the censored word is pu$sy, incase you didn't get it

Top Bottom