• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Make Your Move 3.0: It's over, it's done, moving on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MasterWarlord

Smash Champion
Not wasting countless hours on a 10 man community
Pokey's as bad *** as you can get in the mother series without being the embodiment of evil known as Giygas, so yes. Link me his moveset? If you haven't had a moveset repped in my SSE yet (Which you haven't), you get extra points. Toon Ganondorf was to represent Dakurai (Not that the moveset was bad by any means, he just made no requests and I couldn't find a place for him earlier.), for example. *Makes note of smasherk's name*

And yes, these are movesets that aren't already in my SSE. Each of my chapters have gotten longer each installment, and this one should be no exception, considering you're going to play as all the characters ultimately, including Dracula himself.

MasterWarlord

Smash Champion
How come everything awesome I post is always doomed to be at the bottom of the page?

;_;
I actually considered putting in your Trident Ganondorf moveset over Toon Ganondorf in my SSE due to liking the actual character better, but the Toon Ganondorf moveset was better done and I believe Darkurai, who has major seniority in these topics and is decently well known, deserves representation.

PKSkyler

Smash Lord

Agi

Smash Lord
Hmm... after my Marvin the Paranoid Android moveset, methinks I'll do New Age Retro Hippie.

and... 500TH POST!!!

now I'm... an apprentice? ;_;

Agi

Smash Lord
New age retro hippie was my absolute fave EB enemy, and I haven't seen a moveset for him yet. Looking forward to making it; expect lots of toothbrush and ruler usage.

(Off topic: I see that you are coming up on a landmark post yourself, PKSkyler. ^_^)

smashbot226

Smash Master
Are those just the bad***es that haven't already appeared in your SSE. Because if they aren't then you are forgetting:

Sauron
Dracula
Ashencroft
And others

Has Xemnas been in your SSE yet. You might want to consider him.

Edit:
I wish I could say Squall Leonhart... but that was one of the worst movesets I have judged in this entire contest.
Sol Badguy is also badass. Seriously, he's one cool dude. As is Yoda.

But if you want a REAL badass, it's between Astaroth, Sauron, or Xemnas.

But I'd have to go with Smashbot226.

c wut i did thar

Hyper_Ridley

Smash Champion
Shadow at least has some effort into it, give that guy a break.
You weren't here when it was first posted. It started out as another "lulz I'll just vaguely say what the move does" 'sets. It's okay now, though.

@KOJ: Very nice Fatman move set. He's basically the ultimate "hit and run" character.

MasterWarlord

Smash Champion
Sol Badguy is also badass. Seriously, he's one cool dude. As is Yoda.

But if you want a REAL badass, it's between Astaroth, Sauron, or Xemnas.

But I'd have to go with Smashbot226.

c wut i did thar
I've already used Astaroth and Yoda. . .But the motives of said bad ***** can't be too much on the good side, so if I hadn't used Yoda yet he wouldn't be allowed. They don't have to be evil, they just can't be goody goodys for what I need them to do. Rest assured though, Astaroth will finally come back along with Voldo, Zora Soldier and Krystal this chapter. Think of their role like that of Dedede, Luigi, and Ness in the real SSE, but with more emphasis on that section.

I'll try and see if any of your other movesets would work, but I'm not promising I'm going to use any of them. I've already gotten 3 of your movesets in there.

I'm considering Gray Fox from Mendez or perhaps even Master Hand from Blitzkrieg, considering those two people could use more representation in my SSE. Can you picture Master Hand being treated as a character with a serious non boss role, or is that too awkward?

You got any movesets you think would fit the role, HyperRidley? I'm not too famaliar with your collection.

I'll also consider Eggman from Koj/Spadefox, seeing as that lets me give another moveset to two people.

Chief Mendez

Smash Master
Junahu said:
I've been working on a moveset for an original character, and I'm wondering exactly when this.. erm... contest, closes. It'd be nice if I don't miss the closing date. Very nice.
It ends when October ends. Simple.

REMEMBER THIS PEOPLE: After October 31st, you can't submit anymore movesets. ...Well, you technically can, but they won't be considered as part of this contest, so you'd be better off saving them for a theoretical MYM 4, if that actually happens.

@KoJ: Fatman's the second coolest member of Dead Cell (Fortune ftw), and Sons of Liberty is my favorite MGS, so I automatically love him just by the concept alone. But a quick two things:

1. LOLNOGUNSINSMASHBROS

2. He wouldn't be able to lay a Time Bomb while moving, since that'd trigger his Side Special instead. Even if you were to say "that doesn't apply to fatman", then you'd have a character who has a hard time using his Side Special. :ohwell:

@SkylerOcon: YAY TRIDENT OF POW--O SNAP. "Gerudo Trident" Wha?

Anyway. I like the idea of color coding an attack's speed, but it's very confusing, visually. Also regular Ganondorf's stats are really, really weird. As fast as Captain Falcon? Faster than Fox? RIDICULOUS, SAYS I.

Also I don't see too much, or any, attacks inspired by what Tridentdorf actually does in the battles where he wields the Trident of Power--namely, teleporting, spinning the weapon in a circle, throwing it while it's spinning in a boomerang-like fashion, and sending out little demons made of fire that spin in a constantly-growing circle pattern.

EDIT - Oh, and as I was doing a few things on my review blog, I realized that I'm only about 1/7th of the way through this topic, and there's only a month left of submitting time. So basically, how would you all feel if I took some pages out of some of my reviewing peers and shifted to "request = review" mode? It would certainly save me time, and I wouldn't have to spend all of November catching up with this topic...

P.S. My moveset review schedule's better now. Check the intro page of t3h blog for more.

MasterWarlord

Smash Champion

REMEMBER THIS PEOPLE: After October 31st, you can't submit anymore movesets. ...Well, you technically can, but they won't be considered as part of this contest, so you'd be better off saving them for a theoretical MYM 4, if that actually happens.
That's what I thought. But. . .As for MYM 4, it's the same logic as Smash 4. It'd be stupid not to do another one, as this thing is just evolving further and further. We're all getting more skilled off of each other. If you guys don't wanna host another one, blitzkrieg, sirkibble, mendez. . .I guess I won't have much choice, now will I? I'm not going to let this one peaceful, casual yet intelligent and eye opening topic die off of Smashboards. If this dies, I have no reason to stay here. Hell, I'm gonna have problems staying active on Smashboards even with the brief down time it'll have.

And Mendez, I think I speak for all of us when I think you're probably the most suited one to host it. It's just a matter of your time and willingness to do so. I am starting to get scared about this potetionally not going on though. . .

EDIT - Oh, and as I was doing a few things on my review blog, I realized that I'm only about 1/7th of the way through this topic, and there's only a month left of submitting time. So basically, how would you all feel if I took some pages out of some of my reviewing peers and shifted to "request = review" mode? It would certainly save me time, and I wouldn't have to spend all of November catching up with this topic...
I think that would be for the best. I noticed that a good portion of the reviews I was doing when I was going in a set order people didn't care about, as they had long been abandoned. Parin, Joker, Darth Vader are prime examples of this. If the people actually care enough to have their movesets rated, they'll ask you. If they don't care, their movesets probably aren't top 50 quality anyway.

@Koj's Fatman:

I've actually read the thing now, and my expectations of a follow up to Gecko Moria were certainly not misplaced. I love the moveset so far, the detail's astounding and seems to leave Moria in the dust. Can't wait to see this one completed. Movesets like these are what motivate me to put the quality into my own. I really like the trip wire bombs and time bombs in particular. I think a expanded play style section may be necessary to explain how it all balances out, as he has terrible recovery while having controversial running speed, weight and massive mindgames. I'm not sure how it'd all work out when put together, mind explaining?

Chief Mendez

Smash Master
MasterWarlord said:
I think I speak for all of us when I think you're probably the most suited one to host it. It's just a matter of your time and willingness to do so. I am starting to get scared about this potetionally not going on though. . .
Awwwww, stop, yer' makin' me blush! :estatic:

...But I don't want to get ahead of ourselves. Until this one's all tied up, who runs the next one or if there will be a next one (which, I agree, is probably a foregone conclusion) isn't really a candidate for serious discussion.

TWILTHERO

Smash Lord
Wha-? October? Does that mean i have to finish my SSE in a month now? lol.

OK, since you guys are requesting reviews, i can haz Sagi or Leonardo reviewed? lol

Chief Mendez

Smash Master
Wha-? October? Does that mean i have to finish my SSE in a month now? lol.
You can still post SSEs after the submission deadline passes, since they're not being voted on.

This thread probably won't be closed until around the end of November, so you've really got more like two months to finish up SSEs based on MYM 3.

OK, since you guys are requesting reviews, i can haz Sagi or Leonardo reviewed? lol
1. Technically I haven't actually started doing things like that yet...

2. ...And if I had, I most certainly wouldn't want people asking for reviews in the thread. If I do switch modes...that's what blog comments are for, right?

:054:

SirKibble

Smash Champion
Music to my ears, every time I hear it. :)

That's what I thought. But. . .As for MYM 4, it's the same logic as Smash 4. It'd be stupid not to do another one, as this thing is just evolving further and further. We're all getting more skilled off of each other. If you guys don't wanna host another one, blitzkrieg, sirkibble, mendez. . .I guess I won't have much choice, now will I? I'm not going to let this one peaceful, casual yet intelligent and eye opening topic die off of Smashboards. If this dies, I have no reason to stay here. Hell, I'm gonna have problems staying active on Smashboards even with the brief down time it'll have.

And Mendez, I think I speak for all of us when I think you're probably the most suited one to host it. It's just a matter of your time and willingness to do so. I am starting to get scared about this potetionally not going on though. . .
Rest assured, it will happen. For the record, if no one decidedly better can and will run it, I will be more than happy to.

...But I don't want to get ahead of ourselves. Until this one's all tied up, who runs the next one or if there will be a next one (which, I agree, is probably a foregone conclusion) isn't really a candidate for serious discussion.
*nods emphatically*

Anyway, I must be infecting you guys with my estrogen and that's why everyone's so pissy.
Nah, it's just that time of month...

Nonsense! We've all had our shots (right?). We're totally immune to estrogen. :bee:
Shots?!?! Um... Um... Mighta had a few last night... Dunno... It's all kind of a blur, know what I mean?

This thread probably won't be closed until around the end of November, so you've really got more like two months to finish up SSEs based on MYM 3.
The MYM 2.0 thread was closed minutes after we opened this one, so I'd expect a similar situation from 3.0 to 4.0. You'll have the voting time, the results time, and some downtime while MYM 4.0 gets all figured out to finish up SSEs. Besides, it's not like everything has to be finished when the thread closes. Anybody remember 2.0's Dojo? I think it still has three characters on it.
Hi, GCM.

PS: I'm psychotic, and am still doing reviews for every moveset. . .because I'm psychotic. Don't ask for a review, you won't get it. At least, not right away. Ask the rest of these guys if you want a review soon. I want to actually go through the entire topic. Why? Because I can! And more importantly, because I want to pick up on anything that people have done in any movesets that I may be able to use for suggestions and references (both good and bad) for the future.

dancingfrogman

Smash Ace
Switch FC
3133 8842 3910
Haha, I would've liked people to review my massive Tails moveset (as it has, like 5 times moar detail than all my other movesets :) which I just admit i'm proud of, I put lots of detail into it :p)... it's just that... I need to do his "other attacks" (just guess what his Final smash is and does) section and his extras! and I think it's going to be my best yet :), I'll ask for requests after it's finished.

smashbot226

Smash Master

[/SPOILER]
EPISODE OF "DAYS OF TABUU!"

-------------
Stage: Flagship/Subspace
Played As: Dracula, Reaper, Gigan, Cop, Olympic Man, Bear Minimum, Voldo, Jade, Teigen
Played Against: Primids, Sandbag, Mama Luigi, Jeff Hardy, Beauty & the Beast Unit, LOLCat, Tabuu
Music:

(Part 1 Unleashed): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5M566I6rWKk- 02 Theme
(Part 2 Fighting the Slaves): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m5TzC1pcOjo&feature=related- 02 Theme (Brawl)
(Part 3): Enter Subspace-): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UJUVtdZdFXM&feature=related- Subspace
(Part 4 Tabuu): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=trRVQepf0iQ&feature=related- Boss Theme 2

DESCRIPTION:

Dracula, Bear Minimum, Gigan, and two other villains that haven't been defeated stand before their table. A man in a tank top and another with a police officer's uniform on suggest, on a blackboard, that they take down Tabuu.

OLYMPIC MAN.

COP.

Bear Minimum suggests to wait for the time, as does Gigan, but Dracula...

All he does is wait. And he rises from his seat, declaring Tabuu to be destroyed. They enter the giant Flagship from their portal, minions and other such ready, as Tabuu prepares a Subspace Army for them, apparently aware of Dracula's true intentions. Tabuu then enters Subspace and leaves the starting six to fend off one hundred Primids.

Acts as a multi-man match, with ALL your six characters versus one hundred Primids. Defeat them, using great skill and patience, to continue across the Flagship, fending off many more Primids, up to fifty in total, until you get to the Subspace Gate.

Five people appear to stop you- the same slaves that were defeated ago and another- Sandbag, Jeff Hardy, LOLCat, B&B Unit, & Mama Luigi. However, Voldo & his newly brainwashed Jade appear and help the tired fighters. Defeat the five fighters with five of your own to win, and enter Subspace...

The many look around, as Olympic Man points to a glowing sphere- the source of Subspace's power.

Go through a Subspace themed level to end up at Tabuu's Helm...

Tabuu, sighs, motioning that they will only fail, gets up and prepares to blast the villains away, until-

Teigen jumps in, surprising Tabuu with a Fireball. She lands, but angers Tabuu.

You fight Tabuu with six of your chosen players. Same fight as before, except he has more health.

Defeat him, and watch him crumble away to particles, pixelating away to nothingness...

As Dracula picks up his last remaining bite and crushes it, redirecting the Flagship's course to the Temple of 1000 Years. The villain, or hero, would soon be released...

---------

Nearby, Yoda feels a disturbance in the Force inside this giant cell. Along with his students, Batman, and Bombastic Bagman, they make their way out of the cell, finding themselves on a large Flagship, with Tabuu's Symbol on it...

They're flying dangerously close to sea level, as they witness a ship fast approaching, belonging to the Sunyshore Heroes. Unbeknownst to them, however, two stragglers cling to the ship, waiting for a chance...

Not only that, but a being watches the Ship's Invaders, revealing himself for but a moment, before fading back into darkness...

GRAY FOX.

As well, the Flagship fast approaches the entrance- an underwater Water Temple, being scavenged by Zora Soldier, Isaac, Waddle Doo, Chao, & Crono. They will soon find, however, a retired villain...

It all comes to a close. Questions will be answered, and even more will be spoken.

Prepare for the Ultimate Brawl...

-------

The screen fades to a nearby pair, Peter and Arwing, who pant on a cliff, watching the heroes leave, as a familiar gangster tiger appears behind with a Private Jet, grinning...

Hyper_Ridley

Smash Champion
You got any movesets you think would fit the role, HyperRidley? I'm not too famaliar with your collection.
I'd say that either Enker (page 240) or Fulgore (page 113) would be a good fit. Enker's basically a robot that was designed simply to kill Megaman, so he is naturally able to kick much ***. Fulgore is a super fighting robot that enjoys fighting, killing, and helping Ultratech (weapons companyy) conquer the earth.

In other news, I've just got Megaman 9 today and I'm loving it. If I have time after I finish Shade, I might do one of the robot masters from that game.

cheap_josh

Smash Ace
I think it depends, if you're just going to end it right after oct 31st, or allow some time for discussion and reviews.
You'll have the voting time, the results time, and some downtime while MYM 4.0 gets all figured out to finish up SSEs.
So I agree with this

Chief Mendez

Smash Master
cheap josh said:
I think it depends, if you're just going to end it right after oct 31st, or allow some time for discussion and reviews.
The only thing that ends on October 31st is contestants' ability to submit movesets for judging. There'll be roughly a month afterward where voting, judging, and so on and so forth are conducted.

So technically MYM 3.0 doesn't have an official end point right now, which will probably be up to 'Blitzkrieg to decide on. But 10/31/08 is the final day for getting new entries into the contest, is all.

smashbot226 said:
But I really hope SOMEBODY comments on my new SSE.
Not to sound rude or anything, but I had a hard time following what was going on sometimes. It's not an issue of your writing, but rather one of your layout. I know I'm preaching to the choir here, but BBCode and colors would really make that thing easier on the eyes.

PKSkyler

Smash Lord
New age retro hippie was my absolute fave EB enemy, and I haven't seen a moveset for him yet. Looking forward to making it; expect lots of toothbrush and ruler usage.

(Off topic: I see that you are coming up on a landmark post yourself, PKSkyler. ^_^)
He`ll figure out the length of things easily! He`ll scare you with his shiny teeth!

(off topic: I know! its gotta be epic....i ll probably make sure I post it here though! :D)

Iron Thorn

Smash Lord
Going to Gamelon. I'm taking the Triforce of Spag
New SSE chapter is decently good as far as story telling is concerned. Tabuu isn't the main villian? Kudos to you. Although that doesn't make much sense seeing the SSE's called days of Tabuu. . .I also fail to see how an Arwing is capable of panting.
I was going to say something to that effect, but I decided to be a good girl and refrain.

To make this not spam, I'm tweaking Teigen's stats some, but only by some decimal points. I'll have to work more on it later, as well as Miss Eru's moveset.

TWILTHERO

Smash Lord
You can still post SSEs after the submission deadline passes, since they're not being voted on.

1. Technically I haven't actually started doing things like that yet...

2. ...And if I had, I most certainly wouldn't want people asking for reviews in the thread. If I do switch modes...that's what blog comments are for, right?

:054:
Oh okay thanks Mendez. But whats with the new font? It doesn't.....fit you? lol XD.

AVIODING SPAM: Sagi has been added with Taunts, Victory poses, and Trophies. I still needz to add the Codec, SSE role and MAYBE a stage and a assist trophy.

Chief Mendez

Smash Master
But whats with the new font? It doesn't.....fit you? lol XD.
Ugh...I guess I must have caught some kind of foreign disease...maybe some kinf of infection...

I still needz to add the Codec, SSE role and MAYBE a stage and a assist trophy.
Does he have an Item? If not, it should totally be a Blank Magnus. Throw it at someone and trap them in an item for a while, at which point you can throw them anywhere you like. The more damage they have the longer they're trapped.

Chris Lionheart

Smash Champion
I know most of the reviews by request judges would prefer a comment on their blog, but I would prefer any requests to be by pm.

When you pm me with your requests, you must send me a link to the moveset that you wish to have reviewed as well as the name of that moveset.

As Mendez said, don't spam the thread with requests.

MasterWarlord

Smash Champion
I read up on Enker, but he seems to have too much of good motives to work for my SSE. I take back what I said. . .They pretty much have to have shady/bad motives to work. Seeing the SSE role you gave him, I don't think it'd work out particularly well.

I don't need more characters at all, I'm just looking for ways to help represent people and get in a few more movesets before the SSE closes. I've managed to come up with a way to give Dracula playable time without having his power usurped from him and the SSE is already in production. I've only actually written out two levels, and seeing how this one looks like it's going to have a ridiculously massive amount of levels to give everyone screen time. . .*Shudders*

Plum sucks

SkylerOcon

Tiny Dancer
SkylerOcon: YAY TRIDENT OF POW--O SNAP. "Gerudo Trident" Wha?

Anyway. I like the idea of color coding an attack's speed, but it's very confusing, visually. Also regular Ganondorf's stats are really, really weird. As fast as Captain Falcon? Faster than Fox? RIDICULOUS, SAYS I.

Also I don't see too much, or any, attacks inspired by what Tridentdorf actually does in the battles where he wields the Trident of Power--namely, teleporting, spinning the weapon in a circle, throwing it while it's spinning in a boomerang-like fashion, and sending out little demons made of fire that spin in a constantly-growing circle pattern.[/SPOILER]
I know it's confusing visually, but I think it's the best way to represent it. Everything underlined denotes a new section and blah blah blah, I'll just make stuff more important bigger than everything else.

I've only seen videos of the game, actually. And very short clips at that. I just knew that Ganondorf used a Trident in one of his games and I was like 'I should totally do that...'

But, he does have a few spinning moves, and quite a few throwing moves (save for the spinning). I'm saving the fire keese for part of the Ganon form moveset, and this will be more true to the game because he actually fought using this in the game.

And, I'll fix the stats. I was just going for the opposite of what Ganondorf currently is, but I understand that I probably went a little bit extreme. He'll be slightly slowed and given a bit more power.

Chief Mendez

Smash Master
Iron Thorn said:
*looks at plum text and snickers*

My work here is done.
Not to worry, I keep a single-dose injector of pure testosterone (taken straight from Snake's butt!) with me at all times. I'm perfectly okay now. :bee:

ANYWAY NOW THAT THAT'S OUT OF THE WAYand I can finally stop worrying whether each post is colored or not...

@SkylerOcon: He also liked to raise his Trident above his head, and three bolts of lightning would arc down toward Link, sending him into a parallel dimension where he had to defeat a bunch of tough enemies before returning to play. Final Smash, maybe?

Also I vaguely rememer him stabbing the ground with it, and a flashing sphere would fly up a short ways before splitting into four smaller spheres that flew in random directions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom