• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Make Your Move 3.0: It's over, it's done, moving on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GreatClayMonkey

Smash Lord
Rigging the enemy base with explosives, which is l
To settle all debates, I still don't know who will host the next. As of now, I have a few I'm considering, but a decision won't be made until later. However, I know I will not be running it, that's for sure. I underestimated how hard it is to run this thing... Woof.

And it is a guy. So...

Hey, Blitzkreig, UPDATE. Yeah now you know the pain.

I also nominate R.Y.T. for the next host.
She has what it takes.

SirKibble

Smash Champion
It's a girl!!

I don't cuddle up with guys by the fire. Rule #0 (yeah, it comes before freaking 1) of Kibbledom.

And for the record, I think a panel/committee should run MYM 4.0. Not one man and his group of judges, but a committee that actually runs it. That way, we could divide up the workload a bit, because seriously, this is way too much for any one man to handle. That's what she said.

GreatClayMonkey

Smash Lord
University education prepped me for just such an occasion. Plus I'm on holiday and have nothing better to do.
Holy crap! I jiust looked at and its amazing to say the least. Well I guess the least would be to say it's terrible and worthless and you should feel ashamed...but it's not...soooooo I won't say that.

EDIT: I agree with Kibble on that. I also think that while keeping a topic here we should make a new place on the net to host ourselves. This is merely a suggestion though.

half_silver28

Smash Ace
@GCM: so.............. when will that MYM 2.0 site finish itself? u know, that u started yrs ago?? lol
... & that 'MYM' moveset thingy? & the MYM 2.0 dance party???? ..... btw, I can't wait for soda & pie tag team XD

@CB: [sarcasm] THAT is the pain that u shall soon face..... from everyone [/sarcasm] :laugh:

@smashbot: the bar's been set high for ur SSE finale. I'm hoping for epic win :)

GreatClayMonkey

Smash Lord
@GCM: so.............. when will that MYM 2.0 site finish itself? u know, that u started yrs ago?? lol
... & that 'MYM' moveset thingy? & the MYM 2.0 dance party???? ..... btw, I can't wait for soda & pie tag team XD

@CB: [sarcasm] THAT is the pain that u shall soon face..... from everyone [/sarcasm] :laugh:

@smashbot: the bar's been set high for ur SSE finale. I'm hoping for epic win :)
Uh Not yet to dangerous... gotta uh clear the landing pad first and uh um there is no any of those things only Zule and um uh well uh THE.

cheap_josh

Smash Ace
EDIT: I agree with Kibble on that. I also think that while keeping a topic here we should make a new place on the net to host ourselves. This is merely a suggestion though.
Not a bad idea, I got a hookup for some solid webhosting but I'd need a domain name to use for it.

edit - come to think of it though, remove mym from Smashboards and it'll die most likely.

SirKibble

Smash Champion
ZULE!!

But seriously, that MYM moveset still has to be made. The Dojo... Well, I got over the Dojo a while back, but I want a move!

GreatClayMonkey

Smash Lord
Not a bad idea, I got a hookup for some solid webhosting but I'd need a domain name to use for it.
I think rather than a website we should use a forum. I can make one provided no one else can make a better one. Which I assume there is someone.

ZULE!!

But seriously, that MYM moveset still has to be made. The Dojo... Well, I got over the Dojo a while back, but I want a move!
YES!!! You got the refrence.
Curse you people asking me to follow through on my promises.

TWILTHERO

Smash Lord
*yawns* WTF? I got to sleep for 1 hour and there's another page already. lol

I think you guys are thinking about MYM 4.0 kinda too early. It's still like 1 month away lol.

Plus who the heck is R.Y.T?.....................................ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Plus suhweet!!! 900 posts :bee:

cheap_josh

Smash Ace
I think you guys are thinking about MYM 4.0 kinda too early. It's still like 1 month away lol.
Yeah I posted some thoughts on our moving-ahead-too-muchness on the social group.
Plus who the heck is R.Y.T?.....................................ohhhhhh hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
For reals though, who is that?

SirKibble

Smash Champion
R.Y.T. is my friend who's helping me with evaluations.

Don't listen to Sundance. He knows nothing. When have you ever met a text-based girl named Bubba? Seriously...

SirKibble

Smash Champion
In your evaluation chamber.

(Ok, I'll drop it now...XD)
10 points for being clever
-10 points because you haven't actually met her
-25 points because R.Y.T. told me to take 25 points away from you
25 points for dropping it now

Well, at least you broke even.

TWILTHERO

Smash Lord
Don't listen to Sundance. He knows nothing. When have you ever met a text-based girl named Bubba? Seriously...
A.K.A. Sirkibble has no life:bee:

Avewding spam: Expect my next chapter tomorror for my SSE.

Oh god......Mendez is so frigging close to reviewing Sagi.........crap................

Junahu

Smash Ace
Holy crap Junahu, the downloadable OC character screen is freakin' amazing! Keep up the good work!

And on a note of OCs, Jeffery's aerials are finished, with more coming tomorrow. As always, comments are highly appreciated.

http://www.smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=5441065&postcount=4909
You hardly had to post a link to Beast Trio. My app will tell me where to look.

Either way, I'm simply too busy now, TRAWLING PAGE BY PAGE THROUGH THIS NIGHTMARE OF A THREAD (I'm only up to page 38)

Meadow

Smash Apprentice
...I'm almost done with my Bard moveset. Ugh, I keep thinking that I'll finally be done, but then I get another idea to put something else in and then it takes forever for me to type it all up...hopefully I'll get it finished by Sunday.

So, the contest ends on Halloween? Seems like an awkward time to end it, but sure, I don't really mind. Will R.Y.T. make another appearance in MYM 4.0?

MasterWarlord

Smash Champion
Not wasting countless hours on a 10 man community
I'm firmly against moving this place away from Smashboards. It will kill off our supply of newcomers, and I believe I can speak for all of us when I say that the most recent additions are most welcome additions to our community. While you might like to think we'll all stay here in this thread for ages to come, it's inevitable that a large portion of us will drop out, even if we do eventually come back. Newcomers are needed to keep this thread rolling along at the godly pace it does.

What would we gain from having our own site? Really now, I don't find it worth the effort to register an account at a different place to kill off newcomers as well as probably having a worse interface, more lag, and no more new people coming in.

The idea of a board of people is a much better idea then leaving it to one person alone. There are too many different opinions on the movesets for just one person to have the final say.

I nominate Mendez to make the MYM moveset!
*Gets shot by mendez*

SirKibble

Smash Champion
Yeah I'll drop it now.

ANYWAY, anyone else wanna make the MYM moveset. I could do it but it would be based more on MYM 2 than 3. Because of this I think someone else should do it.
Yeah, that's a good point... I hope you're planning to actually be around for MYM 4, though.

So, the contest ends on Halloween? Seems like an awkward time to end it, but sure, I don't really mind. Will R.Y.T. make another appearance in MYM 4.0?
We're only ending it then because it's the end of the month.

And as far as I know, R.Y.T. has no other plans, so I think she'll be with us for MYM 4.0.

I'm firmly against moving this place away from Smashboards. It will kill off our supply of newcomers, and I believe I can speak for all of us when I say that the most recent additions are most welcome additions to our community. While you might like to think we'll all stay here in this thread for ages to come, it's inevitable that a large portion of us will drop out, even if we do eventually come back. Newcomers are needed to keep this thread rolling along at the godly pace it does.

What would we gain from having our own site? Really now, I don't find it worth the effort to register an account at a different place to kill off newcomers as well as probably having a worse interface, more lag, and no more new people coming in.
Hmm... *nods*

The idea of a board of people is a much better idea then leaving it to one person alone. There are too many different opinions on the movesets for just one person to have the final say.
Exactly. I really think the potential board/committee/panel is pretty well-defined already, too...

*Gets shot by mendez*
lolboomheadshot

GreatClayMonkey

Smash Lord

*Gets shot by mendez*
I agree with you but here is my suggestion. A seprate forum, which are fairly easy to make, for simple orginization purposes. Then it would be easy to do a quick search to find the moveset your looking for and to scoll through a large number of them without lots of text in between. Also I do plan to stick around.

cheap_josh

Smash Ace
I agree with you but here is my suggestion. A seprate forum, which are fairly easy to make, for simple orginization purposes. Then it would be easy to do a quick search to find the moveset your looking for and to scoll through a large number of them without lots of text in between. Also I do plan to stick around.
I think it'd be better to just have the OP have links to movesets in the list.
Perhaps a joint account for the OP so everybody can edit.

Chief Mendez

Smash Master
Geez, I leave for like, a few hours, and you all fill up ten freaking pages...

MasterWarlord said:
@Metal Gear Solid 2: Wow. . .This game starts slowly. . .Long *** opening cutscene, took forever to figure out how to get past the doors with lasers, and the "boss" against the russian chick was lame and forced me to use the awkward controls. Now I'm stuck taking photos of Metal Gear Ray - Where the hell is "MARINES" written on the giant mech? And does the game get better?
Olga was easy...unless you forgot to shoot out the spotllight and cut the ropes of the tarp. In which case you weren't paying attention anyway.

You only need one shot of the MARINES logo, which is on RAY's left leg. You also need a frontal shot, a front-left shot, and a front-right shot. I'd advise you to make a separate save in that room though, because there's no end to the fun one can have messing with the marines in assembly, and sending Otacon pictures of the centerfolds in the lockers or crotch shots of the marines is quite fun (also: slide projector for the win).

Plus I actually made the game crash once by using Stun Grenades on the marines. ^.^

And the game gets going once Raiden shows up, and Dead Cell's introduced. Which happens in like, five minutes after you get those pictures to Otacon.

TWILTHERO said:
A.K.A. Sirkibble has no life :bee:
This is news to somebody? I thought that was a given...

MasterWarlord said:

This. Even making separate forums is a bad idea, because then you have to have a certain few people maintain them.

If all we want is some sort of external organization source, a simple blog would fulfill that purpose much better.

*Gets shot by mendez*
D*mn straight, b*tch. :bee:

I'm not around often enough to absorb all the dense viscera of this thread and interpret it into a moveset. No, I'll stick to reviews and regular movests for the time being, thankee very much.

GreatClayMonkey said:
All we need to rectify that issue is an OP who cares about us.
*gets shot by 'Blitzkrieg*

LUVTOY77-ROGUE WIREFRAME

Smash Champion
Who is diong request move set reviews??

for my MEWTWO moveset:

Would Future Sight in combination with Psychic make him have too much of an advantage? While holding your opponent (they CAN struggle free) with psychic after using future sight, you could ensure they are hit by FUTURE SIGHT.

Although you can do this by grabbing as well--does thta give him an unfair advantage?

Chief Mendez

Smash Master
Who is diong request move set reviews??
Currently, I believe the following people are taking requests for individual movesets:

>Myself
>MasterWarlord
>Chris Lionheart
>Spadefox
>Technically SirKibble, but check his website before PM'ing him about it

If I missed anyone...well, sorry.

Watchful_Eye said:
Has anyone already made a moveset for "Ramirez" (1st form) of "Skies of Arcadia"?
Not in this contest so far. It's possible he was already made in MYM 1 or 2, but as long as you don't go back and look for him and copy off of an already-done 'set (if one even exists), you'll be fine doing him again.

SirKibble

Smash Champion
Currently, I believe the following people are taking requests for individual movesets:

>Myself
>MasterWarlord
>Chris Lionheart
>Spadefox
>Technically SirKibble, but check his website before PM'ing him about it
As far as that goes, everyone can think of it like this:

If you want feedback on your movesets so you can touch them up and fix any little problems with them, go to the other guys. Don't post in here about it, though; request the review in the way the reviewer prefers.

If you're done making changes to your movesets and want an opinion on your general performance in MYM 3.0, shoot me a PM. This should be especially helpful for those of you who plan on participating in MYM 4.0, as you'll know your general strengths and weaknesses and all that junk.

How long it takes me to review you depends on how many movesets you have, and how long said movesets are. I should be done reviewing cheap_josh sometime later today or tomorrow, and Mendez is the only other person who's requested a review so far.
I expect reviewing him will take longer. . .
I trust the only reason I don't have more reviewees in queue is that you're all touching up your movesets. . .right?

Gryphon

Smash Journeyman

Impa, the Last Shiekah

Ok, I am doing this on behalf of Heartz who know longer dwells on the internet. Impa was introduced in The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time. She was the caretaker of Zelda every since she was a baby. Impa is also the last Shiekah in present-day Hyrule. She is very devoted to serving the kingdom, though she does it in the shadows. Shiekahs practice ninjutsu-like arts, from shurikens and kunais, to smoke bombs and arrows. Her probability of being a possible Smash brawler is extremely low, but Heartz and I believe that she deserves somewhat recognition for raising our favorite video game princess.

We assumed that Impa would have a moveset somewhat similar to Shiek's, kind of like Wolf does from Fox/Falco. She would have a much higher KO percentage than Shiek, but her agility wouldn't be the same. As you can tell from the picture, she wields what looks like a tanto, or small katana. This can be included in her non-special attacks. Now, we ALL know that Impa has several forms throughout the Zelda series, which is one of the barriers that prevent Impa's possible appearance in a Smash game.

I am just posting to let you guys know that we are working on the moveset, and just to give you guys something to look out for in the near future, possibly tomorrow.

P.S. We are also working on one more character, but I won't spoil it for you guys yet. lol

MasterWarlord

Smash Champion
Not wasting countless hours on a 10 man community
Heartz no longer dwells on the internet? Wha? Since when? She's like the only chick here besides Iron Thorn!

Bean by dancingfrogman has been reviewed on my blog. . . .It was suppossed to be yesterday's review. I'll go around to today's review, Noxus, later today.

The Moveset Reviews

@Metal Gear Solid 2: I was barely used to the controls during the Olga fight. Was still learning. "O" being the confirmation button is weird as crap. And yeah. . .It took me forever to shoot out the light, and I ended up eventually doing so by accident >.>. Still, I never lost, I cheaply always hid and crouched to stop the bleeding and regenerate health. I got the 3 main shots of RAY, just not the marine logo. I'll go play it some more today. . .

Speaking of Raiden, every time I hear his name mentioned on the internet they hate him. Any reason in particular, or will I see in game?

*Goes to send crotch and locker shots to otacon*

Gryphon

Smash Journeyman
Heartz no longer dwells on the internet? Wha? Since when? She's like the only chick here besides Iron Thorn!
Something important came up in her life and she can't let petty activities get in the way. It was a hard decision, but she knew what had to be done. She leaves for Virginia tomorrow. I is all alone now...

On a happy note, is my entry too late for MYM? Or is it ok to reserve?

SirKibble

Smash Champion
Entries are still being accepted for the whole month of October. There's no need to reserve, though, just make the characters. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom