• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Make Your Move 3.0: It's over, it's done, moving on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hyper_Ridley

Smash Champion
Out of curiosity, has anyone done a Grimer moveset? Isn't he sort of a god like creature at smash boards?
(Also, one comment on my Zero? I think even sucky movesets get more attention than that...>.>)
Don't worry, we've already confirmed that bad move sets get more attention than ones that have effort put into them.

@MasterWorlord: I just finished reading your SSE ending. I love it! You gave all of the characters a role and the ending cutscene was cool. However, I have one complaint:

71 characters, and you should expect to be at your last one on NORMAL?!? Tabuu on intense takes about 10 minutes with 6 characters, you're final boss is gonna take about an hour on normal, seriously, that crosses the lines between "epic" and "tedious".

Other than that, the rest of it wasvery well done, I just think you were trying too hard to make the final battle "uber awesome every character teams up epic".

KingK.Rool

Smash Lord
Out of curiosity, has anyone done a Grimer moveset? Isn't he sort of a god like creature at smash boards?
(Also, one comment on my Zero? I think even sucky movesets get more attention than that...>.>)
My GOD! Yes, yes, yes. Grimer must be done, and soon. If you decide not to make one, Shadow, I'll take the job!

To elaborate on my earlier comment, Zero's pretty good, with lots of creative attacks, interesting playstyle, and plenty of juicy extras. Detail on attacks is the only real flaw, and that's not too major.

Yeah, some sets don't get much attention. My Squeak Squad got, like, three comments (thanks MasterWarlord), and it's HUUUUUGE. Check it out? Anyone?

I've been working on Jimmy T. I'm on the Smashes. Then Aerials, Throws, and Extras.

Shadow5567

Smash Journeyman
My GOD! Yes, yes, yes. Grimer must be done, and soon. If you decide not to make one, Shadow, I'll take the job!

To elaborate on my earlier comment, Zero's pretty good, with lots of creative attacks, interesting playstyle, and plenty of juicy extras. Detail on attacks is the only real flaw, and that's not too major.

Yeah, some sets don't get much attention. My Squeak Squad got, like, three comments (thanks MasterWarlord), and it's HUUUUUGE. Check it out? Anyone?

I've been working on Jimmy T. I'm on the Smashes. Then Aerials, Throws, and Extras.
Yea, sure, you can do him KKR

(Also, since I don't really find this secret worthy, I'm a big Rikku fan so no one makes a moveset for her but me! Oh and can someone get me a decent full body pic. of her from FF10 all I can find is poorly drawn images or FF10-2 Images...)

Hyper_Ridley

Smash Champion
Jimmy T from WarioWare? I'll look fowards to it.

And here's something for Squak Squad: Nice! Only complaint I have is that Storo -> Spinni would get on my nerves after a while, but otherwise it's great.

Mardyke

Smash Journeyman
Zero could use a bit more detail, but otherwise he's fine. My biggest gripe is the level which he needs to be at to change form; realistically you're not going to make it to 400% EVER without being whacked by a fan in Sudden Death, which defeats the purpose of having such a handy improvement. There doesn't seem to be anything to guarantee he'll even stick around for that long, either.
It need some flexibility, y'know?

Shadow5567

Smash Journeyman
Zero could use a bit more detail, but otherwise he's fine. My biggest gripe is the level which he needs to be at to change form; realistically you're not going to make it to 400% EVER without being whacked by a fan in Sudden Death, which defeats the purpose of having such a handy improvement. There doesn't seem to be anything to guarantee he'll even stick around for that long, either.
Oh right, in my last moveset for him I ubered him so I toned him down and just sort of over looked that fact... I'll bring back something to tone down his new feature though... There all fixed, see his stats for details

KingK.Rool

Smash Lord
Jimmy T from WarioWare? I'll look fowards to it.

And here's something for Squak Squad: Nice! Only complaint I have is that Storo -> Spinni would get on my nerves after a while, but otherwise it's great.
Hopefully I shall not disappoint. And thanks for the comment.

Yea, sure, you can do him KKR
Yeeeees! This will be my next project. Oooh, all sorts of delicious ideas present themselves!

Hyper_Ridley

Smash Champion
Oh right, in my last moveset for him I ubered him so I toned him down and just sort of over looked that fact... I'll bring back something to tone down his new feature though... There all fixed, see his stats for details
Um... Abosolute Zero seems kind of broken. He takes no knockback? So if you get him to 400% you auto loose?

Shadow5567

Smash Journeyman
Um... Abosolute Zero seems kind of broken. He takes no knockback? So if you get him to 400% you auto loose?
At 400% you stop recieving knockback but at 500% Zero self destructs and looses a life and reverts to normal, so it isn't that bad, but do you think I should tone it down to 450% for the SD? (Oh, an just in case this wasn't assumed, you do revert back once your Percentage falls under the needed percentage)

(Also, is it ok if our original characters images are pre existing characters? I'm really struggling thinking something up for my new one...>.>)

MasterWarlord

Smash Champion
Not wasting countless hours on a 10 man community
@HyperRidley: You do make a decent point on the final boss. I generally make my descriptions for the hardest difficulty FYI, so picture that as Intense mode. I'd probably completely cut easy mode due to how pathetically easy it is. . .If they can't beat normal, they don't deserve to beat it.

@Metal Gear Solid 2: Wow. . .This game starts slowly. . .Long *** opening cutscene, took forever to figure out how to get past the doors with lasers, and the "boss" against the russian chick was lame and forced me to use the awkward controls. Now I'm stuck taking photos of Metal Gear Ray - Where the hell is "MARINES" written on the giant mech? And does the game get better?

I wanted to do a Cranky Kong moveset in 4.0! Bah. I trust you to make something good for him. Back in my day, we went thousands of miles through the snow to school and had 8 bit color for our video games. You lucky bums get infinite lives in your new fangeled video games and your big graphics. We hat 8 bit and we loved it! Did I mention I went through thousands of miles through the snow to school every day?

Junahu

Smash Ace
Thought I'd do something nice for a change;
here's a fun little flash app, that more or less catalogues 'all' current OriginalCharacters in this contest

MYM 3.0 OC Brawler finder
(I'll soon expand it to include a handy directory of all those SSE chapters that are floating around)

According to the list I appropriated a few pages back I haven't included the following OCs;
Chris Lionheart (older) (19)* No picture of Chris Lionheart
Pikafan8269297 (154)* joke moveset
Bowser Jr. and Nina Cortex (209)* Not actually Original Characters. Srsly, don't just age a character and claim it's a brand spanking new one

The only thing stopping me from cataloging all the entries here, is that I don't know the post# of each moveset. ugh, sounds fun :urg:

Edit: This is still early stages, so some icons may not lead anywhere (I just noticed Beast Trio does nothing). But if none of the character buttons work (They're supposed to open a new browser window that shows the posted moveset), then that's a sigificant problem.

double edit: Capacity problems!? Darn you geocities! *shakes fist*

LUVTOY77-ROGUE WIREFRAME

Smash Champion
Thought I'd do something nice for a change;
here's a fun little flash app, that more or less catalogues 'all' current OriginalCharacters in this contest

MYM 3.0 OC Brawler finder
(I'll soon expand it to include a handy directory of all those SSE chapters that are floating around)

According to the list I appropriated a few pages back I haven't included the following OCs;
Chris Lionheart (older) (19)* No picture of Chris Lionheart
Ian, Guardian 787 (107)* can't find the moveset
Pikafan8269297 (154)* joke moveset
Bowser Jr. and Nina Cortex (209)* Not actually Original Characters. Srsly, don't just age a character and claim it's a brand spanking new one

The only thing stopping me from cataloging all the entries here, is that I don't know the post# of each moveset. ugh, sounds fun :urg:
I have to say that is pretty bad ***. I'd post my own custom character--but how do I upload pix from my computer to my post??

Junahu

Smash Ace
CI have to say that is pretty bad ***. ?
Is it working okay, or at all?

I'd post my own custom character--but how do I upload pix from my computer to my post??
You have to upload it to somewhere like Photobucket or Imageshack first, then click the insert image button and enter the URL of the image (or simply place the URL of the image in between two IMG tags. like
so)

LUVTOY77-ROGUE WIREFRAME

Smash Champion
Is it working okay, or at all?

You have to upload it to somewhere like Photobucket or Imageshack first, then click the insert image button and enter the URL of the image (or simply place the URL of the image in between two IMG tags. like
so)
Ah I seee--don't those require accounts?

If so.. doubt I'll be using it :p

Chris Lionheart

Smash Champion
Hmmm.... I was wondering if I could get an official review on my Zero by Warlord or
Chris?
Can it wait until atleast the weekend. I've got a band event tomorrow. :ohwell:

I'll work on the next SSE chapter when I get the chance (or when the focus drops down from MW's last chapter. :dizzy:)

@IronThorn

If you want Eru to be put in, then give me a general synopsis of her character and a role suggestion that I can work with.

Junahu

Smash Ace
@Junahu: Epic. Bloody epic. Is it only going to include original characters?
I hope to include all the submissions in this eventually, along with the various SSEs that tie them together. There is one important barrier to that at the moment.

So many bloody submissions. If I had a list with the post number of each submission, I'd be all set. But just thinking about crawling through this beast, 1 page at a time, makes my stomach turn.

Incidentally, does clicking on the characters open up a browser window like it should? The GetURL function can be pretty tempermental...

Edit: Yeah, that host was really only for personal use. Sorry about that. Any recommendations on a decent host?

In the meantime you could try this;
Downloadable Ver.

SirKibble

Smash Champion
Junahu, everything appears to be working fine.

It's some dude named Bubba.
No, no. We definitely established R.Y.T. is a girl. My mind may be random, but it doesn't not create random dudes named Bubba.

So does anyone know the answer to this question?
We're ending this one at the end of October, and then judging, and then... Who knows when we'll get MYM 4.0 set up...

I'm hosting the next contest. Bring Soda and Pie.
Bring soda and pie is a yes.

But I believe you'll be busy with TYATM, and rules are rules: You can only run one epic business at a time.

SirKibble

Smash Champion
I'll host it for the lulz.

*slaps Kibble* It's OBVIOUSLY A GUY!
I'm curious, do you even know who we're talking about? Did you actually check the Chamber? Because if you did, you would know she's a girl.

I've been gone a while I don't know who's been contributing Mr. lier.

Also it's definetly not a guy since you lie and you say it is.

Lier.
I got GCM on my side.

You're a dead man, Sundance.

Collective of Bears

King of Hug Style
NNID
Gark430
3DS FC
1805-3069-0371
To settle all debates, I still don't know who will host the next. As of now, I have a few I'm considering, but a decision won't be made until later. However, I know I will not be running it, that's for sure. I underestimated how hard it is to run this thing... Woof.

And it is a guy. So...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom