• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Make Your Move 3.0: It's over, it's done, moving on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Iron Thorn

Smash Lord
Going to Gamelon. I'm taking the Triforce of Spag
It appeats there was some speculation about my true identity.

Lemme say this: I NOT BE CHIEF MENDEZ.

Hopefully you all caught onto this.

That aside, I might be here for a while. Don't know if I can go up, don't want to scandalize the chillinz with my short robe, plus ummm FOOD IS GOOD. Yeeaaahhhh.

Hyper_Ridley

Smash Champion
You never know... a lot of the stuff here makes Paper Mario look mediocre.
You mean MYM2's winner? Seriously, the #2 move set on that thread ALDREADY makes Paper Mario look mediocre. I have no idea how something that had almost no detail could win when there were plenty of move sets in there that had that in addition to creativity (again, #2 move set).

but don't take my word for it, See for yourself! Really, all this needs is some damage percents and it would practically be good by this thread's standards!

MasterWarlord

Smash Champion
Not wasting countless hours on a 10 man community
I'm only up to the dashing attack on the Horseman, but it's epicly awesome so far. Vastly superior to Squeak Squad, and it looks like it can rival Donna, Cervantes, and Dracula himself quite well so far. I love the mechanic with his head - it's so stupidly simple, but it's so incredibly interesting and makes for unique moves. I really like the up and standard specials in particular, and it seems all his attacks are oozing with originality and detail.

But we'll just have to see for once I finish him up. At this rate though, you're making me wish I posted Cortex and Tiny - you might steal away the win from Dracula and Cervantes if the quality keeps up throughout the rest of the moveset.

When I first saw how descript the specials were, the first thing that came to my mind was intimidation. All of them were nearly as long if not more so then Cervantes' down B. . .Which was really saying something.

The mym 2 movesets are fierce diety link quality in comparison to the average mym 3 moveset, let alone the top contenders.. Don't try to compare them. Paper Mario is already enough evidence of this. You'd think the two contests were run by entirely separate communities the improvement is so insanely large.

edit:

Up Tilt --- Half-Man's Breakdance --- This is a unique attack in that it cannot be used unless The Horseman doesn't have his head on his shoulders.If he does, this one will simply have him glaring vaguely above him. However, if he does, he will flip upside down, standing on his head (well, shoulders), and will do a single breakdance-style spin, kicking foes above him with outstretched legs and multiple hit that resemble the Master Hand's drill attack in that they suck foes in.

Notes --- This one takes a moment to use and is only conditionally useful anyway, but there are about ten hits, each doing 1%, and it's pretty easy to land them all. The hitbox is sadly quite small here, though, making it easy for foes to poke you while you're off your guard with long-reaching attacks. The final hit has minimal upwards knockback while The Horseman takes a bit less than a second to get back on hit feet.
Whee nitpicking

Red Arremer

Smash Legend
You mean MYM2's winner? Seriously, the #2 move set on that thread ALDREADY makes Paper Mario look mediocre. I have no idea how something that had almost no detail could win when there were plenty of move sets in there that had that in addition to creativity (again, #2 move set).
Heh.

Considering my MYM 3.0 movesets are basically what would have been above average to very good standard in MYM 2.0 - I guess it's prove enough.

I had posted Lip in MYM 2.0 already, and reposted her in this contest - she was a good moveset in MYM 2.0, but entered far too late to get any reception (except for SirKibble, who even voted for her). Now, look at her in MYM 3.0. She may be what Lip most likely would look like in a Smash game, but man, she lacks hell of detail.

I think the reason I threw out so many movesets without really paying attention to what was going on with the creators is what will be my "certain doom" in this contest. Call it a trauma from being absolutely ignored with Lip in MYM 2.0.

Chris Lionheart

Smash Champion

but don't take my word for it, See for yourself! Really, all this needs is some damage percents and it would practically be good by this thread's standards!
Try #17.... the only thing ATHF had on me was lots and lots of pictures/show references... and more characters in the moveset (which may or may not be a good thing.)

half_silver28

Smash Ace

The mym 2 movesets are fierce diety link quality in comparison to the average mym 3 moveset, let alone the top contenders.. Don't try to compare them. Paper Mario is already enough evidence of this. You'd think the two contests were run by entirely separate communities the improvement is so insanely large.
O_o I actually stumbled upon the BEGINNING of an argument for once :bee:

I have to agree w/ Warlord; even after looking at the aqua teen moveset, which was the #2 moveset in MYM2, it would get ripped apart if it were posted here, even if damage percents were added. I don't mean to give myself more credit than I deserve but MY MOVESETS are more detailed than the aqua teens (given that they're a 3-in-1 character), and mine don't even approach those of Warlord or Mendez.

TL; DR version: MYM3 rocks lol

However, there is a downside of this massive improvement... we now expect new posters to immediately post great movesets. They often end up posting something mediocre (by our standards), & we spend 2 pages ripping them apart until SirKibble shows up for damage control :laugh:

TL; DR version: we've all become jerks :ohwell:

Red Arremer

Smash Legend
However, there is a downside of this massive improvement... we now expect new posters to immediately post great movesets. They often end up posting something mediocre (by our standards), & we spend 2 pages ripping them apart until SirKibble shows up for damage control :laugh:

That's not entirely true.

I haven't even recognized someone being really ripped apart, except it was someone like SmashBrosMike, and come on - he deserved it.
At least when it comes down to me, when I was critizing a moveset, I normally always tried to give constructive critics, as well, telling how someone could improve their moveset - even though I didn't do that on mine lulz.
The critics of others (*coughmasterwarlordcough*) might have been harsh at times, but they were always helpful. Kinda. Sometimes you need your face rubbed in dirt to understand that it's dirty.

Chris Lionheart

Smash Champion
O_o I actually stumbled upon the BEGINNING of an argument for once :bee:

I have to agree w/ Warlord; even after looking at the aqua teen moveset, which was the #2 moveset in MYM2, it would get ripped apart if it were posted here, even if damage percents were added. I don't mean to give myself more credit than I deserve but MY MOVESETS are more detailed than the aqua teens (given that they're a 3-in-1 character), and mine don't even approach those of Warlord or Mendez.

TL; DR version: MYM3 rocks lol

Agreed 100%...

The quality of the contest has improved, but its become so much of a competition that fun doesn't seem to play as much of a factor for many people.

I remember when people saw my old Sothe and Micaiah (how that didn't end up top 10 is beyond me). It was epic.

Anyway, I hope it doesn't get much harsher in the coming contests.... at the rate its going, the standard will be an essay per move and even more new entrants will be torn to shreds.

SirKibble

Smash Champion
You talk like the contest shouldn't ever be mentioned. Some of us participated in that contest, believe it or not, and aren't too fond of being told our stuff is FDL quality compared to the average here.

Here's Adeleine, probably the MYM2 moveset of mine I was most proud of. Now, I hardly think it's even remotely fair to say something like that is FDL quality. Now, naturally, it wouldn't get far in this contest, but let's be honest: The movesets in MYM2 weren't as bad as you always make them sound.

EDITS:

Yes, we are all jerks. Damage control FTW.

I'm happy seeing the quality go up contest by contest, but I greatly dislike being told that the 12 movesets I made for MYM2 are crap.

Hyper_Ridley

Smash Champion
While I agree that even Aqua Teen would need improvements to be a top contender in MYM3, I would like to point out that calling them "fierce diety link", even comparison-wise, is a gross exaggeration. That abomination would not even suffice in MYM ONE. Now that's bad!

And for the record, I'm talking about the first FDL in ths thread, not the good one.

half_silver28

Smash Ace
That's not entirely true.

I haven't even recognized someone being really ripped apart, except it was someone like SmashBrosMike, and come on - he deserved it.
At least when it comes down to me, when I was critizing a moveset, I normally always tried to give constructive critics, as well, telling how someone could improve their moveset - even though I didn't do that on mine lulz.
The critics of others (*coughmasterwarlordcough*) might have been harsh at times, but they were always helpful. Kinda. Sometimes you need your face rubbed in dirt to understand that it's dirty.
well ok, some people I guess deserved it... & not all of us are like that either. I'm just saying that some people *coughmendezcough* have simply insulted a particular moveset while only offering vague hints on how they should improve it like 'you're gonna have to do a lot more' or something along those lines. In those cases, the person who made the moveset will often get defensive & not try to improve or post another moveset. What I'm saying is we should be doing more to help them, instead of scaring them off.

SmashBrosMike, --WAMY-- & a select few deserved it, because they had already been flamed for posting bad movesets, yet they came back and posted one that was just as bad. :dizzy:

dancingfrogman

Smash Ace
Switch FC
3133 8842 3910
in the good'oldays, the supposedly good movesets in Make your move 2.0 seemed amazing at the time, and just like real life, the quality of movesets in MYM3 vastly improved, and its not surprising as half the people from MYM2 post here (practice makes perfect), and when you see someone elses moveset that has a bit more detail/originality etc than yours, people with more than half a brain would think "****, this moveset looks better than mine, i'll improve my standards in my next moveset, so I will looks the best person here", and people do that against each other so that one move takes 1 page in word in 10 size font.

Thats the reason/story why everyone (well, most) has improved their moveset making ability over time (I think).

MasterWarlord

Smash Champion
They aren't as bad as I make them sound, sure, but at times you make the movesets sound as if they were glorious, when I could make a mym 2 quality moveset in 30 minutes while Cervantes took me countless hours, even more so for my upcoming moveset. Aqua Teen Hunger Force, despite it's long length, is worse then what most newcomers to the thread post when they enter, as far as quality is concerned.

I shouldn't be able to read the entirity of your moveset in 5 minutes.

I know I was harsh, and I am being so now, but this isn't aimed at an individual person, but instead the previous contest. I don't intend to ever be like that towards newcomers again.

I just don't feel like I've missed much when I came in on page 140 of this thread. Dracula was posted 11 pages later, which was when MYM quality standard started rapidly increasing. I'm spoiled, I haven't been around during the lower times, and looking at mym 2 makes me want to vomit. My K. Rool moveset could possibly be top 10 in that.

Red Arremer

Smash Legend
I think we all know that if something is compared to FDL - and the comparison is meant to be negative - it's the first FDL.

However, I agree with Hyper_Ridley and SirKibble on that one - to say that these movesets in MYM 2.0 are the quality of Fierce Deity Link or SmashBrosMike's (since they are really similar) creations would not only say that the contestants who entered movesets in MYM or MYM 2.0 were doing all a horrible job - which they didn't do when they created them in the respective contest - but you're also downplaying the whole bunch of movesets I've created in this contest, in MYM 3.0.
Of course, I agree, and you all agree with me, that my MYM 3.0 movesets aren't particularly spectacular, but they would've been in MYM 2.0 - since I based them on that contest's quality.

I hope that's not what you want to say, MasterWarlord.

Akiak

Smash Ace
ARRGGH!!!

I love the headless horseman! Why didn't I think of that? I would have loved doing his moveset!

Anyway great job his playstyle is awesome.

Oh btw I'm thinking of making a Stick man moveset using a mix of all of those Stickman games on the web.
Yeah i'll do that.

EDIT: Meanwhile if you guys have some time check this game out: http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/363447

SirKibble

Smash Champion
I wouldn't base MYM2's quality on the winners. People voted for things they liked, not movesets they felt were well-made. There were some quality movesets in that contest, like it or not. All of us who were there recognize that improvement has been made, but being essentially told that our works may as well have never been created... Well, yeah, that feels good. :ohwell:

The sad thing is, I could probably take a moveset I'd created for MYM2, but not submitted, enter it here, and I'd probably get "Not your best, Kibble, but pretty good," but looking back at MYM2's thread, you can call it crap. To be frank, I didn't up my quality standard by that much. I wrote a bit more about some moves, got a tad more creative, and organized a little better. That's pretty much it, and yet people will name me as one of the above-average moveset-makers of this thread. Not on par with Mendez and Warlord, obviously, but still above average.

MasterWarlord

Smash Champion
I think that nobody was particularly trying in mym 2.0 - The top two movesets aren't as good as some lower down the list. Try Yoshimitsu or Nightmare (The ones in 2.0, not mine, if that wasn't clear enough), they're much less horrendous then Paper Mario and Aqua Teen Force. People were voting for which moveset was their favorite, not what they thought was the best.

And Spadefox, you've made a ridiculously large amount of movesets, are a highly respected member of our community, and are vastly improving your moveset quality. These 2.0 ravings shouldn't apply to you.

Red Arremer

Smash Legend
That's pretty much it, and yet people will name me as one of the above-average moveset-makers of this thread. Not on par with Mendez and Warlord, obviously, but still above average.
I know how you feel, because it's pretty much how I am handled in this thread, as well. I guess it's us being seniors or something.

Edit:
@MasterWarlord:
Well, I guess it's the same how SirKibble feels on this topic.
I based my movesets mainly on MYM 2.0's features and even though I did add more descriptiviness (proof: Lip) into my movesets, they still are what MYM 2.0 basically was about.
I guess this contests marks where it stops being just kinda creative and thinking of some moves for a character you like but gets a more serious undertone, with people voting for good movesets, even if they don't come along too much with the character - and not for characters they like.
I suppose I was seeing that plot twist too late. I don't have the energy and morale to spice up my current movesets. And frankly, even though I'm looking back on them, feeling kinda ashamed of how weak they are in comparison to others, I still think I did a good job.

As I already said: In terms of MYM 3.0 and even MYM 4.0, the 1.0 and 2.0 movesets may look horribly bad, but think of it this way: Without these two contests we wouldn't have developed ourselves so far, and in the terms of these two contests the movesets were good.

Hyper_Ridley

Smash Champion
in the good'oldays, the supposedly good movesets in Make your move 2.0 seemed amazing at the time, and just like real life, the quality of movesets in MYM3 vastly improved, and its not surprising as half the people from MYM2 post here (practice makes perfect), and when you see someone elses moveset that has a bit more detail/originality etc than yours, people with more than half a brain would think "****, this moveset looks better than mine, i'll improve my standards in my next moveset, so I will looks the best person here", and people do that against each other so that one move takes 1 page in word in 10 size font.

Thats the reason/story why everyone (well, most) has improved their moveset making ability over time (I think).
Agreed. I think I may have said this at an earlier time, but Bass would've been very underdetailed had MasterWarlord not posted Nightmare just when I thought I was ready.

Last note on MYM2: Personally if I were to give ATHF a review today, the scores would probably look like this:

Originality: 7/10 (the team-synching mechanic is interesting, and a lot of the moves were cool in appearence)

Detail: 3/10 (For the explanation of the play-style and each team member, but the moves are gonna need a lot more)

Balance: 5/10 (looks good on paper but needs more detail)

Relevance: 9/10 (I don't see the show that much, but it looks like those moves fit the characters well, and I'm sure a lot are taken fro the show)

Appearence: 10/10 (Seriously, it's well organized, nice headers, bolded move names, it's got the works)

Final: 34/50

Yeah, so like I said, if the detail was improved (i.e. damage percents), I genuinley feel that it could have been good in this thread.

And I would like to point out that I was not a part of that thread, so I cannot possible be biased towards it.

MasterWarlord

Smash Champion
My standards shouldn't mean much to you lot anyway. After all, you lot are the veterans, I'm just a guy who came in and made a couple quality movesets. Voldo is crap. Nightmare's decently good. Cervantes is the only one that's really good, and yet apparantely you all praise me as god on a pedestal alongside Mendez.

My opinion doesn't matter that much, I haven't been around for MYM to run it's course. I've just been a major part of the detail movement, because that's the direction I want to see the contest going. Detail is good so long as you actually have something interesting to say. I'm the detail nazi, remember? Of course I'm going to be the most disgusted with mym 2 out of everybody here.

cheap_josh

Smash Ace
I think that nobody was particularly trying in mym 2.0 - The top two movesets aren't as good as some lower down the list.
It's because MYM2 wasn't all SRS BIZ like this one. "Moveset" to the MYM2 crowd was to just come up with cool ideas and stuff, not throw in all the technicals we get in MYM3. As far as I'm concerned, they were two seperate, way different competitions.

Red Arremer

Smash Legend
Since the thread moved already onto another page while I was typing the Edit, I'll just quote it. Urrr.

@MasterWarlord:
Well, I guess it's the same how SirKibble feels on this topic.
I based my movesets mainly on MYM 2.0's features and even though I did add more descriptiviness (proof: Lip) into my movesets, they still are what MYM 2.0 basically was about.
I guess this contest marks where it stops being just kinda creative and thinking of some moves for a character you like but gets a more serious undertone, with people voting for good movesets, even if they don't come along too much with the character - and not for characters they like.
I suppose I was seeing that plot twist too late. I don't have the energy and morale to spice up my current movesets. And frankly, even though I'm looking back on them, feeling kinda ashamed of how weak they are in comparison to others, I still think I did a good job.

As I already said: In terms of MYM 3.0 and even MYM 4.0, the 1.0 and 2.0 movesets may look horribly bad, but think of it this way: Without these two contests we wouldn't have developed ourselves so far, and in the terms of these two contests the movesets were good.

KingK.Rool

Smash Lord
Spadefox has it. Well said.

I can appreciate some of the MYM 2 movesets, but I agree with MasterWarlord in that the attitude there (and for the first part of this one) was much less dedicated and detail-centric. The "movement", as he calls it, started with Dracula, and it just proceeded from there.

You finished reading The Horseman, Warlord? Do your earlier thoughts still hold true? I'm burning with curiosity.

Junahu

Smash Ace
Updated the moveset list to include the awesome, Headless Horseman

....Did you have to pick Sagi's pic for the cover? Now even MORE people will accuse me of a Sagi fanboy lol. Why not Drake and Josh since they were the first characters introduced lol?
Everyone got the same deal. Their SSE picture is their Avatar, or at least some derivative of it. MasterWarlord changes his avatar every freakin' day, but it was Olcadan when I added is SSE.

So, sorry, no Drake & Josh for you

Chris Lionheart said:
Dude.... you are awesome.... and that picture you made of Chris Lionheart... so full of win. ^^ can you send me a picture I can update my moveset with?
Erm.. whoops. I deleted all of my original resources after making the update, so I no longer have a full body picture of him. But I did manage to rescue this from the OC Finder itself;

edit: You really thought this was "so full of win"? This is probably the second worst sprite I've ever made. Just looking at my lack of craftsmanship depresses me.

...dang. I can't join in all this hoolaballoo about MYM 2. Darn my noobishness!

Hyper_Ridley

Smash Champion
Just pomise me that I'll never have to type out five paragraphs per move, and I'll be okay. Becuase at that point, it'll be more work for me than fun, and I joined this thing in the first place to have fun creating move sets for characters.

MasterWarlord

Smash Champion
I just had bad timing. I was raised by detail. I've never been in a day or age without it, as soon as I joined, my pathetic first three movesets were shot down by Dracula. BANG!

But I'm glad where it's taken me now, and I'm glad most if not all of you are going along with it as well.

Although just let me say this, okay? Even before Dracula came along, I was constantly trying to improve my sets. Even between the first three before Dracula arrived, each one is notably better then the last. Had Dracula not shown up, I wouldn't of gotten to where I am now as fast, but I'd of reached it eventually.

Directly @ Spadefox:

So you're saying we should just vote for whatever characters we like then? Kay. Astaroth and K. Rool win. I despise the characters of some of the better made movesets (Sora), but I still love the movesets themselves for their quality.

And I'd only looked at one moveset before making K. Rool, so I didn't have much outside influence until Dracula game, so I firmly believe I'd of gotten to where I am now much sooner then the full duration of mym 2 and the first 140 pages of mym 3.

Edit:

@Krool: I'm sorry, but I've been too busy with this mym 2 nonsense to read much of it. I've read through the smash attacks now, and it's still all holding true.

Red Arremer

Smash Legend
...dang. I can't join in all this hoolaballoo about MYM 2. Darn my noobishness!
iLOL'd

Also, you're from Switzerland? Grueziwohl. ;P *lives in Austria*

@MasterWarlord:
No.
I'm saying that in MYM 2.0 you voted for characters you liked (unless you were named Spadefox), and here there will be votes for the best movesets, not for the popularity of the character. Otherwise I guess my Shadow would end up winding through the Top 5.

half_silver28

Smash Ace
My standards shouldn't mean much to you lot anyway. After all, you lot are the veterans, I'm just a guy who came in and made a couple quality movesets. Voldo is crap. Nightmare's decently good. Cervantes is the only one that's really good, and yet apparantely you all praise me as god on a pedestal alongside Mendez.

My opinion doesn't matter that much, I haven't been around for MYM to run it's course. I've just been a major part of the detail movement, because that's the direction I want to see the contest going. Detail is good so long as you actually have something interesting to say. I'm the detail nazi, remember? Of course I'm going to be the most disgusted with mym 2 out of everybody here.
I just looked at voldo again, & if ur calling him crap... I'd be scared to see what you think of my movesets :ohwell:

honestly, if the required amount of detail for a good moveset gets to the point where it's just plain not fun to make movesets anymore, I won't be making any more. That would probably lead me to leave SWF altogether, since MYM3 was the only thing keeping me here :psycho:

MYM is supposed to be fun, & if stops being fun, it's gonna die whether you like it or not ~

Red Arremer

Smash Legend
I just looked at voldo again, & if ur calling him crap... I'd be scared to see what you think of my movesets :ohwell:

honestly, if the required amount of detail for a good moveset gets to the point where it's just plain not fun to make movesets anymore, I won't be making any more. That would probably lead me to leave SWF altogether, since MYM3 was the only thing keeping me here :psycho:

MYM is supposed to be fun, & if stops being fun, it's gonna die whether you like it or not ~
I guess noone will ever press you to make a ridiculous amount of detail how MendezWarlord do, but I think the fact it goes towards more details is only beneficial for the contest.

As stated before: People will vote based on how good a moveset was or if they particularly liked something on it, unlike MYM2, where people voted based on how well known someone was or how popular a character.

Chief Mendez

Smash Master
Hyper Ridley said:
do any of us really want to see the top ten be:

1.Dracula -Chief Mendez
2.Sora - Chief Mendez
3. Naota Nandaba - Chief Mendez
4. Bill & Lance - Chief Mendez
5. Sora - Chief Mendez
6. Nightmare - Chief Mendez
7. Phoenix Wright - Chief Mendez
8. Dracula - Chief Mendez
9. Simon Belmont - Chief Mendez
10. Gray Fox - Chief Mendez
:D
...Okay not really. It won't be anything like that though--not if I have anything to say about it!

@K.Rool: I was enjoying myself until...until I got to the part where he breakdances. I remain unafraid of Mr. Headless due to that name.

Also I really wish the "Horseman" part was worked in more, but ovah' than that, 'twas awesome. That's seriously the coolest recovery ever, even if it'd break Sudden Death matches, since bombs don't fall off the stage, and it sounds like he'd just have to grab the ledge, then drop off before his invincibility frames end and spend another 10 seconds on his 'Path.

Also other minor note: you mention that Jack-o-Lantern Ablaze deals "10% more knockback"...but isn't that just 1.1x the knockback? That's barely anything. It wouldn't even be noticeable...

Sly Fox said:
This Game's Winner was just ****ing awesome.
Probably the funniest 'set in the contest, I'd reckon. :p

MasterWarlord said:
Dracula by Chief Mendez has been reviewed.
DOUBLE YAYBEES :bee::bee:

To the comment box!

BUT

...Before I do that, I'd like to stick up for MYM2 here. Obviously 'sets are "better" nowadays, but don't bash on the stuff that's come before you too badly. In my case, I've technically been posting movesets since early 2007, and I can tell you that the only reason MYM3 'sets are so good is because we coincidentally happened to have a certain few people gather at the right time.

Anyways, you've gotta' remember that the point of these things isn't to describe in 100%, fully complete detail how a character would work--it's to share your ideas, and have fun doing it. I know about you...but personally, if a moveset only takes 5 minutes to read, I'd still love it, even if it's not filled to the brim with extras and stat descriptions.

In fact, I'll just say this here: none of my MYM4 movesets are going to have anywhere near as many extras or actual words as my MYM3 ones. Some taunts, some music maybe...but only a paragraph or two total, at most.

Red Arremer

Smash Legend
In fact, I'll just say this here: none of my MYM4 movesets are going to have anywhere near as many extras or actual words as my MYM3 ones. Some taunts, some music maybe...but only a paragraph or two total, at most.
I don't know if that statement is positive or negative.

Hyper_Ridley

Smash Champion

This X an amount so great that all the scouters in the universe would not be able to satisfy Vegeta's rage.

Now don't get me wrong, as you can all see, I've been adding more detail to my move sets as well, and I hope to improve in MYM4, but if I ever have to type out a full page for every single move for every single situation, I WILL just leave and not look back.

And I can't wait to see the responses to what Mendez said about his MYM4 sets

Edit: I just realized, I was the one who started this whole argument. Forgive me! *Jumps off a cliff*

KingK.Rool

Smash Lord
Chief Mendez;5718647 @[B said:
K.Rool[/B]: I was enjoying myself until...until I got to the part where he breakdances. I remain unafraid of Mr. Headless due to that name.

Also I really wish the "Horseman" part was worked in more, but ovah' than that, 'twas awesome. That's seriously the coolest recovery ever, even if it'd break Sudden Death matches, since bombs don't fall off the stage, and it sounds like he'd just have to grab the ledge, then drop off before his invincibility frames end and spend another 10 seconds on his 'Path.

Also other minor note: you mention that Jack-o-Lantern Ablaze deals "10% more knockback"...but isn't that just 1.1x the knockback? That's barely anything. It wouldn't even be noticeable...

Well, okay, maybe I shouldn't have called it a breakdance, considering the mood I was going for, but I thought it really showed off what a guy with no head could do. Also made it more useful to not have your head with you.

Who cares about Sudden Death???
loljk but seriously not me

And, you know, since you can activate it so often and pretty much add its power to any attack, I figured a small increase would make a visible difference eventually.

But anyway, glad you liked it.

MasterWarlord

Smash Champion
*Finished reading Headless Horseman*

Still no objections to what I said earlier. It all holds true. As I said earlier when you announced it to me and as Mendez did, I wish there were more of the horse in it somehow. Perhaps his horse can be in as an assist trophy at least? As of now, it's just the bair. . .Speaking of extras, Pidgeot has more then it, despite the horseman being much more epicly awesome then Pidgeot. Add more now.

The play style is quite nice and the final smash is brilliant, although if anything I feel it's underpowered, as you stated at the end of it. If he's wielding one of the pumpkins when the final smash ends, does it become his permanant head? That'd help considerably.

It's one of my favorites, but it just doesn't have the characterization of Dracula, to be quite frank. The moves feel a bit ridiculous in some occassions for such a sinister character, such as Mendez said for example, the breakdancing, but the majority of it is still gold. Easily in my top 3, at least.

@Mendez: I praised Sora for a page's length in microsoft word despite it's short length and lack of extras. If you make more movesets like that, you'll still do fine.

I don't really go on and on for elaboration just to elaborate in my movesets - I just have so much to say about the moves that I pretty much HAVE to type up that much, at least in my eyes. I consider Cervantes' soul steal mechanic pretty much requiring all the detail I put into it.

Red Arremer

Smash Legend
No, all those characters are from a 'Tales of _____" game.
Ah, very good. Because I was playing with the thought of American McGee's Alice for MYM4, but I want to complete the ones I already announced and partly already did first before adding more characters - although I probably will end up with at least 7.

Also, I agree, spoiler tags are awesome.

Hello, guys! :bee:

Edit: I'm gonna grab some Zs now, so don't spam too much. I don't want to read another 8 pages tomorrow morning! D:<

Hyper_Ridley

Smash Champion
I don't really go on and on for elaboration just to elaborate in my movesets - I just have so much to say about the moves that I pretty much HAVE to type up that much, at least in my eyes. I consider Cervantes' soul steal mechanic pretty much requiring all the detail I put into it.
Oh, there's nothing wrong with detail if you need it. I actually like that I'm now stating the priority and range of my moves. I just don't want to be forced to be redundant in order to bulk up my move sets.

And I'd like to apologize again for starting this whole mess. My originial comment was more meant to state how sub-par I felt Paper Mario was, even for MYM2 standards (though I guess, as Spadefox said, it really did only win due to being Paper Mario, and not becuase it was genuinley felt to be good.) Really, I had no idea how much this would end up pitting us against each other. I feel like **** now. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom