• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Make Your Move 3.0: It's over, it's done, moving on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

KingK.Rool

Smash Lord
Are we still allowed to edit what we've made over the next week? Or is it just advertising?

Chief Mendez

Smash Master
KingK.Rool said:
Are we still allowed to edit what we've made over the next week? Or is it just advertising?
I'm pretty sure the only thing you could do is tweak/add extras, as they're the only part of a 'set that's not a requirement.

If people are allowed to change the actual moves, then that open up the possibility of someone making an entirely new set of attacks for a character they already posted.

Unless...maybe if you're just adding little things, like %s or colors, then maybe that'd be fine. I don't know though. I'm not 'Blitzkrieg. :ohwell:

KingK.Rool

Smash Lord
I'm pretty sure the only thing you could do is tweak/add extras, as they're the only part of a 'set that's not a requirement.

If people are allowed to change the actual moves, then that open up the possibility of someone making an entirely new set of attacks for a character they already posted.

Unless...maybe if you're just adding little things, like %s or colors, then maybe that'd be fine. I don't know though. I'm not 'Blitzkrieg. :ohwell:
I thought I read that this week was mostly for the touching up of movesets - otherwise, a whole week just for advertising seems a bit excessive.

But anyway, I guess we'll have to wait for Blitzkrieg or someone (Kibble?) to clarify. In the meantime, I won't touch anything.

TWILTHERO

Smash Lord
Sorry to cut in your current discussion, but.....

The Eternal Darkness And The Wings Of Hope<-------Happy Halloween everyone!!!

Chapter 9: Standing on the Rooftops, Everybody scream your heart out!!!!

Narrator: Last time, we joined Peter as he just recently discovered that all of a sudden, everyone in his family was gone!!! He walks down the neighbourhood, to find the Delicious one. Peter attempts to eat him, but then is stopped by Crono. They immediately head to the Quohog stadium to see a wrestling match between Jeff Hardy, the rainbow haired warrior, and Tien, the rejected DBZ character that didn't make it to GT series. After the fight, a baby named Stewie obliterates everyone in the stadium except for Peter, Crono, TDO, Jeff, and Tien, who all later defeat Stewie. Peter goes down in depression that his baby son is dead, but suddenly cheers up when he gets something to eat!! We join the five heroes now.......

They all just recently made to Las Vegas (lol wtF?). They see all the pretty cool lights and stuff.

"Viva las Vegas, Viva las Vegas, Viva las Vegas, Viva las Vegas, Viva las Vegas, Viva las Vegas, VVVVVVIIIIIVVVAAAA LAAAAAASSS VEEEEGGGGAAAAAASSSS!!!!" Peter starts sing outloud.

Tien punches Peter to the face. "Alright, we get it. Shut up."

"EEESSSSshhhh......don't have to get so sensitive...." Peter says.

Jeff Hardy speaks. "Soo.......what are we going to do?"

Crono speaks, totally getting out of his character for a moment. "We should get to the empire's land. That is our first priority as heroes."

TDO talks. "Wow......you can talk?"

Everyone falls in dead quietness.......

"Soooo.....lets split up then. We get to eat, use the washroom.........and i'll play poker." Peter says.

So they decide to split up due to Peter's greedyness to gamble. Jeff Hardy and TDO follows Peter, and Tien and Crono are the only mature ones, so they team up instead.

Let's see what Peter's doing.....

Peter is gambling with a bunch of guys that will not effect the story at alll if we knew there names.

Looks like Peter was on a roll. Jeff tries to stop the fat guy.

"Cmon dude......lets get going.....didn't your parents tell you that gambling is wrong?" Jeff says.

"Yeah....lets go get something to eat." TDO says.

Peter stares angrily at TDO. "Listen pal, if you don't shut up, i'll eat you."

The Delicious One hides behind Jeff in scaredness, while Jeff just shrugs.

Now they were now going to gamble something big. There were these dogs in a cage.

.......they were auctioning and betting who would get Nintendogs.

Peter smiles big time. "Oh boy.....as soon as i get those dogs, i'm going to cook them up and eat them."

Jeff and TDO look at each other in weird looks at hearing Peter's stupid weird words.

They were about to gamble, until a strange person in a black cape, with his/her face hidden, stealing the cage that contains the Nintendogs and whisk them away.

Peter gets off from his chair and chases the dog stealer. "Hey!!! Get back here with my snack!!!"

Jeff and TDO have no choice, but to follow the fat man.

Part 1: Get those dogs back!!!:
Objective: Get those Nintendogs back!!!
Music: On My Own - Three Days Grace <-----Hey...this is my SSE :D
Characters: Peter Griffin, Jeff Hardy, TDO

This level is lllooonnnngggggg........stairways wise.

You'll have to climb a lot of buildings to reach you objective to get all the way to the top. Occastionally, you'll have to fight security body guards that try and stop you by pushing you off the screen, but they aren't partically tough, as they die at only 20% damage racked.

After you reach the rooftop.....

Peter, Jeff, TDO, all reach the rooftop. They finally confront the dog kidnapper, and apparently his/her friend.

Jeff Hardy is the first to speak. "All right, you might as well give up. Hand us back those dogs, and get ready for a beating."

"Wow that was cheesy Jeff." Peter says.

The kidnapper takes off his black robe and the other kidnapper does the same.

Bowser Jr. and Nina Cortex....except you know....there grown up....like in the moveset.

Bowser Jr laughs. "Ha ha ha......you think you can stop us? You can't. We're only a couple of steps away from the airplane. Even if we aren't, with my and Nina Cortex's powers, all 3 of you guys combined couldn't stop us."

Nina laughs as well. "Ha ha ha....face it.....our power of evil is tooooooo great."

Bowser Jr points at all of them. "Listen turn back now!!! If you fight us right now, you'll all die!!!"

Jeff talks back at Bowser Jr. "Wow, that's pretty big talk from a guy who both his father and himself are myphic failures in life. Trust me. I played Sunshine."

Bowser Jr bounces at Jeff. "What was that?"

"Yeah you heard me. You can't fight like crap in that game. All you ever did was run like a pipsqueak in the game. Wow, a paintbrush? Really scary. You don't scare me one bit, so called soon to be king of Koopas. Unlike you, i'm proud of my family. I'm proud of my father, my mother, and my brother Matt. I don't disgrace my family like you!" Jeff argues back.

Bowser Jr brings out his weapon. "Oh yeah? Bring it on rainbow hair boy!!! Bring it on!!!"

/serious talk

Jeff Charges straight in towards Bowser Jr, while Jr, does the same.

Peter and TDO have no choice but to help Jeff out in this fight, while Nina helps out Jr for him......

Part 2: Rooftops fight
Objective: Defeat Bowser Jr/Nina Cortex
Music: Lost Prophets - Rooftops <-----I love that song =D
Characters: Jeff Hardy, Peter Griffin, TDO

Fighting on the rooftops, everyone scream your heart out!!!! This is TWILTHERO's SSE now, everyone scream your heart OUT!!!! /crappyrenditionofRooftops

After the fight,......

Jeff and Bowser Jr are in a struggle. Jeff manages to slip away. Jeff then does a huge kick towards Bowser Jr. He then does another kick, pushing Bowser Jr off the rooftops.

"NNNNOOOOooooo!!!!" Bowser Jr screams as he falls off the rooftops.

He didn't die as he landed on huge hay stack that came from out of nowhere.

Jeff then prepares himself to..........

"Jeff man.....you're crazy!!!! Don't do it!!!!" Peter says.

......to do jump off the rooftops and do the swamthom bomb!!!!!

Jeff lets out a huge, "AAAAHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!" Jeff then jumps off the rooftops, falling from 10 stories from a rooftop, then he lands his body right on top of Bowser Jr, cause Bowser Jr to scream in pain, and now Jeff lays in the hay stack unconcious.

Peter then gets the cage with the Nintendogs and opens it.

"Awww.....there sooooo cute. I can't eat them!!! There even cuter than Brian!!! Lets ke......AAHHH AHHHH AHHHH AHH!!!! Get them off me!!! Stop them from clawing my face off!!!!"
Peter says while suffering from the Nintendogs wrath.

Peter, Nintendogs, and TDO immediately head down stairs, out of the building, and get Jeff from the hay stack.

"Cmon Jeff.....lets go before they chase us." Peter says while running away with Jeff's unconcious body with TDO right beside him.

Nina looks at them. "Huh......they got lucky..."

Meanwhile, now we join Tien and Crono!!!!! :D

They were both eating noodles (omg wtf?)...until there this guy that stops them.

It Bombtastic Bombman!

"I am Bombtastic Bombman!!! I use bags to fight!!!! I shall destroy you!!!" The guy says.

Tien looks at him. "Wow, that seems kinda gay."

Crono looks at Bagman now. "Why are you fighting us? We didn't do anything to you."

Bagman responds by, "I don't know. The empire said that they'll pay me 20 bucks if i killed you guys."

Crono facepalms. "Well if it's a fight you want, it's a fight you'll get."

Part 3: Bombtastic bombman fight........crappy title i know:
Objective: Defeat the opposing opponent.
Music: On My Own - Three Days Grace <-----Hey...this is my SSE :D
Characters: Tien, Crono, or Bagman

Defeat the opposing opponent(s).

After the fight.....

Bagman will say, "Hahahahaha. You have impressed me in battle. I shall now wish to join you in your quest for no reason.....but first you must do the following thing."

Tien shrugs. "What is it?"

"You must make i, Bagman, laugh."

All of a sudden, Tien and Crono were now facing the biggest challenges of there lives. 2 of the most serious characters in mankind had to make someone laugh. But Tien had an idea.

"You can tuna piano, but you can't tuna fish!!!! You can tuna piano, but you can't tuna fish!!!! You can tuna piano, but you can't tuna fish!!!! You can tuna piano, but you can't tuna fish!!!! You can tuna piano, but you can't tuna fish!!!! You can tuna piano, but you can't tuna fish!!!! You can tuna piano, but you can't tuna fish!!!! You can tuna piano, but you can't tuna fish!!!! You can tuna piano, but you can't tuna fish!!!! You can tuna piano, but you can't tuna fish!!!! You can tuna piano, but you can't tuna fish!!!! You can tuna piano, but you can't tuna fish!!!! You can tuna piano, but you can't tuna fish!!!! You can tuna piano, but you can't tuna fish!!!! You can tuna piano, but you can't tuna fish!!!! You can tuna piano, but you can't tuna fish!!!! You can tuna piano, but you can't tuna fish!!!! You can tuna piano, but you can't tuna fish!!!! You can tuna piano, but you can't tuna fish!!!! You can tuna piano, but you can't tuna fish!!!! You can tuna piano, but you can't tuna fish!!!! You can tuna piano, but you can't tuna fish!!!! You can tuna piano, but you can't tuna fish!!!! You can tuna piano, but you can't tuna fish!!!! You can tuna piano, but you can't tuna fish!!!! You can tuna piano, but you can't tuna fish!!!! You can tuna piano, but you can't tuna fish!!!! You can tuna piano, but you can't tuna fish!!!! You can tuna piano, but you can't tuna fish!!!! You can tuna piano, but you can't tuna fish!!!! You can tuna piano, but you can't tuna fish!!!! You can tuna piano, but you can't tuna fish!!!! You can tuna piano, but you can't tuna fish!!!! You can tuna piano, but you can't tuna fish!!!! You can tuna piano, but you can't tuna fish!!!! You can tuna piano, but you can't tuna fish!!!! You can tuna piano, but you can't tuna fish!!!! You can tuna piano, but you can't tuna fish!!!! You can tuna piano, but you can't tuna fish!!!! You can tuna piano, but you can't tuna fish!!!! Did you catch all of that huh Bagman!!!!???? I SAID YOU CAN TUNA PIANO BUT YOU CAN'T TUNA FISH!!!!"

All of a sudden, Bagman was on the floor, laughing his a*s off.

"That was hilarious!!! I'll now join you since the writor of this story made it so."

All of a sudden, Peter carrying Jeff's unconcious body, Nintendogs, and TDO comes running in to Tien, Crono, and Bagman.

"Come on!! We caused a MAJOR commotion!!! We should get out of here while we still can!!!" Peter says.

So they run away to there next destination. Now......it is time....

TO BE CONTINUED.....

Gryphon

Smash Journeyman
Ok you all. This here is going to be my blueprint of the Make Your Move archive site. It is in the making, so give dancingfrogman and I some time. MYM 4.0 season starts soon, so we need to get this done in a timely fashion. Here is what i got so far:

Entry Format

In the entry format, I will have all movesets starting from 4.0 in a list in the order they are entered (at least we will try to). But of course, we all know how much of a pain it would be if we try to look for a character in a somewhat endless list, so we devised a simple, user-friendly categorization. Here is the standard format:

Alphabetical Links

A-E
F-J
K-O
P-T
U-Z

Self-explanatory. If you are looking for Geno, you would click "F-J", and look in the "Gs". Simple.

Class Links

Rank - From highest post to lowest, the authors' best movesets will be listed. For example, Chief mendez has a high post count, so he gets priority with a moveset. The author chooses the moveset they wish to rep. Ranks are subject to change every week.
Pokemon - All Pokemon entries.
Animal - Animal characters such as Sonic, Crash, and Spyro.
Warrior - Any weapon-wielding character.
Magic User - Characters that use some form of magic.
Machine - Mechanical fighters.
Supernatural - Characters with a special ability that isn't magic. (Mario, Bomberman, Rayman, i.e)
Human - The human or humanoid characters with no real special ability. (Phoenix Wright, i.e)
Villian - The bad guys.
Female - The female characters and characters that are genderless, yet appear female.
Original - Custom-made characters

Listing Style

Character: (Linked to thread post)
by ________ (Linked to contestant's dossier, or short bio)
[Avatar]
Origin:
Class:

Contestant Format

In this section, it will show a list of all contestants that participated in the MYM contest. It may seem unnecassary, but I think it would be vital to know more about your colleagues. Here is the standard format and example:

Name: Gryphon
Title: (Just a title you give yourself) Jack of All Trades
About: (A small bio of the contestant) An ambitious and creative adult who avidly plays video games, develops web pages, creates graphics, makes music, writes stories and poetry, and designs independent role-playing and fighting games. Holds both a flippant and nonchalant personality, and dislikes those who underestimate others.
Movesets: (List of entered movesets and links to its post) Saki, Impa, Lip
Moveset Basis: (What your moveset list is mostly composed of) RPG characters

Gryphon

Smash Journeyman
It's over! :bee:

The submission deadline passed at the turn of the day last night. Right now, we've got a week until voting starts on the 7th, during which time we're basically advertising movesets in an effort to get people to vote for them.
Thanks, pal! Well, I dont care much for getting voted for, at least not this version. I am more focused on the Archive site which is going to be the awesomeness, i swear to you that. :laugh:

Chief Mendez

Smash Master
That seems really, really, really , really, really complicated. Seriously, you're going to have a hard time keeping track of all that, especially when you get to a user who doesn't really want a profile. And what if a moveset has more than one class? It just seems like a lot of busy work, honestly. The "Ranks" section especially sounds like...well, like a generally bad idea.

Really, what's so wrong with a simple list of movesets that's just "Name of Moveset, Author" with a link to the post?

Gryphon

Smash Journeyman
That seems really, really, really , really, really complicated. Seriously, you're going to have a hard time keeping track of all that, especially when you get to a user who doesn't really want a profile. And what if a moveset has more than one class? It just seems like a lot of busy work, honestly. The "Ranks" section especially sounds like...well, like a generally bad idea.

Really, what's so wrong with a simple list of movesets that's just "Name of Moveset, Author" with a link to the post?
Listen. if a character has more than one class, so be it. They will be in more than one class. If you havent seen dancingfrogman's previous list, you should take a gander. because even HE knows how ridiculously massive the list can get. If a person doesnt want a profile, they dont need to. If you put it that way, ALOT of things are complicated in this world, but somebody has to do them. It will take work, but it aint stopping me, because hard work is always worth doing, my friend.

And why is that such a bad idea, Mendez? You guys are talking about advertising your movesets now, and this happens to help out with that. This encourages people to post in the thread, rather than enter a moveset, begone, and never come back. It wiould be sad if the winner of the MYM contest left a month ago and never came back.

Chief Mendez

Smash Master
Listen. I'm not saying you shouldn't do it. If it's something you want to do, then go right ahead--I'm not stoppin' you.

What I am saying is that I don't think it's really necessary. Other people might feel differently, but all I really want out of a list is basically Junahu's, only with links to the movesets in question, so I don't have to go slogging through the thread to find a specific page.

Red Arremer

Smash Legend
The "Ranks" section especially sounds like...well, like a generally bad idea.
I absolutely agree with Mendez on that one.

Consider for example the fact that MasterWarlord doesn't have as much posts as Mendez does. It would be - in the end - a handful of people who ALWAYS are on the top list because they have high post count due to their registration date or the fact they're active not only in MYM. That's imho a pretty unfair system of "ranking".
Especially for good moveset makers who don't post generally much, like Junahu.

Gryphon

Smash Journeyman
Actually, it wouldnt exactly be a rank as far as best moveset. It just means people who are more active have priority to have their moveset presented locally. MasterWarlord has great movesets, but just because his isnt on there doesnt mean they are bad. We are going to have a Hall of Fame section for stuff like that. I just couldnt find a better name than Ranks. I think we were at a misunderstanding.

But anyway, the whole point of this is to NOT have to slog through pages. Check my sig link. That index page is just an example of just how neat and compact it will be. You wouldn't have to scroll at all. It basically narrows things down so that you arent scrolling on a laggy screen. This wont just be an archive site later on. Its still in development, and you need to see the finished job before you think it is unnecessary and problematic.

Iron Thorn

Smash Lord
Going to Gamelon. I'm taking the Triforce of Spag
I feel like, for S's and G's, like classing my entries:

Dry Bones
Origin: Mario Series
Class: Villain, Animal, Supernatural

Froslass
Origin: Pokemon, 4th Generation
Class: Pokemon, Female

Nintendogs
Origin: Nintendogs (well, duh)
Class: Animals

Twilight Zelda
Origin: Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess
Class: Magic User, Warrior, Female

Teigen Kalos
Origin: Ill-defined half-baked story in Iron Thorn's head
Class: Female, Original, Warrior, Animal (I think)

Bear Holding a Shark:
Origin: Strong Bad E-mail
Class: Animal

Erutashi Orrandey:
Origin: The Tome of Thea (SUPARSECRET PROJECT among me and my friends)
Class: Original, Female, Warrior, Supernatural (teh ph1rez aren't magic. They come from some canine demigoddess that had the poor judgment to pick Eru as a vessel)

Mightyena:
Origin: Pokemon, 3rd Generation
Class: Pokemon

And might I suggest some other classes?

Undead
Humorous
Monster
Special Mechanic

etc.

Gryphon

Smash Journeyman
I feel like, for S's and G's, like classing my entries:

And might I suggest some other classes?

Undead
Humorous
Monster
Special Mechanic

etc.
lol. Thanks, ma'am. Private message them to me if you can. btw, these are 4.0 right?

And as for your recommendations, we dont want it TOO narrow. lol. Undead would be in the Monster section, which we can use. Crash is a humorous character, but he is already an animal. And special mechanic is WAAY too narrow. lol

Chief Mendez

Smash Master
Actually, it wouldnt exactly be a rank as far as best moveset. It just means people who are more active have priority to have their moveset presented locally. MasterWarlord has great movesets, but just because his isnt on there doesnt mean they are bad.
But it would mean that his 'sets wouldn't be as publicized.

Now that you put it like that, I like the idea even less. You're basically saying that the people who post most often are going to get the most exposure. But that's ridiculous, since post count =/= moveset quality.

Maybe I'm still missing something, but that doesn't sound fair at all. :ohwell:

D

Deleted member

I'll give it a shot, too:

Chosen One:
Origin: Kung Pow! Enter the Fist
Class: Supernatural

Teen Girl Squad:
Origin: Sbemail #53 "comic"
Class: Human, Female

This Game's Winner:
Origin: Smash World Forums, Super Smash Bros. Brawl
Class: Warrior, Supernatural, Original Character

Roger Rabbit:
Origin: Who Framed Roger Rabbit?
Class: Animal, Warrior, Supernatural

Master Betty
Origin: Kung Pow! Enter the Fist
Class: Warrior, Villain

Shapeshifter Strong Bad
Origin: Strongest Man in the World, Sbemail #192 "shapeshifter"
Class: Magic User, Villain

Arwing:
Origin: Star Fox
Class: Machine

Chieftain Tuoli:
Origin: Spore
Class: Animal, Warrior, Magic User

I would also like to see a multiple character class.

Gryphon

Smash Journeyman
But it would mean that his 'sets wouldn't be as publicized.

Now that you put it like that, I like the idea even less. You're basically saying that the people who post most often are going to get the most exposure. But that's ridiculous, since post count =/= moveset quality.

Maybe I'm still missing something, but that doesn't sound fair at all. :ohwell:
Yeah, you are missing something. lol

Post count doesnt equal moveset quality. We got that. That isnt what we are doing here.

Basically, activity is rewarding. Just because a moveset is more publicized doesnt make it the best. It is the same as what we are doing now. We are advertising our movesets by posting, correct? This section is no different. It doesnt have to be this way, but I dont see anyone with a better way of doing it. If you want to bump it, that's okay, dont just blurt out the negativity of it all. Gee :dizzy:

Edit: Thanks, Baron. Can you PM it to me? There wont have to be a multiple class section, but we will do it anyway.

D

Deleted member

No, I meant a class for multiple characters in one, like Team Rocket and Teen Girl Squad.

Red Arremer

Smash Legend
Basically, activity is rewarding. Just because a moveset is more publicized doesnt make it the best. It is the same as what we are doing now. We are advertising our movesets by posting, correct? This section is no different. It doesnt have to be this way, but I dont see anyone with a better way of doing it. If you want to bump it, that's okay, dont just blurt out the negativity of it all. Gee :dizzy:
Okay, I'll give you an example of what you will do with that:

User SmashBrosMike (let's take him as a good example) has (now just made up) 5000 posts. He posts one of his "awesome" movesets like he did during this contest, you know, Ridley and King K. Rool and such. Due to the fact his activity is high (5000 posts), you are bound to rank his movesets - as bad as they may be - among the top.

User Junahu (he's another good example, and we can use real digits for that one) has not even 100 posts. He posts a really good moveset which deserves praise. Due to the fact he's not that active on the boards (<100 posts), his moveset is destined to be not even looked at with your arse.

I call that more than just unfair.

half_silver28

Smash Ace
:bee: ~ Is...is it time?? ... I guess so. But before I post anything, I'd like to take this opportunity to say this: CHECK OUT THE MOVESETS IN MY SIG!!!!!!

... now that that's out of the way, here's the final MYM award list. You can either post ur votes here in the thread or you can pm me ur votes, if you'd rather stay anonymous. Voting will end on the 7th, right before voting for the top movesets start. Anyway, here's the list:

MYM 3.0 Awards!

Best Moveset Designer: (choose 5)

Spadefox – lip, gilius thunderhead, rouge the bat, Stanislav ‘Spade’ Serkov, missingNo(joke), silver the hedgehog, blaze the cat, chaos, Gemini spark, shadow, numberman.EXE, sandbag, dr. eggman(done with KoJ), kovomaka students, shannon(from God Hand), After the Storm(SSE)

BKuppa666 – timon & pumbaa, Indiana jones, bowser, tiggah(OC), jack sparrow, harry potter, King K. Rool(second one), andy’s toys, harry Houdini, The Darkness Ascending(SSE), Simba, Woody, Cranky Kong, Beast Trio(OC), Samurai Panda

TWILTHERO – shinon, jeff hardy, pidgeotto, drake & josh, gibari(baiten kaitos), Leonardo, Mia(fire emblem), The Eternal Darkness & Wings of Hope(SSE), Sagi(baiten kaitos)

Smashbot226 – xemnas, astaroth, smashbot226(OC), xigbar, shadowrunner, sol badguy, kite(from .hack universe), godtier(joke… kind of), sauron, ‘new’ toon link, yoda, Days of Tabuu(SSE), bioshock jack

Chris Lionheart – chris lionheart(older; OC), Pelleas, zelos wilder, SSE: The Evil Pact, the third agers, aschencroft(OC), geoffery, gerik, shiro tagachi, Ash*taka & San

dancingfrogman – Team Rocket, tails, chao, dry bowser, Nights, death adder, bean(from sonic the fighters), metal knuckles, captain syrup, froggy(OC)

MasterWarlord – King K. Rool, big the cat, yoshimitsu, voldo, magikarp(joke), nightmare, Cervantes, Miserable Little Pile of Secrets(SSE), blood falcon(joke)

KoJ – dr. eggman, big daddy & little sister, Uuber man, dalek, luffy, jack torrence, zombie(OC), gecko moria, fatman

Iron Thorn – dry bones, nintendogs, froslass, sword/twilight Zelda, teigen kalos(OC), bear holding a shark, Erutashi Orrandey(OC), Mightyena

cheap_josh – supercultist(OC), cutlass(OC), the CEO(OC), Philip the forest bear(OC), pizzaman(OC), street performer(OC), Spaceman G(OC)

Chief Mendez – grey fox, phoenix wright, simon belmont, Dracula, bill rizer & lance bean, naota nandaba, Sora(the only good one)

SirKibble – paper luigi, cutman, chosen one(from animator vs. animation), worm soldier, sandslash, waddle doo, crono

Commander Blitzkrieg – baz, team big shots, mystery men, gigan, hippowdon, master hand(joke… well sort of), grown-up Bowser Jr. & Nina cortex

Hyper_Ridley – vulturon, omega ridley, fulgore, beauty & the beast unit, Bass.EXE, enker, shade(sonic chronicles)

majora_787 – skull kid, death sword, meta ridley, Ian Guardian 787(OC), sylux, darknut, Ramses(OC)

KingK.Rool – magikoopa, pidgeot, grim reaper, squeak squad, Kirby(redone), the headless horseman

LUVTOY77-ROGUEWIREFRAME – knuckles, gruntilda, banjo & kazooie, mew, Weldar(Banjo-Kazooie), mewtwo

IvoryFlame – joe perry, the bombastic bag man(OC), shroob, Battlefield Subspace: Invasion is Go(!), Thor, SYLAR(from Heroes)

TVTMaster – Sain, shy guy, treecko, zora soldier, TVTMaster(OC), Pom Pom

Junahu – Donna(OC), COMPLETE LIST OF EVERY MOVESET IN THE FREAKING THREAD, MYM 3 OC finder

mantlecore77 – peter griffin, Donald & goofy, bad mr. frosty, garet(golden sun), rand marks

Smasherk808 – Kirby friends, medicham, amy rose, N. Tropy, whispy woods

PKSyler – servbot, starmen, pokey minch, paula polestar, Tien

Half_Silver28 – Lloyd Irving, Colette, Stanley Yelnats, Batman

MarthTrinity – light & ryuk, Lil’ slugger, egoraptor, DK crew

Delta_BP26 – ray 01, xatu, noxus, megaman SF

Eternal Smasher – Kuroudou akabane, toku & enril, zoop triangle

agidius – clipit, LOLcat, Mallow

The_Great_Panda – Isaac, Genesis Rhapsodos, Fayt Liengod

Meadow – Doopliss, the bard, goombella

Naked snake – metal sonic, Gordon freeman, Hannah Montana(joke)

Best OC(Original Character) Designer: (choose 2)

cheap_josh

Iron Thorn

Chris Lionheart

majora_787

BKuppa666

Junahu

IvoryFlame

Spadefox

TVTMaster

Best SSE: (choose 2)

MasterWarlord – Miserable Little Pile of Secrets

Smashbot226 – Days of Tabuu

IvoryFlame – Battlefield Subspace: Invasion is Go!

Chris Lionheart – SSE: The Evil Pact

Spadefox – After the Storm

TWILTHERO – The Eternal Darkness & Wings of Hope

BKuppa666 – The Darkness Ascending

Best One(or Two)-Hit Wonder: (choose 3)

Pure_awesome – a rock(OC)

Junahu – Donna(OC)

GreatClayMonkey – Bitey of brackenwood

kitsuneko345 – plusle & minun, delibird

Vaul – Shaman

Greenstreet – Professor Oak

Jiggy37 – Colette(second moveset), daisy

HeoandReo – dan hibiki, chun-li

Smash Daddy – Vivi Orunitia

Kholdstare – Fierce Deity Link(the one that doesn’t suck), Chuck Norris(joke)

MajinNecro69 – Athena asamiya

Kiki52 – Master Chief

JackieRabbit5 – Krystal

-DXH- – Meowth

InfernoRage1 – elite beat agents, king Arthur

xX_Boezy_Xx – starkiller/the secret apprentice, inferno

Truedymion – vectorman

Mardyke – Neku & Shiki

Best Pokemon Entry: (choose 3)

kitsuneko345 – plusle & minun

kitsuneko345(again) – delibird

KingK.Rool – pidgeot

Commander Blitzkrieg – hippowdon

Commander Blitzkrieg(again) – team big shots

SirKibble – sandslash

dancingfrogman – Team Rocket

Iron Thorn – Froslass

Iron Thorn(again) – Mightyena

Greenstreet – Professor Oak (alright it’s weakening, finish it professor oak!!!)

TVTMaster – treecko

Smasherk808 – medicham

-DXH- – Meowth

Delta_BP26 – xatu

LUVTOY77-ROGUEWIREFRAME – mew

LUVTOY77-ROGUEWIREFRAME(again) – mewtwo

TWILTHERO – pidgeotto

Most Improved Moveset Designer: (choose 1)

MasterWarlord

Hyper_Ridley

TWILTHERO

Smasherk808

Spadefox

dancingfrogman

cheap_josh

Most Helpful MYM poster: (choose 2)

SirKibble

Junahu

Spadefox

Chief Mendez

MasterWarlord

Commander Blitzkrieg

KingK. Rool

KoJ

Iron Thorn

GreatClayMonkey

Smashbot226

Half_Silver28(ah…..um…. *runs away*)

Funniest MYM poster: (choose 3)

--WAMY-- – skull kid w/ majora’s mask, fierce deity link(a.k.a. the best moveset EVAR /sarcasm)

TheSundanceKid – buzz lightyear, The Young & The Movesets, the delicious one, ty the Tasmanian tiger

Sonic the Baron – chosen one, teen girl squad, this game’s winner(OC), lucky day, mama luigi, master betty, shapeshifter strong bad, pikafan8269297(joke), arwing, Chieftain Tuoli

Chief Mendez

IvoryFlame

MasterWarlord

Smashbot226

Commander Blitzkrieg

BKuppa666

Darkurai – firestar, giygas(joke), super smash bros. brawl box, youko, the kid(from I wanna be the guy)

Spadefox

cheap_josh

SirKibble

Iron Thorn

TWILTHERO

Naked Snake

Best Moveset Rater: (choose 2)

MasterWarlord

SirKibble

Chief Mendez

Spadefox

KingK. Rool

Chris Lionheart

HeoandReo

Sonic the Baron

TVTMaster

Darkurai

Top Commie: (choose 2)

Commander Blitzkrieg

Chief Mendez

MasterWarlord

SirKibble

GreatClayMonkey

Chris Lionheart

HeoandReo

Sonic the Baron

THIS THREAD’S WINRAR IS: (choose 2)

Chief Mendez

MasterWarlord

SirKibble

Commander Blitzkrieg

KingK. Rool

Spadefox

Junahu

cheap_josh

KoJ

Iron Thorn

TWILTHERO

Smashbot226

Chris Lionheart

KingK.Rool

Smash Lord
WHEEEEEEEEEEE at the introduction of me to three new categories! Not that I expect anyone to vote for me as this thread's WINRAR... or for anyone but Warlord or possibly Mendez as best rater...

Still, it's the thought that counts! And I at least have a good shot at Best Pokemon and (maybe) Best Moveset Designer.

On another (though slightly related) note, Kovomaka Students WILL be rated before the day is out. I'm in the process of reading it, Spadefox.

Red Arremer

Smash Legend
I won't vote for myself since this would be unfair. Here we go.

MYM 3.0 Awards - Spadefox' votes

KoJ
Iron Thorn
Chief Mendez
Hyper_Ridley
KingK.Rool

cheap_josh
Junahu

TWILTHERO – The Eternal Darkness & Wings of Hope

Junahu
HeoandReo
Vaul

Best Pokemon Entry: (choose 2)

KingK.Rool - Pidgeot
SirKibble - Sandslash
Iron Thorn - Mightyena

MasterWarlord

SirKibble
Junahu

Chief Mendez
Darkurai (freaking MissingNo-Pokéball... this was the threads most awesome non-moveset contribution, imo)
cheap_josh

KingK. Rool
Chief Mendez

Chief Mendez
SirKibble

KingK. Rool
KoJ

(the last vote is cast because he's awesome but never showed up again. =/ )

Oh, and MasterWarlord and Mendez haven't recieved (much) votes from me for the mere reason that they'll recieve many votes anyway.

TVTMaster

Smash Apprentice

MasterWarlord
Chief Mendez
SirKibble
KingK.Rool
TWILTHERO
TVTMaster
Honorable Mention: HalfSilver28 (for Lloyd Irving pwn)

Junahu
Spadefox

MasterWarlord
Chris Lionheart

Junahu – Donna(OC)

Best Pokemon Entry: (choose 2)

KingK.Rool – Pidgeot
Commander Blitzkrieg – Team Big Shots

MasterWarlord
TWILTHERO

SirKibble
Junahu

--WAMY--
Sonic the Baron – chosen one, teen girl squad, this game’s winner(OC), lucky day, mama luigi, master betty, shapeshifter strong bad, pikafan8269297(joke), arwing, Chieftain Tuoli

SirKibble
Chief Mendez

No idea

MasterWarlord
Chief Mendez

Red Arremer

Smash Legend
I saw that I posted in a few votes too much/little, so I changed it. My voting sheet is finalized now.

D

Deleted member

--WAMY--
:D *Gives TVTMaster a cookie*

KingK.Rool

Smash Lord

MasterWarlord – King K. Rool, big the cat, yoshimitsu, voldo, magikarp(joke), nightmare, Cervantes, Miserable Little Pile of Secrets(SSE), blood falcon(joke)
KoJ – dr. eggman, big daddy & little sister, Uuber man, dalek, luffy, jack torrence, zombie(OC), gecko moria, fatman
Chief Mendez – grey fox, phoenix wright, simon belmont, Dracula, bill rizer & lance bean, naota nandaba, Sora(the only good one)
TVTMaster – Sain, shy guy, treecko, zora soldier, TVTMaster(OC), Pom Pom
Meadow – Doopliss, the bard, goombella

Honourable Mention: Hyper_Ridley. It was hell choosing who to cut off the list, but I figure you'll get plenty of votes anyway, while Meadow and TVTMaster are less recognized.

cheap_josh
Iron Thorn

Junahu – Donna(OC)
Truendymion – vectorman

kitsuneko345 – plusle & minun
kitsuneko345(again) – delibird
Iron Thorn – Froslass

TWILTHERO

SirKibble
Chief Mendez

--WAMY-- – skull kid w/ majora’s mask, fierce deity link(a.k.a. the best moveset EVAR /sarcasm)
TheSundanceKid – buzz lightyear, The Young & The Movesets, the delicious one, ty the Tasmanian tiger
Chief Mendez (his antics amuse me)

MasterWarlord
Chief Mendez

Chief Mendez
SirKibble

Chief Mendez
MasterWarlord

My votes. Sorries if I didn't vote for you. There's way too many people around here who deserve recognition.

Chief Mendez

Smash Master
Basically, activity is rewarding. Just because a moveset is more publicized doesnt make it the best. It is the same as what we are doing now. We are advertising our movesets by posting, correct? This section is no different. It doesnt have to be this way, but I dont see anyone with a better way of doing it.
But the way these contests are setup, by definition publicity = a better chance of winning.

Why? Because the more people know about it, the more potential votes it can get. Let's say User A posts a really really good 'set, but then only visits the thread occasionally. Meanwhile, User B posts much lesser 'set, but sticks around and posts on basically every page.

This system of yours gives User B's poor moveset an unfair advantage. I really don't see how this is helping anything.

And I know I'm being negative...but hey, that's just how I feel about it. :ohwell:

Best Moveset Designer:

Spadefox
KoJ
Hyper_Ridley
KingK.Rool
PKSkyler
Eternal Smasher

Honorable Mention: MasterWarlord

Best OC(Original Character) Designer:

cheap_josh
Junahu

Best SSE:

MasterWarlord
Chris Lionheart

Best One(or Two)-Hit Wonder:

kitsuneko345
HeoandReo
Kholdstare

Best Pokemon Entry:

kitsuneko345
KingK.Rool
Commander Blitzkrieg

Most Improved Moveset Designer:

Hyper_Ridley

Most Helpful MYM poster:

SirKibble
Junahu

Funniest MYM poster:

TheSundanceKid
cheap_josh
SirKibble

Best Moveset Rater:

MasterWarlord
KingK. Rool

Top Commie:

MasterWarlord
SirKibble

THIS THREAD’S WINRAR IS:

KingK. Rool
KoJ
...That's my two cents. :bee:

EDIT - Oh, wait. "Honorable Mention?" Let me get right on that...

Iron Thorn

Smash Lord
Going to Gamelon. I'm taking the Triforce of Spag
Huzzah for lime green!

Best Moveset Designers:

MasterWarlord
cheap_josh
BKupa666
Chief Mendez
SirKibble

Best OCs:

Junahu
cheap_josh

Best SSEs:

MasterWarlord
Chris Lionheart

Best One/Two-Hit Wonder:

Junahu - Donna Letman
Vaul - Shaman
HeoAndReo - Chun-Li

Best Pokemon Entry:

dancingfrogman - Team Rocket
Greenstreet - Professor Oak

Most Improved:

MasterWarlord

Most Helpful:

SirKibble
Junahu

Funniest:

Sonic the Baron
Chief Mendez
SundanceKid

Best Moveset Rater:

SirKibble
MasterWarlord

Top Commie:

SirKibble
Commander BlitzKrieg

THIS THREAD'S WINNAR IS:

MasterWarlord
Chief Mendez

dancingfrogman

Smash Ace
Switch FC
3133 8842 3910
MYM 3.0 Awards!

Hyper_Ridley – vulturon, omega ridley, fulgore, beauty & the beast unit, Bass.EXE, enker, shade(sonic chronicles)

KingK.Rool – magikoopa, pidgeot, grim reaper, squeak squad, Kirby(redone), the headless horseman

cheap_josh

Iron Thorn

Junahu – Donna(OC)

Truedymion – vectorman

kitsuneko345 – delibird
kitsuneko345 - Pulse and Minim
KingK.Rool – pidgeot

Hyper_Ridley

SirKibble
Junahu

MasterWarlord
Chief Mendez

Chief Mendez
SirKibble

Chief Mendez
MasterWarlord
answers up above! oh and Tails Doll mechanic is meant to be hard tracking out of, and a very hard person to master because of it, it's like brawling in a match which doesn't show the percentages, or like your not able to see how much XP you have to the next level in an RPG. Sorry for anyone not being on the list, but EVERYONE should vote for ME :mad::mad:, nah, i'm only joking :laugh:

Chief Mendez

Smash Master
So be it, Mendez. If you can help in that field, I would appreciate that, but allow me to learn from any possible mistakes.
I really do like the overall idea...but it's just that one section that irks me. If you were to toss that, I wouldn't have anything to complain about, honest.

Then you'd just have a really in-depth archival system. Which, as I said, will probably be a b*tch and a half to keep up-to-date...but as long as you realize that, more power to ya'. :)

EDIT - On this MYM Awards thing...I suppose it'd be sort of pointless to start advertising movesets right now, wouldn't it? When's the cut-off date for voting on them, again?

Gryphon

Smash Journeyman
I really do like the overall idea...but it's just that one section that irks me. If you were to toss that, I wouldn't have anything to complain about, honest.

Then you'd just have a really in-depth archival system. Which, as I said, will probably be a b*tch and a half to keep up-to-date...but as long as you realize that, more power to ya'. :)
Thanks, but this is what I do for a living. I am not going to give up, if that is what you are afraid of. I have a partner who has experience in archiving, we should be able to handle it. Designing is my life. :)

Red Arremer

Smash Legend

Yes. I'd support to scrap the "top rank moveset" stuff.

As long as this is implemented into your archive, I wouldn't want to contribute my movesets and information about them into it. Sorry.

Gryphon

Smash Journeyman
Yes. I'd support to scrap the "top rank moveset" stuff.

As long as this is implemented into your archive, I wouldn't want to contribute my movesets and information about them into it. Sorry.
I got it. It was just a little suggestion that sucked. Not gonna get beat up by it. I can live without a little thingamobobin.

dancingfrogman

Smash Ace
Switch FC
3133 8842 3910
I agree with Spadefox and Mendez here, if we go by the ranking system that makes you higher the more someone posts regulary, this would make Sirkibble and Spadefox top by far (having over 400 posts), and that would mean the "better" movesets made by people who don't regulary attend nearly as much as they do will not be advertised, and lets say "new" people came to the thread, and see that Sirkibble and Spadefox are at the top of the list, they'll think that they are the best movesets, and what COULD happen is that someone posts with an moveset which could be below average in the next moveset, and they thought they did good, yet the person would get disheartend if they red someone say "that was a pile of rubbish" or to that degree, and they would think "but this is better than....", see where i'm getting at here?

EDIT: oh, you have changed your mind now, never mind then!

Gryphon

Smash Journeyman
I agree with Spadefox and Mendez here, if we go by the ranking system that makes you higher the more someone posts regulary, this would make Sirkibble and Spadefox top by far (having over 400 posts), and that would mean the "better" movesets made by people who don't regulary attend nearly as much as they do will not be advertised, and lets say "new" people came to the thread, and see that Sirkibble and Spadefox are at the top of the list, they'll think that they are the best movesets, and what COULD happen is that someone posts with an moveset which could be below average in the next moveset, and they thought they did good, yet the person would get disheartend if they red someone say "that was a pile of rubbish" or to that degree, and they would think "but this is better than....", see where i'm getting at here?
It was your idea, frogman. lol

Edit: btw, any commies know of a possible date for MYM 4.0?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom