• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Make Your Move 3.0: It's over, it's done, moving on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Raging-Banebou

Smash Cadet
I've got one!
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Skitz
(Belongs to me)

Description: Skitz is a hero from Cyberspace. He's much like Megaman and Mantarou Kinniku/Kid Muscle. His English voice actor should be Frankie Muniz, while his Japanese voice actress should be Yumiko Kobayashi.

Standard A Attacks:

A: A single punch.
A, A: A one-two punch.
A, A, A: A one-two punch followed by an uppercut.

Tilt A (up): An upwards slash from his Cybersabre.
Tilt A (left/right): A short-ranged burst of plasma fired from his arm cannon.
Tilt A (down): A sweep kick.

A (air): Does a kick.
Tilt A (up in air): Does a flip kick.
Tilt A (left/right in air): Does a hook punch.
Tilt A (down in air): Slashes downwards with his Cybersabre.

Smash A (up): Does a powerful flip-kick.
Smash A (left/right): Punches forward with a "Brass Knuckle".
Smash A (down): Shoots the ground with his arm cannon, making a small geyser of plasma shoot upwards.

Throw Attacks:

While holding the opponent: Skitz grabs the opponent's sides.
During hold, press A: Skitz punches the opponent.
Up throw: Skitz tosses the opponent up and shoots them with a charged-up shot.
Left/Right throw: Skitz does a back-drop.
Down throw: Skitz leaps up while holding the opponent, flips upside-down (while holding the opponent) and drives the opponent headfirst into the ground.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

B Attacks:

Neutral B: Plasma Buster
Description: Like Samus, Skitz fires a shot of plasma from his arm-cannon. (Longer charge-time=more hits and damage)

Left/Right B: Cybersabre Combo
Description: Skitz slashes with his Cybersabre. Pressing B once is a forwards slash, second press follows it up with a sideways slash and the third press finishes the whole combo with a powerful downwards slash.

Up B: Pogo-Launch
Description: Skitz launches himself into the air with a robotic pogo-stick. The pogo-stick's spike can damage opponents.

Down B: Barrier
Description: Skitz activates a barrier. It's like Fox's Reflector, except if it's hit by a powerful attack, the barrier disappears.

Final Smash: Synchro-Mode/Cyber Millenium
Description: Skitz glows a vivid blue as he shouts "Synchro-Mode...Activate!". If he grabs the opponent while he glows blue, you'll see a cutscene (think C. Falcon's Final Smash) where Skitz uppercuts the opponent, leaps up after them and teleports above the opponent, before turning upside-down with his head on the opponent's back while grabbing the opponent's head and feet while pulling them upwards. He then shouts "Cyber Millenium!!!" and slams the opponent into the ground...HARD!!! (After this or if the 40 seconds are up, the Final Smash is over)

Entrance: Teleports onto the stage.
Up taunt: Twirls his Cybersabre in his hand...until the handle whacks him upside the head! :chuckle:
Left/Right taunt: Cycles through his "Weapons Screen" before saying "Okay."
Down Taunt: Reloads his arm cannon

Victory 1: Does the classic "Peace" sign...with both hands!
Victory 2: Shoots the air upwards with his arm cannon.
Victory 3: Gives two thumbs up and smiles a toothy grin

Supspace Emissary Role: (this is for if Marina is playable) Skitz and Marina are sent to investigate the sudden appearance of Subspace Portals until they find themselves surrounded by Primids. The fight is brutal, but after the Primids have been defeated, Wario suddenly appears in front of Skitz and Marina. After a while, Wario decides to be a jerk, turns Marina into a trophy and runs off.

In anger, Skitz goes after Wario and, after defeating him, turns Marina back to her usual self. They then notice the Halbred and go after it in pursuit...

MasterWarlord

Smash Champion
Not wasting countless hours on a 10 man community
Nooooooooooooooo!!! I guess Chunky Kong will have to wait 'til next time. :(
Don't worry. I have a moveset I've been working on for over a month begging to be posted, but I'm saving it for mym 4. Yes, there will be one. As of now we're thinking it'll start late November.

Chunky has a impressive amount of moveset potential for basically being a clone of DK in terms of physical stature, I hope you'll make use of it. Why not take this time to further revise your moveset to make sure it's in top notch quality?

If you don't feel like doing that, you can take a look at some of the other movesets here while you wait. Take a look at all the advertisements littering the past few pages for some great movesets to take a look at.

Welcome to MYM.

Weldar

Smash Cadet
I'd like to withdraw my only submission that no-one probably cares about anyway. Looking over it it need some work and I'd rather start afresh and earlier in the thread so I'll wait for 4

Iron Thorn

Smash Lord
Going to Gamelon. I'm taking the Triforce of Spag
Short preview of Aeneas.

(Aeneas is the one not getting stepped on. I would've found a more "modern" one on dA but it was clogged up with pictures of stupid original characters. If someone can find a good dA picture of THE Aeneas I would greatly appreciate it)

Vergil may be long dead, but his Muse sings on! Aeneas has joined the Brawl!

Stats:

Size: 9/10 With his helmet on, Aeneas is as tall as Ganondorf.
Weight: 7/10 Aeneas is loaded up with weapons and armor, which weigh him down.
Power: 5/10 His moves are a mix of slow-but-strong and fast-and-weak.
Range: 10/10 Aside from his trusty deer-downing bow, Aeneas' spear also gives him great close-up range, allowing him to play keep-away quite effectively.
Walk Speed: 2/10 The hero of Troy walks slowly and proudly, head held high.
Dash Speed: 5/10 He's no turtle, but Aeneas can only go so fast when he's loaded up with all that weaponry.
First Jump: 7/10 The great hero polevaults using his spear, traveling a great horizontal distance and a decent vertical span as well.
Second Jump: 4/10 Pushing off the air with his sandaled feet, Aeneas has an inferior second jump.
Fall Speed: 8/10 Though his mother is a goddess, Aeneas is as subject to gravity as any man of purely mortal parentage - and with his equipment, even more so.
Traction: 2/10 Those old-timey sandals don't give the best grip on the ground.
Crawl: No
Wall-kick: No
Wall Cling: Nope.
Glide: Negatron.
Tether: And no.

Chris Lionheart

Smash Champion
Aw MYM 4 is at late November? Couldn't we do it a bit earlier?

My Stickman moveset is epic...
While it would be nice (and I've already got a moveset ready for the front page), we need time to vote and to process the votes, finally declaring the winners. Maybe, if we're lucky, MYM 4 will start a bit earlier (because late November is an estimated date), but don't count on it.

IMO, this week for updates and advertising is unnecessary, but atleast it gives me time to work on future movesets.

Looking forward to Aeneas.

Chief Mendez

Smash Master
[nandaba naota]

Mendez, you're up. I've already reviewed a set from one of the dastardly duo - Warlord's Cervantes - now let's see how one of your more recent movesets stacks up to your fabled Dracula.

//:[rELEVANCE TO CHARACTER/]
Now, I've never watched Fooly Cooly, but your passion for the show and its character shine through in every aspect of the moveset. Many attacks seem so true to the source material that they're hard for someone who hasn't watched it to understand. The whole N.O. Channel thing pretty much goes over my head, but I can see at a glance that you're being as faithful as possible to the show. 10/10

//:[dETAIL/]
Mendez's talent for condensing his writing comes through again. Although the paragraphs are all fairly brief, pretty much everything that's even vaguely important is covered. A select few attacks are kind of tricky to envisage - very few, though - but for the most part, description is top notch. I have nothing to complain about here; you even mention when and why to use everything. 9/10

//:[bALANCE/]
Naota's Up Tilt seems a bit too convenient, depending on how long it takes for your batteries to run out. His Down Smash seems slightly overpowered, again, depending on how long the pause between strums is. However, this moveset mostly leans towards weakness. Both his N.O. channels and Canti transformation take time to be charged, and Naota on his own is kind of weak; he doesn't even have a proper Up B! On the other hand, he has useful attacks here and there - like the aforementioned - and when charged, Canti is beastly. On the whole, everything cancels itself out neatly. And that's good. 8/10

//:[oRIGINALITY/]
For the most part, your attacks are ridiculously unique. Seriously, it's a challenge to find a single one that is even slightly resembling anything already in the game. The Canti change is pretty much different from every other transformation in the thread, and most guitar-based attacks stand out against other weapon attacks. Down B is a counter, I suppose, but it has a twist. Oh, and your throws are the most creative ones I've ever seen in a moveset. 9/10

//:[pLAYSTYLE/]
Naota has a very interesting moveset, what with his many guitar attacks. The spacing provided by the sonic waves and robotic aspect of half his specials give him a very distinctive feel. There's no overarching mechanic, unless you're thinking of the Canti transformation, but the attacks are unique enough to make up for it. And the item attacks - like his tilts - add to the feel. 8/10

//:[oRGANIZATION/]
Crazily awesome use of various symbols - which I've copied for this review, because they're just that cool - colour on the attack names, bbcode, the attack-info layout... and the headers. This really couldn't be any better here. Fantastic layout indeed. 10/10

//:[eXTRAS/]
Going against tradition, you've got quite a few of them this time around. Again, it's probably because of the character you're working on. Anyway, they're pretty good, so points for you. +2

//:[oVERALL/]
I think that, if the character was more well known and as generally awesome as Dracula, this moveset would be almost as popular. As is, this obscure character is doomed to be forgotten (although hopefully this review will remind people of it). You show the same creativity, detail, and easy writing style. I only wish I was more familiar with Naota himself. Well, that's why you're one of the top moveset makers of the thread, and why I'm so looking forward to Mach Rider and Deoxys.

56/60

Everyone else: Go check this moveset out now. It's really very very very good. If you enjoyed Dracula at all, check it out. And while you're at it, check out Bill and Lance; I liked that one even more than this, and almost as much as I liked The Count himself.
Detail: I read through it myself yesterday, and yeah I see what you mean. I had to ponder his Bair for a while before it clicked for me--and I actually made the thing.

Balance: The pillars of flame from his Utilt lasts for one second before disappearing and reappearing on the opposite side. So there should be plenty of time for an opportunistic opponent to sneak an attack in if they're paying attention. His Dsmash is similar--there's about a second of lag between each strum, if indeed you decide to keep on playing.

Oh, and your throws are the most creative ones I've ever seen in a moveset.
:bee:

Overall: I'd been working on this moveset from the very start of the contest, and even a little before it. Every time I'd get close to posting it, I'd catch something that didn't quite do it for the FLCL fanatic inside me, and I'd send it right back to the drawing board. Yeah I know it's obscure--though that it is is simply criminal--but FLCL's basically my favorite thing ever. More than Smash Bros, more than Zelda, more than Shadow of the Colossus. So for this one, I really, really gave it my all.

And I'm glad you liked it! :chuckle:

Smady

Smash Master
I don't know who Naota is, but the styling behind that moveset is enough to entice me to read it.

FooLy CooLy? You learn something new everyday; that anime's on my to-watch list. :chuckle:

Chief Mendez

Smash Master
FooLy CooLy? You learn something new everyday; that anime's on my to-watch list. :chuckle:
YES

If I can get even one person to watch Gainax's masterpiece, all the work I put into that 'set will have been worth it. It's only 6 episodes long. It's sub-50$ on Amazon. It's totally free to watch online No seriously buy the DVDs. Being able to skip frames is an absolute necessity for most episodes if you want to catch all the easter eggs (and believe me, you do).

EDIT - One of Aeneas' taunts needs to be "makes out with Dido".

EDIR2 - Also totally sort of off-topic, but has anyone else read Ilium by Dan Simmons?

cheap_josh

Smash Ace
I watched it... but it was before I saw your moveset. It was a couple years ago actually. It really is a cool series, and this is coming from someone who usually doesn't watch anime.

I recommend it.

Smady

Smash Master
Erm, yes, I've known of FLCL by word of mouth for years. That and FMA were the favorites of this one person I knew from BYOND, but that's ancient history now. Great moveset, Mendez.

Chief Mendez

Smash Master
Yay FLCL is awesome/thanks for the compliments 'Daddy, but--new page calls for a new ad!

Holy crap, two ads in one post!? Insanity, I know. But it's totally, totally worth it.

The two movesets you see (or should be seeing--click on the pretty pictures!) before you are 2/3rds of the movesets contributed to this contest by HeoandReo, whom I believe is a former C.O.M.M.I.E., but for whatever reason has essentially left Smashboards. For greener pastures, I hope. So while the author may be gone, his spirit lives on inside these two amazingly good movesets.

Really, these babies are stand-up examples of how to make a moveset. Sure, they may not be the most attractive gatherings of text, but I think that if you read these and take anything away from them, it's this: when you make a moveset, be absolutely SURE that you love the character you're working on. HeoandReo is quite clearly a SF fanatic, and perhaps as such, has given us the best two SF movesets in this competition.

But wait, there's more!!

I mentioned this earlier, when I was talking about another ad I'd read, but both of these 'sets can teach you even more! Specifically, how to use actual pictures of a character to better illustrate your attack ideas. Granted, not every character has a bunch of easily-accessed sprites to pull from, but the idea remains the same--group them together instead of spreading them out, and label them clearly. Both of these are pretty much the easiest movesets to understand I've ever read.

Also best Kirby Hat ever (Chun). Also best Final Smash ever (Dan). Also probably my second-favorite, non-Mendez moveset here (???).

GO READ THEM--THEY ONLY TAKE LIKE, FIVE MINUTES, IF THAT.

THAT IS ALL

Evilgidgit

Smash Apprentice
FMA? Fullmetal Alchemist?

Time to advertise my fighters in MYM3. Images only.

CT (Computer Trolley)

King Mondo

Olympic Man

Latias

Please vote for my fighters. I shall respect you for all eternity if I at least get into the Top 50 just this once.

MasterWarlord

Smash Champion
Not wasting countless hours on a 10 man community
I completely forget about Naota. That's one of the movesets I actually took the time to fully read the moment it was posted.

I wasn't disapointed.

WHY COULDN'T YOU MAKE ME REVIEW IT MENDEZ?!?

Naota or however the hell you spell it is probably your best moveset after Dracula.

Dracula > Naota > Sora > Bill & Lance

(I can't speak for the rest due to not having been around for them, although I have read a good bit of Phoenix Wright. He seems better then Bill & Lance IMO, but I can't be sure.)

The anime doesn't have an english dub does it? And what's it called again?

Chief Mendez

Smash Master
The anime doesn't have an english dub does it? And what's it called again?
Fooly Cooly (or just 'FLCL', though it's still pronounced "fool-ee cool-ee" either way) does indeed have an English dub. And a ridiculously good one at that.

Definitely definitely definitely worth looking into.

And as far as the reviews go, I thought you had closed up shop on them? Plus K.Rool hadn't done anything by me yet, so there was that too.

Red Arremer

Smash Legend
Gosh, Guntz will be so orgasmic good... *grins evilly*

I hope you all REALLY look forward to him. He definitely will be my best moveset (so far), however, not only that, but I think he'll be a very unique character and all in all really awesome.

And yes, I won't get tired from advertising him...

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
Oh man! I forgot the awesomeness that is Naota! Great job, Mendez, definitely my fav of your sets after Dracula.

Here is another preview of Doggy:

Down Tilt: Coffee Spill: From his crouching position flat on his stomach, supported by all four limbs, Doggy takes out a blue mug of his favorite beverage, coffee, and forcefully tilts it forward in front of him, before stowing the mug into the fur pouch on his belly. This move has two different hitboxes. The first occurs on foes who are hit with the spilled coffee furthest from Doggy, or are walking into the radius of the spill. This hitbox gives foes light damage and knockback, and has a 50% of tripping them. The second hitbox occurs on foes who are hit with the coffee mug or the spill closest to Doggy. This hitbox deals better damage and knockback to foes, and has a 50% chance of dealing fire damage. If a foe has projectiles or attacks that can pass over the coffee, Doggy should be cautious with this attack, as it has quite low priority. The spilled coffee has below average range, and disappears when the move finishes (it takes about .5 second). This attack can be used many times rapidly to trap foes against a wall and deal multiple hits, although it is escapable. The first hitbox deals about 4-5%, while the second hitbox gives about 8-9% to foes.

Chief Mendez

Smash Master
In the English dub, I heard it pronounced "fud-ee cud-ee", like "would he could he". But that's what I heard.
Ah, that's a play on the Japanese pronunciation. LONG EXPLANATION OF SOMETHING REALLY SIMPLE COMING UP:

To start, the Japanese have this habit of shortening phrases into smaller ones. Not like calling "headquarters" and "HQ", as that's an acronym. Nor is it exactly an abbreviation (like "avenue" becoming "ave."), as that's more of a punctuation-based mechanic. No, the Japanese way of doing this is to take the root words (or more often, the vowel cores) of a compound or complex word and combine them. A perfect example is "Pokemon" being a simple Japanese shortening of "Pocket Monsters", which is in fact the actual name of the series in Japan.

In FLCL terms, they arbitrarily shortened "Fooly Cooly" (which, by the way, is a totally nonsensical term--it literally doesn't, and isn't supposed to, mean anything) down to it's consonants. It's still pronounced "fool-ee cool-ee", even if it's written in shorthand. You'd be offending the director if you ever pronounce it "eff el see el".

The reason you're hearing "furi kuri" is simply because that's the Japanese name. Romanized, it's "fool-ee cool-ee", which various characters in the show make fun of in several instances: calling it by it's Japanese and English pronunciations in turn, just for kicks.

tl;dr - It's pronounced 'feel-ee cool-ee' no matter how it's written.

EDIT -

@BKupa: Wait, what kind of dog has a pouch? Also just the phrase "coffee spill" really makes me consider making a moveset for a certain character...

Gryphon

Smash Journeyman
Ah, that's a play on the Japanese pronunciation. LONG EXPLANATION OF SOMETHING REALLY SIMPLE COMING UP:

To start, the Japanese have this habit of shortening phrases into smaller ones. Not like calling "headquarters" and "HQ", as that's an acronym. Nor is it exactly an abbreviation (like "avenue" becoming "ave."), as that's more of a punctuation-based mechanic. No, the Japanese way of doing this is to take the root words (or more often, the vowel cores) of a compound or complex word and combine them. A perfect example is "Pokemon" being a simple Japanese shortening of "Pocket Monsters", which is in fact the actual name of the series in Japan.

In FLCL terms, they arbitrarily shortened "Fooly Cooly" (which, by the way, is a totally nonsensical term--it literally doesn't, and isn't supposed to, mean anything) down to it's consonants. It's still pronounced "fool-ee cool-ee", even if it's written in shorthand. You'd be offending the director if you ever pronounce it "eff el see el".

The reason you're hearing "furi kuri" is simply because that's the Japanese name. Romanized, it's "fool-ee cool-ee", which various characters in the show make fun of in several instances: calling it by it's Japanese and English pronunciations in turn, just for kicks.

tl;dr - It's pronounced 'feel-ee cool-ee' no matter how it's written.
uhhh ok. But as I said, that's what i "heard" lol

Kiki52

Smash Journeyman
Cool I like Rock Adams too. He is a very good guy, a white guy born amongst Native Americans and adopted their lifestyle. However, your picture is TOO BIG :ohwell:

Opps next page, well I guess it doesn't matter anymore. I just hope my Master Chief will get in amongst the top how many they are.

smashbot226

Smash Master
Cool I like Rock Adams too. He is a very good guy, a white guy born amongst Native Americans and adopted their lifestyle. However, your picture is TOO BIG :ohwell:

Opps next page, well I guess it doesn't matter anymore. I just hope my Master Chief will get in amongst the top how many they are.
Missing color.

And I changed the picture size.

CHECK LINK AT LAST POST.

Chief Mendez

Smash Master
FOOLY COOLY IS THE BEST ANIME EVER. WHY THEY ENDED IT SO SOON IS A TRAVESTY THAT MUST BE CONSIDERED BLASPHEMY.
The first part's true, but according to the director, they made a conscious decision not to extend the show any further. In other words, it could have been longer, but it wouldn't have been as good. 6 episodes is perfect.

Now...how are you planning on making "Team Fortress 2" into a playable character, exactly? Biggest multi-character ever, maybe? :p

SirKibble

Smash Champion
To celebrate page 555 (or just because), I have a brief announcement concerning MYM4:

The entire leadership of MYM4 has been chosen. After much deliberation, we elected to call ourselves the "Sandbags." There are many reasons for this, which I won't bother going into at this time.

In any case, MYM4's Sandbags are:

- SirKibble, who may be referred to as "Sir Sandbag Supreme"
- Chief Mendez, who may be referred to as "Chief Sandbag"
- MasterWarlord, who may be referred to as "Master Sandbag"
- Chris Lionheart, who may be referred to as the "Lionhearted Sandbag"
- KingK.Rool, who may be referred to as "King Sandbag"

The five of us (odd number, no ties when voting on stuff) will be working together to ensure that MYM4 is run in the most effective and efficient way possible. If you have any questions concerning MYM4, these are the people to go to. Please note that we'll decide everything on a group basis, so we may not always have immediate answers.

Thank you. That is all.

Gryphon

Smash Journeyman
The first part's true, but according to the director, they made a conscious decision not to extend the show any further. In other words, it could have been longer, but it wouldn't have been as good. 6 episodes is perfect.

Now...how are you planning on making "Team Fortress 2" into a playable character, exactly? Biggest multi-character ever, maybe? :p
Maybe a switch out type thing like PT.

btw that pic is stretching the page out like crazy. :dizzy:

smashbot226

Smash Master
Can I be a Sandbag?

Bot-Bag?

Gryphon

Smash Journeyman
To celebrate page 555 (or just because), I have a brief announcement concerning MYM4:

The entire leadership of MYM4 has been chosen. After much deliberation, we elected to call ourselves the "Sandbags." There are many reasons for this, which I won't bother going into at this time.

In any case, MYM4's Sandbags are:

The five of us (odd number, no ties when voting on stuff) will be working together to ensure that MYM4 is run in the most effective and efficient way possible. If you have any questions concerning MYM4, these are the people to go to. Please note that we'll decide everything on a group basis, so we may not always have immediate answers.

Thank you. That is all.
Simple. Sandbags can take alot of blows. It represents diligence, endurance, and heart. These are the characteristics of those who will stop at NOTHING to achieve their goals.

...Oh and they are filled with sand, too..

Chief Mendez

Smash Master
that pic is stretching the page out like crazy. :dizzy:
Only on the actual reply page though, which hardly matters. Still...smashbot is pretty infamous for posting page-stretching images, isn't it...?

smashbot226 said:
Can I be a Sandbag?
NO SANDBAG FOR YOU!!

...Seriously though. To be a Sandbag, you've just gotta' have that certain something. That specific panache'. The sort of zesty special trait that nobody else can mimic.

You've gotta' have no life. :bee:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom