• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Make Your Move 3.0: It's over, it's done, moving on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shadow5567

Smash Journeyman
if anyone else plays, is zOMG being an *sshat to anyone else and not loading?
and to keep this from being spam, check out my Zero! I'm not energized enough to find the page number but I'm sure you dont mind! Am I shamless? D*amn straight! Now do it you lazy bums, you'll be so awe dropped by his awesomness!

*laughs as they believe my words and search the entire thread to find a below par moveset*

Chris Lionheart

Smash Champion
I'm surprised that I'm losing to people like BKupa in many Best Moveset Creator lists... and that people are actually voting for SSE's other than mine and Warlord's (HELLO.... WE'RE THE ONLY ONES WHO FINISHED!)

LUVTOY77-ROGUE WIREFRAME

Smash Champion
Everyone else seems to be advertising their own characters, so I'll join in on the fun I suppose....

MEWTWO 2.0!!!

Ah, I thought that Future Sight first went to the opponent and then started and invisible countdown. So I guess I no longer have any problems with that move.

Oh, and I forgot to mention: Thank you for not making Mewtwo a light-weight.:)
srsly...Iron Thorn is the only girl...?

btw, nice mewtwo...
Mewtwo looks great so far, luvtoy rouge. Much better then your other movesets. I'll be watching it, can't wait to see it completed.
On Mewtwo, I can't be sure until you tell me his attack speed. Otherwise it's balanced.
Lol, best comments I could dig up..

Anyways, I completely (almost) re-did MEWTWO; aside from some of his throws and a few classic moves, MEWTWO attained a great new moveset.

He's no longer the light-weight from Melee, and more closely follows the game this time aroud.

This, hands down, is my best moveset. I don't say that becaus I'm cocky, I say it because I enjoyed making this moveset a lot. It's my baby! My horribly deformed, genetically mutated, havoc-wreaking, hatred-filled psychic baby.

I spent quite a long time on this moveset. It's the one movest I really focused on, making sure every detail was right. While I explained EVERYTHING thoroughly, I'm afraid I still may have been a bit unclear on some of his attack details (mainly specials), but I'll let you be the judge of that :).

Please check it out and tell me what you think!

I don't care if it wins the contest or if it takes last, I just want to hear your input, and hope that you can picture (to your liking) this moveset used in Smash brothers.

half_silver28

Smash Ace
I'm surprised that I'm losing to people like BKupa in many Best Moveset Creator lists... and that people are actually voting for SSE's other than mine and Warlord's (HELLO.... WE'RE THE ONLY ONES WHO FINISHED!)
I agree that I'm now regretting some of the people I nominated in that category. Some of them I know are worse than mine, but they get votes because they're more popular than me, among other reasons :(

... but there's nothing I can do about it. Besides, I'd rather have movesets in the commies' top 50 than an award I came up with myself (mendez, kibble & those guys are more qualified than me to give out awards lol).

as for the SSE thing, I don't think it really matters whether or not they're completed or not. & besides, you have more votes than those guys anyway O_o

MasterWarlord

Smash Champion
Not wasting countless hours on a 10 man community
CERVANTES

MarthFanatique said:
It's nice to have such overwhelming (in a good way!) detail.
Patinator said:
it is very deep! @_@
flyinfilipino said:
You're a very creative person and I think that's great.
Snowstalker said:
The Cervantes moveset is probably the best I've seen.
smashbot226 said:
1. That moveset is godly. I love the Final Smash and the Soul Steal mechanic. 2. I love the Codec.
TwiltHero said:
You have exceeded again. It looks very detailed and looks great. I really like the idea of Soul steal.
Chris Lionheart said:
Nice moveset. Don't want to know how much time you spent typing that. From what I've seen you've thought through every last detail of Cervantes and balanced your moveset quite well accordingly. You even put a rediculous amount of detail into the Assist Trophy.Its definitely one of the movesets that raises the bar.
SirKibble said:
The moveset looks awesome, MasterWarlord. The use of the Soul Steal was really cool and interesting, definitely a very original idea.
Iron Thorn said:
The detail is thorough, you "capture" the characters perfectly, you put in lots of juicy extras, and it's just so THEATRICAL.
Hyper Ridley said:
Awesome as usual, Master Wailord. The soul steal mechanic at first seemed like a rip-off of Knightmare's soul charge, but you made it different enough to keep it interesting. Overall an excellent move set.
KingK.Rool said:
Yet another quality moveset. This is great, with the Soul Steal mechanic and all. Painstaking detail is obvious, and of course I love that, putting it in my own movesets and reading through it happily. The playstyle is unique and fun. Oh, and the Final Smash is pretty brilliant. Good stuff.
KingK.Rool's Review said:
OVERALL: It's hard to make a case against this being one of the best contenders in the contest. There really is no flaw here. This is deserving a 1st place medal.
KingK.Rool's Review said:
(K. Rool's single highest ranking ever)

Chief Mendez's Review said:
Fitting to Character: His savage, almost-but-not-quite feral attitude and all-out style of swordsmanship is on great display here. Very, very well done. 9/10
Chief Mendz's Review said:
Balance: Nothing in particular jumped out at me or made me hit the brakes as I was reading it. And as I was fact-checking a few things, the Soul Steal mechanic kept making itself known, impressing the idea of how bad Cervantes is without the aid of one. This really helped to even out any negatives I had to say. 9/10
Originality: To be fair, Cervantes does come from a franchise that’s not exactly known for it’s originality *coughcustomcharacerscough*, so it’s probably impossible to make a set of moves that’s entirely without basis in the present roster. That said, he’d still play very unlike any other character, due to his wonky speed and the vaunted Soul Steal system. 8/10
Appearance: This is extremely well-put-together, really expressing how much time (and time, and time…) must have gone into making this beast of a moveset. 8/10
FINAL = 34/40
(Mendez's single highest ranking ever)

This moveset shows truly how far I've come. . .Page 140, I post K. Rool, your standard noob moveset, but when I post this thing. . .The maker of the two movesets share no similarities without outside information. Nightmare was pretty good, but I was able to improve upon his basic concepts significantly with Cervantes.

This is quite possibly the most famous moveset in the contest after Dracula. It's extremely detailed, but it's still actually readable and never particularly overdone, making for a nice read.

MarthTrinity

Smash Lord
~~~~~ DK Crew ~~~~~
EDIT EDIT:

DK Krew- Oh my God. I just **** myself.
Dude.
DK Crew was amazing.
How much time did that take you, MarthTrinity?
DK crew was awesome
DK Crew- I **** myself. Like I said.
DK Crew=happy GCM. It long and detailed heres your cookie.
The kong rap was win, which already earned you bonus points. Another great moveset by you, but Light and Ryuk are still my favorites. They were all great, though. You got a second cookie!
Whoa at Sol and DK Crew. Awesome stuff you guys made there. Props.
The one bit of moveset wh0ring I'll do for my own creations...this one took me a while and I'm quite happy with it :3
If anyone wants to check it out, click the blue arrow next to the quote with the picture |OR| click the link in my sig.

Thanks to anyone who looks at it and/or votes for it! (Or any of my movesets for that matter :3)

KingK.Rool

Smash Lord
Heh... Warlord, was that really necessary? I'm pretty sure everyone already knows about Cervantes. Although the wall of compliments you have there (quite a few of them mine) should definitely remind us all why that is.

Advertising ends a week from the day it started, right? So Friday is the last day? And voting for the MYM awards is the same?

Also, half_silver, are you only going to list the winner of each category, or the top 3, or the top something depending on the category? *knows he can't ever beat Mendez or MasterWarlord*

TWILTHERO

Smash Lord
Well i just calculated some of my votes........

Best MYM Designer: 3

Best SSE: 4

Most Improved Moveset Designer: 2

Funniest poster: 3

WINRAR OF THE THREAD: 1

Lol, anyway, speaking of SSEs, i'll have my new chapter up tonight.

Vote for Shinon, Jeff Hardy, Pidgeotto, Drake and Josh, Gibari, Leonardo, Mia, and Sagi please

dancingfrogman

Smash Ace
Switch FC
3133 8842 3910
haha, Warlord advertise one of the most famous characters in the thread, he wants Cervantes to be EVEN more well-known :laugh:

I'm sure the advertising ends in 7 days from the day it began, but i'm not sure, The Commander or any of the C.O.M.M.I.E.S (hopefully) should be able to tell you that. Vote for me every1, vote 4 my Team Rocket, chao, Dri Bowser, nights, deth adder, bean, Metal knuckles, captain syrup, Froggy, and my Tails movesets, or else *Shakes fist angryly*

Smasherk808

Smash Journeyman
IMPORTANT POST

The deadline for entries is November 1st. After this, there will be a week for updating and campaigning your entries. On November 7th, voting will begin. After the winners are declared, we'll discuss the next MYM.
Advertising ends and voting starts November 7th

D

Deleted member

Juhanu gets a cookie! :D

....And I get an infraction for blatant spam! D:

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
Hmm, well everyone has their own tastes, I guess.

And Warlord, for the lulz, you should check out the 6th place K.Rool from last contest; your K.Rool this contest could've totally won last time.

IvoryFlame

Smash Journeyman
D'oh! I've slept too late! ([/ash]) The contest is over!

Guess Hoss will have to wait till MyM4...:ohwell:

Best SSE:
SmashBot226
MasterWarlord

Yeah, I made a SSE too...:ohwell: if I was excluded because mine sucked then ok, just say so, but if you just forgot then I'd like to be mentioned.

:)

MasterWarlord

Smash Champion
Not wasting countless hours on a 10 man community
When my K. Rool could've won mym 2 because it was K. Rool and I wasn't actually there for 2.0. . .You see why I'm not exactly so joyous about it?

@IvoryFlame: He was voting for the best SSEs, you only did one update on yours, so yeah. . .Only allowed to vote for two.

I got as much as I could from other people for Cervantes comments. Including comments from people in social groups when I posted the thing. I wouldn't advertise but, It's just I, you know, actually hope Cervy might have a shot at seriously beating Dracula? Anyway, the obligatory advertising is over. I'll advertise some others I'm voting for later.

dancingfrogman

Smash Ace
Switch FC
3133 8842 3910
I was wondering, are the C.O.M.M.I.ES allowed to vote their votes here, I'm sure they voted the movesets to be the winners, which is meant to be in private, right? unless it's different! This is has nothing to do anything, really.

Because, if C.O.M.M.I.E.S are advertising someone elses moveset, one person might think "heeheehee, X commie like that character, this must mean it's on the top 50 for sure!", and when the top 50 is showed, the person might think "Hang on, I thought X commie would say something to the other commies and suggest putting my X character on the top 50 best characters..."
Could happen, Could happen!

Chief Mendez

Smash Master

So for this moveset, I actually went back and looked for some comments I could quote...but there really wasn't a thing there. Simply criminal, that. I know some of you are all into the whole "Super Smash Bros. 4" thing, so for said persons especially, this is a must-read. Ever wondered why Captain Falcon's moves have literally nothing to do with F-ZERO? Black Shadow fixes that. Ever wonder what a good heavy melee character should play like *coughganondorfcough*? Black Shadow, baby.

Unfortunately I don't think Illusive has posted much else in this contest, which is a shame since this is far beyond the quality of originality most movesets possess, and it was made waaay before we got to that weird "turning point" that everyone keeps talking about.

Bottom line: it's good, and you should read it. Especially if you like F-ZERO. And who doesn't?

THAT IS ALL

dancingfrogman said:
I was wondering, are the C.O.M.M.I.ES allowed to vote their votes here, I'm sure they voted the movesets to be the winners, which is meant to be in private, right? unless it's different! This is has nothing to do anything, really.
Us C.O.M.M.I.E.S. get to vote too. Yes, it's true that after the Popular Vote is accounted for, we basically have the final say, it's also true that we've put just as much effort into our entries as anyone else. More than most, probably.

Because, if C.O.M.M.I.E.S are advertising someone elses moveset, one person might think "heeheehee, X commie like that character, this must mean it's on the top 50 for sure!", and when the top 50 is showed, the person might think "Hang on, I thought X commie would say something to the other commies and suggest putting my X character on the top 50 best characters..."
Could happen, Could happen!
Well if they thought that, then they'd be mistaken. If a moveset I liked doesn't make the Top 50, I might end up suggesting we add it in there to the other C.O.M.M.I.E.S., but that's not a guarantee that it'll get a spot.

This ain't no dictatorship.

The Real Inferno

Smash Hero
By the way. You're all supposed to be worshipping my movesets. I made shrines. You have to face toward Kansas daily for this. Click the links in my sigs, heathens. That is all.

Junahu

Smash Ace
By the way. You're all supposed to be worshipping my movesets. I made shrines. You have to face toward Kansas daily for this. Click the links in my sigs, heathens. That is all.
I don't know where Kansas is in relation to Europe. So is it alright if I just pray in the four cardinal directions instead?

I really like that Elite Beat Agents moveset. Although it's difficult to tell just how much stronger they are when they get the timing right on their attacks.

IvoryFlame

Smash Journeyman
@IvoryFlame: He was voting for the best SSEs, you only did one update on yours, so yeah. . .Only allowed to vote for two.
Ohhhh.....

he was VOTING....

Sorry, due to my lack of patience, I thought he was nominating people for the categories.

:lick:

Stupid me.

The Real Inferno

Smash Hero
I don't know where Kansas is in relation to Europe. So is it alright if I just pray in the four cardinal directions instead?

I really like that Elite Beat Agents moveset. Although it's difficult to tell just how much stronger they are when they get the timing right on their attacks.
Yes the four cardinal directions will suffice, though West would have worked.

Also: lol Egoraptor

kigbariom

Smash Lord
New Character Approaching: Chunky Kong

Background:
From the DK crew in DK 64. He's the last member of the DK crew. He is referred to in the song as the cowardly but strong kong.
Fi-nal-ly, he's here for you!
It's the LAST member of the D. K. crew!
This Kong's...so strong, it isn't funny!
Can make a Kremling cry out for Mummy!
[Break: 2 Measures]
He can pick up a boulder with relative ease
Makes crushing rocks seem such a breeze
He may move slow; he can't jump high
But this Kong's one heck of a guy! Hehehe...
Ratings/stats:

Power: 9.5/10
Weight: 10/10
Walking Speed: 3/10
Dash speed: 4/10
Fall Speed: 8/10 (fast)
Size: Size of Dedede, taller, not as wide
Jumping: 4/10
Crouch: 2/10
Traction: 8/10 (sharp turns)
Wall-jump: No
Wall Cling: No
Crawl: No
Glide: No
Tether: No

Offense:

A: Simple jab, looks like a slap, fast AA: Jab, elbow AAA: jab, elbow, headbutt

Dash attack: Slide like Mario, whole leg area hitbox

Up-tilt: Semi lock up to 50%, quick small jump, looks like he's hitting with his shoulders.

F-tilt: Long swing of arm, one character length.

D-tilt: Stomp of his foot, good edge guarding tech

U-smash: Huge up punch, vertical knockback

F-smash: Full body swing with arms, can be continued for one more swing, like Link.

D-smash: A small jump leading to a body slam, both sides of him, good knockback, good range.

Aerial

Neutral Air: Extend legs, quick to come out but slow recovery. Can sweet spot at high % for a good KO

Forward Air: Slow aerial, headbutts in front of him, small range, low damage

Back Air: Like nair but extends body like Luigi, slower to come out, less affective

Up Air: Mid-air clap, very slow, little range, sweet spot hitbox, tip of hands

Down Air: Kind of tumbles forward in the air, no spike, low knockback

Grabs/Throws: Specialty

Grab Damage per Second= 6 dps

Up throw: jump, hit with sholders and opponent flies up.

Forward Throw: Grip with both hands and pushes forward

Back Throw: 180 degree spin, held by the feet. Large knockback

Down Throw: Holds character down, the body slams like Link. Charcter flies slightly up, great up tilt semi lock combo starter. Best damage of his throws: 16%

Specials:

Normal B: Pineapple Launcher: fires a pineapple slightly faster then Mario's fireballs, it stays close to the ground and causes 8%. Can misfire and be fast and EXPLOSIVE (18%)

Side B: Primate Punch: Very Slow but powerful move 19% large knockback

Up B: Big Burp: like wario fart, same movement as Dedede's super jump

Down B: Chunky Charge: grabs the character above his head after slamming forward, can be a suicide, or throw on the ground just like his down throw.

Final Smash: Hunky Chunky: turns bigger in size (not as big as giga bowser). Invulnerable at the time, he stomps the ground and knocks into the air, in the mean time, pineapples appear like Dedede's army and cause damage to people, and try to knock off the side. (Chunky cannot move during the final smash)

Miscellaneous:

DK logo

Stage entrance: a boulder crashes and he rises from the dust

Kirby's ability: Kirby gains the cute denim vest that chunky wears, kirby pulls out the pineapple launcher too!

Taunts:
Up: Clamps his hands and shakes them
Side: Tips his backwards cap
Down: Pulls out a pineapple and smashes it with his foot

Alternate Colors:
Green Vest, Yellow hat
Blue, red hat
Red vest, pink hat
Purple vest, black hat
Light blue Hawaiian style vest w/ pineapple embroidered in to it, straw hat

Victory Pose:
1. Clamps hands and cheers for him self
2. Fires off two pineapple rounds and smiles
3. Twists his cap sideways and crosses his arms

Loss pose:
Huge happy ape clapping for the winner

Wiimote sound: deep long growl, weird voice

Snake Codec:

Snake: Colonel! He's huge, how can I defeat, him
Colonel: It's nothing Snake, it just Chunky Kong, he's a coward
Snake: Are you kidding, he smashes through walls! He's armed and ready to fight.
Colonel: You are a trained soldier and your scared of an ape, he wouldn't harm a fly.
Snake: I'm not a fly Colonel, do you know if he'll harm me?! Colonel, get me outta here!
Colonel: Not possible Snake, too late, be brave. Oh yeah... Don't get too close to him...
Snake: What's that supposed to mean?!? Colonel help! Colonel!!!

SirKibble

Smash Champion
The submission period for this contest is over, kigbariom. We're advertising movesets and voting for the best ones now. Sorry.

You can wait till MYM4 starts and submit there, though, if you want.

pensfan728

Smash Apprentice
Seems as though no one realized the contest was over. It should be put in extremely large letters in an eye-burning color at the very top of the original post.

cheap_josh

Smash Ace
Seems as though no one realized the contest was over. It should be put in extremely large letters in an eye-burning color at the very top of the original post.
I love how people start posting new movesets when the contest is over and nobody posted anything during that spam session near the end. It's kind of funny... not in a "haha lol" way, but... y'know.

pensfan728

Smash Apprentice
I love how people start posting new movesets when the contest is over and nobody posted anything during that spam session near the end. It's kind of funny... not in a "haha lol" way, but... y'know.
Funny weird.

Yeah, all we got was the Headless Horseman, which was worth like ten of these n00b movesets combined.

Red Arremer

Smash Legend
Yes, and one of those newbies has made a decent moveset.

Also, I would love to see more classic/retro/arcade characters. I especially would love to see Captain Commando. :3

Chief Mendez

Smash Master
No Street Fighter characters (except those from HeoandReo) either.
But those were both really, really good 'sets. Like, seriously two of the best in the competition.

As for the retro characters: if my Mach Rider thing turns out like I hope it does, I'd like going back to older characters and making redesigns of them. Like, Takamaru, maybe? Black Tiger? Captain Commando Mac the Knife/Baby Head? Strider? Joe Musashi? Ristar?

ANYTHING IS POSSIBLE WITH CHIEF MENDEZ THE MAGNIFICENT

Red Arremer

Smash Legend
Awesomecake! So, does that mean I'd be able to request artsies from you for cool retro characters? *eyebrow*

Chief Mendez

Smash Master
Awesomecake! So, does that mean I'd be able to request artsies from you for cool retro characters? *eyebrow*
You can request all you like...but chances are I probably won't do them. Seriously, I've already got three that I have to do, two of which are really complicated.

And then I was planning on another Castlevania and Ace Attorney character after that...

But like I said, some of that depends on how well Mach Rider (and all the custom assets I'm making for him) is received. Because seriously...this is probably the most work I've put into a moveset yet, and it's not even a really complicated one. Heck, the only extras I have are taunts, Kirby Hat, the % Symbol, and one music track!

AND IT STILL TOOK ME LIKE, TWO WEEKS TO FINISH THE DARN THING

Then I'm still making the pictures and stuff! It's ridiculous!

/rant

Bottom Line: I'd like it if you did at least list (not "request", exactly) some retro, forgotten series for me, since I...really can't think of many more other than what I already listed above. At least not off the top of my head.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom