• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Make Your Move 3.0: It's over, it's done, moving on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Red Arremer

Smash Legend
You know, one of the oddest things about CD-i Zelda is definitely the fact that, I quote:
Luckily, I'm carrying my Smart Sword. It doesn't attack friendly persons, but instead, makes them talk!
That means Link and Zelda are using their swords to make people talk, even if they don't want to. XD

kitsuneko345

Smash Ace
*sending Sundance lots of apple pies on Pi Day, as
Thanks for the update, Junahu. But no worries, you were offline when I finished Delibird, so it's all good

Alright, I'll level with you, kitsuneko: I love Delibird. It was one of the ten movesets that received super votes from me. That's just how awesome it is. Good job.

HURRY, THOUGH! VOTE VOTE VOTE!
I Weep Happy Anime Tears Because Of You! Tell me Why? Is it his Playstyle? Concept? Codec?
Just Send A PM or something.

Kitsuneneko345
That's strange. I don't remember Spelling my username with 2 ne's in there.
I mean I did base the name over fox (kitsune) and cat (neko) in Japanese, but I combined them for my sake, really.

EDIT: D amn, I spelled Junahu's name wrong. Thanks, SpacefoxSpadefox.

KingK.Rool

Smash Lord
NO PM!! MUAHAHAHAHAHAH!

Delibird's concept is absolutely unique. It doesn't seem to come into play very often in 1 v 1, but in team battles and free-for-alls, it's ridiculously awesome to whack someone with someone else. To boot, you've got a bunch of unique attacks - Down Aerial as a prime example - good organization, ice-based moves (I love ice-based movesets), plenty of detail to envisage anything in very simple terms, and, most of all, just as you did with Plusle & Minun, captured the guy's character to a fault.

Not to mention that I just generally love Pokemon movesets, and this is a prime example why. And Delibird is just plain cool.

/advertisement

I always used to spell your name like that. Mostly because of the kitsune thing, since I knew what the word means. Well, I fixed it, anyway.

Chief Mendez

Smash Master
Hey, even Kaio-Ken x2 is dangerous. What you're suggesting is suicide.
Throw away logic and kick reason to the curb!

KAIO-KEN...x100!!!

Couldn't we just make Kurilen/Krilin blow up instead?
Wow does his name get butchered a lot. In the US we've got "Krillin" with two 'Ls', and the "Japanese version" of "Kuririn". To answer your question though, I'm pretty sure this thread couldn't handle me going Super Saiyan. :p

@K.Rool: You also spelled kitsuneko345's name with an upeercase K, rather than the lowercase version it actually is. Same for cheap josh.

Hyper_Ridley

Smash Champion
In MYM4, I might make a pokemon move set. Which of these guys which would you be most interested in seeing?

-Gliscor
-Arceus
-Rydon

Red Arremer

Smash Legend
You know, guys... my King probably won't be a joke moveset, but a serious entry, though being intended to be funny. I hope that's okay. =D

KingK.Rool

Smash Lord
The capitalization isn't my fault, Mendez! Word automatically puts the first word of each sentence into capital form. And why change it?

I would LOVE to see Gliscor, myself. Although I personally prefer Gligar.

Chief Mendez

Smash Master
In MYM4, I might make a pokemon move set. Which of these guys which would you be most interested in seeing?

-Gliscor
-Arceus
-Rydon
Gliscor, says I.

Rhydon's old hat, and Arceus is...well, aside from being badly-designed, it's also liek, an actual God. So making him balanced would be impossible, since it wouldn't make A LICK of sense. Also hez 2 big.

@Spade: Whatever butters your toast, man. :bee:

Hyper_Ridley

Smash Champion
Fine with me. I think it would be even more hilarious if you can somehow make a competative fighter out of him!

edit: @Mendez: For Arceus, he would probably be a 6/10 in everything. So he' be decent in everything, bu not particuarly excel in any one stat. The main reason I suggested him though was so that I could take advantage of his massive move pool.

Though Gliscor's fine, of course. He's my second favorite pokemon, so I'd love to give him a set.

Red Arremer

Smash Legend
@Hyper_Ridley:
I vote for Gliscor and still haven't recieved your PM yet. [CD-i Ganon]You must DIE!! *thunderbolts*[/CD-i Ganon]

@All:
Does someone know what the hell is up with those Magikarp people? x_X

Hyper_Ridley

Smash Champion
Well you see, Bowser and the Koopalings took me to one of their seven koppa hotels. They dare ya to find me of ya can.

Spadefox: We gotta find Hyper_Ridley!

Chris Lionheart: And YOU gotta help us!

Spadefox: If you need instructions on how to get through the hotels, check out the enclosed instruction book *Spadefox holds a silly position while the screen fades out*

D

Deleted member

KingK.Rool: I've lready sent my votes to Warlord.

Hyper_Ridley: Where am I?

Red Arremer

Smash Legend
Hmm, another question I'd like to ask.

Should I have the King use the moves involving other characters by himself or "switching places" with the corresponding character (like Link)?

Hyper_Ridley

Smash Champion
Hyper_Ridley: Where am I?
You're the shop keeper in the Votes of Gameleon.

"Reviews, ads, votes? You want it, it's yours my friend, as long as you have enough quality!"

"I can't be biased *insert name here*, come back when you're move sets are a little, mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm, better!"

D

Deleted member

My reviews only lasted the first three pages of the thread. They're irrelavent.

Chief Mendez

Smash Master
The Magikarp thing is a sort of..."forum game", is one way to describe it, that's primarily between the mods. According to that group, Grimer < Magikarp, which is the Pokemon the mods have in their postbit to show their higher status.

So yeah, unless you're a mod or friends with one just ignore it and go about your business.

Red Arremer

Smash Legend
The Magikarp thing is a sort of..."forum game", is one way to describe it, that's primarily between the mods. According to that group, Grimer < Magikarp, which is the Pokemon the mods have in their postbit to show their higher status.

So yeah, unless you're a mod or friends with one just ignore it and go about your business.
Ahhh! That explains the cherry flavor a lot. Thanks, Mendez!

Anyone care to answer my other question about the King moveset?

Hyper_Ridley

Smash Champion
In that case, I like the idea of the King acting out the parts. It's really funny imagineing him stretching while saying "it sure is boring around here!" And it would help keep him consistent, it might look wierd seeing a random character appear for every other attack.

Red Arremer

Smash Legend
In that case, I like the idea of the King acting out the parts. It's really funny imagineing him stretching while saying "it sure is boring around here!" And it would help keep him consistent, it might look wierd seeing a random character appear for every other attack.
LOL! That image is really good, yea.

You're right, though that would probably give him a little uniqueness. Even so, basing a whole moveset of cutscenes and one or two actual happenings in the game (I've got some ideas about it, and since I played them both and remember them a bit, I guess I'll add them) is pretty random and unique on itself.

As for the games themselves, I'm sad Animation Magic didn't make a third game having the King as main character, that would've been awesome (especially as it would've meant more cheesy cutscenes!)

MasterWarlord

Smash Champion
Not wasting countless hours on a 10 man community
So many new posts. . .Gaaaaahhhh. . .

I'm tallying my own votes with the other two people who sent theirs to me, Mendez, so keep it out of your own tally. I'm remembering a few movesets as this goes on, and thus am changing a moveset I'm voting for here and there.

The King needs a move where he says "YOU DARE BRING LIGHT TO MY LIAR? YOU MUST DIE!", and the area around him turns black or something.

Better idea: When the king gets spiked, he says "NO! NOT INTO THE PIT! IT BURNS!".

Chief Mendez

Smash Master
As for the games themselves, I'm sad Animation Magic didn't make a third game having the King as main character, that would've been awesome (especially as it would've meant more cheesy cutscenes!)
Maybe this is a dumb question, but are you a fan of these games because the animators were all Russian? Or is more of a general "so bad they're good" thing?

EDIT -

@'Warlord: Gotcha. We'll just say that the COMMIES will count their own individual votes in their own personal tallies (so to Chris Lionheart: make sure you add in your vote, since I'm not going to). And to SirKibble: don't count my votes--I'll do that myself.

Yes, this makes the whole sending process for us totally unnecessary, but if we do it on a by-case basis, it'll be WAY too confusing.

Red Arremer

Smash Legend
Maybe this is a dumb question, but are you a fan of these games because the animators were all Russian? Or is more of a general "so bad they're good" thing?
The latter. The cutscenes are so incredibly cheesy, that those are the main thing I remember about the games. The YouTube Poops revived those memories. =P

@Warlord & Junahu:
Don't worry, all these quotes will be included.
The idea of the hit with the spike is excellent and will be taken into consideration!

Edit:
@Warlord Take 2:
Sorry, but I'll base that moveset completely off of the CD-i cutscenes. I will try to have them all with those of the Zelda games, but maybe will include some of Hotel Mario. I wanted to put in some AOSTH Robotnik, but I guess then it will overlap too much with Sonic the Baron's YTP-moveset, and we wouldn't want that, right?

IvoryFlame

Smash Journeyman
Okayz, my votes have been submitted to Warlord.

Retrospect: Dagnabbit, I didn't advertise at all!

BULLCRAP!!!!

Wow, bet my votes are gonna suffer now... :-/

Ah, well. As you see below, I'm already planning for MyM4.0!!! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom