• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Make Your Move 3.0: It's over, it's done, moving on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Darkurai

Smash Master
I'm reading through some evaluations of the movesets.

Are people seriously penalizing me for not coloring the text? Seriously?

I am seeing legitimate complaints about my movesets, such as Firestar's moves being bland, The Game Box being unblanaced, etc.

But are you really going to penalize me because I didn't add color to the text, and used little BBCode in the descriptions!?

Well then fine. I'll give you these **** colors you want so much.

SirKibble

Smash Champion
Most of us seriously do penalize if a moveset isn't easy to read through, yes. Seriously.

Chief Mendez

Smash Master
I'm reading through some evaluations of the movesets.

Are people seriously penalizing me for not coloring the text? Seriously?
Yes. :lick:

Even if you don't use any color, I'll usually give an average score for having a regular layout and readable organization. But color makes it easier to read, and just shows that extra bit of effort. It's not like it's difficult to do or anything, either...

SirKibble

Smash Champion
We don't need them, but it does help. Not saying that other stuff doesn't, you just have to pull all the stops sometimes. Most of us have found that those movesets with color are easier to go through.

And for the record, the only thing I'll probably do for a moveset that's only lacking color is to knock it down from an S to an A, and mention it. It's not something I consider too critical in and of itself.

Darkurai

Smash Master
Fine, I'll add these colors. I've added them to Firestar (and I promise I'll update him soon), but Smashboards is lagging waaaay too much for me right now. I'll do everyone else later.

Collective of Bears

King of Hug Style
NNID
Gark430
3DS FC
1805-3069-0371
MasterWarlord, you reviews seem pretty harsh. I mean, you gave Master Hand a D.
Yeah, seriously. I really don't think your ratings are fair nor informative. You act as though any moveset that doesn't describe any frame in extreme detail is fail. Unless you start to be less of a detail nazi and start being, for lack of a better term, "nicer," I won't add your ratings to the OP or take them into account at all.

MasterWarlord

Smash Champion
Not wasting countless hours on a 10 man community
That's just the thing, though. I am a detail *****, and in my honest opinion that's what ultimately makes or breaks the moveset. Are you mad about my rating on the master hand moveset? There's literally nothing on there about balance, so I can't tell that at all, and you only tell me how the move looks. I tried to give you as much credit as I could for your creativity. I don't really have that many good movesets I've gone through yet, but I really don't see much of anything not named Dracula getting an A unless there's some good moveset in this thread I've overlooked.

I'm now on page 155, having done two of the four movesets on that page.

If you all really think it's bad, I'll stop wasting my time. Give me more opinions now that a decent amount of reviews are up. Should I keep going?

Collective of Bears

King of Hug Style
NNID
Gark430
3DS FC
1805-3069-0371
That's just the thing, though. I am a detail *****, and in my honest opinion that's what ultimately makes or breaks the moveset. Are you mad about my rating on the master hand moveset? There's literally nothing on there about balance, so I can't tell that at all, and you only tell me how the move looks. I tried to give you as much credit as I could for your creativity. I don't really have that many good movesets I've gone through yet, but I really don't see much of anything not named Dracula getting an A unless there's some good moveset in this thread I've overlooked.

I don't take kindly to nazis. And my opinion still stands. Unless you can be nicer, I'm not going to include it an anything of mine. (God I love being the boss)

MasterWarlord

Smash Champion
Then that's your choice. I don't want to tear apart movesets I think need improvement, I'm doing it as a public service in hopes that they said movesets might actually *shudder* improve. If that's the case, I may as well not waste my time. I'm helping my competetion here by helping them improve their movesets and killing time I could be using to work on more. It hurts me to be as harsh as I am, but sugar coating things doesn't help in the long run.

And the word I used wasn't nazi, to be technical. . .Think Paris Hilton.

Spartan64

Smash Journeyman
Hey guys, i added some new things to the joker, like range, names, AT, snake codec, etc i am open to any suggestions that anyone has so please pm me or write on this so click here

also, coming soon

KingK.Rool

Smash Lord
Personally, I find MasterWarlord's reviews to be pretty insightful and helpful, even if most of them are a tad harsh. Then again, I find almost all reviews to be helpful.

Nobody's posted a new moveset in a while. Has everyone run out of ideas or something? Anyway, I'm planning to make one for either Rundas or Mew. Maybe King Hippo. Or some Zelda character. Happy Mask Salesman? I've also been considering Fang from Sonic the Fighters.

Yeah, I have a few too many ideas for my own good.

KingK.Rool

Smash Lord
Nack the Weasel/Fang the Sniper? Again, I did him in the last contest LOL, I bet most of the moves going to be from Sonic the Fighters! I did Bean, I have to do Bark after Metal Knuckles, ay?
Really? Hmmm. And yes, I agree that you should do Bark, just because he's awesome. The Bean moveset was lots of cool, by the way.

SirKibble

Smash Champion

If you all really think it's bad, I'll stop wasting my time. Give me more opinions now that a decent amount of reviews are up. Should I keep going?
Keep going. I, for one, support you all the way. This is about feedback. People have been complaining out their ears that they're not getting feedback. Maybe it's time we all got a swift kick in the pants. I don't care if my movesets get Fs, I want to know what you have to say about them. It's nice, I think, to get a balance of complimentary and constructive feedback, and yours is constructive beyond belief. So continue, I say. Journalistic integrity must prevail!

I don't take kindly to nazis. And my opinion still stands. Unless you can be nicer, I'm not going to include it an anything of mine. (God I love being the boss)
Speaking of, you haven't included mine in the first post either. Am I too much of a Detail Nazi for you, Commander? ;)

http://spadefox.wordpress.com/

Yayness, I have done stuffz and added Page 1. Feel free to add my blog to your ranking stuff and all. ^^
Way ahead of you. I had a link up before you had anything there. :p

Oh, and by the way, I just love your ranking system. Seems like I've seen something similar somewhere before... :lick: Except I don't give Fs, so that way people don't feel bad. They get an E for Epic Fail Effort.

Red Arremer

Smash Legend
Oh, and by the way, I just love your ranking system. Seems like I've seen something similar somewhere before... :lick: Except I don't give Fs, so that way people don't feel bad. They get an E for Epic Fail Effort.
XD

I think that system is very nice, since simple.
And well, I doubt anyone will get an F, anyway. I guess I'm too nice for that. :p

Ori_bro

ignite the fire
this is going back to page 12 about skull kid
- jump should be 4/5 because he does float slightly
- another alternate color should be him wearing majora's mask

Red Arremer

Smash Legend
Darkurai said:
Usually, most movesets are rather complete, and this can only potentially help your moveset even more, rather than it only hurting my impression if it's not absolutely 100% complete like a certain Spadefox's.
Haha, oh wow. That made my day. <3

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
Thanks for the review, MasterWarlord.

I will try to make Hamm more original, but the coin damage is not getting nerfed, because you only get 35% if you are trapped in the spray of coins for five whole seconds (the max. time you can hold it). I think that is reasonable, since it the first coin has knockback, and it is easy to DI from.

SirKibble

Smash Champion
Yay, more people reviewing!

That means more people working on reviews and fewer people posting new movesets, which correlates to less work for me!

TVTMaster

Smash Apprentice
Nerfed Treecko a bit (lowered Pursuit duration, nerfed smashes and FS, changed some names and organization/detail) Yay me?

D

Deleted member

Dammit, Chief, why do you have to go so fast? Well, at least I have a little time to add damage percentages to Roger Rabbit.:ohwell:

MasterWarlord

Smash Champion
Yay, more people reviewing!

That means more people working on reviews and fewer people posting new movesets, which correlates to less work for me!
We can't have that, now can we? I'll just have to get working on my next moveset, and you've seen my Voldo moveset, have you not? I'll make it nice and lengthy, special for you, fuahahahahahahahahaah. . .

Chief Mendez

Smash Master
Spadefox and Darkurai are both link'd up. I'm glad this is becoming a fad, but I'm worried that we won't be getting too many actual movesets anymore, y'know? :ohwell:

Maybe this'll let this thread stay open until the original January date?

Sonic the Baron said:
Dammit, Chief, why do you have to go so fast?
I'm not too fast, you're too slow.

SirKibble

Smash Champion
Thanks, Blitz.

We can't have that, now can we? I'll just have to get working on my next moveset, and you've seen my Voldo moveset, have you not? I'll make it nice and lengthy, special for you, fuahahahahahahahahaah. . .
Special for me? Yay! :urg:

Spadefox and Darkurai are both link'd up. I'm glad this is becoming a fad, but I'm worried that we won't be getting too many actual movesets anymore, y'know? :ohwell:

Maybe this'll let this thread stay open until the original January date?

I'm not too fast, you're too slow.
I know I'm not working much on mine anymore, as I'm doing reviews. I have more movesets planned, but I've kind of let the evaluations take priority over that...

And you are pretty fast; I've been going longer, but you passed me up long ago. Not that I mind at all, I hate waiting. :laugh:

cheap_josh

Smash Ace
obligatorydailypost...

I don't want to fall behind, but I'm not really doing anything (I ain't reviewin' nothin!)... and we haven't had a moveset in awhile to comment on.

I'll probably have a new moveset up sooner or later.

Oh yeah and congrats new commies.

MasterWarlord

Smash Champion
Hopefully, it should, and the amount of spammed movesets seems to be cooling down. That might be just cause we're doing more actual talking now so there's much less movesets per page, but I'm thinking it's a mix of that and the reviewing. In any case, I need to actually start my next moveset. While my Voldo moveset is doing very well in the popular opinion, it is also only -#2- in popular opinion, second to Dracula. Nightmare will have to steal his throne.

But for now, I have another moveset to help with sudden drought.

Magnificent Magikarp magically joins the mayhem!

Basic Attacks:

A: Splash
No Effect
AA: Splash
No Effect
AAA: Splash
No Effect
Ftilt: Splash
No Effect
Utilt: Splash
No Effect
Dtilt: Splash
No Effect

Smash Attacks:

Fsmash: Splash
No Effect
USmash: Splash
No Effect
Dsmash: Splash
No Effect

Aerial Attacks:

Nair: Splash
No Effect
Uair: Splash
No Effect
Dair: Splash
No Effect
Fair: Splash
No Effect
Bair: Splash
No Effect

Special Attacks:

Standard B: Tackle
1% damage

Up B: Tackle
1% damage

Side B: Tackle
1% damage

Down B: Tackle
1% damage

Grabs and Throws:

Grab: Splash
No Effect
Grab Attack: Splash
No Effect
Fthrow: Splash
No Effect
Bthrow: Splash
No Effect
Uthrow: Splash
No Effect
Dthrow: Splash
No Effect

Final Smash: Flail
2% damage

Taunts

Up Taunt: Splash

Side Taunt: Splash

Down Taunt: Splash

Entrance: Splash

Results Screen Poses

Win 1: Splash

Win 2: Splash

Win 3: Splash

Loss: Splash

SSE Role: Can be seen splashing in the lake Rayquaza comes out of.

Kirby Hat:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom