• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Make Your Move 3.0: It's over, it's done, moving on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

IvoryFlame

Smash Journeyman
Dear Mr.KingK.Rool sir,

YOU ARE AWESOME.

That is all.

Thank you immeasurably for the icon. You is the best. :)

KingK.Rool

Smash Lord
Yes, Spade, yes Iron Thorn, yes IvoryFlame, I'll update you into the voters list, Infernorage, and yes Warlord, although for now, I've only finished hosting your own.

HEY EVERYONE! I'm rehosting yet again. This time's for keeps, though!

The rest will be at the top of the next page, hopefully.

Akiak

Smash Ace
K.rool I have the complete version of Photoshop so if you can't do 'em anymore i'll take your place.
Just look at my sig to see my awesome awesomness (yes I made that Sir Kibble one) :chuckle:

Mendez is your Deoxys gonna have all the forms or not cause thats my idea:evil::evil:

Also K.rool go here for info on Weavile's attacks http://www.serebii.net/pokedex-dp/461.shtml

Anyone know about the date of MYM 4?

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
And while we're on this subject. . .I'm just gonna throw in another request. Can you do Klump and Krusha? It's a joint moveset by me and Bkupa666. Oh and also Cervantes and Nightmare, but those aren't as important.
Yes, this would be quite nice. Here are good images of the two (can't find one of both of them together)

and while you're at it, can you do one for Kaptain Skurvy as well? Thanks a bunch!

Chief Mendez

Smash Master
Mendez is your Deoxys gonna have all the forms or not cause thats my idea:evil::evil:
Yeah well, it'd be kind of hard to do the thing without all the forms, wouldn't it? Yeah, my version has all the different forms in it. And it's basically done, so I don't plan on scrapping it for another Pokemon or anything, if that's what you're driving at.

I and another user did movesets for the same character in this contest, so as long as neither of us copies off the other (which I hardly think will be a problem, right?) it'll be fine.

Anyone know about the date of MYM 4?
It depends on when this one ends. Though that said, there'll probably be a short break (only a few days) after MYM3 ends, but before MYM4 starts, where we can get our sh*t together, so to speak.

So basically "late November". Probably sometime around Thanksgiving.

Collective of Bears

King of Hug Style
NNID
Gark430
3DS FC
1805-3069-0371
MasterWarlord's Request:

Edit: Wait a minute... Technical difficulties

Edit2: Got it.

For some reason, it kept resizing it. I tried to change it, but there was no button for a "don't resize" option. *******es.

MasterWarlord

Smash Champion
Not wasting countless hours on a 10 man community
The buttons themselves are perfectly fine. . .But they're all stuck in one big image together, and Kaptain Skurvyisn't my moveset, and I've gotta link to them individually.

I'd be perfectly happy to separate them myself, but I can only see stuff on photobucket, I can't host it for whatever reason on this horrendous computer. I can host and see it on tinypic, but you can't see it there. . .

COMPLICATIONS!

I've made astounding progress on Dimentio, his aerials and grabs are now complete. Just missing neutral A combo and the ledge/rising attacks. I think I'll go ahead and write his play style now while it's still fresh in my mind. . .

So that means I'm gonna have at least two completed movesets at the start of MYM 4. Should I post them both at once or separately?

Collective of Bears

King of Hug Style
NNID
Gark430
3DS FC
1805-3069-0371
The buttons themselves are perfectly fine. . .But they're all stuck in one big image together, and Kaptain Skurvyisn't my moveset, and I've gotta link to them individually.
Putting them together was merely for convenience on my part, so I wouldn't have to have to upload so many times.

Chief Mendez

Smash Master
Just chop it apart in MS Paint, dude. Don't tell me you can't even upload images on that fossil you call a machine...:urg:

So that means I'm gonna have at least two completed movesets at the start of MYM 4. Should I post them both at once or separately?
I'd say wait.

I wrapped up Deoxys today, so now I've got a whole three of these babies ready and raring to go, but I'll probably wait a good long while between posts, for my sake, as well as everone else's.

SirKibble

Smash Champion
You people work so fast... I'm only half-way through my first moveset.

Oh, wait... There are four characters in it... :p

On a different note, I decided to download GIMP and give this image deal a shot myself, and whip something up for the second character I plan to do (over, since I did him in MYM2) in MYM4. See what you think:

How do you think it turned out? Wasn't too hard, though I think I could've taken time to do it a bit better.

Thoughts? Suggestions? I iz a imege n00b, dont critter-size me 2much! :lick:

D

Deleted member

You suck. A blind kid could do better. Excuse me while I vomit up everything I've eaten in the past week. ;)

Not bad.

Chief Mendez

Smash Master
You people work so fast... I'm only half-way through my first moveset.

Oh, wait... There are four characters in it... :p
Technically Deoxys was almost like making four characters, though not quite.

:079:

How do you think it turned out? Wasn't too hard, though I think I could've taken time to do it a bit better.

Thoughts? Suggestions? I iz a imege n00b, dont critter-size me 2much! :lick:
1. YAY GIMP

2. The only thing I'd do differently if I were making these for myself is A) add a border, especially if you're going to place multiple icons in your sig, and B) make the text more angular, and with fewer standalone pixels. Basically, both of those will better match the icon K.Rool already did for Superstar Helpers, assuming you plan on using it.

...Even if you're not, you should probably still slap a border on there. Otherwise that's really all there is to it. It's not like these things are some high art or anything--it's literally just using a 1-pixel brush to write hand-made text, then drawing four straight lines around the edge of a small picture.

EDIT - Oh, and there's the matter of JPEG artifacts. If your picture doesn't come with a favorable background, you'll of course cut it out, either with a selection tool or just the eraser. But that usually leaves behind some annoying white specks along the edges.

In GIMP, a quick fix for that is the Blur tool along the imperfections. Just keep it to a low rate. You could also try a light Blur filter, or even a very light Cartoon one.

Though of course, those are just quick fixes. If you want it to look PERFECT, you'll have to zoom in till you can see every pixel, then selectively erase/color in the leftover artifacts until it looks right zoomed out.

SirKibble

Smash Champion
Technically Deoxys was almost like making four characters, though not quite.

:079:
Fine, fine, Mendez... You win.

1. YAY GIMP

2. The only thing I'd do differently if I were making these for myself is A) add a border, especially if you're going to place multiple icons in your sig, and B) make the text more angular, and with fewer standalone pixels. Basically, both of those will better match the icon K.Rool already did for Superstar Helpers, assuming you plan on using it.

...Even if you're not, you should probably still slap a border on there. Otherwise that's really all there is to it. It's not like these things are some high art or anything--it's literally just using a 1-pixel brush to write hand-made text, then drawing four straight lines around the edge of a small picture.
Yeah, I realized afterward that a border would've been smart. I'll definitely do that. I'm not sure I follow you on the text, though...

*is a n00b*

Agi

Smash Lord
Haha, now Kibble is beginning to understand what I have to do on every moveset.

*no one has acknowledged my most recent preview yet*

Chief Mendez

Smash Master
n00b said:
I'm not sure I follow you on the text, though...
Just look at K.Rool's SSH icon. See how there are no "curves" in the Ps, A, or Rs?

Now look at Proto Man's. You can take up less space by forming the letters out of solid, straight while lines surrounded in a black overlay, rather than trying to use a gradual shift in pixels to show a curve. Plus it just looks cooler.

SirKibble

Smash Champion
Just look at K.Rool's SSH icon. See how there are no "curves" in the Ps, A, or Rs?

Now look at Proto Man's. You can take up less space by forming the letters out of solid, straight while lines surrounded in a black overlay, rather than trying to use a gradual shift in pixels to show a curve. Plus it just looks cooler.
So... Perhaps something more like... THIS?

Chief Mendez

Smash Master
I'd take the "v" out of the M, making the top of that letter a straight line, but otherwise yes. Like that.

=/= :079: ...for now.

Iron Thorn

Smash Lord
Going to Gamelon. I'm taking the Triforce of Spag
I spent at least half an hour crying over my weight, and then slept for four hours. Today...is not my day, can you tell?

And because I'm feeling too ass-backward to make any decisions today, I won't be sending in any banner requests. Times like these I wish there was at least ONE other girl here. It's cool being one of a kind and all, but some things you men wouldn't understand.

SirKibble

Smash Champion
Hmm... All right. I'll do that... *does that*

I can be taught!

Mucho better. Fixed the little coloring problem the last one had, too. I think I'm adding this one to mah sig! :)

EDIT: Huh... It appears mine is smaller than K.Rool's... Meh, me no care. Me like anyways.

EDIT2: Aw, IT... Is there anything we can do to make you feel better?

TheSundanceKid

Smash Lord
I spent at least half an hour crying over my weight, and then slept for four hours. Today...is not my day, can you tell?

And because I'm feeling too ass-backward to make any decisions today, I won't be sending in any banner requests. Times like these I wish there was at least ONE other girl here. It's cool being one of a kind and all, but some things you men wouldn't understand.
:( *hugs Iron Thorn*

SirKibble

Smash Champion
Gay means happy!! I'm gay too!! :bee:

WHEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!! :bee:

I holded a girl's hand once. It done maked me SUPER GAY! :bee:

. . .

WHEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!! :bee:

Chief Mendez

Smash Master
SirKibble said:
There's no center when all the letters are 5 pixels tall and 4 wide.
...So...make them 5 pixels wide? That would also let you actually have an "M" rather than a C doing a handstand. :dizzy:

Commander Blitzkrieg said:
I'm sorry about that. If it makes you feel any better, I'm 15 and weigh 220.
Oh yeah, did I mention I'm a lard-butt too? Like, a 300+ lard-butt? Like seriously, Wii Fit isn't able to accurately weigh me.

Sh*t girl, you ain't got NOTHIN' on us. Maybe 'Kibble. But he's a creepy blond kid made of pork by-product, so he doesn't count.

@Spade: SRSLY I DID NOT OH GOD OH GOD EVERYTHING I KNOW IS A LIE

SirKibble

Smash Champion
...So...make them 5 pixels wide? That would also let you actually have an "M" rather than a C doing a handstand. :dizzy:
I know, but... But... But I DON'T WANNA EDIT IT AGAIN!!!! :cry:

Oh yeah, did I mention I'm a lard-butt too? Like, a 300+ lard-butt? Like seriously, Wii Fit isn't able to accurately weigh me.

Sh*t girl, you ain't got NOTHIN' on us. Maybe 'Kibble. But he's a creepy blond kid made of pork by-product, so he doesn't count.
I'm a twig. I don't count for nothin' at all. I mean, I'm, like...
or so. That's just wrong.

Chief Mendez

Smash Master
I only have one thing to say:

@Kibble: You're keeping the .xcf file around, right? I make a habit of saving them for at least a week, so that if I notice something that needs to be changed, it's much easier to do so. These icons shouldn't take up any space at all, even with all the layers of an XCF, so you've got no reason not to fix it, unless you're A) just too lazy, or B) baleeted the XCF.

Red Arremer

Smash Legend
Gee!
Aw crud D:

You know, it was a very big mistake to start out that King moveset. Like... 20% minimum of my speeches (in RL too!) contain quotes from those. >_<"

Collective of Bears

King of Hug Style
NNID
Gark430
3DS FC
1805-3069-0371
Gee!
Aw crud D:

You know, it was a very big mistake to start out that King moveset. Like... 20% minimum of my speeches (in RL too!) contain quotes from those. >_<"
I can see it now...

The preservation of Earth's ozone layer is what all true warriors strive for!

Chief Mendez

Smash Master
Like... 20% minimum of my speeches (in RL too!) contain quotes from those. >_<"
O.o

...you give speeches on a daily basis? You must be like...a czar, or something! They still have them guys, rite?

AAAH. I want to draw something. Specifically a really out-of-date videogame character. What's someone's favorite Robot Master? I downloaded Mega Man 3 yesterday...

EDIT -

TraverseTown said:
How pleasant, I just discovered this thread.
I swear it's not always like this. Usually we're a bonafide font of awesome creative movesets that are just bridling with win.

...It's just the contest's in a lull right now, so we have nothing better to do than spam spam spam spammity spam. :p

NOT EDIT - Chief Mendez uses Destiny Bond on foe Spadefox!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom