• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Make Your Move 3.0-Starts Soon

Status
Not open for further replies.

mantlecore77

Smash Journeyman
Judging And Voting
The Jury System
Unlike the last thread the winners will NOT be decided by popular vote. This conclusion was reached as the last competition was really a popularity contest than a judging of how awesome the movesets were. This taken into account me and Fawriel decided to have a jury pick the winners. The Jury will be composed of contributers to the old thread but will be kept small. Its members are currently being chosen DO NOT APPLY I will contact you if I feel you would make a good member. Still for the jury to make a decision out of all the characters would be pretty difficult since we have to review every character. Therefore people will vote beforehand and some final candidates will be decided from that. The only characters you may vote for are those who receive above three stars in its rating. Also make sure to comment on peoples work. It makes them feel good and I will take public opinion into account when assigning stars.
This is what I found on the original rules and such... I'm not sure if he's going through with it.

MarthTrinity

Smash Lord
I had the most brilliant idea for a character last night (at like four in the morning no less >_>; ) Sooo...I'm really looking forward to MYM3.0!

And duuuude >_>....Servebot for the win! His moveset for MvC2 pretty much writes his Brawl moveset for you : )

And...I know I said a while back that I reserved Taki from SC...but I've thought of more ideas since then and am putting her back up on the market, anyone who wants to do Taki, go for it....but it better be good because Taki is awesome...<_<....

The_Great_Panda

Smash Apprentice
*gulp*

Oh dear...this makes things harder.

But Eru will probably at least make it into finals. However, I didn't see any ratings for her. I know someone gave Typhlosion 5 stars.

Servebot? I prefer the Servbots from Megaman Legends. They're so friggin' cute!
Again someone mentions these ratings, where do i find these?

mantlecore77

Smash Journeyman
Heh, it would be helpful if GCM would...

Blitzkrieg can clarify more than me. But it's just a joke, really, and besides this thread is done. I'm just waiting for GCM to come back.

El_Duderino

Smash Apprentice
Here's my tallies.

"Weird Al" Yankovic - 11 votes
I try to only make movesets out of characters or people of which I already have much pre-existing knowledge. Weird Al is one such person. I definitely put more work into ATHF and Lovecraft than I did into this guy, but I have to admit Weird Al has a certain charm about him, and all his strange moves work well together.

Aqua Teen Hunger Force - 11 votes

When I wrote the Aqua Teens moveset, I tried to avoid making them into fighters, but instead emulate their behavior in the show. In that, I feel I succeeded. Shake, Frylock and Meatwad don't show up looking for a brawl so much as they show up, wander about, and bicker with each other just as much as they fight with their opponents. But they still manage to work as fighters, alone and in a team. Being three and a half characters rolled into one, the ATHF moveset took me a solid week to write up, and it was well worth it. Moveset-wise, I think this was my masterpiece.

The Thing - 5 votes
Sum Thing got a pretty strong showing for being an original character. It makes me happy to see him succeed in such a fashion; he's always been one of my favorites.

H.P. Lovecraft - 4 votes
Lovecraft was written in a way similar to Weird Al. I did research for each move. Unfortunately, while for Weird Al that entailed listening to a three minute song, for Lovecraft that meant reading a short story or an entire book for inspiration, if one move didn't immediately present itself. His dair and fair in particular were stretches, and some other moves didn't fit very well now that I look back at it. But I still like his overall concept as a dark spellcaster.

Cap'n Blubber - 0 votes
Cap'n Blubber definitely had the least work put into him of my five, but then again, I couldn't really do much research on him, since he's such a minor character in the Banjo-Kazooie series. Out of all those minor characters, though, and there are a good few, Blubber was the only one who could inspire me to make a moveset. There's just something about a hippo pirate who belches to speak... I can't complain about the lack of votes though, my other guys got way more than enough. Besides, it was worth it just to be able to put the words "Blubber Gump Punch" into a moveset.

Thanks to everyone who voted for my characters, and good luck to all in the vote counting.

Red Arremer

Smash Legend
All right, after much deliberation... My votes! In no particular order...
LIP by SPADEFOX ~ You always hear calls for Lip to be in Smash, but half the time, you can't help think, "How in the world would she work?" Well, here's how. This is it, right here. Don't ask questions; just smile, nod, and agree with me.
Thanks, that made me smile =,)

half_silver28

Smash Ace
I would love to see a good Presea moveset.
... u just had to say it lol. Now I might find myself doing more tales of symphonia characters in 3.0... presea or regal would be a likely one, I might do kratos too (with zelos as an alt. XD). I'd like to do raine or genis, but they might be kind of difficult (raine especially).

For 3.0 I'd like to reserve a certain box office record-breaking billionaire/vigilante, & ... I don't know who else lol.

well, guess I better count up my votes... :p

edit: votes are counted ~

Sheena Fujibayashi - 3 votes. I honestly thought I got 4 or 5, but still I'm hoping that she'll make it in. I spent a bunch of time making her moveset (when I should have been studying for finals lulz), & made her a lot better by going in and detailing the moveset even more.

Lloyd Irving & Colette Brunel - 1 vote each. I honestly spent much less time making their movesets than I did with Sheena's, but I personally think they're just as good. Both of these votes came from Chris Lionheart, so I thank him XD. I hope GCM is generous with these guys and puts them in (I don't want sheena to be alone as the only TOS character in the contest) :(

Stanley Yelnats - 2 votes - I was actually a bit surprised at the reaction to Stanley, I was honestly expecting him to go voteless. But a few people took a liking to the slightly strange moveset I gave him. I will admit to putting the least effort into him; I couldn't really do research (I lost my 'Holes' book from 5th grade), so I pretty much just included what I could remember & looked up a couple quotes to use in his taunts & win poses. I'd LOL irl if he got in... :)

half_silver28

Smash Ace
^ of course raine's my favorite party member ~ u'd basically be screwed in a bunch of fights w/o her lol.

still, I'd be really hard to make a good moveset for her, since she has so few offensive moves. She would, however, be the ULTIMATE 2v2 partner :chuckle:

czrd55ab

Smash Rookie
I think Smashbro is a great character and would like to vote for him (if I still can) he may not be the most original guy, but he puts every gamer in the game as a fan, not a character.

IvoryFlame

Smash Journeyman
Oh, thank god. I was scared I'd have to count my votes myself! jk

All I know is that out of my five entries, only Fawful and Stephen Colbert received votes.

Rorschach: Zero
Doctor Doom: Nil
Lego Darth Vader: Not a %$^&*-%+(@#!!)^%&$# thing.

Now, this is understandable. rorschach was broken and I kinda rushed LDV, but Doom's lack of enthusiasm must only blame on a possible lack of creativity.

Oh well. I agree that Colbert and Fawful were by far my best entries, and I possess no hard feelings whatsoever. I would have done the same.

GreatClayMonkey

Smash Lord
Rigging the enemy base with explosives, which is l
God I hate all of you! Everyone who voted! This hard, takes a while, its hot and Im easily distracted. I especially hate tgose of you who listened to me and voted for 50! Grrrrrr!
Oh and Im on page 125 its pretty clear who is gonna win (sorry so supper secret till im done) but its VERY close for second.

half_silver28

Smash Ace
... I'm gonna guess that the aqua teens are first, weird al second & toon zelda third??? :confused:

but I shutter to think that Smashbro got more votes than them... due to subliminal messages from the the creator lol :laugh:

IvoryFlame

Smash Journeyman
Alright! A worthy competitor won!!!

So...

Uh....

Hey, GCM.....

About the other 49 winners...

SirKibble

Smash Champion
Congratulations, Vulcan55! Paper Mario truly was an awesome moveset!

1 down, 49 to go... I'm on the edge of my seat...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom