• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Make Your Move 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kholdstare

Nightmare Weaver
Really looking forward to that whole thing, Chris.

Oh, I almost forgot to tell you guys. I had a dream last night that I played SSB4. SPOILERS:
Dr. Mario is back and Luigi doesn't have to be unlocked.

Anyway, I played through Classic Mode (that was a lot more like an Adventure Mode), and the Final Boss inspired a boss moveset for me, that I'll be making sometime when I feel like it.

DEMON HANDS!!

Basically, they're like Master Hand and Crazy Hand, but dark and on fire and with some psycho attacks. Don't ask me how I won. Oh, and I'll be making a simple stage as well, since I sure as heck didn't fight them on Final Destination. Walk-off edges FTW?
Sweet!

Yay @ a non-offensive Biblical moveset. I though of doing Moses. Really.

THAT WAS MY ONLY WEAKNESS, YOU MUST DIE BEFORE ME! *sends a dozen of virus into Kholds computer!*
*Activates Norton Anti-Virus*

SirKibble

Smash Champion
Looks pretty cool, Twil. Seems like it might get a little complicated if you gain or lose one every single time you attack, though.

TWILTHERO

Smash Lord
Looks pretty cool, Twil. Seems like it might get a little complicated if you gain or lose one every single time you attack, though.
Yeah, i thought so. Though it's just a little lol....right?

Also, is the thing that says, "Unregistered version, to remove water link blah blah" distracting in the pic provided? I just want to know because in the rest of my moveset, it has the same label as well.

~Cruxis~

Smash Ace
Ya want a preview? Here's a preview!

This is part of my Kalas move that should be done by tomorrow if i'm not lazy lol.

Special Mechanic -- The spirit’s trust
In the Baten Kaitos games, for the main character to fully utilise their powers correctly, they had to keep a strong bond with their guardian spirit that dwells inside them. The player of the game had to keep both, the main character and the guardian spirit, bond strong, and basically be like best friends in order to unleash their full powers, and inflict some heavy damage on the enemy. In Smash Bros, it’s no different, but you get to incorporate it in a different way. The bond will increase if Kalas is doing well at his game. For example, if Kalas manages to hit all of his attacks, with no misses, it'll increase his bond like that. If you get enough bond with Kalas and his guardian spirit, he can enter spirit mode (which BTW, is indicated by him having a glowly blue aura surrounding him). At that time, if you perform a spirit attack (which will be labelled in the moveset), it can deal lots of damage to the opponent or have some other special effect. Once you perform the spirit move though, you can't perform it again for another while. Of course, you don't have to use your spirit attack. You can just wait for about 5 seconds, before Kalas turns back to normal and out of spirit mode. Of course, getting to spirit mode takes a while. At starting the game, you've got no bond ready. You increase it though by doing the following things.

Landing a successful hit on the opponent: +1
Manage to KO the opponent: +5
Taunt without interference: +2
Successfully managing to dodge an opponent's move: +3
Natural increase if you haven't lost a stock yet: +1 every 20 seconds

Get 20 bond points and then you can enter spirit mode.

Of course, you can always lose some of the bond with Kalas and his guardian spirit. Messing up, or doing things that might not help Kalas will cause you to lose some points. Here they are:

Failing to hit an opponent/Just showing off moves: -1
Getting Koed: -3
Taunt, but gets interferred: -2
L/R button Shield is broken: -5

Of course, you can't get below zero spirit points, so don't worry too much.

Here's what he looks like:

*Note that Kalas is only doing the blue aura animation while in spirit mode. He will only do the breaking of the blue spirit orb in his Side B, Downwards aerial, Forward aerial, down throw and final smash.
Haha. You used the free trial AVD Video Processor for that GIF animation, didn't you? Gah, I hate it when they do that. XD

kitsuneko345

Smash Ace
*sending Sundance lots of apple pies on Pi Day, as
Okay, you guys what happened while I was Gone?

"everyone screams reliving the horror"

Ha-ha. Just Kidding. I hears of the spammer but didn't see whet he did (probably posted Richard Simmons and (Sc)Rotom), so no need to worry. Instead, let this be a lesson to you: Spammers come when you least expect it, preferably when others are spamming as well.

Now we have a bunch of previews coming. I might give one or two to Gavin Soon, but as usual, it's mostly to get others opinions.

SirKibble

Smash Champion
Random question: I take it that the normal size font (this one) doesn't really bother anyone while reading long movesets?
Nope. So long as it's organized with effective section headers and whatnot, this size is totally fine.

Yeah, i thought so. Though it's just a little lol....right?

Also, is the thing that says, "Unregistered version, to remove water link blah blah" distracting in the pic provided? I just want to know because in the rest of my moveset, it has the same label as well.
Hard to say without actually playing as the character (which we obviously can't do), but I'd say it might be a bit much. Not sure what you could do to remedy it, though, and still keep a similar idea...

Oh, and I don't mind the watermark. Can't speak for everybody else, but I'm used to looking past stuff like that in videos and pictures. :p

D

Deleted member

Same here. It woulda fitted with my announcement of TRtG Chapter 3; Apollo's a playable character in two different levels.

KingK.Rool

Smash Lord
I be almost done me Kawasaki moveset! Expect it on the next page!

I'm quite pleased with how it turned out...

D

Deleted member

The FDL was a repost of Kholdstare's first moveset, unveiled at the end of MYM3.

D

Deleted member

No kidding. We had to retreat to the Social Group for amount a minute before he was permabanned.

Agi

Smash Lord
*to make Kawasaki #1*
This finished a page, for Kawasaki to be posted. GO K.ROOL!

EDIT: Well, at least I wasn't the only one.

KingK.Rool

Smash Lord
WOW, you guys are like the three stooges or something. I'm actually laughing my head off over here.

So yeah. I'm going to go ahead and wait for the next next page. Teehee. To console you, I'm adding an animation to one of the attacks and putting in another extra while I wait.

:p

Kholdstare

Nightmare Weaver
WOW, you guys are like the three stooges or something. I'm actually laughing my head off over here.

So yeah. I'm going to go ahead and wait for the next next page. Teehee. To console you, I'm adding an animation to one of the attacks and putting in another extra while I wait.

:p
:crying:

I'll work on Psycho Mantis's Final Smash while I'm waiting, and steal your thunder! Jerk. I'm going to teabag your sister and/or cousin tonight for making me wait.

345... consecutive numbers... I C wut you did thar.

KingK.Rool

Smash Lord
Nope, nope, it'll be on 345. I like that number, good number. It's MINE.

Now you guys post, then I post in reply, then you post again, and there we go! :bee:

KingK.Rool

Smash Lord
Good job, Kibble. You'll be rewarded in your next life, where you will take the form of a humanoid egg with strange cooking skills.

EDIT: As will you, frogman. You will be a frog... man. Or something.

#10...

kitsuneko345

Smash Ace
*sending Sundance lots of apple pies on Pi Day, as
345... consecutive numbers... I C wut you did thar.
Fun Fact about Kits #2: The last part of his name (345) is based on the Theorem that the square of the hypotenuse of a triangle is equal to the sum of the squares of the two smaller sides.

Yeah, I'm Bored.

And no, I will never sell a part of my name K.Rool.

Edit: #11 (frogman: it's #12)

KingK.Rool

Smash Lord
One more post... now don't everyone do it at once!

And thank you, Baron. You'll also be reincarnated as something witty that befits your name.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom