• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Make Your Move 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

~Cruxis~

Smash Ace
Well, considering the fact that most characters in this whole contest were NOT awesome, Sephiroth would be no different. He is just overrated. But what the awesome thing is is the moveset. Seriously. Frogman made a Tails Doll moveset. Most of us were like "WTF is Tails Doll?" yet he did him justice. I didn't choose Sephiroth for his fame, I simply wanted to do him because I like the character.

http://objection.mrdictionary.net/go.php?n=2882567

SirKibble

Smash Champion
Well, considering the fact that most characters in this whole contest were NOT awesome, Sephiroth would be no different. He is just overrated. But what the awesome thing is is the moveset. Seriously. Frogman made a Tails Doll moveset. Most of us were like "WTF is Tails Doll?" yet he did him justice. I didn't choose Sephiroth for his fame, I simply wanted to do him because I like the character.
True dat, Cruxyphon. I think MYM generally has that mindset, which is cool. We all do characters we like, rather than super popular ones. Good thing, too, or this thread would be flooded with Ridleys and Krystals.

Kholdstare

Nightmare Weaver
True dat, Cruxyphon. I think MYM generally has that mindset, which is cool. We all do characters we like, rather than super popular ones. Good thing, too, or this thread would be flooded with Ridleys and Krystals.
Don't forget Naruto and Megaman ;)

D

Deleted member

Look, I don't have anything against your upcoming Sephiroth moveset, just the character. Also take into cosideration that the only FF game I've played is the GBA version of FFIV. So, yeah, I'm just not going to read it.

Chris Lionheart

Smash Champion
We already get a lot of Ridleys, K. Rools, and Narutos.... only one Krystal that I remember though.

We also get a lot of Isaacs.

Smady

Smash Master
I look forward to Sephiroth - popular characters shouldn't be discouraged, especially when from a respected member of the community. I, for one, am glad that I am not the only Final Fantasy fan here.

Cecil 4 MYM5!

SmashBrosMike

Smash Ace
Yo guys about that jakeadactylballs. I'm the one who got the mods to know about it and got him banned. So thank me.

Smady

Smash Master
I haven't seen any Narutos, Megamans or Knuckleses in this thread. :psycho:

I'm more surprised, though, at the lack of Gokus and Vegetas. It's nice, actually - the newbs who type out movesets in thirty seconds realise that that crud isn't wanted here. We have a very middle-class establishment.

Chris Lionheart

Smash Champion
He'll be back..... Dedicated trolls usually do come back.

@SmashDaddy

Are you serious about that?

There have been 2 Megamen in this contest alone.... 4 if you count Protoman and Zero. I heard Vent was being remade so thats 5 right there. Every contest has had atleast one Megaman (except maybe 1.0).

Naruto has been a common choice for new comers to the point of being annoying.

Sure Goku and Vegeta haven't been made... but Trunks and Tien have.

SmashBrosMike

Smash Ace
Ugh. I hope not. If he does. I'll get the mods. You know there should be a thing where you get 1 account only and don't get anymore. Can't they do that. I can't stand spammerss

SmashBrosMike

Smash Ace
Oh good point. Well still if this happens everytime. I will tell the mods guys. Other then that. You can all go back to what you were talking about. See ya.

SirKibble

Smash Champion
I'm pretty sure he's had his IP banned before. He's a regular, always coming back for more.

Anyway, thanks for that, Mike. I PMed Alpha as well.

And yes, every contest has had a Mega Man entry. 1.0 had a moveset for X.

Hyper_Ridley

Smash Champion
He'll be back..... Dedicated trolls usually do come back.

@SmashDaddy

Are you serious about that?

There have been 2 Megamen in this contest alone.... 4 if you count Protoman and Zero. I heard Vent was being remade so thats 5 right there. Every contest has had atleast one Megaman (except maybe 1.0).

Naruto has been a common choice for new comers to the point of being annoying.

Sure Goku and Vegeta haven't been made... but Trunks and Tien have.
There was a crappy Base.EXE in MYM1.

Kholdstare

Nightmare Weaver
OH SNAP SMASHBORSMIKE POSTED IN THIS THREAD.

My 3 reports totally didn't alert the mods that there was a troll in the thread, SBM.

SirKibble

Smash Champion
So, purging ourselves of all that is spamly and spammish...

Anyone got a moveset to post? A preview? Anything? Comments on my Up Special? Would that be broken? Underpowered?

Hyper_Ridley

Smash Champion

Anyone got a moveset to post? A preview? Anything? Comments on my Up Special? Would that be broken? Underpowered?
If you all wish, I had a Ratchet and Clank move set that I scrapped but am going to complete for MYM5. Anyone care to see a move?

Kholdstare

Nightmare Weaver

Fierce Deity, the Demon Deity Warrior, joins the Brawl!

Bio:
Fierce Deity was a demon god of Termina. Almost all people see him as an evil embodiment, but Fierce Diety faught both good and evil. He became too powerful, however, and Din, Farore, and Naryu sealed him away in a mask. One hero obtained the cursed mask, and now fights as Fierce Deity. Fierce Deity is a truly skilled swordsman, wielding a huge two-handed sword, and is a potent magic user as well. He uses powerful long range magic attacks, but his real powers lie in his devastating sword skills. Most of his attacks consist of using his sword.

Stats:
Offense: 5/5
Defense: 3/5
Speed: 3/5
Weight: 2/5
Jump: 3/5
Recovery: 3/5
Control: 4/5
Range: 5/5

Standard Attacks:
A: Fierce Kick. Fierce Deity brings his right foot diagonally across to the left up, to waist level. Slight knockback, and no lag. 2%
A + A: Fierce Double Kick. Fierce Deity immediately brings his left foot up and across like his Fierce Kick. Slight knockback and a quarter-second lag. 2% + 2%
A + A + A: Fierce Combo. Fierce Deity swings his blade in an arc above his head to chest level, perpendicular to his body, after the Fierce Double Kick. Great knockback, but slight lag executing it. 2% + 2% + 10%

{notes} {This is a great combo for Fierce Deity. The first few attacks don't do much damage, but the sword slash is great, but considering it, is highly predictable}

Up Tilt: Aerial Cover: Fierce Deity lightly swings his sword in a complete 180 degree arc over him, from his back to the front. Fair knockback, and a second of lag. There is a small sweetspot at the tip of the blade, but it will only connect if the opponent is on the bare outside of the hitbox. 5% normal, 13% sweetspot.
{notes} {This attack is rightly named, in addition to covering attacks from the side, however, the chances of getting the sweetspot is low. Also this has some reusable lag; by which I mean, you can't use it in quick succession. This leaves Fierce Deity open for attacks from the air or side.}

Side Tilt: Blade Jab: Fierce Deity quickly jabs his sword sideways, at chest level, with both hands. Good knockback, and no lag. There is a sweetspot here too, and the chances of getting it are higher. 6% normal, 13% Sweetspot.
{notes} {This attack is very quick and practical, so you will be using it alot. The downside is your back is going to be a target as it is as open as a child at Micheal Jackson's house.}

Down Tilt: Shin Splitter: Fierce Deity holds his blade at a fourty-five degree angle to his body, tip pointing down and right. He then spins 360 degrees, slashing enemies' shins. Again, there is a sweetspot on the tip of his blade, but it's much more discrete. Very slight knockback this time, and half a second of startup lag. 4% normal, 15% sweetspot.
{notes} {Another quick, practical move. It's not focused around knocking opponents back, but damaging those directly close to you. The small hitbox makes it crucial to get really close to your opponents, such as Luigi needs to get close to really let loose that 'PWAANG' with his Up + B. If used repeatedly, this move will make Fierce Deity dizzy, and he will get stunned as if hit with a Deku Nut.}

Dash Attack: Charge Slash: Fierce Deity quickly slashes his sword, bringing it up chest level with the blade extending outward. After he slashes once, Fierce Deity will slash again, but this time up, throwing them in the air a short distance. 5% per slash.
{notes} {Insert Blade Jab note here.}

SMASH ATTACKS:
Up Smash: Divine Signal: Fierce Deity thrusts his sword high above his head with both arms. He points his blade to the heavens, and charges it with light, making it glow briliantly. When he finally charges it, he unleashes a powerful beam of light, shooting it towards the sky. No unleashing lag, so watch the f**k out. Very high knockback. 6% uncharged, 12% halway charged, 20% fully charged.

{notes} {This is a really powerful attack that should be used sparingly, as it takes a while to recharge. Think R.O.B. and Wario's specials. The beam extends a bit sideways over Fierce Deity , so the beam is bigger than him. The beam will carry anyone that gets in it's direct line of fire up to the top of the screen, possibly K.O.ing them.}

Side Smash: Sword Slam: Fierce Deity slams his sword down in front him in an 135 degree angle. A small wave of light comes out of his blade and goes a very short distance. VERY VERY HIGH knockback. 7% uncharged, 14% charged, 3% wave
{notes} {This isn't a really powerful attack, nor is it a weak move. The real point is to cleave the guy next to you. I think Ike has a move like this.}

Down Smash: Lightquake: Fierce Deity holds his sword above his head charging it with light. He then plants it into the ground causing tall waves of light to emit from it. There are one to four waves that come from it, depending on how well you charged the attack. Very good knockback, slight lag. 25% sword, 5% per wave.
{notes} {This is another powerful charge attack that shouldn't be used much. The lightwaves push people back like the Isaac Assist Trophy. These can be jumped, however, as they are like walls moving sideways. They only do damage the first time thy hit you. They only dissappear off-screen. The sword, however, is the good part. It will do MAJOR damage if it makes contact, but the hitbox is small, so don't worry. Or do. Be VERY afraid of Fierce Deity .}

Aerial Attacks:
Standard Aerial: Air Slash: Fierce Deity slashes his sword down in an 160 degree arc in front of him. There is a sweetspot on the tip of the blade. Quarter-second lag, and a little knockback too. 5% sword, 11% sweetspot.

{notes} {This is a good standard move, even if it's a little weaker than his normal attacks.}

Foreward Aerial: Aerial Jab: Fierce Deity does an attack simmilar to Blade Jab, but the sword is angled a little higher. 6% sword, 14% sweetspot.
{notes} {This is simmilar to Blade Jab, but I must note some differences. The blade is angled higher, so it will harder for some players and easier for other players to land a hit. The opponent must be above the blade for the sweetspot to hit, so make not of that.}

Backwards Aerial: Helm Splitter: Fierce Deity twists in mid-air, greeting the enemy behind him with a sword to the face. Quarter-second lag and very high knockback. 9%
{notes} {This is a high priority move, and great for knocking off that enemy breathing down your neck.}

Up Aerial: Fierce Thrust: Fierce Deity thrusts his blade upwards with both hands. Good knockback, half a second of lag. 7% normal, 12% sweetspot.
{notes} {No comment. But wait, that IS my comment.}

Down Aerial: Wheel of Blades: Fierce Deity spins 360 degrees, sword sticking out. Good knockback and virtually no lag. 8%
{notes} {Look out below! This attack, if blocked, will putFierce Deityinto "flashing" mode, where he can't use any specials. Opponents, use this weakness to your advantage.}

Grabs:
Grab: Impale: FD's blade turns into pure light and he sticks it straight through the chest of the opponent. 15%

Grab Attack: Gash: Fierce Deity slashes his blade up and down inside the enemy's body. 2% per slash.

Up Throw: Catapult: Fierce Deity swings his sword up and the enemy flies straight off it.

Foreward Throw: Spin Throw: Fierce Deity does a spin attack throwing the opponent far.

Backward Throw:
Reverse Spin Throw: Fierce Deity does a spin throw in reverse.

Down Throw:
Another One Bites the Dust: Fierce Deity slams his opponent down with his sword and pulls it out of them. 5%

Specials:
Standard Special:
Sword Beam: Fierce Deity slashes his sword horizontally at chest level to make a disk of light shoot in front of him. This can be fired quickly multiple times up to three disks. The disks dissapear if they hit anything, or dissapear after five seconds. No knockback, and slight startup lag. 7% sword, 4% per disk.

{notes} {This is a useful attack, but it's predictable and a little easy to dodge. Functions just like Fox's blaster. Sort of. You also get a sword swipe, so you can hit enemies close and far away.}

Up Special: Hover: FD's blade glows with light and he holds it above his head. The sword drags him upwards, and he can make it go up and left or pup and right, which makes his body swing like a pendulum as he does so. The attack eventually loses it's light, however, and cancels the effect. Slight knockback but a second of lag. 10% damage if an enemy happens to touch the blade.
{notes} {This is a great recovery move, more akin to Snake's Up Special. It is not focused on attacking, but those unlucky customers who find a sword up their butt will suffer damage.}

Side Special: Double Deity: Fierce Deity screams ("Hiyahhh!") and a copy of him will appear a few feet from where he is facing. The copy is made of light and will mimic his attacks to a dime and will do the same amount of damage as Fierce Deity , but will disappear at the slightest damage. Significant start-up lag.
{notes} {I can't even think of all the cool things this move can be used for, but the damage sensitivity and lag make it where you might not get a chance to use it much. The clone can move through solid matter, but will disappear if it touches water. "Now that I have a clone, neither of us will be virgins!"}

Down Special: Fierce Agony of the Deity: Fierce Deity plants his sword in the ground. He spreads both arms out and unleashes bloodcurdling screams. Sound waves emanate from him, damaging all around him. A little startup lag, and high or low knockback, depending on how close you are to Fierce Deity. 5% per wave.
{notes} {The huge hitbox of this attack is great, because it will hit even one dodge roll's distance away, and attacks in all 360 degrees. This attack can also be infinitely comboed, like Donkey Kong's Down Special. However, this is another charging attack, so use it sparingly. It also won't work in the air.}

Final Smash: Fierce Seal of Banishment: Fierce Deity glows brilliantly and flies to the center of the stage. His sword disappears and he folds his arms across his chest. He screams aloud in a baritone voice, "Why did you banish me?" He the spreads his arms and legs wide and lets out a bloodcurdling scream. The Triforce symbol and some circles appear multiple times over him, and he starts to suck everyone in close to him. Great meteors and beams of light shoot from off-screen to FD, similar to Ness's PK Starstorm, but in 360 to the center of the screen. This lasts for as long as PK Starstorm. At the end, Fierce Deity screams, "Yahh!" and his sword reappears as he drops back to the stage. 20% per meteor, 30% per beam.
{notes} {This is too awesome to expound on. Just make it last.}

Stances:
Standard Pose:
Fierce Deity stands upright, with his sword held out in front of him.
{notes} {Look at his picture to get a better understanding.}

Run Pose
: Fierce Deity holds his sword to his side, waist level, pointing down, as he runs, leaning slightly forward.

Ground Dodge:
Fierce Deity jumps backwards.

Aerial Dodge: Fierce Deity jumps backwards - IN THE AIR OOOOOH!

Forward Roll: Fierce Deity... rolls forward.

Backwards Roll: Fierce Deity rolls backwards.

Shield: Fierce Deity spins his blade upside down and out a little.

Sleep: Fierce Deity drops his sword and sleeps sitting up.

Dizzy: Fierce Deity drunkenly swaggers with his head down.

Up Taunt: Fierce Deity says in a baritone voice, "You're pathetic."

Side Taunt: Fierce Deity glows brilliantly for a couple of seconds.

Down Taunt: Fierce Deity screams in agony.

Entrance: A bolt of light strikes the ground and Fierce Deity appears from it.

Victory Pose One: Fierce Deity has his sword in the ground and says, "It was... inevitable."

Victory Pose Two: Fierce Deity holds out his sword and goes, "Hiyahhhhh!"

Victory Pose Three: Fierce Deity crosses his arms and scoffs.

Losing Pose: Fierce Deity cannot lose!

Costumes:
Standard Costume:
See picture.

Royal Costume: Tunic and cape and hat turn gold, hair turns pure silver, and boots turn onyx.

Shadow Costume: Clothes turn a lot darker. Hair stays same.

Blue Team:
Boots turn dark blue, tunic, cape, and hair gets bluer.

Red Team: Hair stays same, tunic, cape, and hat turn red. Boots stay the same.

Green Team: Clothes get a forest green color, hair turns white. Boots stay the same.

Kirby Hat:

Kirby gets the facial markings and hat.

Snake's Codec:
Snake: Otacon, who does this guy think he is?
Otacon: That's Fierce Deity, Snake, a demon god of Hyrule. He was banished from the Sacred Realm and sealed in a mask because he was so evil.
Snake: Huh, he doesn't look so tough to me. He has a sword, and I have C4.
Otacon: Snake! Don't fool around! That sword can rip dimensions! Plus, he has light magic.
Snake: Don't worry, I'll be careful.
*END TRASMISSION*

Symbol:
Triforce, like Link and Zelda's.

KingK.Rool

Smash Lord
I'm working fast on Kawasaki now and am halfway done his Aerials. I always breeze through throws and Final Smash, and after that, I just have recipes and some meager extras to finish. Oh, and a playstyle section. If he's not done later today, he will be by tomorrow.

Chris Lionheart

Smash Champion

Sure... why not? I already posted this preview for the Sandbags before this contest even started, but the poor Primids never got to see it.

Michael, The Arch Angel

Really a biblical character, but this is more of an OC version of him.

This is not a picture of Michael, but merely a picture of a character from Fire Emblem who looks similar. Differences are explained.

Michael's hair is a pure white color, matching the wings and the robes.
Michael wields a very long sword that could easily compete with Sephiroth's in length. Its width is the same as a normal double-edged sword. The hilt is gold and the blade is white steel. In reality, this sword is made of heavenly light that changes shape based on the wielder's thought (as long as that wielder is of heaven.)
Michael wears shoulder plates, metal gloves, and grieves, which are made of white steel.

Unique Mechanics:
Michael has fewer moves than most characters. Rather than traditional "ground" or "air" based moves, Michael's are always something inbetween. They are usable at any elevation, but come in both tilt and smash forms (giving him a total of 4 smashes, 4 tilts, a neutral attack, and a dash attack, for a total of 10 A attacks.)
Michael is always flying, meaning that he has no jumps. His flight is like a constantly active Pit Up B. While this sounds broken, Michael is also the lightest character in the game (and will thus be KO'd fairly quickly unless played by a very skilled player.) DI also has a reduced effect while playing as Michael, in order to further his weakness.
It is also worth noting that Michael has no sidestep or roll, but rather has a super air dodge.

Specials:
Neutral B B- Shine
Michael says "LET IT SHINE!" and casts his hand forward, releasing a beam of light. Its damage is small and its knockback is non-existant (it does cause flinching), but it goes right through foes hitting multiple enemies if they are in its path. This move has low lag on both ends. The projectile goes the distance of Final Destiantion. The flight speed is a bit faster than Pit's arrow. This move lingers a bit. There is no knockback, but it does cause flinching and deals 3% damage. You can charge this move, potentially increasing the damage to up to 10% (the charge cannot be stored). While charging, Michael says "This little light of mine. I'm gonna."

Side B- Requiem For A Foe
Michael throws Requiem. It travels about half of Final Destination horizontally and then magically stops in place. It then turns, with the blade facing towards the ground, and plants itself into the ground. A burst of light is released at this moment. The sword throw deals 5% damage and decent knockback and the explosion of light deals 10% damage and great knockback. This move has some possible use as an edgeguard. Press Side B to (lol use the Force) cast your hand forward and make the sword fly back to you. You are unable to use sword moves until it does return to you. Opponents can not pick up the holy sword and take 5% damage and low knockback if they go near it. This move has fairly low lag on both ends and the return command has low lag on both ends.

Up B- Soar
Michael quickly flies a great distance upwards. Great for gaining a great vertical distance very quickly in order to pursue foes for aerial comboing. Also quite useful for dodging. This move has low lag on both ends. The recovery distance is about 1.25x that of Marth's Up B. This move knocks foes upwards, like a vertical version of Water Gun, if they come into contact with Michael, but deals no damage. There are super armor frames throughout. This has a recharge time of 10 seconds.

Down B- Michael's Harp
Requiem becomes a harp and Michael starts playing it. Its gentle melody puts all in its range to sleep for 1-3 seconds (based on controller input). This 1-3 seconds is after the move ends. There is average beginning lag and a roughly 1.5 second duration. The ending lag is low. The reach is double that of Sing. This move deals no knockback or damage.

Final Smash:
Judgement-
"and fire came down from God out of heaven, and devoured them."
~Revelations 20:9
Michael raises his hand up, giving off a beacon of light. His opponents have been judged unworthly. A rain of fire comes down from the sky, each small meteor striking for 5% damage and low knockback.
This stage of the Final Smash lasts 10 seconds and is immediately followed by:
"and there fell a great star from heaven, burning as it were a lamp"
~Revelations 8:10
A giant meteor falls from the sky towards the center of the stage. Anyone struck by it is struck for huge knockback (about 1.3x that of one of a PK Starstorm meteor), as well as 33% damage.
This final smash kills at percentages as low as 70%.
You cannot move during this Final Smash.
You are invinceable during the Final Smash.

SirKibble

Smash Champion
Really looking forward to that whole thing, Chris.

Oh, I almost forgot to tell you guys. I had a dream last night that I played SSB4. SPOILERS:
Dr. Mario is back and Luigi doesn't have to be unlocked.

Anyway, I played through Classic Mode (that was a lot more like an Adventure Mode), and the Final Boss inspired a boss moveset for me, that I'll be making sometime when I feel like it.

DEMON HANDS!!

Basically, they're like Master Hand and Crazy Hand, but dark and on fire and with some psycho attacks. Don't ask me how I won. Oh, and I'll be making a simple stage as well, since I sure as heck didn't fight them on Final Destination. Walk-off edges FTW?

TWILTHERO

Smash Lord

Ya want a preview? Here's a preview!

This is part of my Kalas move that should be done by tomorrow if i'm not lazy lol.

Special Mechanic -- The spirit’s trust
In the Baten Kaitos games, for the main character to fully utilise their powers correctly, they had to keep a strong bond with their guardian spirit that dwells inside them. The player of the game had to keep both, the main character and the guardian spirit, bond strong, and basically be like best friends in order to unleash their full powers, and inflict some heavy damage on the enemy. In Smash Bros, it’s no different, but you get to incorporate it in a different way. The bond will increase if Kalas is doing well at his game. For example, if Kalas manages to hit all of his attacks, with no misses, it'll increase his bond like that. If you get enough bond with Kalas and his guardian spirit, he can enter spirit mode (which BTW, is indicated by him having a glowly blue aura surrounding him). At that time, if you perform a spirit attack (which will be labelled in the moveset), it can deal lots of damage to the opponent or have some other special effect. Once you perform the spirit move though, you can't perform it again for another while. Of course, you don't have to use your spirit attack. You can just wait for about 5 seconds, before Kalas turns back to normal and out of spirit mode. Of course, getting to spirit mode takes a while. At starting the game, you've got no bond ready. You increase it though by doing the following things.

Landing a successful hit on the opponent: +1
Manage to KO the opponent: +5
Taunt without interference: +2
Successfully managing to dodge an opponent's move: +3
Natural increase if you haven't lost a stock yet: +1 every 20 seconds

Get 20 bond points and then you can enter spirit mode.

Of course, you can always lose some of the bond with Kalas and his guardian spirit. Messing up, or doing things that might not help Kalas will cause you to lose some points. Here they are:

Failing to hit an opponent/Just showing off moves: -1
Getting Koed: -3
Taunt, but gets interferred: -2
L/R button Shield is broken: -5

Of course, you can't get below zero spirit points, so don't worry too much.

Here's what he looks like:

*Note that Kalas is only doing the blue aura animation while in spirit mode. He will only do the breaking of the blue spirit orb in his Side B, Downwards aerial, Forward aerial, down throw and final smash.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom