• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Make Your Move 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

SonicBoom2

Smash Journeyman
lol
Everyone does that nowadays.
One of the old geezers on here could be 11 and they just want to make a joke.
Wait, are there any?

~Cruxis~

Smash Ace
I was young seven years ago. *is old geezer*

btw, make that SIX movesets in one for Gilgamesh. It sucks making a moveset for someone with six arms...

Chris Lionheart

Smash Champion
I was young seven years ago. *is old geezer*

btw, make that SIX movesets in one for Gilgamesh. It sucks making a moveset for someone with six arms...
Why does each arm require a different moveset. Can't you just make a single moveset for him. *is Final Fantasy noob*

You're not the only one making a large moveset. Why'ld there have to be 5 of us Sandbags. :laugh:

~Cruxis~

Smash Ace
Why does each arm require a different moveset. Can't you just make a single moveset for him. *is Final Fantasy noob*

You're not the only one making a large moveset. Why'ld there have to be 5 of us Sandbags. :laugh:
Yeah, your ignorance of FF and Gilgamesh makes that seem unusual for you, but you will see. I shared enough as it is. XD

SirKibble

Smash Champion
MR. BRIGHT & MR. SHINE
Oh wow. Pretty quirky moveset there, Kibble. Definitely your best one so far. I liked it quite a lot. I especially love that mechanic that the user of the Specials and Final Smash is the one not being actually used. But are you sure that 15 seconds in between would be such a good idea? I'd rather have the moves less powerful but more often to use.
Thanks, Spade. Hmm... I'll definitely consider making the Specials more frequently useable and less powerful, though I kinda like them how they are.

Oh, and on a sidenote to SirKibble:
Seeing as Super Star Helpers are used in several other SSEs, I have allowed myself to change that place into Mr. Bright & Shine, as they have no SSE representation so far - and the Kirby chapter isn't coming too soon. :bee:
Sweeeeeeeeeeeet! :bee:

Young is around the early teen mark and below. Once you've masturbated or done more than smooch a girl, your innocence is gone.
Interesting definition. Guess that makes me 18 and still young! :laugh:

MasterWarlord

Smash Champion
Not wasting countless hours on a 10 man community
Lol @ SirKibble's denial of Master Debating.
You know you do it.

So when you become a god, Kibble, I trust you'll make a world far better then this? Fill it with cake loving pink puffballs and fat penguin kings.

Glad to see you finally back, Spayed Fawks. Felt strange without you or Mendez here.

How did you make that in 3 hours Lionheart? Maybe I should take some sort of challenge like that to force myself to make a moveset. . .

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
In on topic news my SSE is coming along nicely. . .And it looks like I'm ending up with Dedede bias. He's getting a lot of quality screen time.
Eh, Dedede is fine, as long as you don't end up making the entire SSE focus on him, like his voice actor :ohwell:.

Agi

Smash Lord
...I'm not touching the current discussion with a ten foot pole.
I look forward to more chapters of your SSE, Warlord. Yours is one of the three I actually read :laugh:

In moveset news, I picked up Mega Man I, II, and IX this week... and am inspired to make a moveset for a robot master. The problem is... I'm not sure who. I'm open to any suggestions.

Chris Lionheart

Smash Champion
How did you make that in 3 hours Lionheart? Maybe I should take some sort of challenge like that to force myself to make a moveset. . .
Lol, you just have to force yourself. A little fore-thought goes a long way. Sure I can't type something of your caliber in 3 hours.... probably not even 24 hours, but I can make a pretty good set.

~Cruxis~

Smash Ace
...I'm not touching the current discussion with a ten foot pole.
I look forward to more chapters of your SSE, Warlord. Yours is one of the three I actually read :laugh:

In moveset news, I picked up Mega Man I, II, and IX this week... and am inspired to make a moveset for a robot master. The problem is... I'm not sure who. I'm open to any suggestions.
How about...

ALL

Edit: btw 3 hours is NOT a short while. If you have a pensive nature, a moveset of that size can be done 45 minutes to an hour. But that is just me. I waste my time adding multimedia effects. :ohwell:

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
Hey Warlord, what theme is the new chapter so far. So far, we have Kirby, Sonic, DK, Pokemon, and Crash Bandicoot.

You said the Horseman will get revenge on Kamek? If this is any indication, will Kamek summon some boss first (like Kracko from the Supreme Realm)?

SirKibble

Smash Champion
Lol @ SirKibble's denial of Master Debating.
You know you do it.
You forget, I'm a goody-goody, man. Heck, if not for everyone else, I wouldn't even know the board had a censoring system.

So when you become a god, Kibble, I trust you'll make a world far better then this? Fill it with cake loving pink puffballs and fat penguin kings.
Nah, it's been done. I'd try for something more original, more likely.

@Agi: Do... Hmm... How about Quick Man? Or Crash Man? Or Elec Man? Or, okay I'll shut up now.

Baloo

Smash Ace
De Blob Preview.

Neutral B - Paint Splat
When the B button is held down, cross hairs appear over the nearest opponent. If the B button is held down, they will follow the opponent, if not it will stay where it was. Pressing the B button again causes the Blob to jump up into the air, and then smash down onto the target. Where he lands he will splash the area with paint, and on certain stages he can actually color platforms. This attack does ten damage and high knockback. It also has high ending lag. If it hits the opponent while they are in the air, it may spike them if he hits them directly with the center of his body. This attack can only be used from about three quarters of Final Destination away, and has high lag, so is not the most reliable move. However, it can be extremely useful for recovery, due to it also being able to target ledges. If it hits an opponent, this attack takes up five paint points, so don't use it to often. If he misses he will still lose two paint points. This attack can break breakable platforms in one hit, and kill most subspace enemies in one hit as well. There is a lot of warning time before he slams into the ground.

KingK.Rool

Smash Lord
YES, agi! I'm thinking I wanna do a Robot Master sometime soon, too, my situation's pretty much the same as yours, I just got a few of the older ones. Anyone else? Robot Masters taking over MYM? You know you want to, Kibble... do Guts Man! :bee:

Red Arremer

Smash Legend
I like Galaxyman, Airman, Quickman or Gutsman's *ss. :bee:

In other news...

CHAPTER 4 OF The 13th Hour IS UP

People who could be interested:
- ~Cruxis~
- dancingfrogman
- SirKibble
- Chief Mendez
- Sci-Fi lovers

SirKibble

Smash Champion
YES, agi! I'm thinking I wanna do a Robot Master sometime soon, too, my situation's pretty much the same as yours, I just got a few of the older ones. Anyone else? Robot Masters taking over MYM? You know you want to, Kibble... do Guts Man! :bee:
Oh, don't tempt me like that. I'll do it. I'll make one. Not Guts, though, I'm not a big fan of him. Maybe Gemini Man. Or Shadow Man.

SonicBoom2

Smash Journeyman
Guts Man ugly.
Gutsman.EXE is caveman.
Guts Man MAD!!!

Meh, how long till Chrono Trigger ends? I wanna finish it before I make Ayla and Robo (who I named ROB2.0 in my game, he's much better anyway).

EDIT:
Sorry, I forgot the name of the game the characters were from SpadeFox.
But I'm guessing you already knew.

MarthTrinity

Smash Lord
Too bad you decided against her, she'd be cool and I know you'd do her justice.

I love her super attack in Judgment... "I will give you the sweetest of pleasures... *whack!*"
Agh! I'm still so tempted to do that moveset...I'm gonna have to seriously consider it...maybe nudge Pyramid Head and Yumi back a tad bit to do it...Carmilla's my third best character behind Shanoa and Aeon...

SHANOA
I like this moveset very much. It's definitely your best so far, MarthTrinity, and you caught the glyph system from OoE extremely well. I also like the Glyph Absorb mechanic. Two minor things though - the attack names are a bit cheesy, and the glyph names you made up are, as well. They're so pseudo-Latin. If you want, I can check the names for you and make up some better one - I've learnt Latin.
Yeah, I really suck at move names xD If you could figure them out that'd be awesome and I'd totally credit you on the moveset itself =)

I just remembered that (a) I have a Wii and no games other than Brawl and (b) there are die-hard Castlevania fanboys afoot in this very thread. So.....anyone play Castlevania Judgment? Is it fun, does the series justice, etc?
It's not NEARLY as bad as the reviewers say...my only real complaint about it is how it can be rather hard at times (as in the CPU will just DESTROY you) and there are some major ballance issues....Maria is absolutely broken; I actually think it's IMPOSSIBLE (or at least near it) to beat Maria as Golem...

Tanookie and MarthTrinity were organizing a wi-fi battle for that game last time I heard of it :laugh:

MarthTrinity said he was going to work on a moveset for Shanoa (I think), Tanookie called that character a spammer, and the rest is history. So... it receives the Castlevania seal of approval.
Which brings us to the great Castlevania War as seen in this post xD

Smady

Smash Master
Yo Trinity, I don't think you were around when I commented on Shonoa - good job, man. Pyramid Head is one of my favourite Silent Hill characters and I anticipate your interpretation of him. :)

MarthTrinity

Smash Lord
Yo Trinity, I don't think you were around when I commented on Shonoa - good job, man. Pyramid Head is one of my favourite Silent Hill characters and I anticipate your interpretation of him. :)
Why thank you : )

Pyramid Head is gonna be a fun moveset to make for sure; just have to make sure to exclude...*ahem* certain parts of his..."personality."

Red Arremer

Smash Legend
Yeah, I really suck at move names xD If you could figure them out that'd be awesome and I'd totally credit you on the moveset itself =)
I'll make you some for your Glyph Absorb moves. For the normal moves I'd use the standard glyph name - only if you're using that one in a Glyph Absorb already you shoukd add something, but even then I wouldn't call it with such cheesy names. They sound like Shanoa is attempting to be a clown. ^^"
Try to make something like, I dunno, "Secare Slash" or something.

Edit: Oh, and if you make Carmilla, she'd be in my SSE. Most definitely.

Akiak

Smash Ace
I read Peter Pan. FANTASTIQUE! I love the flying mechanic. Would be a lot of fun in Brawls.

What if Sakurai suddenly found MYM and added all the characters in his game? That would be awesome :bee:

Smady

Smash Master
Why thank you : )

Pyramid Head is gonna be a fun moveset to make for sure; just have to make sure to exclude...*ahem* certain parts of his..."personality."
That's part of what is great about MYM - hell will freeze open before we see characters like Pyramid Head in a Nintendo party game. :laugh:

Yamazaki's specials are almost done, only his grabs / throws, final smash, playstyle and extras are to done, which are 1/4 of the work. :chuckle:

MarthTrinity

Smash Lord
I'll make you some for your Glyph Absorb moves. For the normal moves I'd use the standard glyph name - only if you're using that one in a Glyph Absorb already you shoukd add something, but even then I wouldn't call it with such cheesy names. They sound like Shanoa is attempting to be a clown. ^^"
Try to make something like, I dunno, "Secare Slash" or something.

Edit: Oh, and if you make Carmilla, she'd be in my SSE. Most definitely.
Maybe she's copying Kefka? xD But yeah; I'll most certainly change those so they sound less...goofy...

Oh and...*points to sig*

That's part of what is great about MYM - hell will freeze open before we see characters like Pyramid Head in a Nintendo party game. :laugh:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/New_International_Track_and_Field

That game makes it so that Pyramid Head actually COULD be in Brawl; he meets the requirement of having been on a Nintendo console xD

MasterWarlord

Smash Champion
Not wasting countless hours on a 10 man community
Hey Warlord, what theme is the new chapter so far. So far, we have Kirby, Sonic, DK, Pokemon, and Crash Bandicoot.

You said the Horseman will get revenge on Kamek? If this is any indication, will Kamek summon some boss first (like Kracko from the Supreme Realm)?
The next chapter's theme is Yoshi.

As for the Horseman and Kamek. . .Why not wait and see? And Kamek doesn't summon bosses, he enlarges them. I ripped his power straight from the game. Will he do it here? He's not in a fortress, there's nothing to enlarge. Besides, with how much I've used him in my SSEs, it's about time he himself got a boss moveset, dontcha think?:chuckle:

On Dedede. . .It's not nearly as blatant a case as Sakurai's bias, as while he's going to appear in a lot of chapters, his playable roles in each are relatively minor. That said, he will get a good bit of cutscene time. His cutscene time (Or dialogue on the Halberd) though is more for humurous purposes then seriously doing anything to the story.

Why you ask?

Four words.

Brawl. In. The. Family.

Educate yourself if you don't know what I'm talking about, or wait for chapter 7.

You forget, I'm a goody-goody, man. Heck, if not for everyone else, I wouldn't even know the board had a censoring system.
If you insist, but I've failed to meet any human male who's capable of doing that. Though the swearing is a good point.

Nah, it's been done. I'd try for something more original, more likely.
Ah. . .Just make sure to give all your creations original movesets.

spadefox said:
Yayz! Going to read you right now.

Mind liking me to the actual part of the blog/thread you edit next time though?

Smady

Smash Master
I know the guy who makes Brawl In The Family - he posts at the IGN Boards. Funny guy, he really likes Mother / Earthbound. His comic strip is indeed awesome.

KingK.Rool

Smash Lord
Umm, guys? I did a bad thing.

...I started an SSE.

Blame Spadefox! I was reading his, and then I started thinking about all the possibilities, and one thing led to another...

THE TWELVE

Horribly original title, I know. The prologue is very dark and very simple, with only one playable character. That's not going to be the whole thing, just so you know; it's just the Prologue, it's meant to be succinct.

WHAT HAVE I DONE I FEEL SO DIRTY

goldwyvern

Smash Ace
this is what i plan to do for the remainder of chapter 2 and all of chapter 3 of my SSE:

kirby, human kirby, snake, ilyana, ZSS, dr mario and dexter find their way to the beach encountering scourge, superstar helpers, bowser, dimentio, cortex and tiny when they get there. there will be a foreshadowing aura of subspace energy around the area.

guntz's group will defeat hyper ridley zilla and ashencroft before taking the weave of size and riding off. they soon encounter metaknight and wheelie as they pass through dreamland. they aproach the beach.
as soon as they land on the beach, the energy from 5 weaves starts to come together.

we go to wario, still flying from the explosion and his bike falls before he does, crashing into wolf's wolfen. wolf is removed from the reckage by jigglypuff, and the two go through mount moon and find an uncounscious sonic on the ground

back to the beach where the 5 weaves(speed,size,minions,portals, and energy) start circling above the group. being powerhungry, dimentio and scourge run after it, scourge winning. he then becomes subspace scourge and creates a large orb of subspace. that ends chapter 2.

chapter 3 is simple, having 3 levels and one boss, but its not easy. the first level features the beach group entering and pushing through the outer shell of the subspace orb. this allows you to pick eight of the seventeen characters at your disposale (kirby, human kirby, snake, ZSS, ilyana, dr mario, dexter, bowser, dimentio, cortex and tiny, superstar helpers, guntz, nack, mach rider, captain falcon, whellie and metaknight) because the level is designed to last 1 and a half or 2 hours for normal players, having a save point every 5 main rooms. we then have a quick filler level level featuring bill, luigi, ike and marth., before another harder 2 hour level in the subspace. you then fight subspace scourge with a pool of 8-9 characters out of the seventeen. subspace scourge will NOT be a tabuu clone and i will hope that he gets 15(!) attacks.

if someone who is good at bosses, who i trust 100%, and who has a relative amount of freetime (which narrows it down to lenus, warlord and a 50% chance of spayd or krool) wants to make subspace scourge, i will PM them my ideas.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom