• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Make Your Move 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

KingK.Rool

Smash Lord
Very impressive, Chris! My movesets take days, without exception, usually weeks. That's a really good one, too, although I kinda prefer your Zero and some of your OC's.

Chris Lionheart

Smash Champion
Very impressive, Chris! My movesets take days, without exception, usually weeks. That's a really good one, too, although I kinda prefer your Zero and some of your OC's.
I agree with you actually. Zero was more fun to make. Basically this guy can just be called Ike or Link riding on a Charizard. :laugh:

Smady

Smash Master
I wish you guys would hurry up with the posting - I want some distance between Haar and Ryūji - who isn't finished, but I'm about 2500 words in, with only half the specials, final smash, playstyle and extras to go... he's coming along very nicely.

~Cruxis~

Smash Ace
Haar was both quick and cool, but moar soards please. A moveset only takes me 4 hours tops, including multimedia design. It shouldn't take long to present a character if you love them so much. I petition a one time event where the regulars must ask another to make a moveset of their choice, but must not be too obscure. It would be divided from the main contest, but wouldnt be big and get in the way of it. Well? Sirkibble? Hellooooo?

Chris Lionheart

Smash Champion
Haar was both quick and cool, but moar soards please. A moveset only takes me 4 hours tops, including multimedia design. It shouldn't take long to present a character if you love them so much. I petition a one time event where the regulars must ask another to make a moveset of their choice, but must not be too obscure. It would be divided from the main contest, but wouldnt be big and get in the way of it. Well? Sirkibble? Hellooooo?
Are you joking? Most people don't like it when I make sword characters unless there is a lot more to them then that.

Yeah, I agree. It shouldn't really take long to present a character. I'm surprised a lot of people aren't able to beat my speed with the Mendez movement and things like that going on.

That competition was obviously inspired by my gift moveset. I think that would be great around Christmas time, but would lead to spam.

Perhaps keep it in the social group or something?

Of couse, you would have to announce the event on the front page, and possibly keep a chart of who is making a gift moveset for who.

Red Arremer

Smash Legend
Okay, finished catching up with the thread...

would anyone be interested in me doing a moveset for Carmilla...?
Too bad you decided against her, she'd be cool and I know you'd do her justice.

I love her super attack in Judgment... "I will give you the sweetest of pleasures... *whack!*"

I have Lenus Altair's Kefka Doodles opened... they fit perfectly as they are, very kefkaesque, Lenus.

I also have 4 movesets opened: Daroach, Shanoa, Duffman and Mr. Bright & Mr. Shine. I'm looking forward to these, Duffman is for the lulz.
Last but not least I have the 2 new chapters of the SSEs from MasterWarlord and Hyper_Ridley opened.

You can see that I'm very busy reading while freezing off my butt... 4 days gone and I can see icicles on my ceiling. Urk.

Smady

Smash Master
Freezing your butt off? I can't let you do that, Fox. :laugh:

Good to have you back. With making my Yamazaki moveset, it has taken a good few hours - including the spritework - mainly because I don't work on it all at once, I take breaks or am doing other things at the same time. I also do a lot of editing.

~Cruxis~

Smash Ace
Less weapons that are not soards please. Lead to spam? rofl It would be no different. It would only be like a week duration contest. On top of that the group gets no love; most of the newcomer regs dont even go in there, and i already had three of them ask me to make some for them. (which is when i first thought of this, way before Christmas)

TWILTHERO

Smash Lord
Wow, a moveset only done in less than 3 hours Chris XD AKA, Chris has no life....

Seriously though, that's a really cool Haar moveset dude. I really like how the skills were in the moveset. I just don't think that it's your best work is all. Plus, is it really a good idea to include Jill in the final smash. Plus, this is suppose to be a Haar moveset, not a Jill and Haar moveset, even though it's just for one attack (final smash and a victroy pose), but that's just me nitpicking lol. Otherwise pretty cool moveset. :bee:

Chris Lionheart

Smash Champion
Wow, a moveset only done in less than 3 hours Chris XD AKA, Chris has no life....

Seriously though, that's a really cool Haar moveset dude. I really like how the skills were in the moveset. I just don't think that it's your best work is all. Plus, is it really a good idea to include Jill in the final smash. Plus, this is suppose to be a Haar moveset, not a Jill and Haar moveset, even though it's just for one attack (final smash and a victroy pose), but that's just me nitpicking lol. Otherwise pretty cool moveset. :bee:
I fail to see how making a moveset quickly means you have no life.

I know its not my best, but hey, only one can be the best, right?

I thought it would be a good idea to include Jill in the FS. Otherwise, what would the FS be.... Critical Stun? Lolol.

What's a Haar moveset without Jill, right?

The Dragonfly's review is up.

Lenus Altair

Smash Ace
I have Lenus Altair's Kefka Doodles opened... they fit perfectly as they are, very kefkaesque, Lenus.
Glad you like them! Though in retrospect, it probally would of been funnier to switch Raphaels stache and Yami's Fangs. Oh well :laugh: .

Now back to even more Yu Yu and hopefully finishing Hexxus today!

Red Arremer

Smash Legend
Glad you like them! Though in retrospect, it probally would of been funnier to switch Raphaels stache and Yami's Fangs. Oh well :laugh:
I'll change 'em. =)

I'm nearly complete with the movesets I wanted to read, so here the comments:

DAROACH
I prefer calling him Dorocche, it looks far more wicked. ANYWAY. This is, just as usual for HR, a very great moveset. Insanely unique concepts and attacks mixed with a great style of writing. I especially like the Squeaker mechanic.

DUFFMAN
OH YEAH! Love the Final Smash. =D

SHANOA
I like this moveset very much. It's definitely your best so far, MarthTrinity, and you caught the glyph system from OoE extremely well. I also like the Glyph Absorb mechanic. Two minor things though - the attack names are a bit cheesy, and the glyph names you made up are, as well. They're so pseudo-Latin. If you want, I can check the names for you and make up some better one - I've learnt Latin.

MR. BRIGHT & MR. SHINE
Oh wow. Pretty quirky moveset there, Kibble. Definitely your best one so far. I liked it quite a lot. I especially love that mechanic that the user of the Specials and Final Smash is the one not being actually used. But are you sure that 15 seconds in between would be such a good idea? I'd rather have the moves less powerful but more often to use.

HAAR
3 hours? Quite impressive moveset for 3 hours. I like how you underlined that laziness/sleepiness of the character in the moveset. Also, yay for Wyvern Riders. I like it.

Oh, and I've finished the AT for Kefka in the train and started out the SSE Boss, so stay tuned for those, as well. I think I'll post the Boss seperately for you SSE writing lot.

Smady

Smash Master
You need an avatar, Trophy Master. I'm going to look up this 'Pokey'.

Gilgamesh shall be elite, I can tell. Well, if he's anything like Sephiroth. Cruxis am FF Guy confirmed. :laugh:

SonicBoom2

Smash Journeyman
Ayla (or Marle, or maybe Magus) shall be even epic..er!

Gotta have a positive attitude!

Ugh.... I'm gonna fail -.-

Pelikinesis

Smash Journeyman
I just remembered that (a) I have a Wii and no games other than Brawl and (b) there are die-hard Castlevania fanboys afoot in this very thread. So.....anyone play Castlevania Judgment? Is it fun, does the series justice, etc?

Red Arremer

Smash Legend
I haven't played it, but from what I've seen, it's a very nice little fighter, albeit it has a bad camera control.

If you want to get into Castlevania, it's a bad choice, as it's absolutely not like Castlevania. If you want a Soul Calibur with the Castlevania cast in steampunky outfits, go for it.

I also haven't seen any bad criticism from the diehard CVians in here alongside with me (Mendez approved of it, no word from Tanookie or MarthTrinity), so I guess it's not bad.

And if you're at it, get Wario Land: Shake It!. Great game.

To make this post less spammy: Working on Chapter 4 ^-^

Agi

Smash Lord
I haven't played it, but from what I've seen, it's a very nice little fighter, albeit it has a bad camera control.

If you want to get into Castlevania, it's a bad choice, as it's absolutely not like Castlevania. If you want a Soul Calibur with the Castlevania cast in steampunky outfits, go for it.

I also haven't seen any bad criticism from the diehard CVians in here alongside with me (Mendez approved of it, no word from Tanookie or MarthTrinity), so I guess it's not bad.

And if you're at it, get Wario Land: Shake It!. Great game.

To make this post less spammy: Working on Chapter 4 ^-^
Tanookie and MarthTrinity were organizing a wi-fi battle for that game last time I heard of it :laugh:

MarthTrinity said he was going to work on a moveset for Shanoa (I think), Tanookie called that character a spammer, and the rest is history. So... it receives the Castlevania seal of approval.

I have a difficult time believing Haar was made in 3 hours... it seems like it would take much longer.

^
| Compliment

Red Arremer

Smash Legend
Okay. My roster is finalized, HOWEVER (!).

I'd be willing to expand it a bit further for people who have no representation in my roster yet.

This means particularly Smash Daddy, Kholdstare, Baloo and SonicBoom2 - maybe BKupa666, if he thinks Klump & Krusha are not enough representation for him.

Please send me a PM each telling me what
a.) movesets you made
b.) movesets you have planned to do in this contest (still!)
c.) movesets you would like to see

Include with all movesets in categories B and C a little description of their personality and from which series they hail from.
Please keep in mind that my SSE is rather serious, and the most comical character is Cactaur.

So far, I'm thinking of taking in Rosalina (whom I know) from Baloo.

Smady

Smash Master
I'm on the verge of completing a moveset for this one, I'll PM you with a link when he's finished. Is there a deadline for this? 'cause I'd really like to be in your SSE, but I also want the 444th page of MYM #4. :(

Red Arremer

Smash Legend
It's really not necessary for my writing that you post your moveset before sending me that PM. Just do it now, tell me the stuff I wanna know from you and you're (probably) in. <3

Also, there is only a deadline as far as the SSE goes on... Keep in mind I'm writing as we speak, and that I'm trying to keep the game series together a bit - so will the Kirby characters all be introduced in one chapter.

Oh, and on a sidenote to SirKibble:
Seeing as Super Star Helpers are used in several other SSEs, I have allowed myself to change that place into Mr. Bright & Shine, as they have no SSE representation so far - and the Kirby chapter isn't coming too soon. :bee:

Smady

Smash Master
Alright, I'll finish it up tonight and PM you it, Spadefox. I'm new to this whole process - it's very exciting. :D

SonicBoom2

Smash Journeyman

I'd be willing to expand it a bit further for people who have no representation in my roster yet.

This means particularly Smash Daddy, Kholdstare, Baloo and SonicBoom2 - maybe BKupa666, if he thinks Klump & Krusha are not enough representation for him.

a.) movesets you made

Include with all movesets in categories B and C a little description of their personality and from which series they hail from.
Please keep in mind that my SSE is rather serious, and the most comical character is Cactaur.

Say what about me?
By movesets you would like to see...
What does that mean?

Red Arremer

Smash Legend
@Smash Daddy:
Alright, take your time. ;)

@SonicBoom:
If you have a certain request if your prefer another one of your characters. I won't guarantee that I use your request (and I guarantee you not to use Baby DK, Koopa Kid or Protoman.EXE - the former being too young and the latter already being kinda used as Protoman ^^").

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss

a.) movesets you made

PM has been sent.

SonicBoom2

Smash Journeyman
-Scoff-

They're not thaaat young. lol

Buut,
I only have two movesets available.
You're gonna use planned movesets?

Baloo

Smash Ace
Thanks for all the comments on Marx!

@Spadefox: Ok, PM will be sent soon.

I can't decide on De Blob's Final Smash, should it be Paint Bucket, INKT Army, or Paint Tank?

~Cruxis~

Smash Ace
Oh whoops.

Psh, I hate being called young.
I'm the youngest in my class.

Btw, do you need links to the already made movesets (even if you're not using them :p)
Youth = EPIC WIN

Shoot, I'd kill to be young again. I'd relive my life and smart mouth the teachers all over again, but this time with GUSTO. Oh YEAH! *pelvic thrusts*

Good luck, Boom

SonicBoom2

Smash Journeyman
lol Get a crush on a slightly older girl = FAIL!
Get all A's and be considered smart = INSULTS!

If I smartmouth a teacher they'd kill me.

Besides, when were you "young." (give a year or something lol)

Smady

Smash Master
I'd say I feel youthful, but not young. I'm sixteen, but I feel like I'm in my twenties with all the work and downtime I have.

Young is around the early teen mark and below. Once you've masturbated or done more than smooch a girl, your innocence is gone.

Smady

Smash Master
Haha, thirteen, I remember lying about my age on the internet when I was thirteen...

It depends on who gave you that nickname and for what reason.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom