• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Make Your Move 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

aeolous

Smash Apprentice
Aaahhh!! Same avatar madness!!

Anyways, sure, show us what you got. You've got plenty of time to finish your ideas, since the end of this competition won't be for a long time yet.
[color=21212]Edit: Hmmm, it seems we already have a Mega Man... Oh well, I'm sure no one will mind...[/color]
Edit: Oh, hey, he fixed it. OK, I feel better now.

shoryusatsu999

Smash Rookie
Okay, here's Mega Man's Normal B:

MEGA BUSTER: Mega Man fires a small plasma bullet from his buster that deals 1% and flinching when tapped. However, the move can be charged up to increase it's effectiveness. The move has 4 stages, 3 of which can be reached normally: no charge, mid charge, full charge, and malfunction. The mid charge does 3% and below-average knockback. If fully charged, it does 20% and slightly above-average knockback. If it malfunctions, though, a laser as tall as MM blasts forward halfway across FD. It does one percent per 3 frames, and the attack lasts for 2 seconds, totaling at 40%. HOWEVER, if it malfunctions (which happens 1/80 of the time), it does NO knockback, with a small vacuum effect. There's also the side effect of blasting MM backwards 1.5 Stage Builder blocks and making him fall on his rump, essentially tripping him. You can have 6 normal shots on screen at once.This will decrease as charge accumulates from 6 normals, to 3 mids, and finally to one fully charged shot.Other than the malfunction, the MB shots travel at walking pace until they hit something.

So, do you think it's balanced?

aeolous

Smash Apprentice
Hmm, interesting...

There's quite a gap between mid and full charges. 3% to 20% is big. How long does it take to get to each level?

Edit: also, 60% is a crapload of damage. Most Final smashes do less, and no knockback and a trip is a very small price to pay for that.

aeolous

Smash Apprentice
.... 3 seconds for a 3% damage projectile? 3% is not a lot of damage, and 3 seconds is a really long time in game. Forget the full 13, that's just not worth it.
[COLOR=21212]Heh, I bet this sounds like I know exactly what I'm talking about. [/COLOR]

aeolous

Smash Apprentice
Yeah, yeah, it's a double post, but i don't want this entire conversation to be via edits. The others will get confused. :laugh:
Anyways, this is about the point where I wish there were a more experienced member online. It still doesn't feel right, hopefully someone else will have a better idea of specifics on how to fix it.

Pelikinesis

Smash Journeyman
there IS a notable lack of Sandbag at the moment, which is why I'm not expecting a SOS girl review anytime soon....

And how many more days/weeks/fortnights/months is this contest going to be open for? I have a couple ideas (like one, and I'm sure no one knows the character) for movesets and I'm wondering if I would have to rush them out/wait til the next MYM. Anyone know?

SirKibble

Smash Champion
Wynaut looks cool. Didn't even realize I knew the guy until you posted him! :laugh:

Now I must comment on CT business:

Great, we'll have everyone you need to beat the game! Maybe I'll do Magus next if nobody else claims him. I played the original and just got the DS version.

SPOILERS for anyone who hasn't played the game are coming up.
The anime-styled cutscenes in the DS version are freaking awesome and the way they've renamed some of the items is pretty interesting; like Heal becoming Panacea or changing Tonic to Potion.
Yeah, I'm playing the DS version, and the arena is awweesome once you unlock and get the hang of it.

I'm at the Ocean Base in the Antiquity right now. The boss battles aren't very tough, as they're more annoying that hard.

I might decide on making Ayla before I finish (my main team is Crono, Marle, and Ayla, so I wanna know all their techs first) the actual game tonight. It's too dull around here.

(If we want the whole team, we need someone on Magus and Lucca, too.)
Magus would be sick. Lucca would be cool, too.

Oh, and as far as beating the game goes, I'm gonna spoil some techs and good strategy.

I found the most effective team to be Crono, Marle, and Frog. That gives you a lot of options for basically every situation. If you want to do damage, every combination or single character has good options:

Crono -- Spincut / Lightning / Lightning 2 / Confuse (highly recommended) / Luminaire
Marle -- Ice / Ice 2
Frog -- Water / Leap Slash / Water 2 / Frog Squash (if at low health)
Crono + Marle -- Ice Sword / Ice Sword 2
Crono + Frog -- X-Strike / Swordstream / Spire
Frog + Marle -- Ice Water / Glacier
Crono + Marle + Frog -- ARC IMPULSE!!

And in the way of healing, you've got a lot as well:

Crono -- Life
Marle -- Aura / Cure / Cure 2 / Life 2
Frog -- Slurp / Heal / Cure 2
Crono + Marle -- Aura Whirl
Frog + Marle -- Double Cure

= Win.

EDIT: @Peli: We haven't decided on an end date yet. We'll be sure to give plenty of advance notice, though.

~Cruxis~

Smash Ace
Powder Puff

Make Your Move Edition

Powder Puff is a reference to the division of an otherwise male dominated sport reserved for females regardless of the age of the participants.

Powder puff football games are an annual tradition at many high schools and universities in the United States and Canada. The game usually puts girls from the junior class against girls in the senior class or cross-town school rivals in a flag football or touch football contest. Boys from the classes, usually athletes, will dress in drag and be the cheerleaders.

So....

Cruxis = Unknown
Chris Lionheart = Christina Loveheart
Spadefox = Heartvixen
KingK. Rool = Queen Q Rayne
Hyper_Ridley = Super Samus
SirKibble = MadameBits
Sonic the Baron = Sonya the Barren
Chief Mendez = Matron Mandoza
Smash Daddy = Smash Mommy
MasterWarlord = MistressPeaceLady
TheSundanceKid = TheMoonlightGal
TWILTHERO = TWILTHEROINE
frolickingfrogman = dancingtoadwoman
Commander Blitzkrieg = Commander Blossom
Lenus Altair = Venus Altair

Stay tuned for next time's Powder Puff, Make Your Move edition

Tanookie

Smash Journeyman
*sends Sundance a leather harness on Dragon Apprec
Okay, here's Mega Man's Normal B:

MEGA BUSTER: Mega Man fires a small plasma bullet from his buster that deals 1% and flinching when tapped. However, the move can be charged up to increase it's effectiveness. The move has 4 stages, 3 of which can be reached normally: no charge, mid charge, full charge, and malfunction. The mid charge does 3% and below-average knockback. If fully charged, it does 20% and slightly above-average knockback. If it malfunctions, though, a laser as tall as MM blasts forward halfway across FD. It does one percent per 3 frames, and the attack lasts for 2 seconds, totaling at 40%. HOWEVER, if it malfunctions (which happens 1/80 of the time), it does NO knockback, with a small vacuum effect. There's also the side effect of blasting MM backwards 1.5 Stage Builder blocks and making him fall on his rump, essentially tripping him. You can have 6 normal shots on screen at once.This will decrease as charge accumulates from 6 normals, to 3 mids, and finally to one fully charged shot.Other than the malfunction, the MB shots travel at walking pace until they hit something.

So, do you think it's balanced?
We already have two Mega Man movesets...you should make sure it's significantly different from Chief Mendez's and Junahu's.

TheSundanceKid

Smash Lord

Akiak

Smash Ace
Happy you guys liked Wynaut. And Encoring Final Smashes would only be a bad thing for Wynaut and since it doesn't work on teammates then you know.

And Megaman's Blaster is cool with the malfunction thing but I think the charges should do 5% then 10% then 15%.

EDIT: in Powder Puff - Akiak is an abbreviation of Akira so Akira=Shakira

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
Powder Puff

Make Your Move Edition

Powder Puff is a reference to the division of an otherwise male dominated sport reserved for females regardless of the age of the participants.

Powder puff football games are an annual tradition at many high schools and universities in the United States and Canada. The game usually puts girls from the junior class against girls in the senior class or cross-town school rivals in a flag football or touch football contest. Boys from the classes, usually athletes, will dress in drag and be the cheerleaders.

So....

Cruxis = Unknown
Chris Lionheart = Christina Loveheart
Spadefox = Heartvixen
KingK. Rool = Queen Q Rayne
SirKibble = MadameBits
Sonic the Baron = Sonya the Barren
Chief Mendez = Matron Mandoza
Smash Daddy = Smash Mommy
MasterWarlord = MistressPeaceLady
TheSundanceKid = TheMoonlightGal
TWILTHERO = TWILTHEROINE
frolickingfrogman = dancingtoadwoman
Commander Blitzkrieg = Commander Blossom
Lenus Altair = Venus Altair
BKupa666 = BKupette666

Stay tuned for next time's Powder Puff, Make Your Move edition
FIXED; all better

Jimnymebob

Smash Champion
NNID
Jimnymebob
Crashboards FTW

And sorry I couldn't include some of you guys. I just couldn't feminize most of them. XD
So it had actually crashed.

I just thought it was my computer.

And I agree, Crashoboards FTW

Pelikinesis

Smash Journeyman
lol Crashboards. Every single Crashboards member got mindgamed for like a day. Now that it's over, I can go back to reading BBQs.

EDIT:

ZOMG Cactuar is part of the villain team. That is win. Phantom Train is also win. And Zone Eater sounds like a pretty cool boss, until the auto-KOs start happening.

Pelikinesis

Smash Journeyman
Well, I can't argue with that. I'm going to get REALLY confused if I start reading more than one BBQ, regardless of how different they are. But maybe I'll forget that. I probably will.

~Cruxis~

Smash Ace
That's why I try to design mines in a different sense, putting things that people will remember like animated gifs and other multimedia. Sometimes, words arent enough.

SonicBoom2

Smash Journeyman
@Kibble's CT Spoilers:

Maybe I'll try that.
I'm stuck when Dalton sends out two golems at once. My team is Crono, Frog, and Ayla.

It crashed?
:(

Twilight-Emblem

Smash Apprentice
The boards crashed?

No.

They just got Falcon Punched backwards.
YES!

Yeah, I'm playing the DS version, and the arena is awesome once you unlock and get the hang of it.

I might decide on making Ayla before I finish (my main team is Crono, Marle, and Ayla, so I wanna know all their techs first) the actual game tonight. It's too dull around here.

(If we want the whole team, we need someone on Magus and Lucca, too.)
I fully agree with the arena thing, which Smidge did you choose at the start?
My main team at the end of the last game was Magus, Ayla, and Lucca.
Well, like I said, I'll do Magus if nobody else wants to. Wow, I completely forgot about Lucca in that post, lol.

Anyways, in regards to the Crono moveset, I'm thinking:
B- Lightning (Possibly Lightning 2)
^B- Cleave (DS Name, otherwise known as Spincut)
vB- Air Slash (DS name, sounds like a Pokemon attack)
<>B- Cyclone
FS- Luminaire

I'm stuck when Dalton sends out two golems at once. My team is Crono, Frog, and Ayla.
OK, here's an easy way to beat them:
I did it with Crono, Frog, and Lucca. I'd have Frog heal right after the Golems halve your HP and any time it's needed after. If Crono has it yet, use Luminaire and have Lucca, again if she has it, use Flare. If that doesn't kill them, Attack and heal with Crono and just attack with Lucca while using Frog's techs and attacks to finish them.
It should work.

SirKibble

Smash Champion

SonicBoom2

Smash Journeyman
Cleave?
Aether! lol

Lightning? (You could use my Zack Fair lightning attack. It's pretty much the same thing as what Crono would do lol)

Btw, I chose a Shadow Smidge.
Now it's a Fire Outlaw.

Twilight-Emblem

Smash Apprentice
No, Cleave isn't like Aether because he doesn't throw his sword, say the name, or have a super version as a Final Smash (Great...CLEAVE! lol)

I'll check out the Zack moveset, thanks!

I chose shadow as well. I'm not going to mess with the arena much until I unlock all the Eras (I just got the game Monday).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom