• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Make Your Move 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jimnymebob

Smash Champion
NNID
Jimnymebob
As we are talking about canceling, I'd just like to say that I am scrapping all of the ideas I have up to now.

I am happy with Sgt. Cortez, a decent moveset, and I had fun here, but I have come to the decision to leave the contest, for the time being at least.

Red Arremer

Smash Legend
As we are talking about canceling, I'd just like to say that I am scrapping all of the ideas I have up to now.

I am happy with Sgt. Cortez, a decent moveset, and I had fun here, but I have come to the decision to leave the contest, for the time being at least.
NOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!! D:

You can't leave us! You're one of my favourite newcomers. ;_; *clings*

D

Deleted member

I think the reason that everyone is leaving is because of school. The only reason I pushed out so many sets in MYM3 is because it was summer vacation. Now, I'm struggling to meet the voting quota. :(

I, too, have been considering to retire. However, I feel I have at least one moveset left in me, not counting Yosemite Sam. :)

flyinfilipino

Smash Master
Yeah, school is keeping me rather busy too. I have to actually pay attention in class these days instead of drifting off to MYM-land. And this weekend I have a paper to write and a big test to study for, which doesn't really help either. Oh, life.

Twilight-Emblem

Smash Apprentice
OK, Crono's all done save the vids and some tweaking, should be up by the end of the day if all goes well, tommorrow if it doesn't.

BTW, is anyone who's played the DS version available to read the 'set and tell me if I'm using too many of a certain kind of move or anything? The aerials seem kind of slow to me but I need a second opinion.

Great job with Chemistry Man, I thought he was a Megaman guy too.

R.I.P. MYM3 2009:urg:

Hyper_Ridley

Smash Champion

You will be missed Jimny. I wish you the best of luck in your future endeavors.:)

Baloo

Smash Ace
Admittedly, school has kept me to from finishing Toad Brigade sooner. But I won't be leaving, no. Not yet.

Anyway, any requests for Super Saturn? I'm currently doing one with Kawasaki, Bubblun, and Doria. And another with Marx, Dimentio, and who? Reply with a request, first who asks gets it!

majora_787

Smash Hero
Geeze, so much cancelling...

Well, I guess that's what happens when we have the month of february and some people still have 3+ planned movesets...

Akiak

Smash Ace
About the super vote for CM. It'll rest as an idea of a super vote if I don't find anything better. Not saying the movesets here suck, not at all. I just like CM a lot. I might pass over something later which deserves more cause I didn't read that many movesets. I'll have a look at the moveset list when I vote.

Baloo, make DEXTER!

Baloo

Smash Ace
... I never read Dex, but I guess I promised... OK.

EDIT: OK. I have enough of an idea.

Smady

Smash Master
School has been a real ***** to me as well in terms of eating up time, this surprise snow storm has given me a well-needed break from it all. It's not just the work, but the stress - things like being told some of my worst grades will keep me from doing what I want to do, and I don't know what I want to do!

I won't go on and on, though. :lol:

I'm not sure if I'll continue with Vivi, I would quite like to try my hand at Goku [DBZ] and use LSW sprites. Moves like his Kamehameha, Zanzoken, Mirror Image and Kaioken would be very interesting to utilise; I wouldn't simply give him his energy attacks, he'd have wide use of his more technical skills.

PK-ow!

Smash Lord
Gawd it's so hard to search for this thread. Search function breaks if you go for three words, apparently.

I found this by searching 'Baloo' because I remember that name coming up. :psycho:

Anyway, I want to call Illusion of Gaia's Will & Freedan. I've written half their move set in a Marked-Up text document and already have pictures.

NO ONE TOUCH THEM. :flame:

@Smash Daddy: Please finish Vivi. Please.

Red Arremer

Smash Legend
Anyway, I want to call Illusion of Gaia's Will & Freedan. I've written half their move set in a Marked-Up text document and already have pictures.
OH MY GOD.

Someone remembers Illusion of Gaia. I can't wait to see that moveset!

Baloo

Smash Ace
Marx, Saturn, Dimentio and Dexter are brawling on Pictochat. Then, what is this? A smash ball appears! Kaboom! Marx Gets on his ball, jumps up, and uses a devastating Dair on the ball! He almost breaks it! Then, what is this? Dexter uses his remote, and the electrical explosion just misses! Dimentio hits with his Uair, and despite the hideous power of it, it's just enough to break the smash ball! Then, Mister S. comes and saves us from the dreadful Dimension D! He takes the evil jester in a grab, and smashes him into the ground! He jumps up, and using his super powerful Nair sweetspot, he smashes open the sphere of glory for himself! What a hit! He presses the B button extravagantly, and the word becomes pixelated...

A Super Saturn suddenly attacked!

You select PK Dakota

They select Psycho Rings, Piranha Plant, and Wimp Fury

Marx used Psycho Rings!

Dimentio turns blue!

Dexter taunts repeatedly!

Super Saturn sniffs indignantly!

The music changes from Mr. Saturn's Theme to Cow Racing!

Everyone takes 50 damage because of the shock and dreadful taste in that change!

Dimentio summoned a Piranha Plant!

It chomped menacingly!

Dexter taunted like an idiot!

Dexter stopped taunting!

Dexter used Wimp Fury!

Super Saturn laughed at Dexter's wimpyness!

Super Saturn received two damage!

Super Saturn used PK Dakota!

It delivered an astonishing twenty damage smash to Marx!

Dimentio warped dimensions and was not hit by the initial blast.

Dexter received fifteen damage!

The aftershock did not hit Marx!

Dimentio was hit by the aftershock!

He received seven damage!

The aftershock sped in Dexter's direction, but it missed.

The piranha plant spat a fireball!

It did three damage to Super Saturn!

You select Zoom

They select Transform, Uair, and Remote Shock

Marx transforms!

Marx uses Blade Boomerang!

Dimentio received three damage!

The piranha plant died!

Dimentio wailed in despair!

Super Saturn received seventy damage!

It was not necessary, because he has 300 HP!

Dimentio used Uair, but it missed.

Dexter used Remote Shock!

It zapped Dimentio!

Dimentio received thirty damage!

Super Saturn used Zoom!

He slammed into Marx!

Marx received a convenient 29 damage that left him with 1 health!

He slammed into Dimentio, but he missed.

He slammed into Dexter!

Dexter was smacked forward, and was unhappy!

Super Saturn apologized!

Dexter and Super Saturn shook hands!

You choose Frightbot

They choose arrow, Clone thingy, and Robot.

Marx shot arrows at Super Saturn, but they missed.

Dimentio made a clone!

The clone accidentally cloned Frightbot three times!

It laughed manically, and slapped Dimentio!

Dimentio received two damage!

Dexter summoned a robot!

It pushed a Frightbot!

The Frightbot walked back!

Frightbot told a story so astonishingly scary it made Dexter wet his pants!

Frightbot 2 told a bone-chillingly scary story!

Frightbot 1 made a Shield out of scariness.

Frightbot 2 made 8-bit music.

Frightbot 1 cried from not being able to hear the music from the shield.

Frightbot 3 didn't care.

Frightbot 4 told a horrific story of death and torture!

Frightbot 1 exploded!

Dimentio received...7 damage! He barely survived!

The electricity did one damage!

Dimentio took mortal damage!

Dimentio was KOed!

YOU WIN!

Super Saturn received 22 experience!

Dimentio left a Bucket of Lifenoodles!

Would you like to eat them?

Yes.

You gained back all the health you lost during the battle!

Marx received 37 experience!

Yes.

Dexter received 16 experience!

Yes.

The battle resumes, and Dimentio appears in the respawning area.

EDIT: You found it by looking up Baloo!?

Yippee!

Pelikinesis

Smash Journeyman
Illusion of Gaia characters? About time we got around to seeing Nintendo's best get beaten by some punk with a flute!

But yes, in between school and other IRL stuff, and MMGS on the boards, it's hard to find time for MYM (holy acronyms, Batman!). I'm glad I'm not doing anything else for 4, but 5 on the other hand.......

The problem is that I just finished watching Digimon Adventure (the first one) and FLCL, and Piedmon and Naota and Haruko have TONS of moveset potential. I need to stop watching stuff. But I probably won't.

Twilight-Emblem

Smash Apprentice
Sigh

Crono might not be done by the time voting starts because I accidentally left my flash drive with the set on it at my other house and the connections anywhere near it are all crap.

In other news, I'm attempting to make a Superstar Helpers-esque moveset for MYM5 with Mario enemies like Koopa and Goomba. Any suggestions on who to use? I'm not quite as knowledgable when it comes to Mario as I am on other games.

Baloo

Smash Ace
Crono might not be done by the time voting starts because I accidentally left my flash drive with the set on it at my other house and the connections anywhere near it are all crap.

In other news, I'm attempting to make a Superstar Helpers-esque moveset for MYM5 with Mario enemies like Koopa and Goomba. Any suggestions on who to use? I'm not quite as knowledgable when it comes to Mario as I am on other games.
Use Goomba and Koopa, yeah. Also, use Cheep Cheep and Wiggler. And use a random WTF Mario enemy like Ruff Puff.

http://www.mariowiki.com/Ruff_Puff

Red Arremer

Smash Legend
Are you sure you'd be able to make them good, then? I mean, not to insult you or so, but if you're not familiar with the character or source material, I wouldn't suggest doing a moveset for that character. Otherwise it comes out as bland as my Aeon set.

Doing someone of a series you feel comfortable with and know enough to actually create a proper moveset is far far FAR better.

Baloo

Smash Ace
...Aren't you encouraging.:laugh:

But I must agree, you should be somewhat familiar with the character.

Buuuut, sometimes they can work! Like my Kumatora set, I'd never played M3 when I wrote that, and it's considered my best set.

Aeon was bland? LOL.

EDIT: Kuma is my best set, isn't it?

Red Arremer

Smash Legend
His Specials definitely aren't, but his standard attacks are basically your usual swordswings, just with that clockweapon he has.

I mean, if Twilight Emblem REALLY wants to do a Mario-enemy set, I won't stand in his way. I just want to give him an advice that making a moveset for a character (or in this case multiple characters) you aren't familiar with can turn out to be extremely exhausting and almost a torture.
Aeon had 2 big merits in here: I know the source series VERY well, and there's plenty of videos inspiring a moveset for him.

Goomba, Koopa Troopa etc. don't have those videos. And Twilight Emblem - as he said himself - is not too familiar with the Mario franchise.

As said: I would suggest to NOT make them, or, if you want, make one individually to try out if you can come up with something.
Taking on yourself with several movesets for characters you don't know is even worse than for just one.

Baloo

Smash Ace
B-but the specials didn't make up for that? NOOOOO!!!

You do have a point that there are few video's that could actually put down a moveset for him, but look at Goomba. In the Paper Mario series, they have a few set attacks, which would end up being a basis for the moveset. Koopa too could have his typical hammer throw/shell glide/whathaveyou, and be fine.

And several is an awful lot, I have to agree. Try for one, see how that goes. Yeah.

And reply already! We're here discussing how your moveset should be made, and you're watching. Input on our input please!

KingK.Rool

Smash Lord
Awww, Jimny, that's some really depressing news. You're one of the most reasonable and fun-to-have-around newcomers this contest, I wish you could stick around more. :(

Anyway, any requests for Super Saturn? I'm currently doing one with Kawasaki, Bubblun, and Doria. And another with Marx, Dimentio, and who? Reply with a request, first who asks gets it!
:bee:

So I, too, have been really busy these days. Looks like just about everyone's been. I'll try to get a review or maybe (gasp!) two up this weekend, though, if at all possible.

Pelikinesis

Smash Journeyman
@Twilight-Emblem:

I'd suggest the Hammer Bros., the Sumo Brother from Super Mario World, those jock enemies also from SMW, and if you could somehow work in a Thwomp that would be amazing.

But I think that the former 3 would be a good bet because they do have some unique attacks.

Hammer Bros. have hammers, of course.

The Sumo Brother has karate chops and a stomp that summons lightning that turns into a wave of fire on contact.

The jock enemies (I forget their names) throw baseballs and kick footballs and charge around.

I think it would be fun for them to do combination attacks and such. I don't know much about the enemies from Galaxy or Sunshine I'm afraid, and I can't remember many terribly interesting enemies from 64 (except bosses which were huge).

SirKibble

Smash Champion
Well, a few of your more important and recurring enemies would be:

Goomba
Koopa Troopa / Paratroopa
Hammer Bros.
Boo
Shy Guy
Monty Mole
Blooper
Cheep Cheep
Buzzy Beetle
Thwomp
Whomp
Bob-omb

Suffice it to say, you've got a pretty decent selection. If you're struggling to know the characters well, that can be a problem, so make sure you pick some of the ones you're most familiar with.

Pelikinesis

Smash Journeyman
Thank you, agi. That was REALLY bothering me. And I'm pretty sure that they had baseballs, although that's not to say that there weren't baseballs elsewhere.

...You know what? Since I'm so Super Mario World-oriented, I'll have to suggest that you put those mysterious green circles you encounter bouncing around in Ghost Houses into the moveset. Why? BECAUSE.

Speaking of Mario, I always thought Jinx from SMRPG would have made an interesting character, but I can't recall most of his attacks at the moment.

But I haven't played any platformer Mario game past 64, so my knowledge dries up there.

dancingfrogman

Smash Ace
Switch FC
3133 8842 3910
Oooo Bowser Minions! There was one in MYM3, created by the capt falcon master, which consisted of Monty Mole, Blooper, Goomba and Koopa Troopa. Here is the set, although since your using different characters, it wil bel completly different, and I also bet you can do justice to the minions.

Baloo

Smash Ace
@Tanookie: No. I'll make my next one with her, Mr Shine and Bright, and whoooooooo?

Baloo

Smash Ace
OK, goldwyvern, and of course, H_R, wins. First, I'll finish Bubblun, Doria and Kawasaki, then I'll start on Shine and Bright, Maria Renard, and Cortez.

D

Deleted member

I'm scrapping Yosemite Sam for another character, who will remain a secret. While I'm on the subject...

Can anyone read this in a font other than the default?

Hyper_Ridley

Smash Champion
I'm scrapping Yosemite Sam for another character, who will remain a secret. While I'm on the subject...

Can anyone read this in a font other than the default?
The font displays on my computer, but it's awfully small. It might not be a good idea to make that the main font for the move set

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom