• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Make Your Move 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

SonicBoom2

Smash Journeyman
My one bit of (cosmetic only) advice for Mudkip is to change his Up-B from Surf to Muddy Water; they're essentially the same move (animation wise, at least in Pokemon they are...) but it seems to fit him slightly more : )
Heh, I started complaining when I first saw that move in Ruby...

Also, I woulda hoped for more originality.
Most of the moves I found similar in Pokemon Trainer,
Stray away from him a bit, you don't want a clone, do you?

Chris Lionheart

Smash Champion
@Mario and Sonic Guy

I know you were good in MYM 2.0... but you need to up the detail. You are still posting 2.0/early 3.0 quality movesets. If you don't have any intention of winning, then by all means stay as is, but if you want to be noticed, you need detail, BB code, etc.

SonicBoom2

Smash Journeyman
@Mario and Sonic Guy

I know you were good in MYM 2.0... but you need to up the detail. You are still posting 2.0/early 3.0 quality movesets. If you don't have any intention of winning, then by all means stay as is, but if you want to be noticed, you need detail, BB code, etc.
A little off topic, but when was the first MYM posted?

On Topic:
Even if you don't want to win, at least make it decent, there isn't a point in doing something if you don't want to give it a best shot.

darkserenade

Smash Ace
Hey guys, may I ask you a question? Which looks better, this:
Strength--4​
Walk Speed--5​
Run Speed--7​
Aerial Speed--6​
Fall Speed--6​
First Jump--6​
Second Jump--8​
Crouch--5​
Traction--5​
Range--5​
Weight--Mid-light​
Height--Medium​
Crawl--N/A​
Wall Jump--Yes​
Wall Cling--Yes​
Glide--N/A​

Or this:

Strength--4​
Walk Speed--5​
Run Speed--7​
Aerial Speed--6​
Fall Speed--6​
First Jump--6​
Second Jump--8​
Crouch--5​
Traction--5​
Range--5​
Weight--Mid-light​
Height--Medium​
Crawl--N/A​
Wall Jump--Yes​
Wall Cling--Yes​
Glide--N/A​

Thanks for helping.

UnSaxon51

Smash Journeyman
NNID
UnSaxon51
3DS FC
0619-3482-4034
Switch FC
SW 1864 9526 0695
Just read Breloom, Maria, and Rock'n'Roll

Breloom
I really like him. A few suggestions:
- No Final Smash? For shame.
- I love love love the concept behind Focus Punch, but... 25 seconds to charge?!? That's a bit ridiculous if you ask me. Even 10 seconds feels like an eternity in Smash Brothers. So, while the idea is amazing and should be kept, you might want to consider lowering the start up time.
- I think some of his standard attacks could use a little more detail.
Hello Kettle? This is the pot. Are you aware that you're black?

Maria
Wow. She's good. Really good, especially if this is your first. I bow to your inherent abilities.
However...
- The amount of damage she's dealing combined with the ranges you're describing seems a bit unbalanced. Unless the recovery lag is really bad if she misses, it feels like no one should be able to touch her.
- I didn't see how Genbu's blessing worked before you edited it, so it doesn't seem too bad to me. But I can easily see how this could be overpowered/overused.
Otherwise, fantastic job on everything. You make me really excited to see Alucard
Also known as the most bad-*** Vampire Hunter EVAR

Rock & Roll
Having not played the Legends series, I can't say how faithful the set is, but it feels right. Feels really balanced over all. I especially love the multiple Street Fighter references (yay Capcom!)
I'm honestly surprised Grappling Arm doesn't function as a tether. Or maybe it does and you just didn't mention it. *shrug*

~Cruxis~

Smash Ace
Just read Breloom, Maria, and Rock'n'Roll

Breloom
I really like him. A few suggestions:
- No Final Smash? For shame.
- I love love love the concept behind Focus Punch, but... 25 seconds to charge?!? That's a bit ridiculous if you ask me. Even 10 seconds feels like an eternity in Smash Brothers. So, while the idea is amazing and should be kept, you might want to consider lowering the start up time.
- I think some of his standard attacks could use a little more detail.
Hello Kettle? This is the pot. Are you aware that you're black?

Maria
Wow. She's good. Really good, especially if this is your first. I bow to your inherent abilities.
However...
- The amount of damage she's dealing combined with the ranges you're describing seems a bit unbalanced. Unless the recovery lag is really bad if she misses, it feels like no one should be able to touch her.
- I didn't see how Genbu's blessing worked before you edited it, so it doesn't seem too bad to me. But I can easily see how this could be overpowered/overused.
Otherwise, fantastic job on everything.

Rock & Roll
Having not played the Legends series, I can't say how faithful the set is, but it feels right. Feels really balanced over all. I especially love the multiple Street Fighter references (yay Capcom!)
I'm honestly surprised Grappling Arm doesn't function as a tether. Or maybe it does and you just didn't mention it. *shrug*
Oh it is right. The Grapple Hook isnt a chain. It is a claw arm basically. All of his Specials are true to his game, and Roll Support, of course is an exception, though Roll really does supply Rock with weaponry.

darkserenade

Smash Ace
*reads location*

I'm with you all the way, lad...
Change ypur location FOR GREAT JUSTICE!!!
/Mym meme
Psst...darkserenade....just make two conveyor belts directed towards a pit in the middle...they'll never see it coming...then you can beat them and steal all of their stickers and CD's...
Ingenious plan...Join me. Together we can end this war...

SonicBoom2

Smash Journeyman
night everyone.
Was this really worth a post?
No offense.

Anyways,
Baby DK should be up by later tonight or by tomorrow.

And just read Maria Renard.

All in all, great, although coming from a guy who's half awake and typing about a monkey, you should really get a different opinion.
But really,
Cool.

(Yes, I know I'm a bit late for her.)

SonicBoom2

Smash Journeyman
Ah well,
This beats the character boards.
Well, at least the ones I posted in.
They scream at me if I have a wrong theory, which happens a lot.

Hey, approximately how many movesets in a MYM are Pokemon?
I see too many...

MarthTrinity

Smash Lord
Quite a few Pokemon movesets are made, mostly because as Mendez said in his Snorlax review, Pokemon movesets are usually easy to make (since you can just search for moves the Pokemon learn, modify them into a Smash move and put it all together) and often times are rather creative or unique (for instance like Electrode will be when it's posted).

In MYM 3.0. a 2 Pokemon per person limit was put in because like...EVERYONE was making Pokemon entries...

EDIT: I was gonna do Tangrowth last time around but got side-tracked (hence why I didn't post a whole lot in that MYM) and ended up not doing anything after DK Crew.

This time around I actually thought of some good characters that I like and decided to use those instead of a random Pokemon.

Chief Mendez

Smash Master
Ah well,
This beats the character boards.
Well, at least the ones I posted in.
They scream at me if I have a wrong theory, which happens a lot.
Yeah. This thread really is only associated with Smashboards in the vaguest, loosest sense possible. Basically if not for the fact that we're writing movesets for Smash Bros. characters, we'd be totally out of place.

Everywhere else is usually A) arguing about how much Brawl sucks/Melee is old, B) how broken Snake and Meta Knight are, C) mods being mods, or D) people arguing about random videogames.

It's crazy to find a place this chillaxed on such an otherwise-frenetic message board. :bee:

Hey, approximately how many movesets in a MYM are Pokemon?
I see too many...
In this one? Only three so far. There were maybe twenty or so in MYM3, but apparently there were too many in MYM2.

Not that bad, considering.

SonicBoom2

Smash Journeyman
K, almost done with the official moveset itself for Baby DK (I'll edit in the Extras later)

Who should I do after Baby DK?

(has anyone done Zack Fair or Koopa Kid in the past?)

MarthTrinity

Smash Lord
K, almost done with the official moveset itself for Baby DK (I'll edit in the Extras later)

Who should I do after Baby DK?

(has anyone done Zack Fair or Koopa Kid in the past?)
Fairly certain that's a no and a no. : )

We're not so big now on who's been done in the past and all as long as the moveset you make is different than the other one that was made ^^

Chief Mendez

Smash Master
@ds: I don't even know what sport the Lakers play. :bee:

@SB2: That's your new name. Also as long as you've played Crisis Core, then I vote for Zack.

Junahu

Smash Ace
@darkserenade: your idea of seperate columns for the stats is a good one, it's just really hard to make it work;

Strength--4~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~5--Walk Speed
Range--5~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~7--Run Speed
Weight--4~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~6--Aerial Speed
Fall Speed--6~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~5--Height
First Jump--6~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~4--Attack Speed
Second Jump--8~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~5--Crouch
Wall Jump--Yes~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~5--Traction
Wall Cling--Yes~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Crawl--N/A~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Glide--N/A~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

See? It's pretty much imposible..

@voting changes;
I won't be looking foreward to the Sandbag's Top50, because that's what'll happen when you get 40 movesets all tied with 1 vote.

Chief Mendez

Smash Master
See? It's pretty much imposible..
It just doesn't flow right. My eyes want to read either straight down a list, or left to right as normal--but going from weight to aerial speed to fall speed to height just doesn't gel.

@voting changes;
I won't be looking forward to the Sandbag's Top50, because that's what'll happen when you get 40 movesets all tied with 1 vote.
Yeah, we're in talks and such. We originally had planned to wait and see how MYM3's voting turned out, as well as how MYM4 progressed before deciding on endgame stuff like that.

This only came up in the thread due to a clerical error. We're taking care of it, though.

EDIT -

@SB2: Yeah just about. Probably the best game on the PSP right now. :chuckle:

@Trinity: I feel your pain.

"Wow, you're how tall? Man, do you play basketball?"
"No, not really. I mean, I can play it fine, and I used to when I was younger, but..."
"Man you totally should. You're just so tall you'd be so good!"

...Urgh.

SonicBoom2

Smash Journeyman
I feel really bored.
Time for a preview of Baby DK's Side Special!

Side Special:
Explosive Egg: (8% egg, 10% baseball)

Apparently Baby DK took some of Yoshi’s eggs for the brawl. In Yoshi Island DS, eggs thrown by Yoshi, while carrying Baby DK, were explosive.
The trajectory of this throw is a slight arc, but mainly just straight-forward. The eggs can also be slightly tilted in trajectory when you move the control stick upwards or downwards. When thrown, the eggs can only be thrown about as far as 2/3 of Final Destination, only if they aren’t tilted.
Keep in mind the blast range for this is huge, it may even set off bob-ombs and break crates if they are nearby the enemy.
There is some start-up lag, but since this move is mainly for long-distance damage-racking, it won’t be much of a problem to you.
A special thing is that there is a 10 percent chance of Baby DK throwing a baseball, rather than an explosive egg. The baseball goes a little less in distance (he never was a good pitcher), and doesn’t explode, but does 10%, rather than 8%, and travels faster. If you happen to get the baseball over and over again by spamming luckily, it does not degrade.

Extra Notes: When your opponent is running at you or short hop approaching, spam two or three of these! Seriously, angle one upwards, and one normally, your opponent will be forced to jump, and you can use that time to even jump up and throw another upward angled egg, charge an Upwards Smash, or try to use one of Baby DK’s slow, powerful, aerials. Despite only having three trajectories, possibilities with this move are endless. This technique is great, considering Baby DK’s lack of approaches.

You think it's too much?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom