• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Make Your Move 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Basket o Chicken

Smash Cadet
In my brief period of lurking before joining, I concluded that Spadefox hated everyone.

And Baloo's sets are good, maybe not as good as others, but good.

Jimnymebob

Smash Champion
NNID
Jimnymebob
So I take you're saying that Tanookie and Jimnymebob are not good newcomers? Wow.
<3 Spadefox- Thank you :bee:

According to the MYM awards I'm not a good newcomer :p

And because I've not said it yet, hello Basket o Chicken :bee:

KingK.Rool

Smash Lord
In my brief period of lurking before joining, I concluded that Spadefox hated everyone.

And Baloo's sets are good, maybe not as good as others, but good.
Not an altogether false deduction. :bee:

Seriously, though, Spade doesn't hate - he's just blunt. Most people aren't used to bluntness around here and take it the wrong way. You've gotta take it in stride, and remember Kibble's (or someone else's?) words: everyone makes Spade mad once.

And I'll also have to agree that Tanookie's the best newcomer. If you ask me, he's got that MYM Award locked up. Not that there haven't been other good ones, but the guy's as good if not better than most veterans.

EDIT: Holy ****, guys... We're now two pages farther than we ever got in MYM 3; it only had 740 pages. And about 100 of those were AFTER submission period. Amazing. A milestone in our history! WHEEEEEEE! :bee:

Basket o Chicken

Smash Cadet
:p

Wow, Spadefox was nice.

I don't like Tanookies sets as much as Baloo's, but that's probably because I've never even heard of most of the characters she does sets for. They're still good though.

dancingfrogman

Smash Ace
Switch FC
3133 8842 3910
Welcome to Make Your Move and Smashboards Basket o Chicken, I see you're intrested with this thread ay? It's always nice to have newcomers into MYM. Have a good time here, and I wish you well.

Red Arremer

Smash Legend
EDIT: Holy ****, guys... We're now two pages farther than we ever got in MYM 3; it only had 740 pages. And about 100 of those were AFTER submission period. Amazing. A milestone in our history! WHEEEEEEE! :bee:
And how many posts of the ones in MYM4 are comparably spammy? A lot. <_<"

Wow, Spadefox was nice.

I don't like Tanookies sets as much as Baloo's, but that's probably because I've never even heard of most of the characters she does sets for. They're still good though.
OMG! Yes, that IS possible for me to be nice.

And Tanookie is male.

Besides, judging a moveset from you personal view/knowledge is pretty frowned upon here. If you say a moveset sucks because you can't stand the character, you won't get many friends here, that I can assure you of. Just a little footnote.

Agi

Smash Lord
Hi.

I'll be making movesets!

I hope I make good ones, could someone just link me to some that are considered the best? So I can get an idea, ya know.
*is late to reply*

Everyone else has covered everything, so all I can do is extend my hand in greetings, Basket! You may want to check out the Chat (someone else link him, please; I'm on the Wii) to further get involved in the community, as that's where a lot of the discussion occurs. It's good to see a fellow Mother fan.

Basket o Chicken

Smash Cadet
... He is? Oh.

And yeah, i know, I shouldn't judge them by the character but by the quality. But no one can go through life without being a little biased, I've never heard of Maria Renard, but I know and love de Blob. You can't expect there to be no bias at all. I'm not saying it's a bad moveset, I'm just saying that perhaps I can't appreciate the full quality of a moveset I have no idea who it is about.

Red Arremer

Smash Legend
Spade... He just doesn't know Tanookie's characters as well as Baloo, so he can't actually compare them as well as Baloo's.

And you should just admit that you hate me, okay?
I know NOTHING about dancingfrogman's Undead Hero, yet I think it is one of the best movesets in the contest, because it's GOOD, regardless of what the character is.

And I don't hate you, however, I do dislike your assuming that you are always right, forcing your opinion on others and acting like you got wisdom fed with the silver spoon when you were a baby. If you wouldn't act so high-up and all-knowing, I guess I could like you... but I digress.

SirKibble

Smash Champion
Ah, a smart newcomer you are! Excellent observation! :p

Seriously, though, Spade doesn't hate - he's just blunt. Most people aren't used to bluntness around here and take it the wrong way. You've gotta take it in stride, and remember Kibble's (or someone else's?) words: everyone makes Spade mad once.
Ah, yes, my immortal words. The third, and usually forgotten, thing that cannot be avoided in life: making Spade mad at least once.

But yeah, Spade's usually just blunt. Unless you spam a lot or do something similar, then he'll rip your intestines out and force-feed you them. That, my friends, is not being blunt. The term we usually use for that is "He had it coming."

We're always breakin' records here. It's just 'cause we special, I s'pose. :bee:

And I have to agree with Spade on the familiarity point. Be sure not to skip over a moveset because it's a character you don't know. Granted, you're going to feel more drawn toward ones you do know, but make sure you give the others attention as well. I mean, if I'd skipped over characters I didn't know, I never would've recognizes the awesomeness of movesets like Aeon, Sergeant Cortez, Alucard, or Eddie the Head, not to mention Original Characters like Hyper_Ridley and Charley's Ghost.

dancingfrogman

Smash Ace
Switch FC
3133 8842 3910
I know NOTHING about dancingfrogman's Undead Hero, yet I think it is one of the best movesets in the contest, because it's GOOD, regardless of what the character is.

And I don't hate you, however, I do dislike your assuming that you are always right, forcing your opinion on others and acting like you got wisdom fed with the silver spoon when you were a baby. If you wouldn't act so high-up and all-knowing, I guess I could like you... but I digress.
Awww, I <3 you :bee:

And I tend to have fun, and hopefully make people laugh/chuckle slightly with my posts, i'm not that serious kind've guy, which makes me a giant hypocrite, Krool knows why :laugh:

And Filters suck, period.

We break records with every MYM, it's just a tradition!

kitsuneko345

Smash Ace
*sending Sundance lots of apple pies on Pi Day, as

:urg: I don't feel like dealing with our usual arguments about life and such, so I'll just say that all I truly ask for is understanding my views and accepting me for that...

GOT IT? GOOD!

Basket o Chicken

Smash Cadet
Yay, I'm smart. :p

I seem to like :p, I've used it in almost every post.

So, from what I've seen, there's an unwritten rule that you have to make a Kirby set?

Hyper_Ridley

Smash Champion
Yay, I'm smart. :p

I seem to like :p, I've used it in almost every post.

So, from what I've seen, there's an unwritten rule that you have to make a Kirby set?
Nah, Kirby's just been really popular this MYM for some reason. I made my Wheelie move set just to see if it was possible, and look, it ended up as one of my best.:laugh:

dancingfrogman

Smash Ace
Switch FC
3133 8842 3910
Make any set you like, anything can be your choice, there's no limitions, you can make original creations if you want to.

Kirby's very popular amongst us MYMers, but so is Sonic (me lol), and quite a few series, but Kirbys the dominant series done here in MYM

Basket o Chicken

Smash Cadet
I know, I was only kidding. But I do want to do a Kirby set, not sure what yet.

Since I'm not actually doing a moveset in MYM4, will I be considered an MYM4er or an MYM5er?

aeolous

Smash Apprentice
I just have to jump in here and laugh at everyone who has recently called themselves a lurker. I think I win that category for the moment. (e-cookie to whoever can find my last post.)

Welcome, Basket. Good luck on your moveset-making career, have fun, etc. New people are always fun, especially when they're intelligent.

For anyone who happens to remember from however long ago that I actually posted anything, I'm still working on Ikkaku, and it's still going really slow. I haven't actually gotten anything done for a while, just because my schedule has been ridiculous lately. I'll probably end up leaving him for MYM5, just because then I'll be sure to have enough time to finish, and because I'm not going to be able to vote this time around anyways, so he might as well count towards my total for 5.

SirKibble

Smash Champion
I just have to jump in here and laugh at everyone who has recently called themselves a lurker. I think I win that category for the moment. (e-cookie to whoever can find my last post.)

Welcome, Basket. Good luck on your moveset-making career, have fun, etc. New people are always fun, especially when they're intelligent.

For anyone who happens to remember from however long ago that I actually posted anything, I'm still working on Ikkaku, and it's still going really slow. I haven't actually gotten anything done for a while, just because my schedule has been ridiculous lately. I'll probably end up leaving him for MYM5, just because then I'll be sure to have enough time to finish, and because I'm not going to be able to vote this time around anyways, so he might as well count towards my total for 5.
Hey, someone else who's doing Bleach sets! Soi Fon is a good idea, hopefully that works out well. Also, if someone else wants to do Kurosaki Ichigo, they can, I'm not going to do him after all.

Instead, once I get done with Ikkaku, I'll be doing either an original character or a Lictor from the Warhammer 40K universe, which for those of you not familiar (which I expect to be almost everybody,) has uber camouflage abilities, can rip through light tank armor, and looks like this:

I want my e-cookie. ;)

I know, I just wanted to know, will I be a newcomer in MYM5 too?

And my Kirby moveset will be...

Ice Dragon!
I <3 you.

Agi

Smash Lord

(sorry about undeleted text)

Your last post was 1-29-09, commenting on the uprising in Bleach sets.

*takes cookie*

Who's Ice Dragon? I can't say I've heard of him.

EDIT: Darn you, Kibbs.

aeolous

Smash Apprentice
Meh, you can both have one. *gives cookies*

I also am not familiar with Ice Dragon... then again, my knowledge of Kirby is fairly limited, so that doesn't mean much. However, it is a dragon, and it involves ice, therefore, I expect it to be awesome.

Edit: Aah, so that's an Ice Dragon. Cool. Heh. Cool. That's funny.

flyinfilipino

Smash Master

dancingfrogman

Smash Ace
Switch FC
3133 8842 3910
MarthTrinity, is the answer to your question.

EDIT: GOD DAMMIT, I'M 2 SLOW AGAIN!!!!

How long have you been lurking for Basket? Have you seen my sets (you can go on the Bondage between Movesets link)?

Basket o Chicken

Smash Cadet
Thanks.

I haven't been lurking that long, and I didn't see your sets.

And I guess I'd join a Roomba Improving group, but why Roomba? What does a Roomba have to do with MYM?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom