• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Make Your Move 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Salvo Fenris

Smash Apprentice
So... out of curiosity, why post that preview? Seeing as you already told us he would have tripping attacks, and I think you mentioned this mechanic, the preview doesn't seem to serve much purpose. You already seem to be dead set on the mechanic, so unless you wanted advice or suggestions on the details of it, I'm not sure I understand the purpose of posting it, especially after this whole preview discussion. That's just me, though.

Baloo

Smash Ace
I guess I wanted to make the post moveset related somehow. :p

But I see what you mean.

Tornadith

Smash Journeyman
*Sends Sundance _______________ on __________ Day,
Side Special= Starlight Blast

MPM immediately starts off this attack and shouts "Starlight Blast!" as he swings his blade around 6 times very quickly and wildly and a flash of light (not so bright that it's blinding) comes off from every hit that MPM makes. MPM then spins around with his blade and hits for a possible two more times while time seems to slow down a little bit. This attack can do A LOT of damage if you use all 8 hits on the opponent. This attack has absolutely NO knockback and is very long, lasting about 6 seconds in all. This attack has a slight capture, DI'ing can happen. This attack is a very good attack if you get in a situation in which they have to be hit by this attack BUT this attack is EXTREMELY punishable. Seeings as it is a 6 second attack, if you miss...prepare to get a fully charged smash in the face. This attack is one that really should be echoed because...10% at a regular is very bad for 6 seconds.

Eight Hits
Regular : 1%-2% for 8 hits = 10%
4 echoes : 1%-2% for 8 hits = 12%
8 echoes : 2% for 8 hits = 16%
12 echoes : 2%-3% for 8 hits = 22%
16 echoes : 3%-4% for 8 hits = 30%
24 echoes : 5% for 8 hits = 40%
32 echoes : 6%-7% for 8 hits = 52%
Up Throw= Duet Duel

MPM holds his enemy as he rolls onto his back and the pushes them into the air with his feet. He then jumps up (enemy is motionless through all of this) and prepares to slash the enemy and then time stands still for 1 second. In this one second, a ching will randomly occur and whoever hits A first will win the duel. If you hit A before you hear the ching, you will automatically lose. If you win, you get ready for a big slash in the air and hit them pretty hard. But if they win the duel, they will kick back at you for quite a lot of damage. This is pretty much the pure definition of risk/reward. If you win the duel, you can do severe damage. But if they win the duel, you have not hurt them much at all, and they have dealt a blow to you. Definitely use this attack on people who are unfamiliar with MPM and won't be expecting to hit A.
(1% for kick, 10% for win slash, 11% for lose kick, good knockback for win/loss, No cool-down)

Up Tilt=
Sky Divider

MPM sweeps his sword upwards, brings it down and then jumps while sweeping his sword upwards, obviously going much higher while yelling "Sky Divider!". This attack does NOT capture the opponent so they can DI out of it, yet it's a bit hard. This move is mainly for knockback, not so much damage. But the knockback is AMAZING. And if this move is ?????? at 32...it's pretty much auto-kill at like 25%. This attack is one of MPM's least laggy specials. It still has a start-up of about .25 seconds and has quite a bit of lag afterwards, which really doesn't matter because the opponent will be knocked down at pretty much any percent or killed. The frozen startup at 24 and 32 does not affect this special that much. This attack does not have much range at all, making you be pretty much right next to the opponent to do it. This attack can be used as a recovery also (Cuz it's an Up-B) and when used in the air, MPM does not get much height at all from the first slash, but the second one is what carries him up the most. It is probably and average recovery, not being too great or too bad. One of the special things about this recovery (which can be good or bad depending on the situation) is that the more ????? you have, the higher MPM will go in his recovery. If you get him to 24 or 32, he will freeze as normal and it's a great recovery. The bad thing about this is that if you get a lot of ????? and you are forced to use this, they're kind of wasted. But at least you still get back on the stage! Even though there are other ways for MPM to get back to the stage...suspense....

Two Hits
Regular : 3% + 4% = 7% with average knockback and 3 stage builder blocks upwards.
4 echoes : 4% + 6% = 10% with average knockback and 3 stage builder blocks upwards.
8 echoes : 6% + 7% = 13% with good knockback and 3.5 stage builder blocks upwards.
12 echoes : 8% + 9% = 17% with good knockback and 4 stage builder blocks upwards.
16 echoes : 10% + 12% = 21% with great knockback and 4 stage builder blocks upwards.
24 echoes : 13% + 14% = 27% with amazing knockback and 5.5 stage builder blocks upwards
32 echoes : 15% + 15% = 30% with GOD-LIKE knocback and 6.5 stage builder blocks upwards.
Backwards Air= Sun Slash

MPM gathers up all of his power for about 1.5 seconds and then slashes 5 times with his orange glowing sword while yelling "Sun Slash!" and then sweeps down from top to bottom and a field of orange explodes from his blade. This attack captures the opponent, so if hit by any of the attacks (while not shielded) it will capture them and they will not be able to escape (Maybe...with good DI). The only knockback is the explosion at the end which is below average knockback. Mostly a damage building move. This move has high starting and ending lag and bad range. Yet it can do A LOT of damage if used wisely. At the 24 and 32 echo marks, the starting lag does not matter because the second that MPM uses the move, the match freezes as he prepares so it does not matter anyway.
Regular : 1% for each of the 5 hits + 4% at the end = 9% with below average knockback
4 echoes : 1% for each of the 5 hits + 6% at the end = 11% with below average knockback
8 echoes : 1% for each of the 5 hits + 8% at the end = 13% with average knockback
12 echoes : 1%-2% for each of the 5 hits + 9% at the end = 16% with average knockback
16 echoes : 1%-2% for each of the 5 hits + 11% at the end = 19% with average knockback
24 echoes : 2% for each of the 5 hits + 12% at the end = 22% with good knockback (starting lag does not matter)
36 echoes : 2% for each of the 5 hits + 15% at the end = 25% with great knockback (starting lag does not matter)
...really? Four references to a moveset that hasn't even been released?

...I'm quite flattered. Great joke moveset though. I saw one of these moves in here and I was like...haha no way! Then I saw another...and another and another. Hmm. Is Allegretto really that well known?

That's also 4/5 of all of the previews I posted. Haha. Sun Slash is a Bair.

EDIT: I'm pretty sure the guy who has been posting is just an MYMer's seperate account that he's using just to be funny and make us mad.

The Trophy Master

Smash Journeyman
*Sends Sundance an orange elephant on Chirstmas, a
@ Waddle Dee and Waddle Doo : First, I wanna know who reported him, he was so nice! :( ( Ultimate Sarcasm )

This moveset is awesome! There's too much detail in this dude, we can't read anything. But there's one person it should please, The Detail Nazi.

Why did you put your extras so long?

+ 24 votes and 6 Super Votes!

EPIC WIN!!

EDIT : Hey guys, Basket O Chicken got banned! o_O!!!

Maybe was he lolwut? ( Joke :p )

SirKibble

Smash Champion
That. . .actually may not be a joke, TM. Basket O Chicken's record doesn't show any ban-worthy posts. He very well could have been lolwut.

Oh, and could those of you posting spoilers and black text and whatnot to get your sig to show up kindly not do that? It's not really necessary. You'll get enough posts that are long enough for it to show up. Besides, we don't want MYMers getting warnings and bans for something that dumb. It could happen. The mods seems like they're pretty lenient with us, anyway, but we shouldn't push our luck.

emergency

Smash Journeyman
Do you really think that lolwut and Basket o Chicken are the same? I mean, lolwut could be completely joking. And I've met BoC and some occasions. They just don't mix. We need a detective.

flyinfilipino

Smash Master
Lol, that troll was most likely someone that's posted here before.

Anyway...school and other things have been eating up all of my time lately, so I don't think I'll have time to finish my last moveset before the contest ends. :( It's a shame too, because my spring break starts next week (after submission ends!) and I probably would have had plenty of free time to work on it.

Darkrai will most likely be postponed til the next contest and he might be joined by a plethora of other fun Pokemon moveset ideas I'm toying around with, heh heh

I guess Yugi Moto and Chilly are standing alone in MYM4.

Scyphozoa

Smash Cadet
After I get all of the movesets in my sig done, I will work on Pokemon Trainer herself. Look foreword to it! It's going to have some crazy stuff in it! Like sprites! Menus! Pie!

Junahu

Smash Ace
I know it's a little late, but I wasn't around to see Halberd Crew and I wanted to voice my opinion on it.

The individual movesets are really good, with creativity to spare. It was certainly fun to read
But a lot of the regular attacks were more special than their actual specials, which is never a good idea. The biggest problem I saw with the Halberd Crew though, is that it would have been so much better if everyone just worked on a single moveset. Only Axe Knight makes any effort to mention the other characters, and there is no "overall" playstyle help those who would want to main the whole team.

below is some more nitpicky opinions;
(It was hard to actually read Vul, so I only mention grammatical and organisational nitpicks for him)

Axe-Knight/
Overall;
I feel it rather odd that Axe-Knight is the only one of the crew who can't pick up his own axes. Perhaps everyone, including axe knight should be allowed to pick them up

Foreward Special;
You could have easily combined this into his Neutral Special, there's no reason to split it up into two specials

Up Special;
When the axe plunges, it should do damage, so you can use it for something other than recovering.

Up Tilt;
10 seconds is far too long for what is essentially a stalling technique (10 seconds of no knockback to either character)

Back Air;
Even if it is for mindgames, this seems too similar to his Neutral Special

Down Air;
You should have a clause stating that he WILL KO himself if he doesn't have any axes left.

Mace Knight/
Overall;
The mace should gradually slow its spinning by its own accord

Standard Combo;
I had a hard time understanding what this attack was supposed to look like

Down Tilt;
You explain that this attack maintains momentum, but fail to mention momentum loss for other attacks.

Up Smash;
I think some part of this should hit foes above him, although this moves seems like more of a Down Smash than his actual Down Smash

Up Air;
If someone attacks you during the attack, he should botch the catch and take even more damage

Captain Vul/
Overall;
Some of the moves start by describing the attack with Sailor Dee, and some moves start by describing the attack without Sailor Dee. It's not a big issue, but it can get hard to read.

Foreward Special;
"the closest thing to a projectile he's got", except Vul's Standard Combo.. and his Down Air

Foreward Tilt;
You explain what a Spyglass is, despite it already being mentioned earlier in the moveset

SirKibble

Smash Champion
Mace Knight/
Overall;
The mace should gradually slow its spinning by its own accord
Hmm. I figured if he wasn't doing anything, he could easily maintain the momentum.

Standard Combo;
I had a hard time understanding what this attack was supposed to look like
:ohwell: It's supposed to look like he's spinning the mace in front of him in a circle, like he does over his head, but to the front. :ohwell:

Down Tilt;
You explain that this attack maintains momentum, but fail to mention momentum loss for other attacks.
Unless states otherwise, all attacks kill the momentum entirely.

Up Smash;
I think some part of this should hit foes above him, although this moves seems like more of a Down Smash than his actual Down Smash
It does hit foes above him. It's just a little later. More of a setup move than anything.

Up Air;
If someone attacks you during the attack, he should botch the catch and take even more damage
An excellent thought! :)

I only responded to the stuff on Mace Knight since, well, he's the one I mainly worked on. :psycho:

In other news, expect a moveset from me on Wednesday.

Twilight-Emblem

Smash Apprentice
@Halberd Crew: Pretty good! I agree that the whole momentum thing should have been elaborated on more, but overall a solid set that should place fairly high.

@lolwut and BoC: You really think they were the same guy? Basket didn't act anything like lolwwut in the (admittedly) short time he was here...

Happy almost-Birthday Kibble! Looking forward to the set!

Shy Guy is officially the 4th member of Bowser's Minions, his attacks mainly coming from Paper Mario. Hopefully he won't end up too much like the other Shy Guys that have been made

Akiak

Smash Ace
Aw, I liked Basket...
But he's definetely not lolwut.

First, he has an avatar. If I would be pretending to be a noob, I wouldn't use an avatar.

And second, The mods couldn't have known Basket was lolwut without him admitting it directly. There aren't any posts by him that have him say that so the only way would be via PM, but that would be just plain stupid.

Detective Akiak ftw :bandit:

Can we PM a mod to see if he knows the reason of this ban?

Baloo

Smash Ace
Actual, they could tell.

*computer wiz time*

Every computer has an IP address. If BOC and lolwut both had the same one, that would prove that they were the same. The mods can check IPs, I'm guessing they saw this spammer, and decided to see if it was an alternate. Apparently it was...

But it's sad Basket is gone. Oh well, I have his E Mail, I can still post his sets.

R.I.P.

Red Arremer

Smash Legend
First, he has an avatar. If I would be pretending to be a noob, I wouldn't use an avatar.
Jakeadactyl, the Richard Simmons and "u liek ballz"-spamtroll, ALWAYS uses an avatar. Argument debunked.

And second, The mods couldn't have known Basket was lolwut without him admitting it directly. There aren't any posts by him that have him say that so the only way would be via PM, but that would be just plain stupid.
Moderators can see IP-Adresses. If they made an IP ban, not only the troll, but also someone else could be banned.

Red Arremer

Smash Legend
You have to either quote a post or write a long enough text for it to show up. That was made so the one-liners wouldn't result in sigs anymore.

But oh yes, I do feel like a slave for buttons... noone is even thanking me anymore... <_<

Hyper_Ridley

Smash Champion
You have to either quote a post or write a long enough text for it to show up. That was made so the one-liners wouldn't result in sigs anymore.

But oh yes, I do feel like a slave for buttons... noone is even thanking me anymore... <_<
I always thank you for the buttons you make for me. :)

Red Arremer

Smash Legend
Lolwut, I bet you're Spadefox. He was the only one online before.
?!??

Wha? I was busy for 5 hours making buttons for MasterWarlord and Twilight-Emblem and only was online 'cause I had the Private Messages of them opened. I didn't even observe the thread. And I'd never post crap like that, I have no reason to do so.
It's great I'm accused being a troll for the mere reason of being online/offline.

Mardyke

Smash Journeyman
Guys, why the heck care so much?

Haven't you lot ever encountered a forum troll before? Just get over it and move on, please.

Mardyke

Smash Journeyman
You know you're not one - that should be enough. You've nothing to prove; if they don't know you well enough to think twice about accusing you, that's their problem.

Red Arremer

Smash Legend
I just kinda find it unnerving that I'm accused of hurting the community while I in fact was doing a favour to someone of that said community (buttons for 2 members, in this case, and that for hours). <_<

dancingfrogman

Smash Ace
Switch FC
3133 8842 3910
Ummm, wow, you people went on an insulting spree, ay? Ah well, I would've joined in with me sarcasm, but meh, that's in the past now!

Did someone call for Captain Clab Detective Frogman *who you gonna call, FROG MA_ANN*

and remember peeps, if you want to join into this Brawl-a-thon, please look at below!

~~Brought to you by Dancingfrogman~~​

~~Presents~~​

~~Make your move Brawl-a-thon~~​

~~Date from Friday March the 6th - Saturday the 7th~~​

~~21:00 pm (GMT) to whenever ~~​

~~Well, this will be an ONLINE brawl, so if you unfortantly don't have wifi, bad luck to you. This is to represent our time in MYM4.~~​

~~If you want to join in, please Vm me with your friend code, and I'll add you to the list below, which has the MYMers FC:~~​

MYM Roster

Chief Mendez: 4210-4038-0279 (HMD)
cheap_josh: 5112-3159-0491 (CJOSH)
MasterWarlord: 3566-3020-3547 (MW)
SirKibble: 3093-7424-7335 (SRKBL)
TWILTHERO: 1504-5461-0645 (TWILT)
TheSundanceKid: 0258-9965-2123 (L)
darkserenade: 0473-7450-3610 (DASE)
dancingfrogman: 4468-2422-3562 (DFROG)
agidius: 2406-4931-6532 (AGI)
Hyper_Ridley: 3780-8678-9309 (HR)
KingK.Rool: 1246-8413-4012 (KINGK)
Jimnymebob: 0302-1240-6623 (JIMNY)
Chris Lionheart: 2922-3469-8432 (LION)
Baloo: 5370-2507-8442 (BALOO)
Smash Daddy: 3609-3986-8451 (Smady)
princesspeachluver13: 2149-1683-7112 (CHRIS)
PKSkyler: 5241-1676-7828 (~SKY~)
Twilight-Emblem: 0344-8964-0463 (Unknown)
kitsuneko345: 4553-9891-6500 (Unknown)
Mardyke: 365202064-2198 (unknown)

You probably noticed that some of the people here are not here at present, and if they don't appear, just don't add them!

~~Okay, this isn't a tornament of anything, so this is just for the fun! If they are too many people in one group, just host another, as you should've added everyones FC!~~​

*Credit goes to Sirkibble and the list he keeps up in the MYM Social Group.

Akiak, you said you wanted to join didn't you? I never seen your Fc posted anywhere in my Vms or in this thread!

Also, Sirkibble, you should add Fcs to the social group if you haven't done so already!

And Spadefox is a legend here, enough said, no arguements said!

Red Arremer

Smash Legend
Disregard this post...

Important Announcement

After several happenings both in this thread and the MYM chat, I have decided to resign from Make Your Move.

This community is infected with intrigues and hidden arguments. I don't want to participate in this contest anymore as long as people go around and spit out lies like they were facts or accuse people of something which they maybe aren't even responsible for.
I don't want to participate in a contest where people talk about you behind your back, and are not able to comprehend parts of your personality.
I don't want to participate in a contest which is based on popularity of certain users, and how it is more important to have people worshipping you and how popular a character is than what the quality of the works you create.
I don't want to participate in a contest which is 80% made of spam and stupidity, where everyone who is honest and doesn't sugarcoat everything is hated.

I do not wish to be a Sandbag (or whatever they will be in MYM5) anymore, and I do not wish to be considered being a part of this community. Please remove all of my MYM4 entries from the entry list, as I am withdrawing them from the contest.

I have enough from people telling me that I am a monster full of hatred being responsible for **** that happened here, and I am sick of the people treating me like crap.

Thank you for your attention.

dancingfrogman

Smash Ace
Switch FC
3133 8842 3910
:( :( :(

Well, Spadefox, It's been a great, great time having you here. I always rated you here in Smashboards and Make Your Move, and it's a shame we're losing a very valuable member to this community. I don't have any grudges on anyone really, and your personality is what made, well, some of us fond of you!

It's never a good thing that people are talking behind someones back, and that you have to be careful with what you say to everryone, even this post I said could be the highlight of discussion in the Make Your Move chat or place! We should accept each other more better, and give each other more respect. Of course I don't know what happens behind the scenes!

Very well, Spadefox, you made your decision, and I'm not stopping you, I'm just saying that you're going to be remembered by Dancingfrogman!

It's a sad day on MYM In my opinion

half_silver28

Smash Ace
Important Announcement

After several happenings both in this thread and the MYM chat, I have decided to resign from Make Your Move.

This community is infected with intrigues and hidden arguments. I don't want to participate in this contest anymore as long as people go around and spit out lies like they were facts or accuse people of something which they maybe aren't even responsible for.
:(

I don't know what's going on in the chat, but this still sounds a bit wrong to me. Most of these 'lies' I'm sure are done purely for lulz, & those who do mean them are jumping to stupid conclusions (I hope that Akiak's comment accusing you of being 'lolwut' was an example of the first one...). But most of the MYMers respect you, & those who don't... shouldn't get any respect back.

I don't want to participate in a contest where people talk about you behind your back, and are not able to comprehend parts of your personality.
See above. Also, I think your bluntly honest personality & commenting style is a needed part of this contest, & you would be a very welcome addition to the MYM 5 sandbags (or whatever they're gonna be called). If people can't handle having their movesets or posts commented on in that way, then they probably shouldn't be in MYM

I don't want to participate in a contest which is based on popularity of certain users, and how it is more important to have people worshipping you and how popular a character is than what the quality of the works you create.
In a contest of this caliber, popularity is bound to effect voting. That's why the sandbags have their "Picks, Shifts & Kicks"; to get rid of some of that bias. If you become a MYM 5 sandbag, YOU will have a say in that process.

I don't want to participate in a contest which is 80% made of spam and stupidity, where everyone who is honest and doesn't sugarcoat everything is hated.
I'd say it's more like 50%. In MYM 3, 80% would be accurate. But this is a big thread, & spam & occasional stupidity is bound to happen. & if the second statement was true, wouldn't we all hate MasterWarlord??

I do not wish to be a Sandbag (or whatever they will be in MYM5) anymore, and I do not wish to be considered being a part of this community. Please remove all of my MYM4 entries from the entry list, as I am withdrawing them from the contest.

I have enough from people telling me that I am a monster full of hatred being responsible for **** that happened here, and I am sick of the people treating me like crap.

Thank you for your attention.
Whether or not you're gonna be a sandbag in MYM 5, why withdraw you entries? & it doesn't seem right at all that you would completely up & leave the community because of a few idiots misinformed people who don't understand your personality & make dumb comments. The vast majority of the MYM community, including myself, respect you & value your opinion when it comes to movesets & much more.

So my point is... don't leave MYM like this. You CAN make awesome movesets. You CAN be an awesome sandbag. You CAN tell set those idiots who don't understand you straight (The rest of us MYMers, who do respect & understand you, will help as well).

& I certainly don't want you to leave. You make this community so interesting and worthwhile to be involved in, & I would love to see you stick around for MYM 5. :)

this is just my take on the matter, & if you still want to leave, it's your choice. But Many MYMers will be saddened by your departure, including me. :(

Chris Lionheart

Smash Champion
Its sad to see you leave, Spadefox. Its sadder still knowing that I played an unintentional part in your leaving. I have tried to convince you to stay, and yet you cannot in your own mind do so.

If this is goodbye, then know that you will be missed by us all.

You are welcome to return any time. Perhaps, when you do, MYM will be back to a time when that which you hate so much no longer has a home here.

Twilight-Emblem

Smash Apprentice
What?! Spade, you're leaving? I agree with all the posts above. Just because some people accused you without thinking about it at all, doesn't mean you should withdraw completely. You're a cool guy and most of us know that, just not those few people.

*sigh* Well, anyway, I can't wait to Brawl with you guys, even IF my online is laggy as heck

Pelikinesis

Smash Journeyman
@Spadefox:

I feel like I have to Piggyback on what half_silver was saying.

It's like with churches. Some people will change membership from one to the other because there's always someone they disagree with, always some conniving and backstabbing and nasty rumours, always some bigots, and always some hypocrites.

Always. Every church has them.

Look, a massive amount of my posts comes from MYM; heck, the only places I visit on Smashboards anymore are MYM, the remnants of my MMGS blogs/threads/social group, and the occasional stupid-looking blog. And there's a reason that MYM is one of those few places.

It IS a community, self-contained in one thread the way that communities of specific-character mains conglomerate in their specific-character boards. And of course there are asshats here and there and everywhere. A church will have bigots and hypocrites, MYM has spammers and trolls.

Think about this, Spadefox. You may have a certain reputation that can be viewed in a negative or positive light, and either way it is extreme because you are very straight-forward. But you know what? Not many other MYM regulars can do that, and your way of getting others to cut the crap is ESSENTIAL to MYM's attempts to be a quality community.

You mentioned some high percentages about spam and idiocy; imagine how much higher they'll rise once your gone.

Does it seem like I'm trying to guilt-trip you? Maybe I am a little, and I'm sorry. But all those idiots talking trash about you are just so many dogs barking. What they say is baseless and unworthy of attention. You're in the running for Most Helpful MYMer for a reason.

I think the original intention of this post was to provide information without trying to convince you either way, and let the facts persuade you. I missed that mark tremendously, but that's only because you're really important to this community, moreso than all of the spammers, trolls, and back-talkers combined, and to lose you because of them is just terrible.

tl;dr version: NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom