• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Make Your Move 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

SirKibble

Smash Champion
:(

I can't say much that hasn't been said already. In my eyes, Spade, you've been one of the most important members of this community. It won't be the same without you. It's your decision, I know, but for what it's worth, I wish you'd stay.

Red Arremer

Smash Legend
It's very kind of you to find words like those for me, but honestly... I don't see anything much positive I got from MYM.
I got several friendships, one being very deep. And... that's it. I never felt like I was a person who was looked up upon or who was admired.
I also never had the feeling I was that important to the community, yet alone being the one who was keeping MYM on a certain level of maturity.

I kept on going because I have fun making movesets, and I enjoy talking to a few people in this community. But seeing how everything is breaking apart because of something as minor as who will start the next thread and who will officially review movesets, and that crap is having priority over actual movesets and things related to them, I don't see any reason to stay anymore.

I had several talks to people of this thread in chat now, and read all of this postings, and I am kinda touched that I am considered being so important, but... why didn't you show it earlier to me, then?

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
You will be missed greatly by me, Spade. Sorry you feel the way you do. To those who made him feel the way he did, shame.

Baloo

Smash Ace
NOOOO!:(

That is completely ridiculous. Don't leave becasue some people thought it was you. Don't. I'm not going to write an essay on how wonderful you are and how sorry I am you're leaving, but I will tell you that this is completely ridiculous. You say that you don't think you're an esteemed member of this community. I would like to say one word.

Kefka.

Good bye, sorry you're leaving.:(

Tanookie

Smash Journeyman
*sends Sundance a leather harness on Dragon Apprec
I had several talks to people of this thread in chat now, and read all of this postings, and I am kinda touched that I am considered being so important, but... why didn't you show it earlier to me, then?
Because people are stupid and never realize how good something is until it's gone. :ohwell:

Like about everyone else, I wish you wouldn't leave either, but if you've made up your mind...well, then there's no argument to be made, I guess. I, too, think that your honesty will be missed (and probably needed next contest). I will say, though, that I've been completely unaware of the controversy surrounding the Sandbags for MYM5. Awkward...

Happy trails, and we'll be waiting for you when you come back. Because I'm sure you'll come back eventually.

Now that I've got 6 votes freed up, I guess it's time I went to the Stadium and picked some new ones out... ;)

Red Arremer

Smash Legend
Because people are stupid and never realize how good something is until it's gone. :ohwell:
So I'm like Mewtwo for Brawl... just that I won't be cut in the sequel.

Fine, you convinced me. I'll stay. Disregard that announcement.

Just know one thing: As soon as I am accused of hurting the community again, or insulted behind my back and I get to know of it, you will get rid of me.

dancingfrogman

Smash Ace
Switch FC
3133 8842 3910
Hurray!

Glad you're staying Spadefox, you're the mature one who keeps this place in tact. And people, PLEASE stick to your word, Spadefox doesn't deserve a hassle for no reason, and PLEASE do not become 2-faced people! I'll shoot those who cause hassle in the future! Well, not literally, but please don't make this a rise again!

half_silver28

Smash Ace
:bee::bee::bee:

Hurray!

Glad you're staying Spadefox, you're the mature one who keeps this place in tact. And people, PLEASE stick to your word, Spadefox doesn't deserve a hassle for no reason, and PLEASE do not become 2-faced people! I'll shoot those who cause hassle in the future! Well, not literally, but please don't make this a rise again!
This pretty much sums up what I was gonna say. Also, don't be discouraged by anyone who says ur hurting the community; they obviously don't have a clue what they're talking about ~

flyinfilipino

Smash Master
@Spadefox: NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO-

Oh!

Good, you're staying! I don't know what happened/what's going on, but whatever it is, know that you're always welcome here and to me, you're a respectable fellow that doesn't deserve whatever's coming at you right now. There maybe a few things wrong with this contest, but you're not one of them.

Pelikinesis

Smash Journeyman
This is exactly why I don't do nearly enough to attract any kind of controversy. Subsequently, this is exactly why if I left people would be like "lolwho?"

And no, I'm not trying to reel in some positive remarks to myself, I'm just saying that if you're going to be a prominent person in any context, you'll get lots of love and lots of hate.

But this is teh intrawebs. Miscommunication becomes stupidly easy.

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
Thank god you are staying Spade, you have always been a great moveset author. Let this be a lesson to all trolls/Internet douchebags on MYM. Don't do it. Anymore.

Jimnymebob

Smash Champion
NNID
Jimnymebob
I'm glad you're staying Spadefox :)

You are the person I respect most in this contestt, both for your personality, and your skill at writing.

Hyper_Ridley

Smash Champion
You guys (besides Spadefox) are SO lucky that when I came here that announcment was already taken back, or else you would all have seen what I'm like when I'm ticked-off, and let me tell you, I have made a a few people litterally cower in fear of me after making me angry, and that was when I was younger! Wanna see fully-grown HR at full anger level? TRUST ME, YOU DON'T!!!

half_silver28

Smash Ace
This is exactly why I don't do nearly enough to attract any kind of controversy. Subsequently, this is exactly why if I left people would be like "lolwho?"

And no, I'm not trying to reel in some positive remarks to myself, I'm just saying that if you're going to be a prominent person in any context, you'll get lots of love and lots of hate.

But this is teh intrawebs. Miscommunication becomes stupidly easy.
I would care if you left..... :lick:

but anyway, what you say is true. this is indeed teh intrawebs, & intrawebs stuff happens. lol

You guys (besides Spadefox) are SO lucky that when I came here that announcment was already taken back, or else you would all have seen what I'm like when I'm ticked-off, and let me tell you, I have made a a few people litterally cower in fear of me after making me angry, and that was when I was younger! Wanna see fully-grown HR at full anger level? TRUST ME, YOU DON'T!!!
His anger level.....
IT'S OVER 9000!!!!!!!!!!!1111111eleven
:laugh:

aeolous

Smash Apprentice
So, this is really, really late, but I'll answer anyways.

Quick quiz, what is this from? =P

"It is required of every man that the sprit within him
should walk abrod his fellow men.
And if that spirit goes not forth in life, he is condemed
to do so after death
To witness what he can not share, but might have shared and
turned to happiness"
Jacob Marley from A Christmas Carol.

emergency

Smash Journeyman
I am glad Spade has decided to stay. I just missed a bunch of pages.

Glad to still have ya, Spade!

I am one of those "People" who do admire you. You helped me when I first joined. I respected you since then.

princesspeachluver13

Banned via Warnings
What did I say? I got here AFTER you said you weren't leaving, so I felt no remorse, knowing that you weren't leaving. Seriously, what?

Well, if I HAD read that you were leaving, I really would have felt badly, knowing that it was 99% my fault. Everyone would have hated me (like they already don't...) and I would have left. Since I knew you weren't leaving, I felt no reason to be sad, honestly. If I hurt your feelings, I apologize.

Red Arremer

Smash Legend
What did I say? I got here AFTER you said you weren't leaving, so I felt no remorse, knowing that you weren't leaving. Seriously, what?
I said that stuff like what you just posted was one of the reasons I even considered leaving in the first place. What happened the last couple days was what made me actually do announce that, but you (and some other people, you know who you are) are one of the main reasons why I had the urge to leave during MYM4 several times already.

Also, the link to the new chat has been posted in several places.

emergency

Smash Journeyman
I said that stuff like what you just posted was one of the reasons I even considered leaving in the first place. What happened the last couple days was what made me actually do announce that, but you (and some other people, you know who you are) are one of the main reasons why I had the urge to leave during MYM4 several times already.

Also, the link to the new chat has been posted in several places.
Like the Make Your Move group!

princesspeachluver13

Banned via Warnings
Ok, nevermind.

Good News, everyone! Now that I have a computer to use, I might be able to post Rexis in MYM 5! And Larxene Preview Time!!

PPL13: Please Welcome Larxene, Number 12 of the Organization, titled "The Savage Nymph"!

Larxene: Thanks. Say, could I get a bottled water or something? I'm parched.

PPL13: Um...sure. *motions to stage assistant* Thank you. Here. *hands bottle to Larxene*

Larxene: *Takes* Thanks. *swipes, chugs, and finishes* Ahhh! That's good! So...why am I here again?

PPL13: You're here so I can interview you about your moveset and what it's like in Smash Bros. Speaking of which, what IS it like?

Larxene: It's pretty cool. It's nice to see some of the other members here, along with some new faces. There's one cool guy here in particular. It's Wolf. He is just as sadistic and cruel as I am! He's awesome!

PPL13: Wolf, huh? I thought you'd pal around with Zelda or Peach, being that you're the only girl in the organization.

Larxene: Nah. They're not tough enough for me. I'd actually prefer to hang around with Ganondorf or Meta Knight.

PPL13: That's...fitting, I guess. So, how were you welcomed?

Larxene: Some people were actually terrified. Some actually liked the fact that I was here.

PPL13: Who liked the fact that you were?

I know that Peach and Zelda were glad to have another woman on the team, as well as Samus. Ganon liked the fact that there was a evil girl somewhere on the list, and Kirby, to be frank, was terrified.

How did you become so sadistic and cruel, Larxene?

I discovered Marquis du Sade. It's my favorite book! The man inspired me!

PPL13: Well, I guess it makes sense. Well, want to get on to the moveset?

Larxene: Sure, why not?

Salvo Fenris

Smash Apprentice
I never felt like I was a person who was looked up upon or who was admired.
Despite the fact that this is all more or less said and done, I still feel I need to comment on this.

Whether or not it came across as such, I'd definitely say that I admire you. You've been nice and helpful to me. You helped me figure out how to work my "mechanic" for Jenna, and agreed to read the set if when I get it done. You were really helpful and nice about this, and you've remained so. I honestly respect you above all the other MYM-ers (no offense, guys).

Also, random fun fact, I tend to keep Lyon up as my reference for my template for Jenna (though I do mix bits and pieces from other templates).

I guess I tried not to be to open about this, since I figured I'd be coming across as a suck-up or something.

I haven't been here long, haven't posted a single moveset, and really haven't contributed much at all. I'm sure my opinion doesn't really matter much, and all this might not mean anything to you, but I kinda felt I had to say something. Regardless, I'm very happy you decided to stay-- I'm looking forward to more of your awesome 'sets.

Pelikinesis

Smash Journeyman
wait....wait.....Waddle DOOM? Is that a legit character, or is it an OC (pictures a Waddle Doo with a Doctor Doom mask, cape, and a whole country under his command)?

@PPL:

How exactly does something from the KH manga prove or disprove Spadefox's assumption that you haven't read any Marquis de Sade? Because I also find that hard to believe.

On the other hand, I only read the Lord of the Rings after watching the movies, so there's no real reason to be condescending towards a person because they found something classic through something modern.

Which I'm going to have to remind myself once the Watchmen movie comes out. I've already been tempted to do a Watchmen set simply because the Final Smash would be taken straight from the ending of the book and would clearly be the best Final Smash ever. And with the movie out, people would recognize the character (whoever it would be), which never hurts the moveset's chances of being read.

@half_silver: Crapdangit, man! I said I wasn't trying to lure in positive comments! But thanks anyway.

half_silver28

Smash Ace
It shall be dedicated in MYM5.

I have my goal to have the One Hit Wonder Award in MYM4.

I don't have enough time to elaborate on Hero Prinny, so it's saved for MYM5.
I hate to be the one to tell you this, but I'm not including the one hit wonder catagory in the MYM4 awards... there just weren't enough true one hit wonders this time around :(

but I'd vote for you if there were one :bee:

Red Arremer

Smash Legend
I hate to be the one to tell you this, but I'm not including the one hit wonder catagory in the MYM4 awards... there just weren't enough true one hit wonders this time around :(

but I'd vote for you if there were one :bee:
We have:
The Sundance Kid
emergency
TVTMaster
Meadow
peeup
cjrocker
Kigbariom
Shake~
aeolous
Tubaam
XACE-K
Zook
PowerBomb
The_Great_Panda
Skyshroud
Lord Sakurai
cutter
WolfCypher
Darkslash
Frf
Alfa
LockeCarnelia
Cena_wolf
Mindsmasher
I Love Celebi!!208

And those are all people who only made 1 moveset.

Edit:
Out of those, I would take
The Sundance Kid
emergency
TVTMaster
Meadow
cjrocker
Shake~
aeolous
PowerBomb
Skyshroud
cutter
Frf
Cena_wolf

aeolous

Smash Apprentice
Yeah, from the ones that I've seen, emergency would be pretty much a shoe-in for that. There's a lot of one-hits, but I wouldn't call all of them wonders.
((disclaimer: I have not read all of these sets, so if you are one of these people and yours was really good, you have my apologies for not knowing about it.))

Skyshroud

Smash Ace

Edit:
The Sundance Kid
emergency
TVTMaster
Meadow
cjrocker
Shake~
aeolous
PowerBomb
Skyshroud
cutter
Frf
Cena_wolf
Trying to get my name of the 1 of list, but I'm a slow moveset maker. :ohwell:

Out of curiosity, how much time do I have left to finish?

half_silver28

Smash Ace
We have:
The Sundance Kid
emergency
TVTMaster
Meadow
peeup
cjrocker
Kigbariom
Shake~
aeolous
Tubaam
XACE-K
Zook
PowerBomb
The_Great_Panda
Skyshroud
Lord Sakurai
cutter
WolfCypher
Darkslash
Frf
Alfa
LockeCarnelia
Cena_wolf
Mindsmasher
I Love Celebi!!208

Edit:
The Sundance Kid
emergency
TVTMaster
Meadow
cjrocker
Shake~
aeolous
PowerBomb
Skyshroud
cutter
Frf
Cena_wolf
.......... *faints*

I guess I'm wrong then. I wasn't looking forward to introducing a new catagory; but I see you've already put up a great list yourself. I might put up one or 2 more, but thanks for the awesome list anyway!! I'm definitely gonna include it now :)

Your goal is still alive MERG EMERGE EM emergency!! :bee:

& thats only people with ONE moveset... if I go out to 2, I could even include myself (if I ignored my barely noticed joke set)
;)

Twilight-Emblem

Smash Apprentice
Yay, Spade is staying! By the way: I am grateful for the work you're doing on the buttons and all the helpful comments and such you post around the thread!

Meh, I would be sarcastically upset about having missed my chance for the 1-hit wonder category, but Black Mage was hardly a wonder by MYM4 standards lol.

I'm having a lot of fun with the fact that Dry Bones can fall apart and reassemble in his moveset:) One of the taunts would SO be my avatar if it were available...

SkylerOcon

Tiny Dancer
A Wild Intelligent Post has appeared!

Alright, guys. Bear with me here. By the time I'm done writing this it will have probably been about half an hour after I started writing because this SHOULD end up being really long. Maybe not. But before you get turned off by the giant wall of text, remind yourself how rewarding it was to get through the monster known as Halberd Crew. You will feel the same satisfaction here, I promise!

So, as most of us know, a very popular moveset in this contest is Junahu's Megaman 9. Though, despite it being extremely well-recieved and commonly said to be the best thing in the contest, it's been disqualified from judging for not being a moveset. Well... why exactly is this so? The way I see it, it's merely the most original moveset ever made -- nothing more. And the sandbags should be going out of their way to make sure it wins because of that, not banning it from the contest!

First, let's start off with the obvious. It's a very unconventional moveset. It's a moveset with four specials with the exact same function! Not to mention that other than that Megaman has a slide and... a neutral A attack? Not so, I say! Megaman does indeed fit the criteria for a moveset. He has four specials, three smashes, three tilts, and four aerials -- despite all the specials being the same, the down tilt and down smash being the exact same thing, and every other move being the same thing but only changing based off of the current weapon. That just means that the moveset is repetitive -- it can still function correctly by pressing A and any direction. This makes it a fully complete moveset.

Secondly, it was recieved incredibly well. Go ahead! Look at the page it was on (84). There was not one bad thing said about it. I challenge you to find any point in the contest where anybody has said a bad thing about it. It's just that good. Even Kawasaki has some people who don't like it! Such an amazing popular (and good!) moveset shouldn't be taken out of the contest. This is just unfair to everybody!

Thirdly, it had an amazing mechanic. Now then, I'm known to be the guy who hates mechanics with a passion, but this mechanic was done well! The different Megaman forms were absolutely amazing -- each one being very unique and useful. Compared to the over-complicated mechanics on movesets such as Capsule J2, Megaman 9's form mechanic is a god send -- something EVERYBODY needs to take note of.

To close, can you really kick this out of the contest? It is a complete moveset as by what is defined on the Stadium. It will function by smash, tilting, and pressing A in any direction. He has four specials. He has a shield, a jump, a final smash, a but load of extras and all that good stuff.

And thus, Megaman 9 IS a moveset. Megaman 9 DOES follow the proper criteria to be allowed in the contest. There is no reason for it to be kicked out.

As Chief Mendez would say:

THAT IS ALL.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom