• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Making Your Own Textures: Download Links and a Small Guide (Updated for legality)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Williaint

Smash Cadet
The only way I could imagine using trophy textures, is taking the texture from the trophy and fitting it to your texture.
You should be able to play with the textures online, if the opposition has the same textures. Or maybe that was just for codes...

illinialex24

Smash Hero
Did you have to delete a . manually or did you delete coding off the .pl file for the small portraits?
Manually

Do you still need windows vista to do this... I was trying texure hacking earlier this week, and i got ****ed on the first step... the dude that made ssbextract (hienemann or something) didnet make it XP compatible... so is SSBexract still used in this method?

also yes i have tried putting it on /C:/ASH/ ect ect

i have also tried opening it manually ... for some reason i was able to get it to extract one pac one time... then i tried ot extract the rest and it wont even let me select it....

EDIT: OH! I noticed of all the texures I have only 1 can be seen online by both players and thats the outset (PJs) Tool link. Any ideas why? I have the .pac along with his .pcs, but I have the same thing going for most of my texures... So is it something the guy that made the texure did?
You don't need Vista. I use XP

I've searched all over the internet, reading related forums, and I can't for the life of me, figure out how to recompile the 'fitcharacter' folder back to pac. It doesn't show up in any tutorial, guide, thread. Lil' help?
where did you get the outset (PJ) Toon Link texture.
I found it on KittyCorp.....

That's strange, textures are not supposed to work online right?
Does the other person have the outset TL and it is running as well?
I don't know enough to understand how the texture hacks work, maybe there is something about how it was made(I can't imagine what) but I don't know where you got it so I can't look for myself. :ohwell:
You view your own textures online if already loaded. Choosing a character on selection screen loads it.

matt4300

Smash Ace
Hmmm i wonder why my SSBExtract isent working... I read some fourums earleir this week and most of them said you cant use SSBExtract on XP... then they said 2 ways of using it is opening the pack manualy and finding SSBE then using it to open... but when I try this method; I choose SSBE as the program to open it and it doenst select.... at all. I can select any other program but SSBE. The second method people use on XP is haveing no bridges (ex.. /C:/Ash/ ect. ect.) wich doesnt work at all for me...

1. I got the texure from kitty corp

2. the guy I play with I see regularly and he doesnt lie to me for no reason... or for something as pointless as this.

3. yes we both have the same texures and brawl+

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
On my csps, I have a little of magenta on the edges when viewing on the the character select screen, how would I remove this?
When you made your CSP, did you make sure that the Magenta background is a separate layer? Also, make sure that the color code you're using is #ff00ff (255 red, 0 green, and 255 blue).

Dragonrage

Smash Apprentice
On my csps, I have a little of magenta on the edges when viewing on the the character select screen, how would I remove this?
If you're using Photoshop it probably happend cause it smoothend the edges of your character somewhere in there process. So there are a few semi transparent pixels at the edge of your character which causes the magneta below them to not be recognized as 255/0/255.

I recommend painting the background magneta AFTER indexing, that's what I did to fix the problem at least.

Ochobobo

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1075-1052-5472
*sigh* same problems.

even with the .pac file, zelda freezes the game turning into sheik. also, the iz77ex file doesn't work for me. the .pcs.out is smaller than the .pcs and the step1: extract says it is the incorrect file size.
I'm having this same problem. When I convert it to .pcs.out and rename it to .pac then try to extract it in the step1 program, it says it's the wrong size.

Anyone know why this is?

Gords

Smash Champion
thanks guys for telling me about kitty corp,

inregards to portraits though
i downloaded the black Toon Link, which came with the .pcs file as well as a TGA and PNG file named toonlink6_big and a TGA file named toonloink6_small

are these portrait files and if so where in the SD card do i put them for them to load. are they named correctly as well?
I tried putting them in the same folder i put the FitToonlink06.pcs file, but only the texture loaded and both the character screen portrait and ingame portrait stayed the same.

Gords

Smash Champion
so the portraits are loaded with homebrew, and the portrait files are not stored on the SD card.

ok i am missing something here...

ok first can you please direct me to a link where i can read up about CSP tools,

and if homebrew is loading the portraits where abouts is the portrait files stored for homebrew/brawl too read?

also the TGA files are the portrait files right?

illinialex24

Smash Hero
so the portraits are loaded with homebrew, and the portrait files are not stored on the SD card.

ok i am missing something here...

ok first can you please direct me to a link where i can read up about CSP tools,

and if homebrew is loading the portraits where abouts is the portrait files stored for homebrew/brawl too read?

also the TGA files are the portrait files right?
TGA files are portraits yes. Download my CSPTools to read up on them. Its on my first post....

Gords

Smash Champion
thanks for that, its what i as looking for. the last thing though, in the CSPTools guide it says

"(if you have PAL wii or something I think that you may need to acquire a Common5.pac that's local to your region)"

do you know where i can get this file or can i still use the Common5_en.pac on my Pal wii laoding a NTSC US brawl through geckoOS?

Dragonrage

Smash Apprentice
TGA files are portraits yes. Download my CSPTools to read up on them. Its on my first post....
I was wondering did you get the battle portraits to work? I found out why some of them get ignored by CUPASH's second step.

Let's say you want to replace the portrait of C.Falcon's blue costume. If his original battle portrait wasn't in the neededfiles folder at the time you ran step1 it won't work. So basically you need all the original battle portraits of the costumes you want to edit.

Since it bothered me to always have to run step1 again when ever I added a new one, I made a complete rip of all the battle protraits. I can send them to you if want to include them in your CSP tools.

illinialex24

Smash Hero
I was wondering did you get the battle portraits to work? I found out why some of them get ignored by CUPASH's second step.

Let's say you want to replace the portrait of C.Falcon's blue costume. If his original battle portrait wasn't in the neededfiles folder at the time you ran step1 it won't work. So basically you need all the original battle portraits of the costumes you want to edit.

Since it bothered me to always have to run step1 again when ever I added a new one, I made a complete rip of all the battle protraits. I can send them to you if want to include them in your CSP tools.
CHange the name and then change the .bress filew name until it works, with the first period removed in the name and the number changed. I can find a list sometime soon.

Recoil

Smash Journeyman
Got any tips on how to render images to be used as character select portraits (when you can't just magic wand and tada it works)?

Cause mine look like sh1itty cardboard cutouts lols >_>

Ochobobo

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1075-1052-5472
I'm having this same problem. When I convert it to .pcs.out and rename it to .pac then try to extract it in the step1 program, it says it's the wrong size.

Anyone know why this is?
Still having a problem with this. Has everyone else been able to do it with no trouble at all or something? What am I missing

blazer222

Smash Rookie
I'm a bit confused with this so i gave up... but now i was wondering how to make those moving brawl videos as a sig.. any help?

Ryusuta

Smash Master
3DS FC
5000-3249-3643
I mentioned this to Alex, but just as a heads-up here, for some reason the Lucario .pac file goes to Luigi's textures instead of Lucario's. It's not Alex's fault since the link is from someone else, but I thought I'd let everyone know. If you guys have a proper Lucario .pac file, we can update the file with the right one.

Let the search begin! :bee:

Edit: Also, the Yoshi in the .pac seems to be a black Yoshi.

Williaint

Smash Cadet
I can't figure out how to change textures to .pac/.pcs. I've managed to get a .out, _none, .txt.
And I've also come to thinking I have been doing this wrong. Are we supposed to be converting the folder with all the textures -- the Fit'character'00 folder -- into a .pac file?

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Oizen X from the Kitty Corp. forums uploaded a zip file containing more than just the fighter PACs. The things that are in that zip file are...

*All the default color PACs for each fighter, including Wario's default overalls (FitWario06.pac).
*All the PACs for Kirby's hats.
*All the Final Smash PACs.

Download: http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?4kmnl0grzlj

Ryusuta

Smash Master
3DS FC
5000-3249-3643
I can't figure out how to change textures to .pac/.pcs. I've managed to get a .out, _none, .txt.
And I've also come to thinking I have been doing this wrong. Are we supposed to be converting the folder with all the textures -- the Fit'character'00 folder -- into a .pac file?
Rename the ".pcs.out" or whatever file to ".pac".

Done and done.

Ryusuta

Smash Master
3DS FC
5000-3249-3643
Problem: it's not a .pcs file. It's a folder.
Wait, I'm not quite understanding. What are you starting with, exactly? If you have a pcs/pac that you'd like to edit, then you use the step1_extract deally. If you've got the picture files that you want to turn back into a pcs/pac, you use the step2_create thing and rename the .pcs.out file.

Which of those things are you doing at the moment?

Williaint

Smash Cadet
I've got the .tga's. In a folder like this: FitDiddy00/Textures(NW4R)/diddy_body_09/tex#00_0+2.tga
The Step 1 file asks for nt compress ( which does nothing, even when in the same folder) and even asks for it when I put a .pac in there.
The Step 2 file either says "You are not modifying a character, press any button to continue", or quits suddenly, without starting.
So, I am starting with a folder with no pacs/pcas. just tgas.
Thanks for trying to help out.

Ryusuta

Smash Master
3DS FC
5000-3249-3643
I've got the .tga's. In a folder like this: FitDiddy00/Textures(NW4R)/diddy_body_09/tex#00_0+2.tga
The Step 1 file asks for nt compress ( which does nothing, even when in the same folder) and even asks for it when I put a .pac in there.
The Step 2 file either says "You are not modifying a character, press any button to continue", or quits suddenly, without starting.
So, I am starting with a folder with no pacs/pcas. just tgas.
Thanks for trying to help out.
I getcha. The .tga files are the actual picture files that you are able to edit. Here's my suggestion to you:

• Move the folders with the TGA files out of the ASH folder and put them somewhere convenient.
  • With the default .pac files from the .rar in place, run step1_extract and indicate fitdiddy00.pac
  • Now, take the .tga files you want to use and replace each of the file in their respective folders (make sure the file names are the same and that you're replacing the right files. This could require a side-by-side comparison using GIMP.
  • With all files replaced in their folders, run Step2_create, and you should receive the proper files. Rename them to fitdiddy##.pcs and .pac respectively (with ## being the color scheme assignment you'd like to give them), then copy them to the proper directory in the SD Card, and you're done!

Hope this helps you, man. Let me know if you're able to take care of it. Best of luck! :bee:

(Edit: I also believe that "+2" in the file name might be causing the bulk of your troubles, so I should re-emphasize the point to make CERTAIN that your file names match the ones created in the extraction process.)

Williaint

Smash Cadet
I getcha. The .tga files are the actual picture files that you are able to edit. Here's my suggestion to you:

• Move the folders with the TGA files out of the ASH folder and put them somewhere convenient.
  • With the default .pac files from the .rar in place, run step1_extract and indicate fitdiddy00.pac
  • Now, take the .tga files you want to use and replace each of the file in their respective folders (make sure the file names are the same and that you're replacing the right files. This could require a side-by-side comparison using GIMP.
  • With all files replaced in their folders, run Step2_create, and you should receive the proper files. Rename them to fitdiddy##.pcs and .pac respectively (with ## being the color scheme assignment you'd like to give them), then copy them to the proper directory in the SD Card, and you're done!

Hope this helps you, man. Let me know if you're able to take care of it. Best of luck! :bee:

(Edit: I also believe that "+2" in the file name might be causing the bulk of your troubles, so I should re-emphasize the point to make CERTAIN that your file names match the ones created in the extraction process.)
•I had it taken out to begin with. It was easier to try to open in the extract/expand apps.
•Do I have to compress the folder into a .rar , then change the name to .pac or .pcs?
•I copied the default .tgas exactly as they came. It should look fine, (at least it should).

I'll give it a shot...

Ryusuta

Smash Master
3DS FC
5000-3249-3643
•I had it taken out to begin with. It was easier to try to open in the extract/expand apps.
The reason I suggested it this way is because the Step2_create doesn't seem to be finding the folders that you're using and recognizing them as the folders it needs to use in order to create the pcs/pac files.

•Do I have to compress the folder into a .rar , then change the name to .pac or .pcs?
No, don't compress anything. You never need to do any .rar compression at all during this process.

•I copied the default .tgas exactly as they came. It should look fine, (at least it should).

I'll give it a shot...
Best of luck, man. We'll figure this out one way or another. Keep me updated! :)

Williaint

Smash Cadet
Alright, an image is worth a thousand words, so maybe this will help someone help me... :

By the way, I do use Mac OS for Photoshop, but follow ALL the image rules. ie, indexing, magenta, etc. I transfer the files to XP, to try and extract them.
Still no luck D:
Thanks for your persistence, Orion!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom