• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Making Your Own Textures: Download Links and a Small Guide (Updated for legality)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lazer Hawk

Smash Rookie
I'm having problems editing textures.

Can someone help me make a Mephiles and Dark Sonic texture? I'm trying to do it an easy way by just editing a Shadow texture.

The issues im having;
1. I don't want to screw up my Shadow, and for some reason I can't find a new place to download a few extra Shadow textures.
2. When I try to edit my Shadow, even though I'm afraid of messing it up, I can't get it into the FitSonicBody00.pac, etc. (whatever its called).
3. Since I can't do that, I don't know how to get it into Gimp 2.

If you can help me and you have MSN or AIM please add me

AIM:EmoHawk08
MSN: shawk08@live.com

illinialex24

Smash Hero
I'm having problems editing textures.

Can someone help me make a Mephiles and Dark Sonic texture? I'm trying to do it an easy way by just editing a Shadow texture.

The issues im having;
1. I don't want to screw up my Shadow, and for some reason I can't find a new place to download a few extra Shadow textures.
2. When I try to edit my Shadow, even though I'm afraid of messing it up, I can't get it into the FitSonicBody00.pac, etc. (whatever its called).
3. Since I can't do that, I don't know how to get it into Gimp 2.

If you can help me and you have MSN or AIM please add me

AIM:EmoHawk08
MSN: shawk08@live.com
Sure I'll help you. You don't have to worry about screwing it up, extracting from it leaves it unaffected.

Jeps

Smash Cadet
Code:
*** Adding palette textures ***

005a_screen01

(maximum colors allowed: 176)
 (if your image has a bigger palette, it will corrupt the texture)

Do you want to include this texture (yes=y, no=otherwise) -> y
error:
TCSetPalettes: file C:\DOCUMENTS AND SETTINGS\JEPS\MY DOCUMENTS\STASH_V10\005A_S
CREEN01\TEX#00_09+2.TGA has no palette

total alloc: 219355
total freed: 219355
press <enter> to quit
How do I fix this?

Eternal Yoshi

I've covered ban wars, you know
NNID
EternalYoshi
3DS FC
3394-4459-7089
If you're using Photoshop, Image>Mode>Indexed Color. Change the Pallete to Local(Perceptual) and Change the number. Using the situation Jeeps posted, type in the number 176 or lower.

Katt

Smash Rookie
It keeps saying that the texture is not a vaild image.

And it's indexed 72 colors.

O.o

And in step one it says "cant find ntcompress.exe. or texconvr.eve"

And I just downloaded it and I didn't delete anything.

Jeps

Smash Cadet
Ok so I fixed that but now when I type yes this happens:

Code:
UNEXPECTED WARNING: This texture could have errorneous colors!
etc...

How do I fix this?

Katt

Smash Rookie
I solved the above problem but now It says

"This application has requested the Runtime to terminate it in an unusual way
Please contact the applications support team for more information"

O_o

meleemaster500

Smash Lord
erroneous colors are generally due to textures being edited incorrectly (don't worry, its not your fault). when gimp saves files as whatever, it doesn't save some things... correctly. textures causing erroneous color errors can be fixed by being edited in another program like photoshop. unfortunately, this means (unless you have a work around) that you have to start editing the texture over again.

numonezeldafan

Smash Cadet
Can I PM someone to help me finish step 2... I am getting very frustrated. I will gladly send over my files for someone to complete step 2 for me... thankyou.

King Funk

Int. Croc. Alligator
****... I just got hundreds of trojans on my computer, because I tried to get what I thought was textconv.exe... Isn't there a good link on the internet to get it? Well I guess you won't put it here publicly for legal reasons. If anyone could send me his .exe files in private by e-mail it would be great.

Morrigan

/!\<br>\¡/
Do I have to put ALL the custom stages textures inside the 'melee' folder? Even if it's not a Melee stage?

Fixed. Apparently no.

Ryusuta

Smash Master
3DS FC
5000-3249-3643
>_> this erroneous colors thing is driving me insane
Quoted for freaking emphasis. I would LOVE to get back to working on textures, but I can't until this is fixed by the people that made the converter. :ohwell:

illinialex24

Smash Hero
Do I have to put ALL the custom stages textures inside the 'melee' folder? Even if it's not a Melee stage?

Fixed. Apparently no.
Yes, all non adventure stages go inside the melee folder. How you can tell the difference is:

Brawl stages are named STG[Stage Name].pac

Melee stages are named STGDX[Stage Name].pac

Gords

Smash Champion
ok guys i havent had much time since i last posted here to work at the character portraits.

I still havent got it to work yet. Has anyone got the set of InfFaceXXX.brres files that needs to go into the neededfiles folder CUPUSH. The set I have doesnt give me a system folder after running step two.

illinialex24

Smash Hero
ok guys i havent had much time since i last posted here to work at the character portraits.

I still havent got it to work yet. Has anyone got the set of InfFaceXXX.brres files that needs to go into the neededfiles folder CUPUSH. The set I have doesnt give me a system folder after running step two.
You don't need a system folder after running step two for inface's. Only infFace.brres's, which go inside info and portrite. Your Wii can run them as such.

Gords

Smash Champion
Ok from what I know, before running step_1 you put the common_en5.pac file and the InfFace.brres files in the neededfiles folder,then run step_1.
Then you place your edited .tga files into the newfiles folder and run step_2. This then produces three folders in the newfiles folder that get put into the SD card. these folders are an info folder and a portrite folder both of which contain new .brres files, as well as a system folder that contains the new common_en5.pac file.

It is this system folder that doesnt get produced when i run step_2. everything above is what i did in that order but no system folder is created in the newfiles folder.

I have another incomplete set of InfFace.brres files that give me a system folder with the common_en5.pac file but it doesnt contain the portraits i would like to change, so after running step_2 no .brres file is created in the portite folder.

so has anyone got a complete set of Inface.brres files?

illinialex24

Smash Hero
common5_en.pac in.......

If you never made any large.tga's, you will not have a system folder. Otherwise, you will. That is all you need to know. It makes a pointless menu folder but it does, if you have large .tga's, the system folder will be made. Small .tga's and there won't be one.

Just change the names of all the files to character1_small.tga, and then when they are outputted change the name back. I do have this in my guide and it works.......

Gords

Smash Champion
ok i dont really get what your saying here.

I am trying to change a large portrait for the character select screen as well as a small battle portait of the black toon link (toonlink6_big & toonlink6_small).

the Simple CSP Guide that i got from your original CSPTools download says i am ment to get 3 folders in the newfiles folder after running step_2. but when I run everything with the set of 41 InfFace.brres files that came in a InfFace folder with that CSPTools download i dont get a >brres file in the info folder and when I run it with another set of Inface.brres files, which i think i got from dragonrage, i dont get the systems folder.

the menu folder seems to be working fine in both situations.

Kiyuzoh

Smash Cadet
Okay, I'm having some troubles. First of all, I have some textures on my SD card already, and they work fine. However, I'm trying to get CSPs to match the textures so we don't have to memorize which costume is which.

I downloaded the PAC list, CUPASH, and GIMP, but I didn't get very far in the setup process. Apparently, I got stumped at step 3:

3) Extract the following files in the corresponding version of your games and put them in the neededfiles directory.
USA version
PARTITION 2/system/common5_en.pac

That's all fine and good, but I have no clue where these files are. I have the CUPASH package, and there's nothing that even resembles anything like this. If there's something that I need to do/download that isn't included in the OP, can somebody let me know? Thank you to anyone who decides to help me.

(For the record, I have Brawl+ also. Don't know if that would have to do with anything, though.)

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
ok i dont really get what your saying here.

I am trying to change a large portrait for the character select screen as well as a small battle portait of the black toon link (toonlink6_big & toonlink6_small).

the Simple CSP Guide that i got from your original CSPTools download says i am ment to get 3 folders in the newfiles folder after running step_2. but when I run everything with the set of 41 InfFace.brres files that came in a InfFace folder with that CSPTools download i dont get a >brres file in the info folder and when I run it with another set of Inface.brres files, which i think i got from dragonrage, i dont get the systems folder.

the menu folder seems to be working fine in both situations.
It's recommended that you get hold of ALL the InfFace###.brres files first. Kitty Corp. has a thread containing a download for them, but you need to be a member to access that thread.

http://kittycorp.proboards.com/index.cgi?board=ontopicdiscussion&action=display&thread=403

If all the InfFace###.brres files are found when you run step 1, you'll be able to edit all the small portraits. When you run step 2 however, you'll likely get files called InfFace.###.brres. To fix this problem, you can edit the code on the file cupash_step2.pl by removing the period after InfFace. The small portraits have to be called InfFace###.brres or else they will not work.

On a side note, the download also contains the small portraits for Sandbag, the Fighting Alloys, Master Hand, and Crazy Hand. They will NOT be recognized by CUPASH.

Gords

Smash Champion
The first set, you need to change the name to character1_small.tga

Change it and it should work.

Then you would get outputted:

InfFace.XX1.brres and change that to InfFaceXX6.brres
ah ok i think i finally know what your saying now.

Also illinialex24, just letting you know the files that kiyuzoh mentions where in your original download for CUPASH but you have not included them in the current download link from when you removed tghe illegal files.
I am unsure whether they were the illegal files but you make no mention of where they went. i just found this out when i redownloaded your current CUPASH link.

It's recommended that you get hold of ALL the InfFace###.brres files first. Kitty Corp. has a thread containing a download for them, but you need to be a member to access that thread.

http://kittycorp.proboards.com/index.cgi?board=ontopicdiscussion&action=display&thread=403

If all the InfFace###.brres files are found when you run step 1, you'll be able to edit all the small portraits. When you run step 2 however, you'll likely get files called InfFace.###.brres. To fix this problem, you can edit the code on the file cupash_step2.pl by removing the period after InfFace. The small portraits have to be called InfFace###.brres or else they will not work.

On a side note, the download also contains the small portraits for Sandbag, the Fighting Alloys, Master Hand, and Crazy Hand. They will NOT be recognized by CUPASH.
thanks heap this helps alot.

illinialex24

Smash Hero
No they were not in the original download, well they kind of were but I cannot tell you how to get them.

Why? Because distributing those files is illegal, as illegal as pirating a game.

Find them yourself, I can give you file sizes though so it isn't bad software.

Textconv.exe is 167,936 bytes

Ntcompress.exe is 61,440 bytes

Download them and if the size differs, its bad software.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom