• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mangos Falco Advice

x After Dawn x

Smash Master
Raynex, were you being sarcastic? >_>

I'm not trying to approach anything pestimistically here, I was just being blunt saying that I'd prefer focusing on more essential aspects of my game instead of things that aren't particularly as effective or needed.

Rannskita

Smash Journeyman
Raynex, were you being sarcastic? >_>

I'm not trying to approach anything pestimistically here, I was just being blunt saying that I'd prefer focusing on more essential aspects of my game instead of things that aren't particularly as effective or needed.
i doubt he was, practising unnescessary flashy tech skill is useless, like returning from the bottom of FoD with Falcon Fox Falco Mario Sheik etc, itll only be needed in a tourney maybe once in the history of smash.
same with repeated arial walljumps on yoshis, with falco you can just ledgehop bair anyway so its pointless, at least with falcon it lets you knee.

RaynEX

Colonel RTSD
I was being completely serious. Thats an admirable mindset. Most people forget how important practicing the right things are. They get lost in the double shine/shine shdl/reverse shine platform waveland silliness.

TheKneeOfJustice

Smash Lord
Mango,

I see a lot of Falco's super space bairs after their opponent has super spaced an aerial on them. Granted when done repeatedly it's really hard to punish, but I always wondered why really good and technical falco players don't shine turn jc out into better more traditional shield pressure after the first bair. If you ever connect with bair you don't really have a chance to follow up into much, where as going into a spaced pillar can allow you to potentially stab with a shine or something into a combo.

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
well maybe going for the spaced safe attack is better than forcing aggression into follow ups? unless u are talking about doing bair INTO shine turnaround pillars?

that seems tough to do :O

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
you only need to pillar if you are in front of them. if you get behind them, you want to hit their shield but have as little lag as possible to follow their escape/counter. bair beats almost every attack out of shield.

TheKneeOfJustice

Smash Lord
the real answer is that shine turning on grounded shines that hit something are really hard, whereas bairing is easy.
The scenario is they are facing you after a spaced aerial, so you aren't behind them. You space bair, shine (probably doesn't hit them if you super space bair anyways), shine turn, pillar normally. It just seems to allow for a better follow-up into a combo, although it is riskier and harder to do consistently.

TresChikon

Smash Lord
Bair seems like it would avoid most OoS options while going for the pressure might get u trapped in some kind of pressure breaker

LuCKy

Smash Master
i was debating on if i should go or not

but in the end ill probably go with lucky

<3

-mango

LuCKy

Smash Master
uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

hang on 2 the edge and hope 2 bair lol

OR run off the stage and dair but land back on the stage that whole little thing

andddd

thats pretty much it for now lol

-mango

LuCKy

Smash Master
u meant when shes like floating right below the edge?? if so

all u can really do at that point is hold the edge and dair off of it

soap

Smash Hero
mango, what is your favorite band?

and what is your falco v. luigi strat? just the most important openings to look for.

LuCKy

Smash Master
soap - System of a down son =D

anddd against luigi .. i hate that fuker

but what i do is alot of spaced bairs

Lasers are realllllly good

at higher percents alot of dairs ..

Dair dair dair tek chase dair .. all that lol

andddd uhhh i guess thats it for now

never really played ne luigis

but thats probably what i would do

if it all fails..

just camp

^_^

PKSTkimo

Smash Cadet
hey mango need help on mirror matches :/... and some tips against marth :) thx men..!

soap

Smash Hero
soap - System of a down son =D

anddd against luigi .. i hate that fuker

but what i do is alot of spaced bairs

Lasers are realllllly good

at higher percents alot of dairs ..

Dair dair dair tek chase dair .. all that lol

andddd uhhh i guess thats it for now

never really played ne luigis

but thats probably what i would do

if it all fails..

just camp

^_^
i like bair i could do that.

when i used to watch mathos fight drews luigi, he would shoot lasers, when drew finally got to him, he would fsmash. it pushes luigi away and u shoot him more. eventually he would get hit by fsmash.

dope would do the dair dair dair

i was hoping for some tricky opening luigi players tend to have, but u havent played many so its cool ill work it out.

thats all for now, thanks

LuCKy

Smash Master
sorrrrrrrrrrrrrry =(

and u should change ur sig so that it has my name and not luckys lol

blast_ssbb

Smash Ace
so like... how do i fight jiggs and marth?

my friend just like spaces aerials wit jiggs and like everytime he lands an u-air i get rested and die and he doesnt care if hes gonna die when i spawn cuz jiggs is gay and just gimps me wit her annoying edgeguard and like sumtimes i get around it but if he gets my phantasm or hits me too far that its obvious how im gonna recover im pretty much dead.

and his marth all it does is dash dance grab and wavedash out of shield wit f-smashes and then abuses me off stage >.>.

any tips on killing jiggs on like FD or pokemon? i double shine her alot on yoshis or bf and rest of the time i just like dair dair dair dair till i get him to tech into fsmash or dsmash...

and any tips on pressuring marth without getting gimped by chain grabs/wavedash outta shield fsmash?

idk its not like he ***** me we go pretty even but i was wondering if there was anything that u know that im missing :D

AvengerAngel

Smash Journeyman
What's the best choice for shield pressure? Dair or Nair? IIRC Nair gives a little more stun (I'm not sure tho) but it pushes your opponent far away. Is it safe vs. Peach/Sheik/Marf/Fox?
And again what's the best choice to retreat after a shine? Dair or Nair? I mean the spaced aerial you do jumping back when you're just in front of your opponent's shield to bait a shield grab and punish with a smash/whatever. Is Dair better for spacing? :o

Top Bottom