• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mangos Falco Advice

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
mango when u get back can u tell me what u think of ic's lol cuz i think imma drop them for certain matchups where falco's better

do ic's suck? cuz i kinda think they suck now unless its chu

i wanna learn how to play falco vs peach w/o getting gayed by macd

MacD

Banned via Administration
psh chok, unless your like mango or zhu, your falco is gonna get gayed, k ;)

ps we should play sometime in the next week or two

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
ice climbers definately suck

theyre falling behind in the metagame

sorry andre =/

in other news, i main ness now looooool!
lol yea, i feel it too

they have ok matchups against fox falco falcon sheik but like... theres marth peach ganon and other floaties who are REALLY hard to adapt to and easily outspace ic's like puff/luigi... or samus if u play gay

and even then, fox falco falcon sheik can still easily strategize against ic's

psh chok, unless your like mango or zhu, your falco is gonna get gayed, k ;)

ps we should play sometime in the next week or two
aite lets do it

not weekends pls :)

Zolios

Smash Apprentice
Apparently I have a cool edgeguarding technique as I've been told. On Yoshi's Island, I did a shine on the edge to a waveland away from the stage, shined below the edge, jumped, walljumped, and spiked a captain falcon.

Leviathan741

Smash Ace
Ok so here is the deal. ususally i play cf but I am trying out falco. I am noob with him, but I can wavedash, and shuffle most of his moves easily. What specifics for falco do I need to work on. For ex for cf you have to learn combos and using nairs and spacing correctly. What about Falco? One thing would be like short hop lasers. BTW HOW DO I DO THOSE?

Thanks

Red the Ghost

Smash Ace
Ok so here is the deal. ususally i play cf but I am trying out falco. I am noob with him, but I can wavedash, and shuffle most of his moves easily. What specifics for falco do I need to work on. For ex for cf you have to learn combos and using nairs and spacing correctly. What about Falco? One thing would be like short hop lasers. BTW HOW DO I DO THOSE?

Thanks
Look at the stickies on this board reeeallllllyyyy hard

Sraigux

Smash Journeyman
When trying to dair out of a shine the opponent always seems to high for me to hit on the first jump, but too low on the second, any suggestions?

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
Lol that isn't asking for advice.
I don't though.

Uhhh, Mango, what's the best way to deal with Jigglypuff's Bairs as Falco? I'm talking Bairs only, over and over and over. You know.

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
That's what I was thinking, but I'm not sure if Falco is quick enough to get back and Bair Jiggz before she floats away after doing a higher Bair(ensuring I don't jump away or whatever the point of that one is).

I haven't tested it really though, so that should help.

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
Yes, which is why lasers are only so helpful to me in this matchup. Fair can cause different problems with it's weak hitbox at the end of the move, so I don't know how much good that will do.

DrewB008

Smash Lord
i havent fought any of the great puffs with falco before, i mostly use falcon or fox against them

but my strategy in general vs puff is to focus on just getting above or below them, and lasers can help a lot with that. if you just shoot a bunch of lasers in a row theyll have to either land and probably shield at one point, at which you can shield pressure, or they'll have to go up and over and you can get at them from there

it can be really annoying to get at an hbox like puff that stays under a platform while spacing bairs, but i think your lasers can help a lot in making them either move upwards or downwards enough for you to at least get an opening around a bair

sexy's back

Smash Cadet
k guys im new to brawl

when i play online and i try to shoot 2 lasers its too slow and people jump over them and hit me..

someone told me i should jump and do 2 lasers in the air

but i think its to slow..

help?

also wes jiggs could just float to meet your level and then **** you anyways
its impossible
and why are you trying to run the timer out vs jiggs lmao

derfleurer

Smash Journeyman
So you asking about melee or brawl? The point of jumping is to cancel the lag (so you can react more quickly) and allow yourself to maneuver while firing. Dunno if the lag's really an issue in brawl, though. Haven't played.

L__

Smash Master
it Would Be Hecka Funny If Some One Asked A Brawl Falco Question Lol
k Guys Im New To Brawl

When I Play Online And I Try To Shoot 2 Lasers Its Too Slow And People Jump Over Them And Hit Me..

Someone Told Me I Should Jump And Do 2 Lasers In The Air

But I Think Its To Slow..

Help?

Also Wes Jiggs Could Just Float To Meet Your Level And Then **** You Anyways
Its Impossible
And Why Are You Trying To Run The Timer Out Vs Jiggs Lmao

lmao

#HBC | Gorf

toastin walrus since 4/20 maaaan
What L said xD!

Yo Mango what would you say is the right thing to do out of a d throw? I usually dash dance to a d air, but people have told me d smash or n air/b air is more effective. I mean, if they tech way out, it's obvious to SHL them, but it's a habit of mine to immediately dash dance out of d throw.

And, assuming that I'd like to aspire as a Falco main, what is my best 2ndary choice in your opinion? I have a good doc, but I'd prefer my Falco over him and wanted to know if doc is a safe bet in CPing.

sexy's back

Smash Cadet
yea but mango is the best!
he can give me good advice still cant he?
i wanna beat everyone on wi-fi one day...
and i will have a perfect record!!

im pretty good except i dont know when to use lasers..

im 12 btw =]

im pretty good for my age
i beat my cousin all the time and hes 14!

Top Bottom