• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mass Effect series discussion

LivewiresXe

Smash Hero
Said that yesterday. Might have been able to get it this morning because of time zones but you wont get it tonight.

Fortunately I still was able to. I logged in, got the Loyalty Pack and FINALLY after all this time got a Harrier. I've been trying to get that thing for what seems like forever, so I'm so glad I finally got it.

Pluvia

Hates Semicolons<br>;
Yeah the Loyalty pack gives you a UR you don't have. If you have every UR it gives you a random one, and if you have every UR maxed it gives you a comendation weapon.

Master Xanthan

Smash Champion
So the balance changes were delayed again, so I'm canceling my pre-order.

On a different note, tons of people who bought the PC version of Black Ops 2 got Mass Effect 2 on a Black Ops disc instead.

Bioware has responded by giving the first fifty people to send them a picture of them holding their Black Ops 2 (disc 2) disc a free copy of Mass Effect Trilogy.
Your pre-order? On what game? And that's pretty cool that Bioware is giving Black Ops II players that got the mass effect 2 disc the entire trilogy. This could also make some Black Ops II players Mass Effect fans, which will be good for Bioware once they release the next Mass Effect game.

Pluvia

Hates Semicolons<br>;
Oh yeah I forgot that pre-order reference is a BSN thing. Basically before ME3 came out lots of people seemed to be getting annoyed at info about it (multiplayer, From Ashes, smaller squad) and would say they're canceling their pre-order.

It happened so often that it became a sort of meme, with people saying they're canceling their pre-order for the most ridiculous of reasons.

Pluvia

Hates Semicolons<br>;
Balance Changes:

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Nov 14, 2012

New hazard maps available this week are Firebase Glacier and Firebase Ghost

Vorcha Hunter Engineer kit now available as a new Rare card

XP and Score Rewards (applies to points earned for Challenges)
- XP/Score bonus on Gold difficulty increased from 40% to 60%
- XP/Score bonus on Platinum difficulty increased from 60% to 100%

Shield Gate
- Cooldown between getting shield gates decreased from 4 to 3 seconds, meaning you have to wait
less time before you get your shield gate back.

Objectives
- Decreased the chance that enemies will spawn close to annex objectives

Challenges
- Fixed an issue causing the Turian Soldier challenge to give too many notifications

Pluvia

Hates Semicolons<br>;
Vorcha is buffed with pre-patch Cryo and pre-buff Submission Net.

So basically pointless until they buff Submission Net like they said they're going to do next week.

Edit:

[collapse= OMEGA SORTA SPOILERS PIC]
[/collapse]

Pluvia

Hates Semicolons<br>;
Balance changes:

Nov 20, 2012

New hazard maps available this week are Firebase Dagger and Firebase White

Volus Mercenary Sentinel is now available as a new Rare card

Submission Net (Vorcha Engineer)
- All stats changed to match the Batarian Submission Net

Challenges
- Renamed N7 Day Challenge banner title to "Loyalist"

Arc Pistol
- Damage multiplier when fully charged increased from 2.0 to 3.0

Disciple Shotgun
- Damage increased from [46.3-57.8] to [55.6-69.5]

Collector SMG
- Damage increased from [37.4-46.75] to [41.2-51.5]

Another Volus.

Pluvia

Hates Semicolons<br>;
It's for Shepard, that first one is on Femshep.

Dunno how much it'll cost, probably about the same as a weapons pack, it should be in the marketplace right now but I can't seem to find it on Xbox.

Master Xanthan

Smash Champion

LivewiresXe

Smash Hero
You could also argue that they could do a smaller game that covers the 2 year period between Mass Effect 1 and 2. Or have unique characters and cover the time between ME1 and ME3, but without Shepard and crew being involved.

Pluvia

Hates Semicolons<br>;
I don't think a sequel would be possible on this generation of consoles, but it wouldn't really be that hard I think, just
add a texture overlay for Synthesis, add some Reapers for Control and Synthesis, and remove Reapers and the Geth for Destroy.

It would be really complicated but with a new character, therefore ignoring all but the MAJOR choices, it wouldn't be impossible. They'd probably just need something more than an Xbox 360 and 2 DVD's.

Pluvia

Hates Semicolons<br>;
Hmm, well in other Omega style news, turns out it's going to be 1.99Gb's.

So that means it falls just under the Xbox limit or maybe it's the max? I know 2Gb's is the limit but I dunno if it means DLC has to be under 2Gb's or if it's not allowed to be over 2Gb's. Anyway this basically means it's as big as a DLC's allowed to be and it's the biggest DLC I'll have ever downloaded.

O D I N

Smash Hero
GameAngel64's house, getting my @#% handed to me.
3DS FC
4098-3123-8629
Hmm, well in other Omega style news, turns out it's going to be 1.99Gb's.

So that means it falls just under the Xbox limit or maybe it's the max? I know 2Gb's is the limit but I dunno if it means DLC has to be under 2Gb's or if it's not allowed to be over 2Gb's. Anyway this basically means it's as big as a DLC's allowed to be and it's the biggest DLC I'll have ever downloaded.
You didn't get the Extended Cut? I thought that was 2 gigs?

Well, time to delete RE6.

LivewiresXe

Smash Hero
You didn't get the Extended Cut? I thought that was 2 gigs?

Well, time to delete RE6.

That bad huh? I may clear some stuff out too, and I like to keep my PS3 so that it has at least 34gigs of space on it. Then again...when I get Tekken Tag 2 and its 7.5gig install....whew, that won't be happening.

O D I N

Smash Hero
GameAngel64's house, getting my @#% handed to me.
3DS FC
4098-3123-8629
That bad huh? I may clear some stuff out too, and I like to keep my PS3 so that it has at least 34gigs of space on it. Then again...when I get Tekken Tag 2 and its 7.5gig install....whew, that won't be happening.
I got RE6 and Alan Wake for free after my account being hacked fiasco (digital download). I installed them, and never got around to playing them. Wanted to. But eh. I've beaten 6, so that's first up on the chopping block. Even with a 120gb HD, I'm pressed for space. :urg: It's crazy. I've gone through and deleted tons of stuff. But goodness gravy, I've run out of stuff to get rid of.

LivewiresXe

Smash Hero
So glad I have PC, so I don't have to worry about space.

But then I sacrifice having to play with randoms. Hard to find friends. I resort to BW forums.

You have to resort to going to the BW forums with those crazy people? Oh crap...that's awful. I legit feel for you because there's a lot of weirdness there.

Master Xanthan

Smash Champion
You have to resort to going to the BW forums with those crazy people? Oh crap...that's awful. I legit feel for you because there's a lot of weirdness there.
I wouldn't say weird, BW forums (multiplayer section at least) is nothing more than a bunch of people calling for stuff to be nerfed 24/7. I've stopped going there because all the negativity is just depressing.

LivewiresXe

Smash Hero
I wouldn't say weird, BW forums (multiplayer section at least) is nothing more than a bunch of people calling for stuff to be nerfed 24/7. I've stopped going there because all the negativity is just depressing.

To me that's pretty weird, and incredibly insane. Now, if they were constantly calling for stuff to be buffed, THEN I could understand.

Pluvia

Hates Semicolons<br>;
The multiplayer section is relatively sane, it's the Spoilers section that's full of life draining negativity.

While people call for nerfs on everything, it's pretty much died down now as everything is getting quite balanced. Occasionally you'll see a Harier nerf post, and I dunno what happened to all the Ghost threads seeing as though there was like 10 of them a day but now I haven't seen one in weeks.

Anyway I keep you generally updated here I think, but yeah the multiplayer forum still has tons of arguments but at least it's about things other than buffs/nerfs these days.

Edit:

Oh nevermind a Ghost nerf thread popped up just after I made this.

Pluvia

Hates Semicolons<br>;
OMEGA TRAILER! Oh man that was epic!

On a multiplayer note, the guy that keeps on leaking the multiplayer DLC said "the future looks bright", then he said this in a thread contemplating that Retaliation was the last MP DLC:

Patience grasshoppers. Soon all the brainy goodness you could desire will be upon you.
So that means more MP DLC in the future. My theory is he's talking about the Adjutants:

Top Bottom