• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mass Madness 9 Results: KevinM was there!

GameUnderground

Smash Journeyman
I would rather replace his wii if it means people will still feel comfortable that they can bring their stuff here so tournaments run well!

Also I can prove if he brought one or not... We have 9 cameras in the store. I can also see where he put his and watch to see who took it.

Cort

Apple Head
well you should probably see who took it before replacing it

otherwise you're gonna have a lot of people 'misplacing' their wiis at your tournies LOL

Solid Jake

The Arcanum
cameras for the win!
i demand justice!

hope things work out GU, you guys are too good.

I ran a tourney last summer, and some douche bag stole $1000
i pretty much wish people like that would just die.
It really sucks...

Skler

Smash Master
I can get somebody to send my wii a message, since I know at least one smasher who has my wii # and is on my friend list. If the person doesn't respond in a while I guess there's nothing I can really do about it.

Thanks a ton for offering the wii, but first I want to see if I can get mine back. Really sorry about taking the wrong Wii, it was late and I was in a hurry.

noodles

Smash Champion
lol @ cort

but that means u could of checked to see who took ur wii as well

GameUnderground

Smash Journeyman
True but it's easier to ask first... I was about to do this and then he said he had mine... Believe me I can prove if he had his or not.

You wouldn't believe how many people do stupid stuff here that I watch over and over on the screen. My favorite was a guy that was balancing on the bar of the DDR Machine and fell off backwards on his neck.

I want to make sure that he gets his back cause I felt friggin terrible when I realized mine was missing...

Also Jake I heard about that... I'm sorry that happened... People suck.... sometimes.

Greene Archer

Smash Ace
Good to hear Jamie's was found, sucks the one that really went missing was skler's.

I'm trying to figure out a way to prevent this kind of stuff from happening again, like checking consoles at the door or something. I haven't figured out how to prevent the theft though, that's a problem.

BDawgPHD

Smash Ace

Roga would never pull a ***** move. Also, he's 1 of the few smashers who is ALWAYS sportsmanlike. Quick note for you, it's not his responsibility to replay a match that's 2/3 complete b/c you JUST noticed that a certain button isn't working on your controller.

On a side note, Roga's a beast who beats me a lot too, & since I beat you (barely :)) in our MM (assuming you're the person I'm thinking of), then it's pretty safe to assume that he probably would've beaten you again (nothin against you, but he's just too nasty).
Yea, but it's not even like my controller broke or anything, the game wouldn't translate my C-stick into any moves at all, let alone aerials and smashes (I went to test it in controller config immediately after, and the game registered that I was using the C-stick, but Mario didn't use smash attacks or aerials, I assumed it was my controller, but now I'm pretty sure it wasn't because..) And my controller worked fine after that, so it was more of a freak thing. That's almost as bad as my friend who lost because his controller got unplugged in the middle of the match.

But yea, I know he was good, but I would have had a pretty decent chance of winning if I had my first match to figure things out.....and if I didn't counterpick Norfair (spoilers: MK doesn't do well on Norfair, surprisingly...or I'm just bad at it, despite that I love the level...not good to learn the hard way)

Oh, and good match Jinx....yea I'm that guy, I played you right before I left.

EDIT: goddammit, I didn't realize skler was going, I woulda went and said hi -____-

Skler

Smash Master
Does GU have those tag things that set alarms off if they leave the building? You could tag each console/TV with one of those and have people with setups sign in and get it tagged. That way to leave with a setup you have to sign out and have the tag removed from the console/TV. It would be a bit of a hassle, but I'm sure people would feel safe about bringing setups if that were the case.

Other than that checking consoles at the door is the best way, and make people label everything with tape or whatever in order for it to be used so no mistakes are made.

GameUnderground

Smash Journeyman
It's partially my fault because I also host Karaoke after work so I had to leave around 630 to go to my other job and I just figured my employees would get my stuff back for me...

Otherwise I had a lot of fun yesterday and I hope you guys keep coming to Tournaments at GU. I think checking the systems at the door may be a great great great idea. Or having someone in charge come over and check the serial numbers before you leave with it....

I am so happy that so many Smash Players have decided to come to Game Universe for our Tournaments as well as helping out running them.

Obviously any negative attitude I have had in my posts today is because I was upset that this happened to me.

Thanks again to everyone and I will be discussing our next Smash Tournament with people asap.

unknownforce

Smash Lord
IMPORTANT!

Guys, I have Sklers wii. Somehow my wii got must have gotten moved to another station.

Here is exactly what happened, and I need to explain because now MY wii is missing... Unless it's still at the store, in which case I will be most relieved considering how expensive the systems are. At the start of the event (11 AM) I took out my wii and left it at the largest tv, at which point someone moved it to one of the stations without asking me. I figured that someone had stored it in the large main tv until 10PM when I started to look for my system. At 10, I found my system at one of the stations (I'm certain it was mine, because it had a label saying Kyle Faust) and left it there for a while longer so people could play more matches. At 11:30, we were in a rush to leave, and I quickly grabbed the system without looking at the label again. Somehow, the systems had gotten switched, because this afternoon when I was showing my brother brawl for the first time, I realized that the wii was scratched and didn't have my name on it.

Skler, are you certain the wii dosen't belong to me? I don't have any games downloaded, but I have multiple saved games that my siblings and I have played. I'm positive I have Sklers wii and not the stores, because I found super mario, star fox, and zelda on it.

I have no idea what happened in between 10 and 11:30, but it was somewhere in that time interval that my wii (or at least one of the three wiis) was taken... Can we use the footage in the cameras to find who (if anyone) took it? I really hope that one extra wii got left behind...

wWw Dazwa

#BADMAN
hey guys

i heard masking tape is really ****ing good

quick shoutouts

GU: too good
people who signed me and darc's additional mothers day card: my mom loved it
OBM: I'll get revenge :)
R3N0: ****ing snake, I'll get revenge :)
KDJ: Enter as KDJ next time lolol
"Gerudo": Enter as KDJ next time lolol
MattDotRibbon: MattDotRibbon
Skler: I have the power to break infinite waveshines
Skler's roommate Shane: WELCOME 2 DA SPACE JAM (SPACE JAM)
Buu/Jinx: thanks for the friendlies, mr jinx your metaknight ***** me, I might need to start using my sheik though rofl
Elen: Yellow as always
Zoso: fun times
milktea: someday I'll turn my monkey face into an emoticon :CD
HBK: holy **** you're good
pine: thanks for supplying car
purple cobra: more like violet anaconda
Tom/Vigilante/**** TOM/Thomas Vigil: you're hilarious and fun as always
cort: I would have done that too
people laughing at my "NOOOOO" and "JEAHHHHHHH": why are you laughing i was totally serious JEAHHHHHHHHH
Silas: nice bag of various dunkin donuts materials
axel slam/sexy: you are crazy mother****ers for doing that, it was still funny LOL

JTH

Smash Cadet
Hi, my name is Jordan. I attended the tournament last night and the strangest mishap happened. When the tournament ended I packed my wii and my friend who I gave a ride there packed someone else's wii thinking it was mine because it was on the side of my T.V.

Unknown, sorry to tell you this but there is no label with (kyle faust) on it. :(

Is there any other way you can describe your wii???

EDIT: I don't know if this helps but there was no sensor bar when i unpacked it. Did your wii have a sensor bar?

Skler

Smash Master
I think remember seeing a Wii while I was getting mine that was labeled KF left at the venue. I'm not sure, but I think it was the last Wii to leave.

I'm sure the Wii I have belongs to GU, as it has Jamie on it.

KaosKun

Smash Cadet
The tourney was fun. Thanks for the friendlies whoever i played because I don't think i got anyone's names. Hopefully will do better later on need to practice more. Will try to see you guys out there again

~Rezzoun (SFO)

St. Viers

Smash Champion
This is like a friggan marx brother skit now. At least the missing wii was found now (as this dude has 2), even if we dunno who has what >_<

For the record, EC is too honest ^_^

Greene Archer

Smash Ace
lol wow, we're just gonna mark wii's from now on. This better not happen again.

Everyone who brought home a Wii should check the Wii settings for the console name and post it if it's not theirs, so we can get this all sorted out.

GameUnderground

Smash Journeyman
I am so glad you let us know you had it!

I lost mine and Skler had it and Unknown Force has his and JTH has Unknown's.

I hopefully can meet JTH and get the extra one, then bring it to Unknown and get Skler's and then bring it to him and get mine back. Thus opening the final dungeon and being able to face the final boss...

Or we could all meet here and everyone can play free games for a few hours! Whatever you guys want to play.

For what it's worth, I forgot my sensor bar at home and that's why that one is missing one...

Also Trademark I found your $100 and used it for gas for all of this crap...

I'm glad it looks like everything will work out!

Thank you so much,

Jamie
Store Manager
Game Universe

SiYkO

Smash Apprentice
and now we see the advantage of having ones wii patched up with duct tape! That's right, nobody wants the weird looking wii with the missing parts and modswitch sticking out. Who's laughing now?

wWw Dazwa

#BADMAN
lol wow, we're just gonna mark wii's from now on. This better not happen again.

Everyone who brought home a Wii should check the Wii settings for the console name and post it if it's not theirs, so we can get this all sorted out.
my wii is mine

oh wait i didn't step it up and help with set-ups =(

everyone who did is totally better than I am and deserves a high-five

GameUnderground

Smash Journeyman
Where do you live JTH? You may want to Private Message me... Don't worry I am willing to travel to get this straightened out... Evidently a lot... If some of you guys live close together it may be a good idea to have you guys meet and then I get my Wii when I bring Unknown's....

Let me know... I will be in tomorrow morning...

Roman.

Smash Champion
I'm glad to hear everything is sorted out. This is the first time i didn't bring my wii too ><.

Shoutouts? Gunna make em short.

3x - roy > you

spife - you did very well at this tourney and i'm proud at how far you've gotten, we'll keep working on your link though

jordan - START PLAYING MELEE MORE!!! YOU HAVE POTENTIAL XDDD

purple cobra - REALLY close matches, had my heart pumping, i also had too much sugar and i apologize for being obnoxious, that usually doesn't happen. We should play some friendlies at the next tourney.

skler - your tennis is surprising good, just wish kevin m was dressed better so we coulda had a better match. wish we played singles though

kevin m - you are one funny mother ****er. i've never laughed so much playing tennis and you're mad chill. more friendlies? doubles suxors though =((( nice team combos btw

george - lol <3

emmy - i like how you hadn't played for 2 months (melee) but your zelda was still great, you shoulda probably come back to melee. I saw the sparkle in your eye when you double faired me. XDDD

elen - thanks for providing a valid tennis location, it was a very nice favor. Also great job running the tourney, 90+ people is a lot to manage.

mattdotzeb - we need more creative money matches, i'm thinking $5 on the first person to go to the moon and win a $1 melee money match up there. GO! Great job running the tourney

**** tom - i'm assuming you helped run the brawl tourney as well but i wasn't really looking, that might be why i didn't see you much cause you were busy (let's just go with that) Keep it up!

Skler

Smash Master
I'll do shoutouts once I'm done my English paper. Classes end monday yeauhz.

To solve this wii crisis somebody in RI/MA should have an awesome smashfest.

unknownforce

Smash Lord
Phew, I'm glad to hear no wiis were taken! I'd be happy to throw a smashfest if people would want to come by. Having Skler at my house again would be amazing, especially if some other people can come too.

Maybe we should mail the wiis? I'm sure any shipping costs would be far cheaper than spending gas money.

Edit-Thanks to everyone for being so cool about this, and Dazwa, I hardly saw you during the event! I wanted to see your Zero Suit in action heh.

Spife

Smash Master
Phew, I'm glad to hear no wiis were taken! I'd be happy to throw a smashfest if people would want to come by. Having Skler at my house again would be amazing, especially if some other people can come too.

Maybe we should mail the wiis? I'm sure any shipping costs would be far cheaper than spending gas money.

Edit-Thanks to everyone for being so cool about this, and Dazwa, I hardly saw you during the event! I wanted to see your Zero Suit in action heh.
Here here on the nothing stolen aspect of this tournament, very good to hear.
And I'd go to a smash fest >.>

ThreeX

Smash Lord
wow... that was confusing, I think my brain is bleeding all of a sudden.

btw, i'm down for a smashfest o_o' LABEL THE WII'S, tbh, let's all have huge signs attached to each of the wii's, or even better.. let's get one of them really strong+thick chains, that hold boats to docks, y'know? have one of them for each person, and attach it to themself + the wii.

good idea, right? discuss.

Spife

Smash Master
wow... that was confusing, I think my brain is bleeding all of a sudden.

btw, i'm down for a smashfest o_o' LABEL THE WII'S, tbh, let's all have huge signs attached to each of the wii's, or even better.. let's get one of them really strong+thick chains, that hold boats to docks, y'know? have one of them for each person, and attach it to themself + the wii.

good idea, right? discuss.
Nah let's velcro(wtfsp?) the wii's to wild wolves or bears. No one's gonna steal a bear!

Top Bottom