• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Match-Up Chart (Outdated); please refer to the new chart.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Archangel

Smash Hero
NNID
combat22386

PEEF!

Smash Hero
Climbers are good I agree, but not even with jiggs.
Historically, it is an even matchup. However, I played Hbox a bunch recently and he shieldpoke rested me at least twice a match. With dumb rest techniques like that I have to believe it is a worse MU, but no Puff except Hbox tries it, so its still even vs every other Puff.

PEEF!

Smash Hero
Yeah I remember that now.

Tell it to Chu and Uberice who both got rested a million times too =D

I find lightshielding instinctively hard to do.

The Star King

Smash Hero
Not to mention Pound 4 Chu vs Mango... the fact that Chu can come close to beating Mango's puff makes me inclined to believe that it's at least even.

Archangel

Smash Hero
NNID
combat22386
1 Player isn't enough. At least that is what's always said. I mean I remember when Silentspectre Beat Mango's Puff and made him cop out but that doesn't mean Falcon is even with Jiggs because of that. Chu is the highest point of IC's and At that point IC's can pretty much be Even/Better then anyone the grab:chuckle:. In fact the only reason why it's a struggle is because it's hard to grab puff.

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
1 Player isn't enough. At least that is what's always said. I mean I remember when Silentspectre Beat Mango's Puff and made him cop out but that doesn't mean Falcon is even with Jiggs because of that. Chu is the highest point of IC's and At that point IC's can pretty much be Even/Better then anyone the grab:chuckle:. In fact the only reason why it's a struggle is because it's hard to grab puff.
I think your point would make more sense if Chu actually was the embodiment of efficient, dangerous Ice Climber grabs.

Having said that, I agree that one player is not enough. It's kind of balls that there are only maybe five Ice Climber players that are actually worth anything though.

KAOSTAR

the Ascended One
I think they are hard to play. there are a few characters who only have a few players at top level play. ICs are the best of them imo.

sometimes you really have to "combine" players to make the meta. 1 is rarely enough.

KAOSTAR

the Ascended One
I feel like pretty much every non top tier character has at most 5 "worthwhile" mains. Some have way fewer, like Samus.
hugs ihsb phanna aftermath alukard dark mike dj nintendo rohins

2 no longer play. maybe ive overrated some of these players but they all seem legit samus wise. plus there are more players who are good, just not amazing or don't main samus.

P. O. F.

Smash Ace
DK has almost no representation.
Agreed. I think DK is actually a pretty good character.

He does nicely against everyone aside from spacies. I don't think Marth is as bad as people say and the same goes for Sheik. DK loses both IMO, but he definitely doesn't get *****. Dk's not bad against Ganon or Falcon either.

Divinokage

Smash Legend
big false

DK's bair has enough range, speed, and priority to compete with ganon. Add that to DK's great grab and throw game, as well as the fact that he can combo ganon really well...

The MU is even-ish
Hell no, with proper spacing, DK can't do ****.. and since he can then only rely on grabs it's predictable. Yes the grab game is good for DK but it's not enough. Ganon can combo DK really well too. And the edgeguard is so easy for Ganon and less for DK.

Archangel

Smash Hero
NNID
combat22386
DK and Ganon are not even. A really good DK has a good chance against a mediocre Ganon that doesn't know how to fight a DK. An Experience Ganon however will likely steamroll even the best of DK players.

P. O. F.

Smash Ace
Um.. clearly you never played the matchup.
I might sig this. You say this often and I find it pretty funny.

How many Ganons per se know the match up Kage? Like 3? Considering thats how many Ganon mains there are. As far as I know the only notable Ganon players around are you and RockCrock.

Dk has one of the best grab games in the game alongside Fox, Marth, and IC's. Not to mention all of his tilts are amazing alongside his uair and bair and lives longer than Bowser in some cases due to a better recovery and more air mobility. Ganon probably does beat DK but in no way is it ****. DK has a solid chance against everyone minus Falco.

otg

Smash Master
As far as I know the only notable Ganon players around are you and RockCrock.

Dk has one of the best grab games in the game alongside Fox, Marth, and IC's. Not to mention all of his tilts are amazing alongside his uair and bair and lives longer than Bowser in some cases due to a better recovery and more air mobility. Ganon probably does beat DK but in no way is it ****. DK has a solid chance against everyone minus Falco.
So much about this is wrong

SleepyK

Banned via Administration
i guess we need
1) a dk main to post
2) people to support all of their claims with good evidence.

actually, i guess if rockcrock posted (since he plays both dk and ganon and is in a state with linguini in it) he'd probably be the authority on this in theory and application

L/A/W

Smash Journeyman
I might sig this. You say this often and I find it pretty funny.

How many Ganons per se know the match up Kage? Like 3? Considering thats how many Ganon mains there are. As far as I know the only notable Ganon players around are you and RockCrock.

linguini??????
also dk's tilts aren't that special

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom