• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Match-Up Chart (Outdated); please refer to the new chart.

Status
Not open for further replies.

V3ctorMan

Smash Champion
Another Vote added for M2 > Kirby, I'm not one that expenentionally knows this matchup with complete confidence, and I haven't played any notable Kirby players except for Pink Reaper, but just seems that Kirby has much less room for error than Mewtwo does. Top that off with better movement options, recovery options, and a better OOS game, better CC, better comboing potential.. I favor Mewtwo.. Granted, M2's grab game is very much limited as Kirby players who know the matchup will tend to crouch more often to avoid grabs, Mewtwo just has the better moveset to exploit..

As for the Mewtwo/Yoshi debate. I play both Mewtwo, and recently added Yoshi at a fairly competetive level and at first I was always Mewtwo > Yoshi, but now I'm leaning towards Mewtwo = Yoshi...if I had to judge it right now at this moment I'd lean in Mewtwo's favor but not by much suprisingly..Mewtwo's OOS options are always a plus, maneuverability for both characters are rather good, IMO, I believe Yoshi has the better offensive movepool a much diverse, useful projectile and above average kill moves on Mewtwo, however his OOS options are nothing to brag about, and has doesn't have much margin for error.. Now even though Im leaning on Mewtwo > Yoshi, To me it's only like 51/49 in Mewtwo's favor if even that.. I believe this matchup is much closer than what people may think of it..

Notably, I've fought against Taj's Mewtwo with my Yoshi, and (Yep I lost) mostly by 2 stocks and there's no better Mewtwo to practice against than Taj's, but I never found this MU or anything in it to be potentially difficult, or rather tough to accumulate damage, or anything that puts Yoshi at a large Disadvantage, I felt as I did everything I aimed to do just TONY'S JUST ****in good =p

I want to say Mewtwo = Yoshi but knowing that i've played the Best Mewtwo player already with Yoshi so I know, the max potential/level of playing it's slightly in Mewtwo's favor..but 51/49 isn't really adv, it's more equal lol =p so equal it is XD

That's just my two cents on this MU, (also note) i'm not really known for playing Yoshi, I just happen to have one thats above average, and looks pretty, and have the benefit of playing great players such as Axe, Forward, Taj since they all live in my state, but I'm still relatively not as known with my Yoshi, as I am with Mewtwo.. so maybe you'd prefer YoshiisCool or Mind Trick or any of the others.. ^^
Hey Kaos, sorry for all of the hassle going on, I'm not exactly sure if you had seen my "edited" earlier post, and even though I had indeed agreed on Mewtwo, having the slight advantage, it's not a large enough advantage to make a chart Mewtwo > Yoshi.. 51/49 isn't exactly a large advantage.. Yoshi's only hassle is an approach option in this MU, and Taj's Mewtwo knows the ropes, and knows them very well..

Now I know I can't base this MU off of numbers such as 51/49, like I have, but the only thing that even makes me think the MU is even in M2's favor is because of how difficult it is to catch M2, (have you seen Taj's Mewtwo teleport tricks? SUPER ANNOYING! not to mention, he has a projectile, (which halters certain movements *charged*) which is the SOLE reason of why I even gave Mewtwo the slight advantage to begin with..but it's not a big enough advantage to make the MU in M2's favor, which is why I changed my opinion on it to =

I have spoken to Taj about this, and I'm certain he was telling me that Mewtwo has a much easier time racking up damage, I even remember him telling me that Mewtwo has the advantage, but not a large enough advantage for > because each of us had arguing points favoring our characters, Taj with Mewtwo, and myself with Yoshi. (if an advantage is even there.) He just told me over and over that Yoshi sucks LOL, and that I should stick to Mewtwo. (but he'd be happy if I left Mewtwo *sarcastic*

I have yet to defeat Taj's Mewtwo with my Yoshi, so based off of results, you could say Mewtwo > Yoshi, but I'm always going to argue for Yoshi's side that the MU isn't at a large enough advantage to say Mewtwo > Yoshi, and it's more towards = than it is > in mewtwo's favor.

Hope that clears this all up ^^

Mind Trick

Smash Ace
fair enough, I've never played high level mewtwo's apart from some of our top players messing with him. They never gave me much trouble though, so I tend to lean more towards even :p

V3ctorMan

Smash Champion
LOL @ my self promotion but ummm, I've got new videos coming out today, mostly Yoshi/Mewtwo, You all should watch but you don't have to.. XD

@Kaos/Taj - since both of you think that I've quit Mewtwo, or are wondering if I will
@Mind Trick - hope you like my Yoshi! ^^

KAOSTAR

the Ascended One
Fair enough on the yoshi MU. But Taj is right, yoshi does suck.

Ill accept m2 has a slight advantage, "but for the purposes of this chart its ="-I think thats how TML would say it lol.

But Ill still check out your Mewtwo/yoshi vids

V3ctorMan

Smash Champion
Fair enough on the yoshi MU. But Taj is right, yoshi does suck.

Ill accept m2 has a slight advantage, "but for the purposes of this chart its ="-I think thats how TML would say it lol.But Ill still check out your Mewtwo/yoshi vids

That's EXACTLY what I mean, by saying M2's advantage but not enough for a > over Yoshi! <33

INSANE CARZY GUY

Banned via Warnings
falcon>>pichu does anyone disargee? This isn't that bad for pichu.

they can both combo **** each other falcon a little moreso than pichu

they can both chain throw **** each other pichu can get out of falcon's when pichu has 2 ways.

falcon shouldn't be able to edge gaurd when pichu should easily be able to.

falcon has problems landing attacks and pichu can keep up with falcon.

really it' sBS to say falcon>>>pichu

DJ Nintendo

Smash Champion
DJ Nintendo: i adore your bowser and i wish you used it more. its so ****ing pro.
Thanks. I wish I used him more too. He's mad fun to play with. Too bad he sucks lol.

I play a decent yoshi and I don't think samus is that bad. I am far from the most knowledgeable yoshi player but I haven't been completely demolished against tristate samus' in money matches. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ap0PN6zpieQ

I think that warrants a > not a >>.
You haven't fought my Samus with your Yoshi yet. Money match?

BunBun

Smash Master
falcon>>pichu does anyone disargee? This isn't that bad for pichu.

they can both combo **** each other falcon a little moreso than pichu

they can both chain throw **** each other pichu can get out of falcon's when pichu has 2 ways.

falcon shouldn't be able to edge gaurd when pichu should easily be able to.

falcon has problems landing attacks and pichu can keep up with falcon.

really it' sBS to say falcon>>>pichu
I disagree completely, ICG.

Falcon can combo pichu much better than pichu can falcon. Also, Falcon's combos usually end in death or near death for the rat.

Falcon's chain throw on Pichu is much easier and better than Pichu's on Falcon.

Lol edgeguard? Yeah, it's easy for Pichu to edgeguard Falcon, like EVERY OTHER CHARACTER, but Falcon can also easily edgeguard Pichu by staying on the ledge and responding, or simply hitting him out of his Up B.

A competent Falcon that knows how long Pichu's short-*** short techroll is will have no trouble hitting or comboing Pichu. Sorry.
Pichu can't keep up with Falcon. He CAN put pressure on him, but isn't able to respond.

Sorry ICG, I have to say it's Falcon >>> Pichu.

P. O. F.

Smash Ace
I think Zelda definitely beats Kirby.

-She has a projectile...he doesn't
-Safer recovery....Kirbys is the most predictable recovery in the game aside from GAW.
-Kills faster...kirby only has bair and uair while zelda has a better spike, fair, bair, uair, everything.

IMO, kirby is pretty bad unless its against a fast faller or Bowser, DK, and probably mewtwo. Does anyone else think that Kirby Vs Ganon is kind of fun/funny?

I think there might be a solid argument to say that Roy is the worst character in the game. His recovery is horrid, gets comboed by everyone, and his combo ability is horrible.

I still think hes extremely fun against scrubs though. My Roys not too shabby. :)

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
From the description under it I'm pretty sure that's 1 iteration.
yeah but you're not supposed to infinitely iterate. you just iterate until the ordering itself doesn't change, which in this case means 1 iteration.

edit- nvm there are changes in the iterated one. idk then

P. O. F.

Smash Ace
I think hes DECENT Vs Fast Fallers and his edge guard game is average....but nothing else. There is definitely an argument for him being the worst character in the game. I also like that his recovery is fairly safe. Although its horrible, if it hits above the stage Roy is relatively safe because of that fire stun BS that has a little knock back.

I'm a Marth main so I kind of enjoy his edge guarding shenanigans. lol.

Hes definitely my low tier along with Kirby.

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
Roy's dash dance, D-tilt, Side-B, and grab range prevent him from being the absolute worst character.

Also, Roy's recovery is complete trash. All you need to do to beat it is do invincible moves from the ledge and his fire hitboxes mean nothing. This is similar to edgeguarding Doc. You can also let him land onstage and then **** him, because Roy lags like Sheik with none of the fancy tricks. It's only ever "safe" against people that don't understand how bad it is, why it's bad, and how to beat it.

Fly_Amanita

Master of Caribou
I once did a dtilt -> neutral B -> neutral B -> neutral B pseudo-combo/edgeguard with Roy. It was mildly amusing.

*has absolutely nothing worthwhile to say at the moment*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom