• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Match-Up Chart (Outdated); please refer to the new chart.

Status
Not open for further replies.

*P*L*U*R*

Smash Hero
Okay, here's the issue, since you guys refuse to let it go.

For a character who's entire game revolves around sheilding -> oos punishes and throwing hitboxes out when they feel like you're approaching, what do you do against a character the has larger disjoints and is completely safe infront of your sheild? Especially when zelda has horrid mobility. Like I said, playing a tight bait-and-punish game with GaW will lead to him overall winning more encounters. Yes, she can punish hard when she catches him in his sheild or something. However, all GaW's have to do is learn to lightsheild and they'll be fine. No point in trying to challenge her out of your sheild when you can easily just back off and reset to neutral.

Until you guys can give more indepth answers than 'lolol zelda ***** gaw. Everybody knows this' and 'mm me and I'll prove you wrong', I'd like to ask you to kindly stop. At least until we get to the zelda/gaw matchup in this thread.

TheManaLord

Smash Hero
Characters who need to consistently light shield are always in a bad position. Crouching is not an effective strategy and it's stupid to think it changes the matchup.

*P*L*U*R*

Smash Hero
Characters who need to consistently light shield are always in a bad position. Crouching is not an effective strategy and it's stupid to think it changes the matchup.
An encounter where you must lightsheild zelda's attack will last one, maybe TWO attacks and then she's done. Lol it's not like the ***** can sheild pressure. Get outta here.

Crouching is very effective when her attacks whiz over your head and allow you to juggle her. She can't even grab because the box just goes over him. So what's she forced to do? WD oos and dsmash? Bwahahahahaha. SH Dair? OMG hysterical. Even if she wasn't in sheild, oh, she fsmashed me? Okay, I'll smash DI out and **** her up.

Face it, Zelda is probably like bottom 3 in this game. She's too defensive without a way to force an offense. She'll lose against characters that don't just muff-dive. Down-B is her only way to soundly beat GaW.

KAOSTAR

the Ascended One

Face it, Zelda is probably like bottom 3 in this game. She's too defensive without a way to force an offense. She'll lose against characters that don't just muff-dive. Down-B is her only way to soundly beat MEWTWO.
Zelda isnt very good, agreed. She doesnt beat ppl .

forget it, joke failed, legitimate post failed. I give up. need sleep

*disregard*

TheManaLord

Smash Hero
An encounter where you must lightsheild zelda's attack will last one, maybe TWO attacks and then she's done. Lol it's not like the ***** can sheild pressure. Get outta here.

Crouching is very effective when her attacks whiz over your head and allow you to juggle her. She can't even grab because the box just goes over him. So what's she forced to do? WD oos and dsmash? Bwahahahahaha. SH Dair? OMG hysterical. Even if she wasn't in sheild, oh, she fsmashed me? Okay, I'll smash DI out and **** her up.

Face it, Zelda is probably like bottom 3 in this game. She's too defensive without a way to force an offense. She'll lose against characters that don't just muff-dive. Down-B is her only way to soundly beat GaW.
Seems like you're not playing 1.0

Cosmo!

nerf zelda's dsmash
Bottom 3 in the game? LMAO

Zelda is mid tier

MarsFool!

Smash Lord
What tournaments have you seen a zelda make it out of pools round 1 nevermind top 16/32

Falco vs GnW is stupid. You clip his shield and kill him no matter how well he spaces. Direvulcan comes to mind but that was a long time ago and I havent seen a gnw even be able to move in a match since then >_>

Brightside6382

Smash Lord
What tournaments have you seen a zelda make it out of pools round 1 nevermind top 16/32
Plenty, Cosmo ****s **** up with that Zelda.

I like how people are finally admitting Marth doesn't do that good against other top chars when I was saying that **** since like 2007. Im just ahead of the curve I guess

Devil Ray

Smash Lord
cosmo's zelda is pretty beast, don't doubt it.

zelda can get out of combo's really well, has good kill moves, and a great recovery. her OOS options aren't bad either.

D20

Smash Lord
Zelda has better high tier match ups than most of the other low tiers. There are three Zelda players within a two-hour drive of Pittsburgh (TheLake, Impp, and Umbreon) that are all capable of placing well in tournaments. Cosmo is not the only one.

Cosmo!

nerf zelda's dsmash
All I'm saying is, I don't see how Roy or even Link could be considered better than Zelda, so I'm laughing when somebody says "if zelda is mid tier, g&w is god tier" or "zelda is bottom 3 in the game" when I'm finding more success with this character than I've found with Marth and Falco

MarsFool!

Smash Lord
Because zelda can punish agrresive players better than say Roy or link.. But she also dies at like half the percent it takes to kill one of them. Shes like a crappy jiggs with a "better" bair/fair.

john!

Smash Hero
Zelda is heavier than average actually, she has the same weight as Peach and Sheik according to M2K.

But it's worth noting that G&W is an underplayed character, I think he has potential but there are no G&W mains with enough skill and experience. Maybe he's bad lol, but I think people don't really give him enough of a chance.

t3h Icy

Smash Master
It seems I'm also this thread's sheep dog.

Agreement:
Falco = Puff
Falco = Sheik
Falco >> Pika
Falco >> Luigi

Do you think Falco is just >> Kirby? While Kirby can get a nasty laser wall after swallowing Falco, Falco jumps high, still beats Kirby up and Kirby is relatively slow. However, forcing Falco into the air could be useful for something (I don't know how Kirby functions).

I'd guess it's still Falco >>> Kirby, but I have no clue.

After Kirby, we'll move on to the next character.

JPOBS

Smash Hero
even if kirby can laser spam should she ever get a swallow, lasers wont win the game for him..and i cant imagine falco being above kirby ever being good for him.

and wtf is kirby gonna do if the falco just chills under a platform and shoots his lasarz

sauc3

Smash Lord
falco sux, i play this won guy leik evry dai, and he just gets cged, and gimped, and comboed n stuff,

o, hai JPOBS, ... <3

MarsFool!

Smash Lord
True zelda is heavier than Roy (lol but it is true) the chart is based off of their weight *sideways*
Upsmash her with Fox and I practically guarantee she will die before him.

Kirby can crouch under lasers but thats about all he has in the matchup. Should he steal a laser falco still his shine so kirby can spam all he wants but his air movement speed isnt good to try something like that.

also gnw lack of a shield prevemts him from being higher on the list, no one can justify having a shield that doesnt cover your entire character even at its fullest. Sure you can move it around but come on, thats not going to save him in the end.

*P*L*U*R*

Smash Hero

Falco vs GnW is stupid. You clip his shield and kill him no matter how well he spaces. Direvulcan comes to mind but that was a long time ago and I havent seen a gnw even be able to move in a match since then >_>
QERB is probably the best GaW main right now.

That doesn't say much since he doesn't do well enough for anyone to really notice him.

t3h Icy

Smash Master
That Falco played really dumb, but that's a given since it's rare to play a good Kirby. If you stay away and just use lasers, Kirby has to approach. That Falco was very aggressive and that left him in bad situations. Also edgeguarding Kirby isn't always a great idea since you're asking for gimps and Kirbycides.

Though that did show some of the things Kirby could do. I'd probably still lean on Falco >>> Kirby

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
True zelda is heavier than Roy (lol but it is true) the chart is based off of their weight *sideways*
Upsmash her with Fox and I practically guarantee she will die before him.
thats because horizontal kill moves are based on fall speed and weight, not just weight. There was a list of the exact percent that every character dies off the top of FD with no DI from fox's usmash. Falcon was the most resilient with 123% followed by ganon and bowser iirc then falco and fox.

roy is the heaviest character that falls from shine (under marth, above fox i believe), zelda is near doc's weight.

X1-12

Smash Champion
That Falco played really dumb, but that's a given since it's rare to play a good Kirby. If you stay away and just use lasers, Kirby has to approach. That Falco was very aggressive and that left him in bad situations. Also edgeguarding Kirby isn't always a great idea since you're asking for gimps and Kirbycides.

Though that did show some of the things Kirby could do. I'd probably still lean on Falco >>> Kirby
i swear he can crouch under even the lowest possible SHL that falco can do?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom