• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

May 30-Florida Gaming's next HUGE brawl/melee tournament-Orlando FL SHIZ IS HERE!!!!

Gindler

Smash Champion
Its not pricey if you bring a tv and wii NOOB! it costs the same as gigabits.
Dang people are so lazy at bringin setups..
Is it true that bringing a setup you don't have to pay a door fee?

Also, this place looks like it has AC big plus over gigs

vericz

Smash Champion
Is it true that bringing a setup you don't have to pay a door fee?

Also, this place looks like it has AC big plus over gigs
Im going to make a better more organized way of counting setups. like first ppl (I'll have a set amount) to message me saying they are bringing a setup and bring it will get the fee knocked off and any setup after is just extra. and if a person on the list doesnt bring one, one of the extra setups will be counted.

And yes the AC works very well here :)

vericz

Smash Champion
From Hiroshi's Thread

I supply 9 tvs OF MY OWN along with uuaa and other wato members make it 10+ tvs and about 6+ wiis on our own. Yes i need the help and yes the door fee gets knocked off but for this one Im going to have to have a cutoff point on the number of setups. I had more setups than outlets!!!!! Like more than 20 setups, it was amazing.

Either way, the $10 door fee goes to the venue and any other expenses me and the other hosts encounter. It really isnt that much. An extra $10 to have a better venue, NICE AC, HUNDREDS of chairs, a more organized event and TONS of friendlies???!!

Come on, how many friendlies did you guys play at the last gigs??? Im not putting gigs down at all, i love them, but their lan center isnt a place for 140 smashers. Florida gaming is the place for that and I really hope everyone comes out. I promise to make it fun for everyone.

Who ever was at the first event can back me up. it was AMAZING!

I love the smash community

-Spike-

Smash Ace
I saw this on the Ramada resort's page about the tourney and thought it was pretty cool.

"The hotel will have a Special rate of 69.00 plus tax for the Florida Gaming Event for each night on the weekend of May 30th for anyone travelling to Orlando from out of town."

This is a pretty good price, especially for its location. If you are traveling out of state this could be a good option for housing. However, the only downside is that their policy states that you have to be 21 to rent a room. And im sure if your in a group of kids they are going to want a huge deposit in fear of damages.

Zoro

Smash Champion
From Hiroshi's Thread

I supply 9 tvs OF MY OWN along with uuaa and other wato members make it 10+ tvs and about 6+ wiis on our own. Yes i need the help and yes the door fee gets knocked off but for this one Im going to have to have a cutoff point on the number of setups. I had more setups than outlets!!!!! Like more than 20 setups, it was amazing.

Either way, the $10 door fee goes to the venue and any other expenses me and the other hosts encounter. It really isnt that much. An extra $10 to have a better venue, NICE AC, HUNDREDS of chairs, a more organized event and TONS of friendlies???!!

Come on, how many friendlies did you guys play at the last gigs??? Im not putting gigs down at all, i love them, but their lan center isnt a place for 140 smashers. Florida gaming is the place for that and I really hope everyone comes out. I promise to make it fun for everyone.

Who ever was at the first event can back me up. it was AMAZING!

I love the smash community

10$ is alot for kids
its alot for me lol
15 10 10 makes it probably a 40+ day. Only people wit JABS have money like that.
Especially if people are going to join melee and brawl / sf4.
I mean i know its necessary but to me personally i dont like paying it.

vericz

Smash Champion
If you think about it a lot of people are going for just brawl. Thats $30 for the whole day $5 more than gigs. And $20 for those who get discounted door fee, thats $5 LESS than gigs.

I may have to put melee as a side event and run it alongside brawl. Like a 16 person tourneyand once 16 register I'll start it.

Rx-

A.K.A. Disafter
Vericz, instead of a limit on the number of people, you should just set a time, and say "The Melee tournament will start at 2PM, and anyone who hasn't signed up by then will not be in it"

Me and QDVS don't think it's a good idea to restrict the number of people, even if it's not likely that more than 16 people will enter anyway.

Gindler

Smash Champion
I was just wondering, how do we keep set-ups from being stolen. TVs aren't a problem since they're not worth anything for how much they weigh, but Wiis can be easily stolen Idk I was just wondering.

GodMeowMix

Smash Ace
I might actually win more than 1 Brawl match at this.

I seriously doubt it though.
That kind of doubt already makes you lose Brawl matches before you even play them man, don't think like that and I'm sure if you go in with a clear head at this you'll do a lot better than you probably expect.

Also please don't restrict the Melee registration for the possibility more might come and get disappointed.

Poltergust

Smash Master
NNID
Poltergust
3DS FC
3609-1547-9922
why is it banned again?

oh yea, king D will chain grab you to death on the upper level more than one time or against the ship..

no...is not happening.
OK, then why don't we also ban Castle Siege and Delfino Plaza? They have walk-offs/walls, too!

People only want the stage banned because they don't like it. There's nothing that makes it more ban-worthy than other stages like Norfair and Pirate Ship.

VSC.D-Torr

Smash Hero
That kind of doubt already makes you lose Brawl matches before you even play them man, don't think like that and I'm sure if you go in with a clear head at this you'll do a lot better than you probably expect.
I don't doubt myself though. I just don't get more than 1 win at any tourny. I have the utmost confidence in myself that I will win or stay close in every match. What hurts me the most is how far away each tourny is from each other. It doesn't help that I live near nobody, plus I have no car, or any type of public transportation to get me to anyone close. What also hurts is the fact that my dad that disapproves of anything I do. So when I don't do exceptionally well in a tourny, which I have yet to do, it makes the improbable situation even worse. It is almost to a point where I may have to quit competitive Smash (I was planning to officially start Melee at May Gigs) because of the pressure and mental stress my parents bring upon me. I CAN'T FAIL NO MORE. I AM THE UNDERDOG. I CANNOT LOSE THIS TIME.

SheerMadness

Smash Master
Is May 30th memorial weekend or is that the weekend before?

I'm calling a spot in whatever UCF mobile goes.

Rx-

A.K.A. Disafter
This event will have Halo, right?

How much per team? (or per player)

I want to try and convince colin and two other people to team with me for fun...

Rx-

A.K.A. Disafter
truuu, I wonder if Andy would do it too if I payed for him

Andy's good like Colin.

Me and you are probably about the same (i.e. not really that good)

but i think it would be mad fun anyway...

I probably wouldn't do it for more than like $15 a person...

Frames

DI
ya lets do it bring ur 360 controllers and head to my place

also its byoc john so if ur serious you have to invest in a wired controller

edit - nvm u just told me u have 2 :)

Top Bottom