• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

May 30-Florida Gaming's next HUGE brawl/melee tournament-Orlando FL SHIZ IS HERE!!!!

FlatSoda

Smash Champion
QUIET, YOU! :mad:

*throws you out of a window*
lol, polt.

let's cut out the immaturity/gaiaonline star actions.

Counterpick stages are kind of a deal, and it'd have to go under a mass suggestion rather than one person's.

maybe a counterpick in teams, (not really, lol.) but yeah. stating it once is enough, if more people back you on it then cool.

:074:

F Zero

Smash Journeyman
You know I talked with someone at the last FG, and I was saying how some people at gigs are pricks. He told me "No no, they're pricks when they're at Gigs, but here they're cool because they aren't cramped, hot, and sweaty."

This venue is HUGE, we need to get FG some reputation like Gigs has!! Vericz, why don't you print out some flyers we could pass out? Maybe you could do it, or have one of the vcc students at the lounge do it for you. I have lots of printer paper if you need it!

uuaa1

Smash Journeyman
Probably waveshining really fast somewhere, K-town
hypezorz!!

You know I talked with someone at the last FG, and I was saying how some people at gigs are pricks. He told me "No no, they're pricks when they're at Gigs, but here they're cool because they aren't cramped, hot, and sweaty."

This venue is HUGE, we need to get FG some reputation like Gigs has!! Vericz, why don't you print out some flyers we could pass out? Maybe you could do it, or have one of the vcc students at the lounge do it for you. I have lots of printer paper if you need it!

Nick- Eric says dont worry they got everything under control. They are waiting on the art display for the flyer to be done so then they can get the flyers nice ans ready for hyping.

"Rome was not built in one day" -Todd

man...hype hype hype.. come on man.. go to this guys..it will be big.. and obviously it will be even larger if you guys consider it and GO GO GO!!!

- uuaa

Poltergust

Smash Master
NNID
Poltergust
3DS FC
3609-1547-9922
srsly besides the walls (ban wall infinite) and the moving stage (just keep up) whats wrong with rainbow cruise its legal almost anywhere else
I know! I have no idea why it's banned here...

I'm going to keep on debating for Rainbow Cruise to be a counterpick in Florida until:

1) It does become a counterpick.
2) I move away for college (which will happen in... 16 months. Hope you are all prepared for my nagging! :bee:)

AfroQT

Smash Master
I know! I have no idea why it's banned here...

I'm going to keep on debating for Rainbow Cruise to be a counterpick in Florida until:

1) It does become a counterpick.
2) I move away for college (which will happen in... 16 months. Hope you are all prepared for my nagging! :bee:)
Its super small.... (on the ship

Its huge WHILE moving (during the nonship parts)...it greatly encourages camping....
It makes some matchups unwinnable....a counterpick shouldnt make a matchup unwinnable.... (Examples ZSS..olimar....tether recoveries = destroyed)
Wall infinites (you cant ban wall infinites rofl...)
MORE WALKOFFS THEN IUNNO ANY STAGE EVER PUT INTO A GAME EVER?

Its not becoming a counterpick
Period
Just stop.
It's already been discussed..

Fvck man i hate people.

Gindler

Smash Champion
He can..........jump high?

But hmmm, I know at the top he can walk his chaingrabbables off the side for a cheap kill.

bigman40

Smash Master
Somewhere NOT in Florida, I am sure about that much. :laugh:
Well, if you're still close to GA when you go to college, I'll probably hit you up.

How is yoshi good on RBC anyway? 0_o
Yoshi kills vertically. Uair is one of his strongest kills, so when the stage begins to move, we can stay under you and attack you with eggs and rising aerials. Also, rising Dair is really dangerous cause if you shield, you're gonna lose 2/3rds of it.

Yoshi can CG some of the characters to the side if he can set it up correctly, but most of the platforms would get in the way.

It's basically the first and second part that helps him most since against some characters, he needs to stay close (which the ship helps since it's soo small).

@Afro Thunder:

Sry, but this game is already campy. With stages like Japes, No-Fair, etc, and options like planking, it wouldn't matter much. However, RC is always temporary, and if you know your character(s) get ****ed over on one part of the stage, then they need to camp accordingly until it becomes safe for them again.

Besides, if those people who get a serious disadvantage at RC get CPed there, then they need to switch characters to avoid being completely *****. Tether characters are fine on parts 1 and 3. They only need to stay careful on 2. If a D3 CPs you there, then stay alert and camp on parts where he does minimal damage. Simple as that.

Wall infinites happen when you, yourself, get setup in them. It's your own fault for getting into that situation. As far as I know (and played on it), there's mainly 3 places that setup wall infinites. For the most part, 2 of them are easily avoided, but the 3 one will take a little work to avoid it (which in this case, only D3 gets that main help from it. He sets things up w/o any trouble cause of his stupid CG).

So lets look at the list:

Counterpicks:

Pokemon Stadium 1 (1 wall infinite, and the edge tends to screw around with recovering)
Delfino Plaza (has 2 walk off parts, and 3 wall infinites)
Castle Siege (1 walk off part)
Pirate Ship (2 wall infinites on 1 part, and physics of the game are changed on the other part)
Frigate Orpheon (tether characters are ****ed on the right side. Everything else is fine)
Halberd
Brinstar
Luigi's Mansion (camping is encouraged more than RC here. Plus, opponents can live past 200% easily)
Pokemon Stadium 2 (changes the physics of the game on each part)
Norfair (planking anyone? Camping is like the only callout here)

With all these obstructions on these Counter-Picks, we might as well have RC placed on it. If you REALLY wanted to not encourage camping, then you might as well take off Delfino, Luigi's Mansion, and Norfair. As a matter of fact, I don't even know why PKST2 is on there.

bigman40

Smash Master
I hope you like everyone camping and planking to the fullest. About 3 stages you have listed as CPs are fairly questionable, and it's funny that RC is, as a whole, better than most of those 3.

FlatSoda

Smash Champion
Counterpicks:

Pokemon Stadium 1 (1 wall infinite, and the edge tends to screw around with recovering)
Pirate Ship (2 wall infinites on 1 part, and physics of the game are changed on the other part)
Frigate Orpheon (tether characters are ****ed on the right side. Everything else is fine)
Halberd
Brinstar
Luigi's Mansion (camping is encouraged more than RC here. Plus, opponents can live past 200% easily)

some of the walls don't last forever...but that's why they're counterpicked. only to place one person at a slight advantage for having the stage in his/her favor.

though PS2 is kinda whack...lol. just in my opinion. Rainbow Cruise isn't bad and all, but if you guys are going to hold a vote...a vote is better than just shunning Rainbow Cruise away.

Voting gets things done....

/gentlemen's club lolol

bigman40

Smash Master
That was why I put "parts" in my reasons. They aren't a continuous factor throughout the game like Corneria. RC does the same thing as most CPs. You fight close combat on a small ship (prevents camping), then you have to maneuver your way to not being gimped since there's no ledge for about 10- 20 secs, and the last part is walkoffs with platforms up top to camp on.

AfroQT

Smash Master
So lets look at the list:

Counterpicks:

Halberd
Brinstar
I don think half of those stages should be legal either personally.

Im not gonna argue about this in this thread.
RC is banned an dit was discussed in a now old thread...if you really want it unbanned bring it up and maybe we'll discuss it (but we wont its not getting unbanne dlol)

Poltergust

Smash Master
NNID
Poltergust
3DS FC
3609-1547-9922
No Polt!!! Dont Leave Us we need moar beastly yoshi mains
I've already decided on leaving Florida a long time ago. Don't worry, I'll be back for holidays and stuff. :p

Afro_Thundah said:
Im not gonna argue about this in this thread.
RC is banned an dit was discussed in a now old thread...if you really want it unbanned bring it up and maybe we'll discuss it (but we wont its not getting unbanne dlol)
Can you link me to this topic, please? I'm ready to debate it. :)

Zip.

Smash Lord
lol poltergust, you really want this cp unbanned, eh?
personally i enjoy rainbow cruise, but despise fighting certain characters on here(mk and g&w mostly..i usually get gayed in some idiotic way xD)
also....i want luigis mansion gone more than anything else... <_<

vericz

Smash Champion
I hope you like everyone camping and planking to the fullest. About 3 stages you have listed as CPs are fairly questionable, and it's funny that RC is, as a whole, better than most of those 3.
I dont play this game so I hope everyone else enjoys the camping.

the list is set and staying this way for this tournament, its been the standard for FL tourneys. Next tournament I'll make adjustments to the list and take off some of these counterpicks

Hozart

Smash Journeyman
Alright, I'll be attending this tournament but skipping out on WATO unless I can call off work 2 days in a row. Hungrybox you sure you can't change the date of your tournament? I definitely can see me not being the only one who does this.

I play Street Fighter IV as well and plan on attending both Melee and SF4. I'm assuming this is possible and that there won't be any trouble.

Also, please put up an attendance list on your first page and edit it as time goes on. It'll encourage others to come if they know who will be attending.

vericz

Smash Champion
Alright, I'll be attending this tournament but skipping out on WATO unless I can call off work 2 days in a row. Hungrybox you sure you can't change the date of your tournament? I definitely can see me not being the only one who does this.

I play Street Fighter IV as well and plan on attending both Melee and SF4. I'm assuming this is possible and that there won't be any trouble.

Also, please put up an attendance list on your first page and edit it as time goes on. It'll encourage others to come if they know who will be attending.
Ok i will work on the list.

And there will be no problem with joining SF4 and melee

-Spike-

Smash Ace
Attendance list added in first post.

If you are going say so in your post and i will add you!!!
Im like number 8 on the list, and Im listed as HCB Spike, but I go as Spike. Just thought i would mention it just in case this is the name they will announce my matches at the tourney.

mnitg

Smash Apprentice
We will be making a tournament program so everyone will be informed of whats happening and when it will happen...

love eric and todd

Top Bottom